[ROM][KERNEL][ANGLER][OFFICIAL]RESURRECTION REMIX [OTA][6.0.1_r72]

Search This thread

mukesh22584

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 5T
Does anyone have an apk for the stock email app that comes with this ROM? I've deleted mine a while ago. Thanks.
Take this..
Installation process... I think you know it...
If not then follow...
Extract the zip..
Go to System/App with any root explorer....
Place Email folder there...
Give permission...
For folder 0755...
For files 0644...
Reboot Enjoy....[emoji4]

Attachments

• Email.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for clearing that up. So the security patch won't get updated anymore since nougat is up and running?
I'm not sure, it may come down to what Varun wants to do with this ROM. I haven't checked in a while, but I think cm13 is still receiving nightly updates for M, so this ROM might see another release. But then again, Varun might be waiting for Nougat builds from Cyanogenmod.

For me, its hard to even guess since things have been kinda odd with the release of N for devices.

Personally speaking, I'm just sitting comfortably with the 9/7 build and waiting for N Roms to pop up more. I'm excited to see what BeansTown is up to and what differences there will be between RR and the upcoming PE ROM. (If anyone hasn't heard, PN- PureNexus is being renamed to PureExperience- PE)

Also, I guess Google is holding a contest to see if anyone can hack a device with just a phone number and something else (I wish I could remember...), so I feel that either the October or November security patch will be the next one to really focus on having on board our devices (assuming the contest ends by then or if Google finds an exploit that desperately needs attention and releases it by then), so until then, most of us are in a limbo just waiting.

While I say all this, there are a few Nougat Roms out there that are worth looking into such as Weta (the op releases updates almost daily) and DigitalHigh (last update was I believe august 25th. Now don't quote me here, but I believe Weta is on the September security patch so if you wanted to be up to date, that might be something to look into.

All in all, I am not promoting or saying any of those other Roms are better, just noting that they exist for anyone interested.

Wow, that was kinda a lot haha

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: mukesh22584

wonton9224

Jan 3, 2011
Hey guys, I'm on stock MTC20F right now, I tried to flash a different rom before that was supposed to be for mtc20f but I didn't flash the vendor img and i got a bootloop. Do i need to flash the mtc20f vendor img even though I'm already on/using it?

Reactions: Kapak13

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
Hey guys, I'm on stock MTC20F right now, I tried to flash a different rom before that was supposed to be for mtc20f but I didn't flash the vendor img and i got a bootloop. Do i need to flash the mtc20f vendor img even though I'm already on/using it?
If I'm understanding your question correctly, its best to always be in the habit of flashing the vendor image before flashing any ROM. I'm not sure if the vendor image survives a wipe and clean flash, I've heard it should survive but I never bank on it.

I believe you could just flash the vendor and you should be able to get out of the bootloop.

I'm guessing you already did something to figure it out since it says you posted your question an hour ago, but if not, give it a try. Maybe wipe cache and dalvik after flashing vendor and reboot.

Lemme know if this works or not. If it doesn't, I'll do some more research and see what I can find.

Out of curiosity, what is your step by step process of flashing a ROM? And are you using twrp or some other recovery?

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

I've been having a lot of trouble with data service lately and I'm starting to think it might be similar to what people had previously reported about not being able to make calls.

I still haven't flashed the latest rom update. However, I've been keeping up with the thread and seen how some people been reporting issues while flashing. Can I flash the update using twrp 3.0.2 or will that cause any problems?
What carrier are you on? Maybe others on the same carrier can confirm if they have signal issues also

What radio are you on? There are a few twrp flash able radios out there, maybe try them to see if signal improves?

I'm on AT&T and on 3.72 radio. My signal is solid on my end

And as far as twrp goes, I think you'd be alright as long as its 3.0.2-0 and not 3.0.2-1 or 3.0.2-2. The two newer ones are for Nougat (from what I've read from others) and both have some issues such as 3.0.2-1 has a issue with backing up and restoring EFS while 3.0.2-2 has an issue making backups in general.

