[ROOT] Super Leaky Bros. presents Sprint Galaxy Note 7 root method.

Search This thread

fsunoles101

I'm gonna wait until I use my $20 promotion, but I have a question in the meantime. From what I understand, this version is an update from PGC. Is there any chance that Wi-Fi and enhanced messaging are in this firmware? I've been waiting not so patiently for these, and if this version has these plus root, I may take the plunge.

edit: I meant Wi-Fi calling. :silly:
Wifi calling is included.
fcfbebfefdcf23b5aefd7595c22d12fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

omf05

Dec 13, 2012
ANY PROBLEMS?

Like overheating and lag after rooting? For you guys that have rooted already?

sunmybun

Oct 31, 2012
before running the cp command from the script manually then .
This also applies to /system/bin/app_process64 otherwise I got "text file busy"

After both of these steps, the installation was successful and Xposed is working. I missed my chance to hit the donation button, though :(

Woops! script updated. Thanks for the find :p

Also... i dont know anything about commands and stuff
But i get the chown no such file & directory
I looked it up and isnt it supposed to be for group root?
So i changed the 0.200 to 0.2000
Is that okay?

Reactions: twistedumbrella

princedare

Jul 31, 2016
Hi Experts,
I got note 7 from sprint and am on version N930PVPU1APGC. It's locked version and am on 2 years contract. Before I can root my device would like to know few things:
1. As OP says "his does not 'trip' knox. It remains 0x0" - Whoever rooted their device can pls confirm.
2. If device gets bricked, is there a way to recover? and what about device warranty? will it void warranty? (Am asking this question because, I tried to root HP Slate 8 from sprint few days back and its stuck in bootloop and now its bricked. No help till date and I don't want this to happen with Note 7)
3. OP says "This guide assumes you have adb set up properly" - Can anybody provide info on what it is and how to get it?
4. OP says "Flashing back to stock via Odin reverses everything" - How to do this? and from where can I get stock firmware. Please correct me if am wrong. Am not that technical.
5. If I plan to root after few days and what if Samsung release new update soon and does this root method still works?

Thanks and I really appreciate any help.

Regards,
Prince

Last edited:

koolcat7

Jun 8, 2011
ANY PROBLEMS?

Like overheating and lag after rooting? For you guys that have rooted already?
This method worked for me, rooted my Sprint Note 7! No lag or issues so far.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Hi Experts,
I got note 7 from sprint and am on version N930PVPU1APGC. It's locked version and am on 2 years contract. Before I can root my device would like to know few things:
1. As OP says "his does not 'trip' knox. It remains 0x0" - Whoever rooted their device can pls confirm.
2. If device gets bricked, is there a way to recover? and what about device warranty? will it void warranty? (Am asking this question because, I tried to root HP Slate 8 from sprint few days back and its stuck in bootloop and now its bricked. No help till date and I don't want this to happen with Note 7)
3. OP says "This guide assumes you have adb set up properly" - Can anybody provide info on what it is and how to get it?
4. OP says "Flashing back to stock via Odin reverses everything" - How to do this? and from where can I get stock firmware. Please correct me if am wrong. Am not that technical.
5. If I plan to root after few days and what if Samsung release new update soon and does this root method still works?

Regards,
Prince

Prince,

1. Did NOT trip my KNOX!
2. I am not sure, mine did not brick. As far as your slate tablet, try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608181
3. ADB is here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118
4. Not sure.
5. I doubt it will after update, and after this method of root you cannot update (correct me if I'm wrong).

fogame

Regards,
Prince

5. I doubt it will after update, and after this method of root you cannot update (correct me if I'm wrong).

You are correct. It will not allow for updates. This breaks that functionality. As far as root being available afterwards....it might be there however most hold off on updating until root is available. Either that or someone might find a way to preserve root/able to load it with root enabled inside of it.

Since there is no custom recovery yet.

Reactions: koolcat7

hotstocks

Feb 28, 2012
freeza, thank you. I am rooted and now can get my 5 years of apps/data back with Titanium. The only problem I am having is it keeps trying to install Sprint default (Family Locator, default id, tech expert, caller id) then it fails with unable to install all components. 1 Code: 400. I have retried install many times and also told it to cancel, but it still just keeps popping up and is annoying. Anyway to get rid of this? Is it just an app you unistall or remove permissions or something? Help would be appreciated, and keep up the great work.

princedare

Jul 31, 2016
You are correct. It will not allow for updates. This breaks that functionality. As far as root being available afterwards....it might be there however most hold off on updating until root is available. Either that or someone might find a way to preserve root/able to load it with root enabled inside of it.

