[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the HTC One m8

Search This thread

and.u

Feb 25, 2014
Can someone provide me some info about the last build?
How is the audio, and the battery life?? Thnks in advance

bschmidy10

Jan 5, 2012
Saint Louis
On 7/21, much better than previous builds. However Snapchat still runs terribly... Freezes and closes. Works fine on my g3, tablets, and my other m8 running mokee. I am also having the occasional system freeze and reboot. Anybody recommend a good up to date kernel that works with this rom for performance?

Sent from my m8 using Tapatalk

cmattern

Apr 18, 2013
Johns Creek, GA
Can't decrypt on boot after 7/22/16 build

I have enabled storage encryption on my m8 and this has been working well for a considerable time, on the 7/22 and 7/23 builds I am unable to successfully enter the decrypt password on boot. The symptoms are
  • the status bar (not visible on earlier builds) scrolls up and down in a small visible section at top of the screen
  • keyboard input is intermittently accepted, key press may be acknowledged immediately, after a short delay or after multiple attempts
  • the enter key is not acknowledged so that even though I can get the passphrase in with a bit of work I cannot submit it
  • behavior is consistent with both pin and passphrase
  • there is no impact to TWRP, I can decrypt storage there and have dropped back to the 7/21 build of CM 13.0 for now which functions as expected
Anyone else seeing this? Any advice on the current best practice for submitting to the devs (I've not been active here for a bit...)?

Khizar Amin

Apr 21, 2012
Lahore
i posted this in the Q&A section but no one replied so asking it here:
So i flashed the latest cm 13 nightly after formatting system (was on developer edition stock rom, s-off). After that, while flashing stock gapps, it gave me insufficient space error
so what i have found out is that before flashing cm13 (or after using change file system in twrp), the system size is some 2600mb, but as soon as i flash CM13, it gets reduced to 1006 mb, due to which i am unable to flash gapps. Any solution to this? other than flashing a smaller version of gapps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Download Links

Make sure you're on an M-gen baseband
    Links: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66760703&postcount=1270

CyanogenMod:
    Nightly: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=m8&type=nightly

Google apps addon:
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org/ (you'll want a zip for the ARM platform, Android version 6.0)
    HEADS UP: Be sure you flash the gapps package with your rom. If you boot your rom, then go back and try to flash gapps after the fact, you're gonna have a bad time.

Misc Links

Unoffical changelog:
    Link: http://www.cmxlog.com/13/m8/

Learn to build yourself:
    Link: https://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_m8

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightlies for the HTC One m8 , ROM for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
    invisiblek
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-11-25
    Last Updated 2015-11-24
    Ok, well I'm now taking this thread off my subscriptions. Its just worthless for me to come here and read through the BS every day. If any new bugs come up, please find me on gerrit by submitting a patch. I'm here to look at code and logs, not whiny little high school kids who get their panties in a bunch because someone won't hold their hand while they replace the firmware on their $500 pocket computer.

In the future, if you guys have a problem, take it to a PM and leave it out of the public forum. It tends to piss people off, including me, who have more important things to do than reading through posts like the last page was.
    The VR bug exists in the kernel driver here: drivers/i2c/chips/CwMcuSensor.c

This driver sucks, its HTC's crappy driver for the screen gestures (tap to wake, etc). For whatever reason its flooding userspace with these inputs. I'll see if I can get some time tonight to debug it further and see what can be done to mitigate it.
    FYI - we updated the entire ril/gps/qmi stack this morning. Make sure you're on the latest baseband for your variant. (Yes, that means an M-gen baseband). If you aren't, you're likely not going to have a no SIM message upon booting.
    Frankly I'm tired of hearing about this other kernel. I open these threads so I can get feedback on what we (CM) build. I give exactly zero sh1ts about what some other kernel can do for your device. If you use it, great, but go discuss it elsewhere. (Also lol about SELinux permissive on those screenshots. Let's continue to recommend that to people, clearly its the best option ಠ_ಠ )

I'm to the point where it doesn't even pay for me to come here and read this thread anymore.

EDIT: and no, you aren't getting 5 days of battery life with any kernel unless you're not using the device at all.