Lemme know if this helps or if you want links to the radios :)

Ah, maybe I wasn't clear... You can flash the latest build on 3.0.2-0 without issue, I did and its fine. (Or should be, I guess I can't make any types of guarantees....)

Last edited:

wonton9224

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks for clarifying the vendor img issue for me. I've flashed the stock img via fastboot since the bootloop, I'm using Twrp, I'm gonna try flashing a Rom soon. The steps I take? Pretty common, same as I've always done with every other phone I've messed with, but now there's an extra step with the vendor img. Before I knew about having to flash the vendor img I just perform a full wipe except internal, flash Rom, flash Gapps, may or may not wipe cache+dalvik cache, reboot.

I just thought it was weird that when flashing a Rom that's made for mtc20f would put me in a bootloop if I didn't flash that vendor img even though I'm already on it, I'm guessing it gets wiped every time you flash a Rom

A lot of Roms that are posted don't explain what vendor img it's designed for, a lot of them just say flash Rom, gapps, reboot, profit. This is very misleading, for a device that requires an extra flash step, you'd think everyone would start posting that extra step. This Rom tho (Resurrection Remix) looks awesome and does say to "make sure you have updated your device with the latest vendor image" which is great, the link takes you right to an MTC20F download page, every Rom should have this in their instructions, as apparently it's required!

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for clarifying the vendor img issue for me. I've flashed the stock img via fastboot since the bootloop, I'm using Twrp, I'm gonna try flashing a Rom soon. The steps I take? Pretty common, same as I've always done with every other phone I've messed with, but now there's an extra step with the vendor img. Before I knew about having to flash the vendor img I just perform a full wipe except internal, flash Rom, flash Gapps, may or may not wipe cache+dalvik cache, reboot.

I just thought it was weird that when flashing a Rom that's made for mtc20f would put me in a bootloop if I didn't flash that vendor img even though I'm already on it, I'm guessing it gets wiped every time you flash a Rom

A lot of Roms that are posted don't explain what vendor img it's designed for, a lot of them just say flash Rom, gapps, reboot, profit. This is very misleading, for a device that requires an extra flash step, you'd think everyone would start posting that extra step. This Rom tho (Resurrection Remix) looks awesome and does say to "make sure you have updated your device with the latest vendor image" which is great, the link takes you right to an MTC20F download page, every Rom should have this in their instructions, as apparently it's required!
Yeah,the vendor image is a monthly security update from Google. It checks the ROM and stuff (see how technical I am? hahaha)

In the past, we never had to deal with the vendor images, now we do.

To flash the vendor, go into twrp, and hit the install button, then down at the bottom right it will say install zip, tap it and it will change to install image. Find the vendor image and select it, then it will ask you which of four partitions to flash it to, hit vendor and swipe to flash, then proceed to flash ROM and gapps like normal.

Some of the new custom N ROMs will have the vendor as part of the ROM zip and it flashes automatically.

Some OPs don't bring it up, either because its assumed we all know this already or that they just simply didn't add it in/forgot.

Thus bringing use to all of us around these forums to step up and answer questions and help each other.

Lemme know if you get this ROM up and running!

Also, (and its been a while for me now and haven't heard much) it might be wise to try flashing the open gapps PICO package. There was a time where some, if not all GE other optional packages would cause a boot loop. I've never had issues with pico and most other don't have issues either.

And since pico is just the bare bone basics to get Google functionality, you can easily download all the other gapps from the playstore

EDIT-

STEPS TO FLASH ROM

Wipe everything except internal storage

Flash vendor

Flash ROM

Flash gapps

Flash whatever else you want (xposed etc) this ROM comes pre rooted :) so no need to worry about supersu

Reboot

Then "profit" as they say

Last edited:

wonton9224

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks Kapak13 I'll let ya know when I get the Rom booted up and running, I'm pulling my backup through adb to my pc right now, it's taking forever tho, is it normal to have a backup that's almost 10gb?

