Aug 22, 2009
Ben Tre City and Ho Chi Minh City
I have just update my device to this fw and I feel that the battery is good now
68f7ac899c4076e91061fdea3114e4a6.jpg

Sent from my D5833 using XDA-Developers mobile app

bookworth

Jan 18, 2013
I have just update my device to this fw and I feel that the battery is good now

Do I get it right - you just upgraded, have used it some hours and "feel" that the battery is better now?
Is the screen on time better or is the idle better or both?
Which version did you use previously: 570 or 575?
How bad was your battery?
What is your phone usage scenario (what apps and how much do you use AND how much is the phone in idle)?
How long have you used this 291 version?

I really would like to know...

subinsg

May 22, 2014
Feel it's better with the latest update usually I get around a day at the most with the previous update with normal use...my opinion it's better with stamina mode

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160807-005851.png
    Screenshot_20160807-005851.png
    61.4 KB · Views: 2,814

Alan Slade

Jul 3, 2012
Sadly the stamina mode is not customizable. It' just on or off. You can't change what you want to keep (for example the vibration). Well, f**k.

Reactions: duxx42 and SDee96

Alan Slade

Jul 3, 2012
does it have the white list of what are the apps i can choose to exclude from stamina?
Stamina doesn't exclude apps optimization. They work together. One is for the hardware, so you lose vibration, screen optimization and so one. The other optimize the usage of the battery from the apps.
But sadly Stamina is not as powerful as it was with Lollipop

Inviato dal mio Z3 Compact con Tapatalk

madd0g

May 8, 2010
That's no STAMINA, it's battery saver from L.

It even shows a ****ing permanent notification - JUST LIKE BATTERY SAVER DID.

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Feel it's better with the latest update usually I get around a day at the most with the previous update with normal use...my opinion it's better with stamina mode

Good that you posted the screen on time, because without it it's completely irrelevant to show anything.

khaledm_92

Apr 9, 2013
Hi,

I'm having quite an issue with battery life since I've updated to version 23.5.A.1.291.

I think I know what's causing it though, as I have accepted some prompt that told me that the charging of the battery will be optimized but the battery life will be negatively affected. Does anyone know how I can reverse this setting?? I've searched a lot but can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Josch110

Jun 9, 2013
Hi,

I'm having quite an issue with battery life since I've updated to version 23.5.A.1.291.

I think I know what's causing it though, as I have accepted some prompt that told me that the charging of the battery will be optimized but the battery life will be negatively affected. Does anyone know how I can reverse this setting?? I've searched a lot but can't seem to find it.

Thanks
I'm not sure, but it must be under settings... about phone.... Status

Sent from my D5803 using XDA-Developers mobile app

bookworth

Jan 18, 2013
Hi,
Thanks

Settings > About phone > Status > Charging ...

Reactions: khaledm_92

Scorpiopt

Mar 26, 2013
calling this stamina mode is an insult to people who buy their phones, literally just a re-branded battery saver already built into the phone , extremely pissed off

Reactions: duxx42 and okij

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so: if we really want true Stamina Mode, we should hold onto Lollipop? i've been resisting updating for this reason ... man, Sony. get your game on ...

It depends of your usage. If there is a lot of idle time, then LP is the best for you. If there is a lot of use then LP and MM are equal (you can not fight the physics: the display uses the same amount of energy for the same brightness).
    If you want retro, then KK.

When the 291 came out, I tried all the ROM's again (NB! I use and NEED STAMINA):
    KK German General: good for idle, normal for everyday use, but I do not like the notification system anymore, I prefer LP.
    LP 5.1.1 Nordic is actually a bit better than KK - in battery. Both idle and regular use are slightly better.
    MM regular use is the same as with LP BUT it doesn't have working STAMINA. With the thing what they call STAMINA in MM 291, the idle is definitely worse than with LP STAMINA and the normal use is almost the same if not worse.

So I decided to stick to LP.
    If MM 291 would have the same STAMINA as with LP 5.1.1, I would of course use MM - but unfortunately it is not the case. The Lite-Doze is not as efficient as STAMINA.
    So, now I can report back about my experience with 6.0.1 on our beloved Z3C :)
    I've chosen to upgrade to a custom ROM, so I took SLiMM 3.1 (23.5.A.1.291) from @Wajk . It's a modded Stock ROM with a couple of customizations and optimizations. I took the "dirty way" to upgrade: Disabled Xposed, cleared system / dalvik / cache partitions and performed an "Upgrade-Flash" without any factory rest at all. After upgrading the system via TWRP & reinstalling Xposed, it took a long time to boot up (-> optimizing the ~250 installed apps). I immediately cleaned the system very deep with SD-Maid Pro to avoid any errors (and that really does the trick ;) ).
    But after all that, I was very impressed by the smoothness and the speed of my Z3C! The last time it was that fast and nice to handle, was the first few days after buying it (on KitKat). Wow. So once again here: Thanks to @Wajk for his awesome work!

With Doze, Greenify (Pro & Xposed), Amplify (Donated & Xposed) and Greenpower Premium, I have a much better battery life! I'm losing around 1 percent a day in standby and have a great (really great!) SOT now (Screenshots will follow soon for the unbelievers ;) ).
    So, in comparison with LP 5.1.1 my Z3C is now faster, more reactive and the battery has quite a longer breath. I don't have any problems / bugs until now. Wifi is working without any disconnects and the signal has often one more bar. About the Stamina "problem": I don't miss it. Why? Easy - first of all, the combination of my mentioned apps (Greenify (Pro & Xposed), Amplify (Xposed) and Greenpower Premium) was and is much more effective than Stamina ever was. Together with Doze, its even more powerfull. And in the latest 6.0.1, there's also a recurrence of Stamina which actually isn't as bad as most people say. Just keep in mind: Doze is actively supporting Stamina now ;)

Conclusion:
    IMHO, upgrading, especially to a slightly modded ROM as SliMM 3.1 is absolutely worth it. I'd recommend you to at least try it on your own - don't always belive what others say since you don't know how they upgraded (dirty flash etc).
    Sadly the stamina mode is not customizable. It' just on or off. You can't change what you want to keep (for example the vibration). Well, f**k.
    does it have the white list of what are the apps i can choose to exclude from stamina?
    Stamina doesn't exclude apps optimization. They work together. One is for the hardware, so you lose vibration, screen optimization and so one. The other optimize the usage of the battery from the apps.
    But sadly Stamina is not as powerful as it was with Lollipop

Inviato dal mio Z3 Compact con Tapatalk
    calling this stamina mode is an insult to people who buy their phones, literally just a re-branded battery saver already built into the phone , extremely pissed off