[ROM] [6.0.1 r_61] Slim 6 brought by Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

klaas123

Sep 26, 2008
Flashed latest, r_61 yesterday, again smooth and fast rom with some nice extra's now, thanks Sparx!

Last edited:
Reactions: sparx

Kruemelkekse

Aug 9, 2016
Question..
Have actually
slim 4.4.4 9.0 official +yank555 kernel
cwm 6.0.4.7 philztouch
baseband n9005xxuenb1

Can I install this rom+gapps without problems or what I need before (new cwm, modem, supersu,??) ??
And hope the accutime looks better as by 5.x

Thanks for help me..

sparx

Aug 7, 2011
www.alliance-rom.com
Question..
Have actually
slim 4.4.4 9.0 official +yank555 kernel
cwm 6.0.4.7 philztouch
baseband n9005xxuenb1

Can I install this rom+gapps without problems or what I need before (new cwm, modem, supersu,??) ??
And hope the accutime looks better as by 5.x

Thanks for help me..

Provided you're on stock KitKat or lollipop bootloader you should be good to go, maybe flash twrp recovery before...

dazza826

Jan 25, 2009
Absolutely sensational rom. Quick, light and great on battery life. Granted I have a zero lemon 10000mah battery but all other marshmallow roms I tried ran hot and weren't stable.

To give you an idea I've done around an hour and a half of Internet browsing, 2 hours of music playback over Bluetooth and an hour and a half of Pokemon go on high accuracy) leave me with about 78% battery left and a phone that is ice cold and doesn't heat up as much as it did before.

With the other roms I got high kernal and cm system battery usage a hot phone and on a good day I'd be about 50 percent battery

Awesome rom keep up the good work.

supergen007

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, I am here from arayamod s7 port and have some problem: The external storage name is something strange - something 'M-zhM-L...'. On temasek rom I can see it at all getting 'external storage stopped'. It was suggested to switch to stock rom and then try again. But this did not help. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA-Developers mobile app

sparx

Aug 7, 2011
www.alliance-rom.com
Hi, I am here from arayamod s7 port and have some problem: The external storage name is something strange - something 'M-zhM-L...'. On temasek rom I can see it at all getting 'external storage stopped'. It was suggested to switch to stock rom and then try again. But this did not help. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Back it up to PC then format it....see if that helps

Nov 15, 2010
Wow! This is by far the fastest, most stable and clean ROM out there I've tested, many thanks and well done! Great user experience and super snappy, this will be the ROM I'll be using daily.

Installed with slim gapps and latest chainfire beta root, all went smooth, no issues.

My only feedback would be:
- keep up the great work!
- had a question initially about the back button and haptic feedback, that's solved, found setting in "other sounds" menu.

Cheers

Last edited:

ibosilj

Feb 2, 2012
Novi Marof
Doze is working for me...have you activated it in display settings?

I meant the doze that was introduced with marshmallow, that puts your phone to sleep after 60 mins if you don't touch it...

Ambient display works for me to.

One more thing, is notification LED supposed to blink when screen is on and battery is low? It's kinda annoying when it blinks in to my eyes but then at least it forces me to charge my phone :D

Last edited:

sparx

Aug 7, 2011
www.alliance-rom.com
I meant the doze that was introduced with marshmallow, that puts your phone to sleep after 60 mins if you don't touch it...

Ambient display works for me to.

One more thing, is notification LED supposed to blink when screen is on and battery is low? It's kinda annoying when it blinks in to my eyes but then at least it forces me to charge my phone :D

I'd say it's doing it's job then ;)

Nov 15, 2010
FYI for the people who have GPS issues. I also had it, I've noticed it later when I wanted to test my nav app. I couldn't get a GPS lock at all!

Here's what I did:

1) I flashed original Samsung N9005XXUGBOK6 firmware via Odin. When done rebooted directly into recovery, factory wipe + wipe cache... then reboot from Recovery into first boot
2) As soon as first boot was ready (took ages) I shut down and booted into recovery, factory wipe for new ROM + wiped cache. Then flashed Slim 6, after that flashed slim gapps, after that installed chainroot. Reboot.
3) After first boot in Slim 6 I installed my apps and backups AND my nav software.
4) Test drive in the neighborhood with a instant GPS lock, nice!!!

Hope this helps anyone.
Thanks to all the people involved baking this ROM, it's simply the best! ;)

Cheers

PS: I have a SM-N9005 4G LTE 32Gb (o2).

Last edited:

Forts

Sep 9, 2010
Just switched to this rom today after several months of Temaseks roms. Wow, very impressed so far. Everything has worked perfectly, performance is snappy and (so far) battery life seems very good. Thanks to all involved for their hard work on this!

Techneut

May 4, 2010
Netherlands
FYI for the people who have GPS issues. I also had it, I've noticed it later when I wanted to test my nav app. I couldn't get a GPS lock at all!

Here's what I did:

1) I flashed original Samsung N9005XXUGBOK6 firmware via Odin. When done rebooted directly into recovery, factory wipe + wipe cache... then reboot from Recovery into first boot
2) As soon as first boot was ready (took ages) I shut down and booted into recovery, factory wipe for new ROM + wiped cache. Then flashed Slim 6, after that flashed slim gapps, after that installed chainroot. Reboot.
3) After first boot in Slim 6 I installed my apps and backups AND my nav software.
4) Test drive in the neighborhood with a instant GPS lock, nice!!!