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks Kapak13 I'll let ya know when I get the Rom booted up and running, I'm pulling my backup through adb to my pc right now, it's taking forever tho, is it normal to have a backup that's almost 10gb?
No problem!

Did you backup internal storage?

My backups are usually about 6gb...

What internal storage size is your phone?

wonton9224

Jan 3, 2011
I don't think there's an option to backup sd card, I have a 32gb, probably should've went with the 64
I finally have time to flash this Rom! It's booting up and optimizing apps right now, can't wait to test this beast out!

Last edited:

wonton9224

Jan 3, 2011
I'm loving this Rom, so many customizations to go through! I am having trouble with the constant notification saying that Project Fi is not fully activated, when I tap on it, it tries to activate but then says there's an issue with my sim card and to contact google support. Anyone else experience this issue? Do i really have to call them? or just try rebooting or something? Thanks

Edit: so far no luck, rebooting did nothing, tried flashing the PureNexus FIFIX_googledialer._0203.zip but it didn't work. Project FI keeps force closing, unfortunately if there's no fix for this I'm gonna have to jump to another Rom :(

Last edited:

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
I'm loving this Rom, so many customizations to go through! I am having trouble with the constant notification saying that Project Fi is not fully activated, when I tap on it, it tries to activate but then says there's an issue with my sim card and to contact google support. Anyone else experience this issue? Do i really have to call them? or just try rebooting or something? Thanks

Edit: so far no luck, rebooting did nothing, tried flashing the PureNexus FIFIX_googledialer._0203.zip but it didn't work. Project FI keeps force closing, unfortunately if there's no fix for this I'm gonna have to jump to another Rom :(
Hey, I replied to your pm. Lemme know if you didn't get it. My xda labs app sometimes either says it sends but doesn't or just straight up won't send. It said it sent this time...

Reactions: wonton9224

wonton9224

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks, got the reply, figured I'd come back on here and post my results. Sucks that I spent like an hour or so setting up this Rom before noticing that I couldn't get Project Fi to work, had to perform a clean install.

I found a post on Reddit that someone said Project Fi's working great for them, they flashed the Pico Gapps when installing the Rom and downloaded Project Fi from the play store, he didn't mention this but I also had to change the app's permissions to get it to work. So happy I didn't have to jump to another Rom!

So great news to Project Fi users who want to run this amazing Rom!

Reactions: cerj and Kapak13

Kapak13

Nov 19, 2012
Thanks, got the reply, figured I'd come back on here and post my results. Sucks that I spent like an hour or so setting up this Rom before noticing that I couldn't get Project Fi to work, had to perform a clean install.

I found a post on Reddit that someone said Project Fi's working great for them, they flashed the Pico Gapps when installing the Rom and downloaded Project Fi from the play store, he didn't mention this but I also had to change the app's permissions to get it to work. So happy I didn't have to jump to another Rom!

So great news to Project Fi users who want to run this amazing Rom!
:)

Reactions: wonton9224

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
So here is a dumb question. How is the new build? I'm still running r_46 and it is still a champ. I remember flashing, I think, r_51 and I had a huge problem with the data. It was never stable and always cut off. So, how's this build, guys? Thanks in advance.

ctx2002

May 9, 2011
Hello, I want to ask about the Volume Sliders. On my S4 with RR 5.7.0 I could choose how many steps each slider has. This option I've found.
But I also could expand the volume sliders to 8 (ring vol, media vol, BT vol, message vol, alarm, headphone vol ...and so on). In this ROM I didn't find this option. I only got ring, alarm, media and message.
I need the slider for BT volume which is now regulated by media slider, too. I need these to be two sliders =/
Please tell me how to enable all sliders. Thank you!

mukesh22584

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2014
Delhi
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 5T
Hello, I want to ask about the Volume Sliders. On my S4 with RR 5.7.0 I could choose how many steps each slider has. This option I've found.
But I also could expand the volume sliders to 8 (ring vol, media vol, BT vol, message vol, alarm, headphone vol ...and so on). In this ROM I didn't find this option. I only got ring, alarm, media and message.
I need the slider for BT volume which is now regulated by media slider, too. I need these to be two sliders =/
Please tell me how to enable all sliders. Thank you!
Wrong Thread ...[emoji4]
Please ask here....
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/i9505-develop/rom-resurrection-lollipop-v5-5-5-t3195202

Only ANGLER?

