Should i get a v10

Search This thread

niaxi

May 22, 2012
I have a note 4 and am planing on getting the v10 plz tell me how is the v10 is there any problem i should know about like the g4 bootloop issue

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I have but last time i got the g4 and reviews where good but bootloop of death and in my country no warranty

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app
There have been very few brick reports or other serious issues, i got my v10 h901 a few months back and it is a super impressive phone. With more devs it would be near perfect. For the current asking price i can't see why not upgrade, this is far superior to note4 imo

Sent from my LG-H901 using XDA-Developers mobile app

rewkim

Jul 1, 2015
My wife and I each snagged unlocked V10s during a recent sale to replace our G3s that we loved. So far, so good. It's not leaps and bounds better than the G3 for our use, but the camera - particularly the front-facing and manual controls - are great. The second screen takes a little getting used to, but it's handy.

My biggest gripe is that Verizon gimped the phone by removing the Smart Settings feature, and location-based profile changing apps aren't able to find me, so apps like Llama don't work.

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
My wife and I each snagged unlocked V10s during a recent sale to replace our G3s that we loved. So far, so good. It's not leaps and bounds better than the G3 for our use, but the camera - particularly the front-facing and manual controls - are great. The second screen takes a little getting used to, but it's handy.

My biggest gripe is that Verizon gimped the phone by removing the Smart Settings feature, and location-based profile changing apps aren't able to find me, so apps like Llama don't work.

I just picked up the V10 on September 27 from tmobile and have to say i'm impressed so far. But the battery is not even close to what my previous G4 was. Since I have 14 days before I can return it, im still worried about the battery not passing 6pm. The G4 got the boot loop and then was repaired by LG but it came back with LTE issues. So T-mobile gave me the option to jump and I did.

I shut the second screen off completely to see if battery improves. Today I did see the battery last past 6pm before I had to charge it. SO LETS SEE what happens tomorrow.

Waxim1

Sep 15, 2013
Lahore
I just picked up the V10 on September 27 from tmobile and have to say i'm impressed so far. But the battery is not even close to what my previous G4 was. Since I have 14 days before I can return it, im still worried about the battery not passing 6pm. The G4 got the boot loop and then was repaired by LG but it came back with LTE issues. So T-mobile gave me the option to jump and I did.

I shut the second screen off completely to see if battery improves. Today I did see the battery last past 6pm before I had to charge it. SO LETS SEE what happens tomorrow.

I also got Tmobile H901 and battery is better. There might be some issue with your battery, how much SOT you are getting? I get 4.5 to 5 hours with moderate use on LTE + Wifi connectivity all day.

Reactions: pvaldeben

evo4g63t

Dec 20, 2013

The battery is the most disappointing aspect of this phone (I think). My friend had a g4 and he would be down to around 70 by the end of the work day while I got down to 40. Pretty substantial difference.

Fortunately you can get larger batteries for it, 6500 capacity (PowerBear) or even 9000 capacity (ZeroLemon) on amazon. I prefer the powerbear because I can leave the metal sides visible and the weight is much less than with the ZeroLemon.

The second screen takes up very little battery the biggest offender is the main screen, keep the brightness low when you can don't jack the brightness all the way up.

Upgrade to marshmallow if you haven't already and use the program ForceDoze which aggressively puts your phone in Doze mode to save battery. Unfortunately you'll need to have adb sideloader experience or your phone rooted to use it.

There are a lot of things I like about this phone though:
- second screen is excellent for controlling music with the main screen on
- I can put shortcuts on the second screen for my fav apps for quick access.
- I can setup quick calls on the screen which allows me to quickly contact whomever I wish
- camera is fantastic
- the phone doesn't seem to get bogged down when I have a lot of apps installed, my note 3 did this.
- 64gb capacity
- the design is solid, some don't like how heavy it is but I think it makes the device feel solid. I especially like the metal rails on the sides it makes the phone stand out from other phones.
- audio quality is great with high end headphones

The only downs from my perspective is
- second screen could be brighter (fixed on the v20)
- battery life
- I miss the stylus from the note series

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
I also got Tmobile H901 and battery is better. There might be some issue with your battery, how much SOT you are getting? I get 4.5 to 5 hours with moderate use on LTE + Wifi connectivity all day.