Hope this helps anyone.
Thanks to all the people involved baking this ROM, it's simply the best! ;)

Cheers

PS: I have a SM-N9005 4G LTE 32Gb (o2).

Perhaps this may help even more (quoting text, but forgotten from where this came...)

GPS does not lock to satellites / drops signal while en route to a destination...
I opened the battery cover, unscrewed 12 screws, and opened the circuit board cover...
There are 2 pins on the top left hand corner. Top pin is gps, and bottom pin is wifi.
At the circuit board cover, there are 2 contact plates which are the antennas.
Now, you have to bend the top pin (GPS) up a little from lying flat, so it can have a clean contact with the antenna pin on the circuit board cover!
I believe that this problem occurs from the phone being flexed or bent while being in your pocket, which causes the pins to lose contact with the antenna pins.
My whole group of friends have the note 3; and they all experienced the same gps issues.
:good:

unknownsource

Apr 29, 2016
Santo Domingo
Hi all,

Thanks @sparx for your amazing work.
I'm running it on a N900V
In call audio was possible flashing the Purify bluetooth fix
Excellent baterry life comparing it to other CM13 based roms

Question now:
Does anyone else is having a Netflix crashing starting the app issue?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alliance presents

Slim 6.0.1 r_61 (un-official)

Another Alliance first for your Note 3!

When I first got this rom booting about 6 weeks ago nothing worked - no calls, data, sms, bluetooth, nfc etc....

After many sleepless nights and lots of quick learning, here it is, fully functioning Slim 6.0

I've also updated Slims lp5.1 kernel too.

I'm releasing as stable because it is, I held back on releasing until I had something worth offering.

Right now calls, data, wifi, sms, bluetooth and nfc (N9005 only) all work, I've also added a few mods.

At this point in time, feature requests are not welcomed, I wanna concentrate on adding the Slim stuff back - like Slim recents etc

This should flash on all Snap Dragon variants - TMO testers have reported that the power button needs holding down after flashing or battery pulling/replacing to get it to power up, I've not had that on N9005

Bug reports need to be accompanied with logs - I can't fix what I can't see.

Changelog:

r_61 Build 1

Built on latest slim r_61 source

Featuring:

Key remapping
    Reboot menu
    Dpi selector
    Slim recents
    Clock/date mods
    Battery icon selector
    Custom quick settings
    Button backlight control

**Not compatible with layers/substratum**

Install:

Works with kk and lp bootloaders/modems

Place rom/supersu/gapps on sdcard

Boot recovery

Wipe system/data/cache/dalvik

Install rom/supersu/gapps in that order

Reboot (as mentioned you might need to hold power button or pull/replace battery)

Wait some time for it boot..

Thanks to:

Beta testers @booogermonkey, @J. Terrell & @Empel1960

SlimRoms
    CyanogenMod

And of course all Alliance crew!

Download:

r_61 Build 1

Kernel source

Idle Kernel Massive thanks @Jcadduono

Clicky

Enjoy!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Slim 6.0.1r_61, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    sparx
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 14
    Stable Release Date: 2016-08-07

Created 2016-01-23
    Last Updated 2016-08-07
    Guys, had few a hiccups - screens broke, device stopped booting :(

Fixed the booting up issue so started building again...

IMG_20160417_212321.jpg
    Back to the xposed issues again....
    So xposed by itself was intended originally for those people wanting a stock odexed rom without any mods. Mostly for people who could root but not unlock bootloaders or use custom recoveries to flash a true custom rom. This has evolved into people all over screaming for xposed. I understand the logic however the implementation of framework itself is a problem. Most of you probably dont care about security and thats fine. I do however and the team has called upon me for an explanation.

I could make this a couple of pages long however since I am on break at work I will keep it short. Xposed hijacks a binary in the system called app_process which is basically what links apps to the framework and kernel. By hijacking this it opens up security holes large enough to pass a whale through. That being said it also hooks methods in the compiled code and either replaces them with usually broken code or modifies it in a way that on a highly customized rom can cause major issues. All it would take is someone clever enough to use the same exploit and possibly install malicious software like a keylogger screen grabber or something like this and your life and all information would now be theirs. Also xposed has a nasty habit of slowing your phone down. It accomplishes this by requiring a hook in the method being called. Alliamce mods are always written and compiled directly into the modified app or framework so it executes instantly. With xposed its a bridge. When the code is to be ran it is then directed to the xposed framework app process which then checks if its enabled in xposed then goes back to continue or then runs the modified code which is then piped back as output which you see on your screen. As such app process was never a good place to insert a hijack because that forms a sort of core for executing apps whether they be legit or otherwise.

Alliance does not nor will ever support xposed. If you run it on your device and have an issue we will most likely laugh at you for the reasons stated by @Bubba. And dont lie cause we can see it in the logs. And we also cant fix the issue without a log. So... Do what you want but eventually xposed will become a target. Its only a matter of time.
    r_61 build with button backlight control uploaded...OP updated :D
    Build 6 is up...

Fixed button backlight
    Added button backlight controls