[ROM][STOCK-BASED][XT1541/XT1540] PacerRom V1.1 [Substratum][Osprey]

Search This thread

kuzo

Sep 30, 2008
Catamarca
I recommend the reduction of Google applications and services, enough ... Google Play, Gmail and Calendar in my case ... contact sync ... thank you very much

I'm sorry for my English

Pacer_456

Dec 7, 2015
London
I recommend the reduction of Google applications and services, enough ... Google Play, Gmail and Calendar in my case ... contact sync ... thank you very much

I'm sorry for my English

To be fair, do you need any apps that aren't needed for Android to run? Just get them from play store.
Well the ROM doesn't come with many Google apps preinstalled anyway, and if some are bugging you just use something like ES file explorer to delete them. I don't see the point of getting rid of most of them

Mar 13, 2015
Update on my progress, I have a working V1.2 and I have:
Removed Gello
Tried fixing Viper4android with no luck yet
Added Adblock and kernel adiutor
Added Marshmallow boot animation
The main update for this version is device support, working on adding more variants. I do not want to do the build prop method as it seems sketchy and I would rather take longer to build than hear a bunch of complaints.
If anyone does know how to get Gello and more importantly Viper4android working, please let me know, and if you have an idea for something I could include, please tell me.
Could you possibly try to integrate per-app expanded desktop from cm? Seems like an underrated feature but I like to hide the navbar in a few apps but keep it in most. Would appreciate if you could look into this :)

Reactions: goewie and mead6302

Pacer_456

Dec 7, 2015
London
As I carry on development I start to realise that there is no use updating this rom. On other devices like the LG G2, a stock based roms are popular because of the enhancements LG has made in the framework of the stock rom, like the camera is much better on stock based roms than AOSP, however this isn't really the case with the moto g3, there aren't any significant enhancements to the stock rom since it is AOSP and the only advantage I can think of is 100% stability. But if you are after stability, then CM13 is probably better because it gets nightlies and is pretty bug free, along with more features and enhancements. So for the time being, I won't be developing stock based rom for this device until further notice, but I may make a custom version of CM14 once it is out.
Edit 1: Another reason why I don't think an update is needed because the things I add are easily available as an app or a flashable zip, and other ROMs provide more features and things that are not available as an app or a zip file and are deeply integrated into the system. Also I should say that it is not final that I will stop development of this rom

Last edited:

eemgee

Dec 27, 2013
Teesside
As I carry on development I start to realise that there is no use updating this rom. On other devices like the LG G2, a stock based roms are popular because of the enhancements LG has made in the framework of the stock rom, like the camera is much better on stock based roms than AOSP, however this isn't really the case with the moto g3, there aren't any significant enhancements to the stock rom since it is AOSP and the only advantage I can think of is 100% stability. But if you are after stability, then CM13 is probably better because it gets nightlies and is pretty bug free, along with more features and enhancements. So for the time being, I won't be developing stock based rom for this device until further notice, but I may make a custom version of CM14 once it is out.

I've never used a non stock rom that's better or even the same on battery than stock.
If you know of one, let me know.

Reactions: Pacer_456

Pacer_456

Dec 7, 2015
London
I've never used a non stock rom that's better or even the same on battery than stock.
If you know of one, let me know.
I had felt that the battery on all roms were very similar, but perhaps I use my phones differently than most people. Also a custom kernel should bring battery back to stock or better for you, but yes, stability and smoothness with a stable battery are the advantages, but the gap between that and AOSP based ROMs are nearly non existent to me. I should and will add some more info to my post on why I stopped updates

Acidfire.TM

Jul 21, 2016
I had felt that the battery on all roms were very similar, but perhaps I use my phones differently than most people. Also a custom kernel should bring battery back to stock or better for you, but yes, stability and smoothness with a stable battery are the advantages, but the gap between that and AOSP based ROMs are nearly non existent to me. I should and will add some more info to my post on why I stopped updates

i agree with you @Pacer_456

at this point most custom Roms are as good stability wise. and the battery on some custom Roms is amazing (DU for example)

firekernel gives me awesome battery. if people are having trouble with custom Roms

tk424

Oct 9, 2015
Is the OTA Update notifier turned off on this? (So Motorola updates wont prompt you every 24 hours to update?)

tk424

Oct 9, 2015
I haven't done it, so probably not. You can uninstall it I guess.

Thanks for the quick Reply. I only ask because I have had a hell of a time getting it uninstalled/killed on the stock ROM (it keeps coming back after reboot) so I am not sure if it actually can be uninstalled/killed. But if you know of a way that would be great.

jc0v

Jan 28, 2014
Hi folks,

I've been enjoying v1.1 of this rom on my XT1541 for a good few months now but I've recently been experiencing an issue and I'm hoping for some help. I'm not sure if this is rom related or not but I am experiencing periods where my data and wifi connections go dry. The signal icons show that I have wifi or data connected but no apps can get online. Oddly, on occasion, one app will work and the rest wont but I can't see a trend or cause. To resolve this I have to reboot my phone as an airplane mode toggle doesn't work. Once rebooted I usually see the issue again within a few hours. I have tried clearing the cache and even a factory reset but to no avail. I can't think of any new apps that I have installed or anything I've tweaked that might have caused this so I'm at a bit of a loss.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

jason13v8

Dec 14, 2014
Swindon
Could you add double tap to wake? Or can I activate via xposed? Great ROM thanks. Will there be Nougat do you think? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome To PacerRom...

So I wanted a stock based rom for the Moto G 2015, for a fast and stable experience with great camera quality and battery life. So I made one. Enjoy!

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear
     * war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following these
     * directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and
     * if you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will
     * laugh at you.
     */

Features Include:
    • Root/Busybox
    • Nexus Launcher
    • Viper4Android
    • Gello Browser
    • Substratum (RRO Theme)
    • Moto G4 Camera
    • Deodexed/Zipaligned

Installation:

As you would any other rom. Boot to recovery, wipe system, data, cache and dalvik/art cache, then flash and reboot. Note that the first boot takes a really long time, give it a good 15 to 20 mins. It works for sure on XT1541, but need testers for XT1540-flash at your own risk as I have no idea if the rom works or not for this variant.

Bugs:

Only bug I know of is that double twist for the camera does not work, I am assuming because of the Moto G4 camera. If you find a bug, please inform me.

Special Thanks:

@lost101 For now, this rom is only for XT1541 1gb, if you find it works with other variants please tell me. If they don't, I will push out the rom for other variants as well later on.
    @superR
    @viper520
    @BeansTown106
    @Alberto97
    If I have missed anyone or if you don't want your work in this rom, please contact me and I will amend it ASAP.

Suggestions for features are welcome.

XDA:DevDB Information
    PacerRom, ROM for the Moto G 2015

Contributors
    Pacer_456, lost101 SuperR Viper520 BeansTown106
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: Stock Motorola Rom

Version Information

Created 2016-08-10
    Last Updated 2016-08-24
    So here is the plan for V1.2:
    I will try to fix Viper4android and Gello
    I will try to add systemless xposed support
    I will try to add more variants
    And I shall try to update few apps, mostly Google apps.
    Well that's nice to hear, but I am working on V1.2 and also plan to add this variant officially.
    Downloads

Download for V1 (XT1541 only)

Download for V1.1(Working on XT1541, unknown for XT1540--need testers)
    So far woking fine on 2 GB version. Love the Nexus launcher, very smooth and clean.
    Awesome, will update OP soon.

Note to all, a new update is coming soon. Who likes to theme?