[ROM] [CM13.0][02/09/2016]CyanogenMod 13.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 [SnapDragon]

Search This thread

AHX-MD

Feb 27, 2013
7nDiXpUdY4DJqQyTrVAKtZCLrv0wOdt93mwvYjFiUkqkWVMR8kHgKlP-Em6jswBnCfRczoCPUQrujEk=w681-h618
Same story like i said above. Flash MIUI Lollipop fastboot images - unlock bl - flash twrp - flash my rom + fp fix ( nothing else ) and see what happens
Tried it Two Times same Result

Last edited:
Reactions: indiffereddie

dogkey123

Nov 12, 2010
Auto rotate function not work:crying:

Anyway this is the most stable CM Rom for Redmi Note 3

Could be daily use.

Last edited:

diimdeep

Aug 21, 2016
Hi all.
Is there known way to detect FP sensor model on Redmi Note 3?
I tried this CM build, with and without FP patch and tried official CM.
Official CM – no sensor option.
this ROM – app hangs before adding finger screen.
this ROM with patch – at adding finger screen nothing happens, don't detect/read finger.

guiturazza

Apr 15, 2013
No vibration

Link and fix worked as a charm <3
Thanks!

Now, everything is working perfectly in this latest build, only thing I noticed is that the softkeys (recent, home and back buttons) doesn't vibrate at all!
Trying to find a fix for it under the settings only showed me that the "vibration intensity" option is not even there.
Is it a bug for me, which I should reflash the ROM, or its the standard for this build?

I can't post the image here, since I'm a new xda user, so, if anything, the imgur link is: OI3ocUw.jpg

neonkat

Aug 15, 2014
lost
1)how to install xposed framework in this rom?
2)will reliance jio sim work in this rom as it required VOLTE support?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using XDA-Developers mobile app
1)you install xposed at your own risk,if you get any issue,its your fault.you can check threads in q/a and other section for procedure.
2)volte is not supported but sim(mobile data)will work.

guiturazza

Apr 15, 2013
Softkeys vibration FIX

Same for me, not vibrate.

I ended up finding a fix. It was a problem with CM 12.1 as well, and there was a fix for it already.

The source is: en.miui . com/thread-271343-1-1 . html
If you check the first post, there is a link for a fix.zip
(Sorry for not posting the link as a hyperlink, I'm a new user and can't post links D: )

Before I flashed, I created a backup on TWRP, but I had no problem at all, after flashing. No bootloop, neither problems on the build as a whole.

I think this may also be interesting/important to Santhosh as well.

Hope I helped everyone with this issue!
:)

Gantar

Aug 14, 2012
Praha
Difference between this and Official CM?

Hi, I gave this ROM a spin from my original Global Stable 7.5.3.0 MIUI.
Everything works - FP, radio, camera, services. Perfect.
In fact, thanks to CM's snappy interface, FP seems to work almost instantaneously as opposed to the 0.5s delay in MIUI.
AnTuTu score: 81.7k !! That's fantastic, on MIUI I measured only about 72k.

I will report anything I can notice, so far Pico Gapps+ROM is all I had to flash in Alka. Pretty streamlined tbh. I sideloaded TiB, restored everything, played around with features and found no need for Xposed so far. I hope this will now become my daily ROM.
Also, I am on stock CM kernel, and I'm not planning to experiment here. The perf is really good enough.

Anyway, has anyone researched into the differences between this and the official build by Strix?
I noticed its nightlies, which are unflashable for this ROM. So if anyone tried both and can tell the differences, please do, thanks.

Last edited:

felipegcoutinho

Nov 13, 2014
Rio de Janeiro
I gave up of miui for now.
I'm using this rom and its very smooth and good, except for the FP Goodix. I don't know why but the Fix doesn't work here.
Anyway thank you @Santhosh M
Now I've another problem, my video recording is not working in google camera. I already installed the cm13_cam_fix.

Google camera version : 3.2.045
Old versions is working.

What can I do ?