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

So here is a dumb question. How is the new build? I'm still running r_46 and it is still a champ. I remember flashing, I think, r_51 and I had a huge problem with the data. It was never stable and always cut off. So, how's this build, guys? Thanks in advance.
My Angler is running with 5.7.3-20160907 without any single issue, Believe me and try, there is no any Data connection problem....[emoji4]

Only ANGLER?

cerj

Recognized Themer
Nov 1, 2012
NOLA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Running nice. I had LTE issues on a few build, ( I'm on ATT ) but on the sept build my LTE is fine

Sent from my Nexus 9 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    7c38cc54192ebca511c0531c43883dd1.jpg

About Resurrection Remix ROM
    Changelog
    Installation
    Downloads and useful links
    Donations

About Resurrection Remix ROM

Resurrection Remix the ROM has been based on CM,slim.omni and original Remix ROM builds, this creates an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the most new features, brought directly to your Device

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many things that in previous versions were tweaked with mods, are now included by default in the ROM so, please enjoy![/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resurrection Remix[/font]

Special thanks to, the CM team,OMNI team ,SLIMROMS and of course to all the supporters

Included Main Features

Resurrection Remix Marshmallow

Features:-
    Based On Latest Google Android 6.0.1 Release
    Based On Cyanogenmod 13 Sources
    RR Customizations:-
    -Navigation Bar
    -Enable/Disable Navbar
    -Navbar Button Customization
    -Navbar Slim Dim
    -Animate Dim
    -Dim Timeout Duration
    -Dim Alpha
    -Double Tap To sleep navbar
    -Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch for landscape

-Statusbar
    -Brightness Slider
    -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
    -SuperUser Indicator Switch
    -Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
    -Carrier Label
    -Carrier Label Switch
    -Carrier label Colour
    -Carrier Label Size
    -Clock Customizations
    -Time & date
    -Clock Colour
    -Day & date Toogle
    -Center/Right/Left Clock Choice
    -Date Format
    -Clock Font Styles
    -Battery
    -Battery Bar customization
    -Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
    -Battery % Text
    -Network Traffic Indicator
    -Network Traffic Arrows Switch
    -Incoming/OutGoing Traffic
    -Network traffic Color
    -Statusbar RR Logo
    -RR logo Color
    -StatusBar Weather
    -Weather Color
    -Weather Position(left/right)
    -Weather Style
    -Weather Size

-Animations
    -Toast Animations
    -ListView Animations
    -System Animations

-Gestures
    -Gestures Anywhere Feature
    -3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture

-App Circle Bar
    -Choose apps in AppSidebar
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position
    -App Sidebar
    -Choose apps in App circle
    -Trigger Width
    -Trigger Hieght
    -Trigger Position
    -Pie
    -Pie Trigger(left ,Right ,Bottom)
    -Pie Targets
    -Pie Colors
    -More Pie Features

-Recents Panel
    -Clear All button Switch
    -Clear All Tasks Switch
    -Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
    -Recents Search Bar
    -Full Screen Recents
    -Slim Recents
    -OmniSwitch

-Cclock Widget
    -CLock And Alarm Customizations
    -Weather Panel Customizations
    -Calender Events

-LockScreen
    -Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
    -Lockscreen General Shorcuts
    -100+ Icons for Shortcuts
    -Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    -Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
    -Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
    -LockScreen Blur
    -Lockscreen Blur Intensity
    -LockScreen Wallpaper
    -Lockscreen Weather Widget
    -Lockscreen Icons Color

