Moto G (2015) Increased performance Speed in Marshmallow

Search This thread

danpan11

May 16, 2012
Buenos Aires
Hello guys,
I bought a Moto G 8gb 3rd Edition (2015) unlocked about 3 months ago, and it came with Marshmallow out-of-the-box. I started using it and after installing some apps, the phone started becoming very slow.
I checked here the post about clearing the cache, did that, worked for 2 weeks. Then I did a factory reset, worked for about 2 weeks as well.
Started trying things on my own, things were getting worse, a few days ago Moto Actions were not working, Camera would rarely open, and the flashlight did not react at all.
So I started checking online for this DOZE feature, that seems to put the apps to sleep once the phone is in idle. Sure some times the phone was slow when picking it up after some idle time. But other times it was just always slow. Long story short, I disabled the following apps from DOZE: System UI, Launcher3, Whatsapp, Instagram, Google Keyboard, Moto Action, Camera, Chrome, Spotify, Twitter.
I have been using it like this for about 3 days, and the performance increase is incredible, the phone now works as I wanted. No lag or slow down whatsoever, I can listen to music, browse the web, Moto actions now work all the time. Feel free to try it if you want.
I want to leave clear, I do not know why this happens, and don't know the exact functions of DOZE, it may as well do a thousand things more, but the at the end of the day, my phone works faster now, and that is what I want, performance during usage.

jcalderonv74

May 3, 2015
And what about battery backup? How many screen hours are you getting? The battery duration ia the same?

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

skooter32

Sep 12, 2015
Bro are u sure u were using doze cause it don't work on osprey and if so post the link so I can try it cheers

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Hello guys,
I bought a Moto G 8gb 3rd Edition (2015) unlocked about 3 months ago, and it came with Marshmallow out-of-the-box. I started using it and after installing some apps, the phone started becoming very slow.
I checked here the post about clearing the cache, did that, worked for 2 weeks. Then I did a factory reset, worked for about 2 weeks as well.
Started trying things on my own, things were getting worse, a few days ago Moto Actions were not working, Camera would rarely open, and the flashlight did not react at all.
So I started checking online for this DOZE feature, that seems to put the apps to sleep once the phone is in idle. Sure some times the phone was slow when picking it up after some idle time. But other times it was just always slow. Long story short, I disabled the following apps from DOZE: System UI, Launcher3, Whatsapp, Instagram, Google Keyboard, Moto Action, Camera, Chrome, Spotify, Twitter.
I have been using it like this for about 3 days, and the performance increase is incredible, the phone now works as I wanted. No lag or slow down whatsoever, I can listen to music, browse the web, Moto actions now work all the time. Feel free to try it if you want.
I want to leave clear, I do not know why this happens, and don't know the exact functions of DOZE, it may as well do a thousand things more, but the at the end of the day, my phone works faster now, and that is what I want, performance during usage.
No offense.. but we know for sure that Doze mode does not work on the Osprey (Moto G 2015), it doesn't have the correct sensors so it can never activate or work on our hardware. What exactly do you mean "I disabled the following apps from DOZE..."?

Reactions: danpan11

jcalderonv74

May 3, 2015
I would say he refers to Battery Optimisation for apps... In osprey is not a real Doze as younare pointing... anyway after disabling the battery optimisation for those apps how is your battery duration?... Even if I have to say that always depends on usage and the apps each one has installed... Ja and how many accounts are setup... ;)

danpan11

May 16, 2012
Buenos Aires
I would say he refers to Battery Optimisation for apps... In osprey is not a real Doze as younare pointing... anyway after disabling the battery optimisation for those apps how is your battery duration?... Even if I have to say that always depends on usage and the apps each one has installed... Ja and how many accounts are setup... ;)

Yes you are right, I disabled the apps from battery optimization menu, so far battery is been pretty much the same, I use it for around a full day, charge at night when I go to sleep.

Reactions: jcalderonv74

danpan11

May 16, 2012
Buenos Aires
No offense.. but we know for sure that Doze mode does not work on the Osprey (Moto G 2015), it doesn't have the correct sensors so it can never activate or work on our hardware. What exactly do you mean "I disabled the following apps from DOZE..."?

None taken, I disabled the apps from the Battery Optimization menu, what drove me to do this, I don't know if you have tried but when you use battery saving feature in android, the one that kicks in the notification around 15%, haven't you noticed some extreme lag??, my phone becomes unusable. Maybe is a faulty unit I don't know.

Gravemind2015

Dec 1, 2015
Could be, but right now I am stock, I really like Moto Display and Moto Actions, so I don't want to lose that. Maybe later I will try this barthmallow. Thanks!
Good news for you, Barthmallow includes moto display. Side note- none of the other custom roms have it, at least for now. Dunno about moto actions.

Broadcasted from Zeta Reticuli

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys,

Yes you are right, I disabled the apps from battery optimization menu, so far battery is been pretty much the same, I use it for around a full day, charge at night when I go to sleep.