Since there is no custom recovery yet.

Thanks KoolCat7 and Fogame for the reply and for answering my questions.

Does rooting my device void warranty? and also would like to know how to unroot and switch back to stock firmare after unroot.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

freeza, thank you. I am rooted and now can get my 5 years of apps/data back with Titanium. The only problem I am having is it keeps trying to install Sprint default (Family Locator, default id, tech expert, caller id) then it fails with unable to install all components. 1 Code: 400. I have retried install many times and also told it to cancel, but it still just keeps popping up and is annoying. Anyway to get rid of this? Is it just an app you unistall or remove permissions or something? Help would be appreciated, and keep up the great work.

This question was running on my mind in some corner. Hope we get rid of all bloatware. Thanks

lvpre

Jun 23, 2011
ha yep, same here. On another note, has anyone had any luck editing APNs with root? I have not as of yet, they are still greyed out.

Try a program called Shortcut Master lite in the play store. search for LTEfunctionality . It should allow you to edit the LTE APN Setting. Then add " ,dun " to APN type under the APN2 LTE and EHRPD internet options

Reactions: crackerwarrior

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011
Try a program called Shortcut Master lite in the play store. search for LTEfunctionality . It should allow you to edit the LTE APN Setting. Then add " ,dun " to APN type under the APN2 LTE and EHRPD internet options
Unfortunately that doesn't work on this firmware. It worked on the unlocked s7, but lte doesn't return any useful results here. Searching for apn will, but still are not able to edit.
:(

Reactions: crackerwarrior

fsunoles101

Unfortunately that doesn't work on this firmware. It worked on the unlocked s7, but lte doesn't return any useful results here. Searching for apn will, but still are not able to edit.
:(
Yes you can. Did it today. Use sqlite editor. You can access the apns and then edit them.

92a6ca07c7b46ef747a6ec603b70793d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

themisterwilson

Jan 16, 2011
Last edited:

koolcat7

Jun 8, 2011
Thanks KoolCat7 and Fogame for the reply and for answering my questions.

Does rooting my device void warranty? and also would like to know how to unroot and switch back to stock firmare after unroot.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

This question was running on my mind in some corner. Hope we get rid of all bloatware. Thanks

You're welcome Prince! This technically will void warranty but they'll never know since it does not trip the KNOX counter, so you should be OK. To flash back to stock no root, flash this file via odin : http://xdaforums.com/sprint-note-7/how-to/sm-n930p-stock-odin-firmware-t3444733

Reactions: princedare

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello INTERNET and welcome! Super Leaky Bros. is proud to announce the first, and hopefully start of a great relationship with rooting your Note 7. Thanks to the combined efforts of myself and @cruckus, we've come up with a way to root your phone.... Thanks to @Chainfire for SuperSU for the Galaxy S7/qualcomm snapdragon 820

Please take the time to read this entire post to understand the pros, and cons of such root and what to expect from it. Now, we have acquired a Userdebug version of the Note 7 software on SPRINT, that includes a su binary by default. This Userdebug version is labeled PH3 and is supposed to be an update to the current PGC version. It comes with the August 1 security patch.

-We'll be providing the Odin flashable tar as well as instructions on how to insert SuperSU root so that you can have GUI.
    -Flashing back to stock via Odin reverses everything and allows both Samsung Pay and Android Pay to work again.
    -This does not 'trip' knox. It remains 0x0.

What is Userdebug? Well, it is a version in the Samsung testing phase, like engineering, except not as good, that allows the software team to test updates before presenting them to carriers. It includes many more binaries than the stock ROM for debugging purposes. Now, with this root method, you will not be able to use Samsung Pay, Android Pay, OR update officially to any new software version. As it stands now, this is the only version you can be on while rooted. If we can manage to either a) keep up with updates with new userdebug versions, or b) find a permanent root solution from either this method, or another one, we can then continue to update our phones.

Like the S7 and S7 edge, TWRP is not available with this particular method because the bootloader remains locked. However, root apps all work fine.
    I have managed to get xposed working as well, and @cruckus will write a how to.

If you're feeling generous, and you should be, please endorse our continued efforts with a small donation. Donations can be made to @cruckus (Curkus86@gmail.com) and myself (donate button under avatar).