Gantar

Aug 14, 2012
Praha
Vibration on soft buttons

I noticed that the hardware soft buttons don't provide haptic feedback (vibrate) on CM13.
You can find the link for the patch earlier in this thread, but what it really does is alter the file /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl

The changes are as follows:
@@ -158,7 +158,7 @@
-key 139 MENU
+key 139 MENU VIRTUAL
@@ -177,7 +177,7 @@
-key 158 BACK
+key 158 BACK VIRTUAL
@@ -191,7 +191,7 @@
-key 172 HOME
+key 172 HOME VIRTUAL

So alternatively just locate the file and change these lines. Or replace it with file manager / adb.

EDIT: Has anyone found a solution for changing the haptic feedback vibration duration? It's a little too long for me and the setting is missing in the UI. Maybe a file edit?

Attachments

• Generic.kl.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: Andrea900

LiTO773

Aug 22, 2016
Fingerprint not working

I'm the 2016-08-05 version and while everything works, the fingerprint scanner doesn't seem to detect my finger... Everytime I try to go thru the Fingerprint configuration menu, the fingerprint sensor never vibrates with any of my fingers, while I'm sure on the original Xiaomi ROM it worked :confused:

Thanks in advance,
LiTO773

talkaboom

Jun 10, 2016
New Delhi
Hello,

Just got my phone today and am waiting for the bootloader unlock permission. Can anyone tell me how to identify the fingerprint scanner model? I tried to look but couldn't find anything. I bought the device in India if that helps.

Also does this ROM support QC 2/3 or do I have to flash a custom kernel? And what's up with the radio zip thing? And why does it relock the bootloader. Can it be unlocked easily again? Apologies for my poor knowledge. This is my first Android device since running Android 4.4 on a ZTE Blade. Hope someone helps me out here.

EDIT: Also does anyone have F2FS working? There were more patches going into the mainline kernel for it recently AFAIK. Are they being merged back into the Android kernels?

You can check FP sensor with Aida64 on the play store. Note that it may show FPC (older kenzo FP sensor), and still not work. That happens because the newest FP vendor is not recognized by most software and xiaomi have not shared the code.

On some of the intermediate phones, the goodix sensor and other problems could be fixed with the CM radios.

The CM firmware is the official firmware from xiaomi tweaked and optimized for CM Roms. It fixes many bugs.

I have f2fs working. You need to use f2fs compatible twrp. Check the twrp thread in the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro forums.

QC3 is not supported on our device. QC2 barely works. The radon kernel unlocks the 1500 limit to make it 2000 mah without having to buy a new charger. This saves a lot of time. But that is not the only reason you should flash a kernel. Official kernels are usually good enough unless you want specific features from a kernel. That said, DT2W is an unstable feature even in the kernels that support it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

A Sad Napkin

Aug 17, 2016
Right after many different flashes etc the fingerprint didn't work, came up in settings but didn't recognize my finger or vibrate, Also my sim wasn't recognized.
But i finally got the goodix fingerprint and sim card to be recognized.

If anyone's interested:
1.Flashed back to miui 8, global beta. Checked what finger print folder I had. (goodix)
2.Unlocked bootloader
3.flashed TWRP alka, super su and then booted back into miui 8 to check fingerprint is working and root access.
I then kept system read only, and did a factory wipe with TWRP
4. flashed cm13.radio, cm13 rom, FP.fix
5. Set phone up, sim card was reconised but no FP still.
6.booted to recovery and then flashed fp.fix again.
7.Booted phone up and everything worked.

Going to flash gapps pico and hope it doesn't break anything.

Hope this helps people that are in the same boat :)

EDIT: flashing gapps pico broke the rom lol

Edit 2: Gapps seems to break the fp sensor, so either you can have gapps or no fp or vice versa lol

Last edited:
Reactions: felipegcoutinho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 13.0 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Snapdragon version

What works ?
    • Audio
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • RIL
    • GPS
    • FM
    • Fingerprint

What doesn't ?
    • Stuff that i might have not noticed

Changelogs :

02/09/2016

- Sync with latest CM ( includes off screen charging mode animation, default Hexalibre CM theme package,etc etc)
    - Switched to newer radio blobs
    - Other minor device cleanups

( Been hell busy & if i have time i will work on CM14 (android N), but at the moment i am not working and hence don't expect any immediate cm14 builds)

05/08/2016

- Sync with latest CM
    - My non CM features retained as such
    - Support for goodix fingerprint users ( Make sure to flash ROM followed by fp patch. Normal users for whom fingerprint used to work don't need to flash the patch)
    - Loads of device cleanup
    - Other minor improvements

Older Changelogs

18/07/2016

- Fix settings->security fc caused due to 15/07 build

15/07/2016

- F2fs implemented ( on /data and /cache ) => tested working
    - Sync with latest cm
    - Pokemon go mock location hack :p
    - Other improvements
    - Previous non CM features retained as such

05/07/2016
    - Sync with latest CM
    - GPS improvements
    - Reduce headphone noise
    - F2FS support is added (but i doubt it will boot[might be stuck in bootanim], as i didn't make a clean build) [ Try at your own risk if you know how to flash f2fs rom[you need a f2fs twrp recovery], if you don't know just flash ROM like always ]
    - Previous non CM features retained as such
    - Some cleanup and other performance improvements

Downloads:

Latest builds

For flashing the latest build which is based on M firmware checkout the guide here

If you face camera FC just flash this patch [ not applicable to f2fs users if they have switched to f2fs ]

Just a request to users :

Please don't mirror the ROM anywhere.Also avoid posting the direct download link in comments. Please use the download link I have put up in the OP.

Requirements to flash :

• You need to have a unlocked bootloader to flash this in case anyone is going to flash
    • You need to have TWRP installed after that
    • You also need to wipe data

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    Santhosh M
    Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/android_kernel_xiaomi_kenzo

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-04-02
    Last Updated 2016-09-02
    Reserved

Thanks to the following donators :

@Tig3ro
    @sffoxy
    @FrozenMindXXIII
    @gap30
    @t3chs0l0
    @dmahtani
    @badm0j0

If someone wishes to thank for my work and donate, choose the option of services/goods in paypal ( as I am a Indian user ) and the donation will go through. [ The minimal withdrawal amount for paypal indian user is 10$. Just FYI. Lesser amounts than that get stagnated in the account until the paypal balance reaches 10$ ]
    So we have a flight takeoff ?

So we are on board now and have a takeoff. Thanks to Jerome for correcting my facepalm mistake :)

oV5uIl2.jpg

Regards
    Santhosh
    New release

Hi all,

New build has been released ( 21/05/2016 )

• Fairly a usable build now i guess (atleast for me)
    • Fixes RIL
    • GPS fixed
    • Several other issues fixed

Bugs:
    • Fingerprint
    • Some audio issues in whatsapp calls
    • Battery bug showing 100% when device is unplugged ( look at OP for a temp fix )
    • LED not blinking ( But LED works )
    • No LTE mode being there

Don't need to report the bugs that i have mentioned above. I am already aware of these

Enjoy and have fun !

( All i can request is please keep thread and don't provoke anything. Constant cleaning up is not good for thread )

Regards
    Santhosh
    To-do :

* Calls work fine, but there are audio issues which needs to be fixed ( along with the modem suddenly not being loaded )
    * Fingerprint ( Don't even bother asking about it now )
    * Other stuff which i haven't noticed ( GPS maybe ? )

I do have a day job to work on and little personal work after work time. So i am trying to find space for this as well. Hence be patient and don't ask for ETA. Yesterday's post was just to announce that there is a progress on RIL which you all feared is dead.

I locked the thread as i saw someone fighting and arguing. A repeat of the same and over exaggerated ETA requests ( i know it's all excitement to use latest M based custom ROM's ) would just dampen by urge to do soon and again lock the thread rendering no use.

Cheers
    Santhosh