Sounds like you have better battery life in your V10. That made me thing I will reset my phone and not use the LG G4 backup to restore. Hope this make is better than what im getting today, see screen shot below:
Today I'm getting 8 hours with estimated 1.26 left at 16%.
my on screen time is only 2h 31m on time. I consider this very bad.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-01-15-27-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-01-15-27-27.png
    237 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_2016-10-01-15-27-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-01-15-27-36.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 149

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
The battery is the most disappointing aspect of this phone (I think). My friend had a g4 and he would be down to around 70 by the end of the work day while I got down to 40. Pretty substantial difference.

Fortunately you can get larger batteries for it, 6500 capacity (PowerBear) or even 9000 capacity (ZeroLemon) on amazon. I prefer the powerbear because I can leave the metal sides visible and the weight is much less than with the ZeroLemon.

The second screen takes up very little battery the biggest offender is the main screen, keep the brightness low when you can don't jack the brightness all the way up.

Upgrade to marshmallow if you haven't already and use the program ForceDoze which aggressively puts your phone in Doze mode to save battery. Unfortunately you'll need to have adb sideloader experience or your phone rooted to use it.

- I can setup quick calls on the screen which allows me to quickly contact whomever I wish
- camera is fantastic
- the phone doesn't seem to get bogged down when I have a lot of apps installed, my note 3 did this.
- 64gb capacity
- the design is solid, some don't like how heavy it is but I think it makes the device feel solid. I especially like the metal rails on the sides it makes the phone stand out from other phones.

- battery life

Yes the screen is brighter than needed I thing. On my past LG G4 the automatic screen was too low So I used a app called Lux Lite Dash to fix this. Now I use is to make the auto brightness less brighter. After resetting the V10 I will install Lux Lite again. I'll consider ForceDoze if I keep my phone and root it.
Yes I am in MM, thanks for your input.

Waxim1

Sep 15, 2013
Lahore
Sounds like you have better battery life in your V10. That made me thing I will reset my phone and not use the LG G4 backup to restore. Hope this make is better than what im getting today, see screen shot below:

Yes its almost half of what I am getting. Your network signals are very low, that may also be cause of more battery drain. I disabled almost all Tmobile and other useless google apps (Play games, Movies etc) and getting 4+ Hr SOT.

pvaldeben

Feb 20, 2011
E. Rockaway
Yes its almost half of what I am getting. Your network signals are very low, that may also be cause of more battery drain. I disabled almost all Tmobile and other useless google apps (Play games, Movies etc) and getting 4+ Hr SOT.

So after resetting my phone yesterday and installing apps manually. I'm glad to say the battery life is way more acceptable today I got 10 hours of usage with 15% battery left. My screen on is only 2h 30m usage and this is a great improvement. My mistake was as soon as I activated the phone the first time I restored everything from a LG G$ back up from my previous phone. That must have done who knows what to the my V10.
Thanks for confirming that my battery life was not normal for this phone and that your phone gave you much better battery. I am more inclined to keeping this phone now. I'm still amazed how good the camera is with manual mode. Its a sick phone.

Reactions: planetbeen

howdyace

Dec 19, 2008
No, unless you are with t mobile and it's under warranty.

Reason being is the boot loop issue. It's better to pay 5 dollars to warranty it out then be out of luck and a phone without it.

And it will boot loop. Eventually.

The phone is solid, don't get me wrong but that issue is a major concern.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

ohmygaa

May 9, 2014
No, unless you are with t mobile and it's under warranty.

Reason being is the boot loop issue. It's better to pay 5 dollars to warranty it out then be out of luck and a phone without it.

And it will boot loop. Eventually.

The phone is solid, don't get me wrong but that issue is a major concern.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Literally just happened to me today. Bought it in November when it first came out. I thought I was a lucky one.

Just avoid this phone if you can.

Reactions: howdyace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got one for att, and the phone is solid.
    Read, look at review videos. Do some research.

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA-Developers mobile app

- camera is fantastic
    - 64gb capacity

- battery life

So after resetting my phone yesterday and installing apps manually. I'm glad to say the battery life is way more acceptable today I got 10 hours of usage with 15% battery left. My screen on is only 2h 30m usage and this is a great improvement. My mistake was as soon as I activated the phone the first time I restored everything from a LG G$ back up from my previous phone. That must have done who knows what to the my V10.
    Thanks for confirming that my battery life was not normal for this phone and that your phone gave you much better battery. I am more inclined to keeping this phone now. I'm still amazed how good the camera is with manual mode. Its a sick phone.