[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (Bacon) [STABLE/WEEKLY]

Search This thread

infomedia0

May 11, 2011
How to switchback to kk from L or M without fastboot:
0. Wipe all except internal storage and usb otg
1. Flash kk firmware (including modem; if you have problem with proximity when calling, flash radio image from fastboit)
2. Flash kk rom
3. Flash kk recommended by the kk cusrom OP
4. Flash supersu (optional)
5. Reboot

How to upgrade from kk to L or M:
1. Wipe all except internal storage and usb otg
2. Flash L or M (including modem)
3. Flash L or M rom
4. Flash gapps
5. Flash supersu (optional)
6. Reboot
If anyone is looking for the flash file here is a link
http://d-h.st/QAY

Source : https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...llipop-and-getting-back-to-my-slimkat.226048/

edit : TWRP/ CWM Flashable.

Last edited:
Reactions: taufiqs

Mr.Ak

Jan 14, 2015
*RESTRICTED AREA*
nostalgic battery life :)

Got 6hrs of sot,WiFi and airplane mode on all the time,Youtube and Xda mostly..Stock kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-11-09-32-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-07-11-09-32-43.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot_2017-07-11-09-32-35.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-11-09-32-35.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 450
  • Screenshot_2017-07-11-09-32-28.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-11-09-32-28.png
    169.6 KB · Views: 457

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimKat, ROM for the ONEPLUS ONE

Contributors
    kufikugel, SlimRoms, Tylog
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-07-21
    Last Updated 2014-07-21
    Hey guys,

will do a short introduction here due that we have especially on the One plus one a lot android newcomer. 3 weeks ago we got contacted by One plus if we want to be a recognized ROM for the 1+1. Of course it is a pleasure to support this awesome phone. So they send us the device and we worked on it the last 2 weeks.

Short note to SlimRoms as a whole....we are an AOSP based ROM. We are one of the rare roms which still develop a lot themselves. We have a user base around 1 million ppl. A lot in the custom rom scene already know and used a lot of our features on SlimKat as well on other roms. Even you guys on the CM11S stock firmware are already using 2 slim features (Privacy Guard Manager and forward/reverse lookup on the dialer and some other minor things). As well we use features from CM. Thats open source....we share our work and try to improve the things together. That being said, our main aim (and we are known) is to be as stable as possible. We have a clear vision of how our custom rom should be....and with a lot fun we try to achieve it to make us and a lot other ppl happy. We are always open for new suggestiongs or features....just raise them up and we can discuss them and see what we can do with it. But we are not a rom which kangs simply things from others. We basically want to have original ideas and with the ideas and the feedback of our users we will develop it then. So please do not start to we want to have this and that feature from this and that ROM.
    SlimKat is in a lot parts pretty different then CM. Some features we do not have.....other features CM does not have. We have just two different ideas of an custom android OS. Both is good and fantastic....just different ;) And this counts of course for every other original development rom like PA, Omni or AOKP.

Aside the original features mentioned in the first post....we have some other original features nowadays: SlimRecents, SlimPie, Slim heads up, Shake events, Chamber of Secret and a lot lot more.

A small word to myself...I am one of the main developers in SlimRoms and leading the development team we have. I like to have OT in my threads as well serious deep discussons about development (check the SlimKat hammerhead thread on xda....thats for me the perfect thread :) )

And now a last word to SlimKat

1. Read the above linked FAQ...as I said we are different....and this FAQ answers a lot questions. Especially the question about our lower default DPI (which can be changed of course) or that root is disabled by default.

2. Use and please only use our gapps (to get the google gapps like on stock) with SlimKat. On the website we have stable addons and beta addons (which are always on the bleeding edge). Basically both are stable.....so use the latest beta gapps.

3. Which leads me to the release schedule we do. We have every week a weekly. This are builds from latest source automatically builded. They can contain minor bugs but are known to be as stable as the stable build. Every 4-5 weeks we release a stable build for all supported devices. The difference is that they go to internal testing for some time so that our huge tester crew can give the OK that this build can be called as stable.

4. If you get a bug....please refer to the Bugreport section on the website. There it is exactly explained how to report a bug and how to do a bugreport. We have tools which will help you in this case. After that just report this on one of our official channels. We have a team off ppl who will either help you or recognize it as a bug and will throw it into our internal bug tracker.

5. Of course this device is pretty new.....slims code is in some parts pretty different to CM's....so I needed to adapt and change some stuff on CM's device tree to have it working with our source code. That beeing said the first build may have bugs we did not saw till now. We tested deeply everything and it seems to be all perfect...but that does not mean we know every device specific problem which may exist. Especially due that our tester team for bacon is at the moment not that big. But I hope that can change pretty fast ;)

6. Which leads me to the known bugs: Till now only thing we know is that the mic level is a bit low on BT calls and with speaker phone. Headphones and normal phone mic level is completely ok.

7. Kernel....slim comes on most phones with an own kernel based on the stock kernel. Same here on bacon. Basic stuff I did this week on it. So give it a run and do not flash directly another one :p

8. And last one.....have fun....hoping for a nice thread here....as I said please always read the stuff on the website...FAQ, install instructions, change log etc etc etc

Thanks for your attention and lets slim up our bacon,

Lars
    And third post for actual notes:

1. Currently I recommend Philz recovery. Seems to be the best working at the moment for the bacon

2. Do not forget to read the install instructions :)
    532f1c16ce18799b5af91f4b013c01af.jpg

Something to talk about. Cell signal is a go! Maybe I will have a test build a little later.

Sent from my 1+1 via Tapatalk
    0089889bf758b6e6c82672f07d86c2e6.jpg

Sent from my Oneplus One via Tapatalk