The Galaxy S7 MicroSD card discussion thread

Search This thread

52brandon

Feb 3, 2010
Read all the thread and now I'm more confused than never. I just need a 64GB (because it seems to me the best price/capacity ratio) to store some photos and not worry with storage. No plans to store any apps, shooting 4k video or anything like that. I don't want a card that suddenly fails to be recognized or having a slight lag when storing a photo compared to internal memory. Do I really need a U3 or is UI or even class 10 fine for this end?
class 10 is fine for your current needs

Reactions: tim1988 and Kutusov

Kutusov

Jan 12, 2011

Thanks! Ended up ordering a Kingston U3 just for the hell of it, it wasn't all that much more expensive. I see this brand selling everywhere around here along with Sandisk, including high end camera shops. Bit surprised to barely find any mention of it on most recommendations lists.

midnightrider

Jun 6, 2016
Thanks! Ended up ordering a Kingston U3 just for the hell of it, it wasn't all that much more expensive. I see this brand selling everywhere around here along with Sandisk, including high end camera shops. Bit surprised to barely find any mention of it on most recommendations lists.

I think that's because Kingston isn't a real brand in that they don't actually make anything. I think they rebadge bulk flash from other manufacturers. It is mostly fine but you never know exactly what you have if you buy Kingston.

Kutusov

Jan 12, 2011
I think that's because Kingston isn't a real brand in that they don't actually make anything. I think they rebadge bulk flash from other manufacturers. It is mostly fine but you never know exactly what you have if you buy Kingston.

Right! Just recalled I used to have a few RAM modules from that brand on some old PC and AFAIK they were originally made by Samsung.

52brandon

Feb 3, 2010
well, they contract great manufacturers. I've got a Hyper X Cloud headset. And it's got the best sound of any headset anywhere near their price range. I absolutely love it. I switched from a pair of Beats Studio with an inline mic, and the Studios are like swap mart crap in comparison

52brandon

Feb 3, 2010
Didn't even know it was from them (sort of). Well, we'll see when it gets here. :good:
I definitely wouldn't be nervous about them using subcontractors. I don't know if that's truly the case with the SD Cards or not. But I do know they used a great contractor for the headphones. Like I suggest this headset to everybody that is in the market for one. And the HyperX Cloud II for any PC gamers (it just has better controls, but can only be used on a PC). I tested probably 50 headsets and read reviews on countless others before deciding on the HyperX Cloud. And it really is better than the great majority of headsets on the market. I won't keep going off topic here. But I think Kingston puts out some seriously top notch products. Subcontracted or not

Kutusov

Jan 12, 2011
Well, a lot of companies do. Their internals come from all over the place and then they'll put them together and brand it. Samsung probably being the least of them, that company is huge, it even has arms division! Inhouse memories, processor, RAM, etc in the S7.

Will benchmark the SD card when it gets here, on paper seems to be a very good option.

LuDRaX

Jun 30, 2013
Got yesterday Sandisk extreme 64GB(U3) that I bought from aliexpress
a87cfdb1d086a4ea4c3f2e0399db1ab7.jpg

Here is accurate(with reboot) score:
071fb2e224233b81958eab4c8ffd9d51.jpg

Pretty close to optimal speed which is 90/60(R/W).

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nalgrim

Mar 28, 2011
Timmins
I bought some from aliexpress half don't work anymore, the ones that do work....Half the files on it eventually corrupt.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

LuDRaX

Jun 30, 2013
I bought some from aliexpress half don't work anymore, the ones that do work....Half the files on it eventually corrupt.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Maybe you got fake ones? I order the one that had the best reviews and score, not the cheapest as they are all fraud.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HowToSayHello

Mar 15, 2017
I have the Lexar 128GB 633x, works great on stock ROM but unusable on Lineage OS right now. Would like to know when it will be supported !

Archienj7

Sep 10, 2012
Wal Mart is having a huge clearance in mobile. I got the regular Evo 128GB for 13$. They had the 64GB for 14$ too oddly. I went up in size but down in speed from a 64GB Evo +. This is really just a FYI to check your local for dirt cheap sd's. They go quick, trust me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evo+ Benchmark

4e06e5aa5843cdc56daae84421cdfa9d.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk
    Read all the thread and now I'm more confused than never. I just need a 64GB (because it seems to me the best price/capacity ratio) to store some photos and not worry with storage. No plans to store any apps, shooting 4k video or anything like that. I don't want a card that suddenly fails to be recognized or having a slight lag when storing a photo compared to internal memory. Do I really need a U3 or is UI or even class 10 fine for this end?
    I have a 64gb evo+ and havent noticed any slowness, but I also havent recorded any 4k video. I do have a 65gb Pro+ on order from samsung (backordered from when they were selling for 30 bucks the other day) to upgrade it though.

I thought about snagging one of the larger 128's but honestly I dont think I will fill up the 64 before my next phone & the next "fastest" card is out so I stuck to the 64gb for now.
    Hmm finally got it installed.
    My results are not so good. They are much better from a computer. Maybe the S7 throughput is capped or reached the limit?? if that's the case there is no point in getting a Pro+.
    20MB-30MB is the max write on the S7.

Samsung S7
    Samsung Pro+ 128GB.
    Adaptive Storage. 80/20 split.
    Well, Kingston is here: