The Xperia Z4 confirmed for 7.0 by Sony

Search This thread

itskapil

Apr 8, 2010
Bhilwara
Sony has made it formal that they plan to release the 7.0 update for Xperia Z3+ (or Z4).
Though, no release date, but I don't think it will happen this year. Q1 2017 looks likely.

-- Source

Reactions: airlessproject
T

Trilliard

Hopefully I'll be on a Nexus before it happens. This is the biggest mistake I've ever purchased. Camera is total crap. Always had been. Then I'll put a bullet thru this overpriced POS.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3+ using XDA Labs
Me too, looking for the smaller 2016 htc nexus. Have three 2015 flagships here to sell... hopefully it will nearly bring the price of a new one hehe. This is my first and last sony device.

Last edited:

Omega200

May 24, 2015
Bucharest
Official in xperia support

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160825-201625.png
    Screenshot_20160825-201625.png
    91.6 KB · Views: 576
Reactions: lilloscar

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
Hopefully I'll be on a Nexus before it happens. This is the biggest mistake I've ever purchased. Camera is total crap. Always had been. Then I'll put a bullet thru this overpriced POS.

and the battery life is poo

Sent from my E6533 using XDA-Developers mobile app

well, the Snapdragon 810 is a power-hungry, intermediate step to the Snapdragon 820, "Kryo architecture",

for Sony or Qualcomm it's one of the first ARM64 (64bit) processors,

also it seems that the mixed ARM64, ARM (32bit + 64bit) Android experience is far from optimized.

Hopefully this changes with e.g. Nougat

You get more power compared to e.g. ARM Cortex A15 (Snapdragon 800, 801),

however the efficiency is around 15-25% worse at least for Cortex A53 (little cores), under heavy load, the Cortex A57 cores should be more efficient,

to really get the most out of it (not only focusing on e-peen comparisons of e.g. Antutu Benchmarks) in terms of Battery runtime,

you could do some "weird" modifications, which I'm sure not everyone would be happy with:

e.g. overclocking the A53 cores way more (depending of cores if the SoC can take it), and limiting big cores (A57) to e.g. only 2 and slightly underclocking it (similar to Snapdragon 808),

then doing several modifications to the HMP scheduling algorithm to aggregate apps more aggressively on already running cores, etc. etc.

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
7.0 AOSP build instructions are up. @zacharias.maladroit could you go hand in hand with someone on this side to bring some rom builds across to us?

Remember, that the cam on the Z4/Z3+ still might suffer from the "fisheye" behavior and essentially making the pictures taken unusable,

don't know if it was fixed or improved with the new camera blobs (or if they are only available to the Z5 family)

zacharias.maladroit

Recognized Developer
@zacharias.maladroit, camera colors and video rec fixed. I just use selfcompiled cm13 for E6533.
Trying fix DS, no luck yet, but sim in slot1 works fine :)

@Quarx great to read/hear !

can you please share and/or upload the progress on e.g. github that you make regarding Dual SIM support ?

android_device_ivy changes ? android_devicy_kitakami changes ? kernel changes ? [obviously it needs to be compiled with the dual sim variant dts/dt* files]

would be nice if we perhaps could get on the right track for good and finally get it working :good:

Thanks

Reactions: lilloscar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

and the battery life is poo

Sent from my E6533 using XDA-Developers mobile app

well, the Snapdragon 810 is a power-hungry, intermediate step to the Snapdragon 820, "Kryo architecture",

for Sony or Qualcomm it's one of the first ARM64 (64bit) processors,

also it seems that the mixed ARM64, ARM (32bit + 64bit) Android experience is far from optimized.

Hopefully this changes with e.g. Nougat

You get more power compared to e.g. ARM Cortex A15 (Snapdragon 800, 801),

however the efficiency is around 15-25% worse at least for Cortex A53 (little cores), under heavy load, the Cortex A57 cores should be more efficient,

to really get the most out of it (not only focusing on e-peen comparisons of e.g. Antutu Benchmarks) in terms of Battery runtime,

you could do some "weird" modifications, which I'm sure not everyone would be happy with:

e.g. overclocking the A53 cores way more (depending of cores if the SoC can take it), and limiting big cores (A57) to e.g. only 2 and slightly underclocking it (similar to Snapdragon 808),

then doing several modifications to the HMP scheduling algorithm to aggregate apps more aggressively on already running cores, etc. etc.
    Sony has made it formal that they plan to release the 7.0 update for Xperia Z3+ (or Z4).
    Though, no release date, but I don't think it will happen this year. Q1 2017 looks likely.

-- Source
    Yeah, I would expect them to update the Z3+ to Nougat...although I am not holding my breath for a quick update either.
    Official in xperia support
    7.0 AOSP build instructions are up. @zacharias.maladroit could you go hand in hand with someone on this side to bring some rom builds across to us?