It goes without saying that your internal storage will be wiped.
    [size=+3]This guide assumes you have adb set up properly.[/size]
    Step 1: Download the Odin flashable TAR image: ALL_SPT_N930PVPU1APH3_N930PSPT1APH3_CL8706608_QB10617237_REV00_userdebug_low_noship_MULTI_CERT.tar
    Step 2: Download the Super SU zip for Note 7: sun7.zip
    Step 3: Download Odin 3.12.4: Odin 3.12.4
    Step 4: Extract Odin 3.12.4 zip.
    Step 5: Extract sun7.zip to a folder with your adb. Those of you who have installed adb globally can extract the sun7.zip anywhere. There should be 4 files in the folder and that folder MUST be labeled "sun7"
    Step 6: Power down your phone, then boot up into download mode. Power+VOL DOWN+home.
    Step 7: Connect your phone to the computer and open Open Odin 3.12.4. Odin should display "Added!!" in the log window when your phone is connected.
    Step 8: Place the downloaded tar into the AP slot in Odin and flash.

This next phase will take a VERY long time to boot. The ROM is deodexed by default and not 1st boot optimized. BE PATIENT. Also, if you are going to restore your google account, make sure do NOT restore SuperSU. Once the phone boots up and is at the home screen, go into settings, about, then tap the build number 7 times to unlock developer options. Make sure usb debugging is selected and move on to step 9.

Step 9: Open a command prompt where your ADB executable and sun7 folder are.
    Step 10: Verify standard root access by typing "adb shell" then "su" If successful, type "exit" twice to get back to the command prompt.
    Step 11: Push the sun7 folder to your phone by typing "adb push sun7 /data/local/tmp/su"
    Step 12: Change permissions of contents in su to 777 by typing "adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/su/*"
    Step 13: Launch adb shell by typing "adb shell"
    Step 14: Change directory to su by typing "cd data" "cd local" "cd tmp" "cd su"
    Step 15: Gain standard root privileges by typing "su"
    Step 16: Execute the SU script by typing "./root.sh"

At this point, the script will install SuperSU, set up root, and reboot automatically. Once booted back up, SuperSU should be in your app drawer and should work. At this point, I would suggest downloading busybox on rails from the Play Store and set up busybox. Super SU may or may not update binaries successfully after installing busybox. I was able to update to 2.76 without issue.

ENJOY!!!! PLEASE REMEMBER TO THANK AND DONATE FOR OUR EFFORTS.
    This is the instructions for installing xposed. Big shout out though to my buddy freeza who helped/helps me alot though. Anyway your not here for that your here for xposed haha. I will post the zip down below the instructions to make sure everyone reads them. Secondly, Freeza nor I own xposed so definitely thank the creators on their thread and download the installer here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811
    Instructions:
    step 1: download zip.
    step 2: extract zip to where your adb is. if you have adb globally installed, then extract anywhere. There should be 4 folders and 2 files inside of the folder and the folder should be called xposed.
    step 3: launch command prompt where adb and the extracted xposed folder is.
    step 4: connect your phone to pc.
    step 5: push xposed folder to your phone by typing "adb push xposed /data/local/tmp/xposed"
    step 6: change permissions on xposed.sh to 777 by typing "adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/xposed/xposed.sh"
    step 7: launch adb shell by typing "adb shell"
    step 8: change directory to xposed by typing "cd data" "cd local" "cd tmp" "cd xposed"
    step 9: gain standard root privileges by typing "su"
    step 10: launch xposed installer by typing "./xposed.sh"
    It will take care of the rest and reboot. The phone will rebuild caches and take a while to boot. So be patient and donate while you wait, it should make it load faster it has been proven. Jk and enjoy! https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=101917
    From the Moderator -oka1

To all in this Thread .......... PLEASE .......

........Do not fill this Thread with Diatribe or personal attacks........

No one cares if you are frustrated, No one cares that you think it is wrong or unfair that the root methods are shaky/unstable .......... No one CARES .......

........Please ..... ONLY- post things that help solve the puzzle to acquiring a Stable Root....... Nothing else ........

IF you need to Vent...... Write to Dear Abby or Dr Phil ......... Seriously ...........

Remember post Respectfully ... on topic ... or ...... DO NOT POST .......

Thanks, ~~~ oka1
    UPDATE: OP is now live!
    All this hate flowing through my veins bro.... All this Hate..... We need the tmo version also ?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Lol. I can feel the hate

Sent from my SGP621 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Another Freebro Production

Sent from my SGP621 using XDA-Developers mobile app