-Quick Settings Draggable Tiles
    -Customizable Tiles
    -Show Two Main Tiles Per Row
    -Dyanamic Tiles Adjustment
    -Notification Drawer
    -Weather Display Switch
    -LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
    -Disable Immersive Mode Messages
    -Force Expand Notification
    -Task Manager Switch
    -Time Contextual Header(HD,Modern,Poly)
    -Quick PullDown Switch

-Buttons
    -Backlight Timer
    -Backlight Strength

-Advanced Reboot Menu
    -Power Menu Customizations
    -Power Off
    -Reboot(Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)
    -ScreenShot
    -Power Menu End Calls Switch
    -Restart SystemUI
    -Airplane Mode
    -ScreenRecord
    -On the Go Mode
    -Sound Panel

-Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Home Button answer call
    -Long Press Actions
    -Double Tap Actions

-Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
    -Short Press Actions
    -Long Press Actions

-Search Button(If Device Supports)
    -Short Press Action
    -Long Press Action

-Volume Buttons
    -Wake Up Device
    -Playback Control
    -Ringtone Volume Control
    -Keyboard Cursor Control
    -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
    -Volume Key Answer

-Miscellaneous
    -Selinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing Selinux if Device has Selinux Enabled)
    -cLock Shortcut
    -Disable Battery Saver Warning Color
    -Disable Fc Notifications
    -Wakelock Blocker
    -Media Scanner On Boot Behaviour
    -Cammera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable

-SystemUI Tuner
    -Enabled By default
    -Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP
    -StatusBar Icons Cuzomizations
    -Quick Settings Customizations

Other Features
    -Perfomance Profiles
    -LCD Density
    -Expanded Desktop Mode
    -Audio FX
    -Heads Up Switch
    -Live Display
    -Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
    -Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
    -Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow
    -Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture
    -Prevent Accidental Wakeup
    -Wake Phone on Charging Plug
    -Battery Light Customizations
    -Notification Light Customizations
    -Font Size
    -CM privacy guard
    -Performance Tweaks(Kernel Aduitor Inbuilt)

-SuperSU Inbuilt

-RR OTA
    -CM Theme Chooser
    -OverAll Smoothness Improvements
    -Optimizations to Improve Battery
    -Includes All Android Marhsmallow Features
    -Includes ALL CM13 Features
    -AND MUCH MUCH MORE

-INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS-

- Make sure you have updated your device with the Latest Vendor IMAGE
    - Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest TWRP 2.3.x Recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!​

-UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS-

- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!​

Quick Review: thanks to @savadam

Installation Guide:

Antuntu Benchmark:

Show your support to Resurrection Remix ROM

Big thanks to:

XDA developers

CM team

Omni team

Slim rom

AND OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUPPORTERS, DONATORS AND USERS

867d7c4a3192f95290a1ee46e7a98076.jpg

Device Source Code: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_device_huawei_angler

Kernel: https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix-Devices/android_kernel_huawei_angler

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Your warranty is now void.[/COLOR][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
    A lot.
    back from vacation? i am tired of oms, substratum and aosp roms.. they not my type.. waiting for rr along with cmte for cm14.1 [emoji16]

Yes I am
    The good news is RR N is fully ready except no cmte yet
    Once cmte is ready , we will release immediately
    Update 5.7.2

ResurrectionRemix - v5.7.2 - Android 6.0.1_r52 - 2016/07/31

Pulse Solid Bar Sanity Levels & Lavalamp Anim Speed
    Pulse 2.0 Advanced Audio/Visual Rendering
    Settings:pulse-Update Legacy Dimens and Bar Spacing Resources
    Settings:pulse Use Sliders for Pulse Customizations
    Add dependencies to pulse 'fading blocks' seekbars
    Clock color master switch
    Task Manager animations