[ROOT GUIDE][ALL ROOT TOOLS IN ONE PLACE][With and W/O PC][Root and Unbrick phones]

Search This thread

KingRaheel

Sep 8, 2016
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Root-android-phone-without-computer.jpg

Code:
*Your warranty is now void.
*I'm not responsible for your device. Rooting 
*process has risks but will always be successful
*if you follow the instructions properly. 
*YOU are choosing to make these modifications, 
*and if you point the finger at me for messing up
*your device, I will laugh at you.

Hello guys. Its been a few days since i joined this wonderful forums. After going through the threads and posts created by our fellow users, i found out that atleast 30%-40% of the users face rooting issues or many are unaware of how the rooting process goes about for their device. Some brick their phones while rooting and then come panicking asking for help. Now you don't need to worry guys because in this thread i have covered all the available rooting methods with and without PC (However if i have missed anything please do mention in your posts ;) ). If one method fails to work then you can always try the other. Further this thread also includes the general and common methods of recovering a soft-bricked phone or a phone which entered a bootloop while rooting.

Rooting with PC requires you to either flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM on your phone and then boot into the recovery and flash your root.zip file (or) by simply connecting your phone to your PC and let the rooting program do everything for you in one click or maybe two :p :fingers-crossed: . Rooting without PC is a simple android app that roots your phone in a click.

NOTE:
1) ALWAYS TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES, SMS, CALL LOGS ETC.
2) YOU NEED AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER FOR ANY FLASHING! SOME GUYS SIMPLY ROOT WITHOUT UNLOCKING THEIR DEVICE BOOTLOADER. SO IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG NOTHING CAN BE DONE.
3) YOU CAN TRY WHICH EVER METHOD YOU WANT TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE BUT I WILL ALWAYS RECOMMEND YOU TO FIRST TRY THE ANDROID ROOTING APPS FOR YOUR PHONE BEFORE GOING TO PC STAGE.

Advantages of Rooting:​
Rooting your android mobile has several advantages but here i have listed some of the best advantages, you will get after rooting your phone.
1) Access all files of your mobile which are present in the root directory of your storage or else by giving root permissions, you can Edit or Delete any system file.
2) Increase your mobile performance by over clocking, by changing the frequency of CPU using 3rd party applications or by simply installing a custom kernel already developed for your device.
3) Increase battery life by under clocking CPU of your device.
4) Installing Custom ROMS which will change the entire looks as well as performance of your device.
5) Internal Memory can be increased which means more room for your apps.
6) Finally, Truly Own your Device, Make it appear in the way you want.

Disadvantages of rooting:​

1) Your phone might hard brick. The process of rooting android mobile is very risky and has to be carried out with extreme caution. Any wrong step in rooting can cause your phone to hard-brick.
2) There may be data loss while rooting your mobile. However this is only with those phones which require their bootloader to be unlocked.
3) Warranty of your android mobile can be lost when you root it. This is one of main reason why most decide to keep their android phone unrooted as they cannot take risks with warranty of their mobiles but you can still unroot anytime to get your warranty back as some apps listed below provides unroot. For samsung users, your knox warranty will get triggered if you do any sort of flashing. Using the mobile rooting applications is quite safe if you dont want to destroy your warranty.
For samsung users, your knox warranty will get triggered if you do any sort of flashing. Using the mobile rooting applications is quite safe if you don't want to destroy your warranty.

Pressing the thanks button will hardly take a second. Your thanks encourages and motivates me. :):):good:

Lets start with the actual process:good:

ROOTING WITHOUT PC​

General Instruction:
1) Download root app apk from the given link and install.
2) If you get a pop-up saying installation is blocked, then Click on Settings and tick on Unknown Sources.
3) After opening the app, click on root button or the respective button in the app.
4) Wait till the root process completes. It may take a while so sit back and relax. Once done some apps may prompt you to reboot so click on it.

I have listed the most common apps which can root your device easily. However if i have missed any app then please mention it in the comments so that i can add it in the list:)

1) FramaRoot
This is the no.1 rated app when we talk about rooting a phone without PC. It is still the best APK ever to root any mobile without PC/Computer. This app has rooted thousands of devices which support its exploits. Most of the exploits of Framaroot are created for MediaTek chipset android phones. Select supersu or superuser and then select any exploit you like. If one exploit fails try another. If you used all the exploits then try another root app.
framaroot.png

Download:
https://framarootappdownload.net/

2) CF Auto Root
This app by Chainfire can root any samsung smartphones without pc easily. This app not only comes as an apk but also as a ODIN flashable .tar.md5 package.
Here is the full repository of supported devices download
android-basics-root-with-cf-auto-root.1280x600.jpg

Download:
https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

3) KingRoot :)
This is one my favourite rooting app. This app has the potential to root any android phone. Kingroot is a well known Root tool which is known for its security and speed. Kingroot has successfully achieved one-click Root for Nexus 9 (WIFI version) and Nexus 5X with the latest Android 7.0 or Android N.
Download-KingRoot-Application.jpg

Download:
https://kingroot.net/

4) Z4 Root
This app is one of the oldest apps to root android without computer without any risk of hard brick of android mobile. If you own an android phone from a good brand like HTC, Sony, Motorola and Samsung, then this APK can root your device. This app has success rate of 99% on all devices of Samsung Galaxy S series. This application is developed by one of our fellow member at XDA :). If you have the android mobile from the company xolo, lava, micromax, spice then you must try this root android without pc application.
z4root_featured_techzei.jpeg

Download:
http://www.apkmarket.org/app/z4root/

5) Towel Root:
This application is developed by Geohot to root android phone without pc easily. It successfully rooted Verizon Galaxy S5, AT&T GS5, Nexus 5, GS4, Note 3 and lots of Latest Android mobile devices.
nexusae0_towelroot.png

Download:
https://towelroot.com/

6) Root Master:
This was the first english apk which rooted a device succesfully. If you have tried above method to root your android smartphone and got no success, then I recommend you to use this method.
download_root_master_apk.jpg

Download:
http://rootmasterapk.org/

7) Universal Androot:
This is simple app that could easily help in rooting the Android phone with the simple downloading and installing without the use of the PC. It is so far an easy and working methods to root very old android device without computer.
1340813895_universal-androot.jpg

Download:
https://www.roidbay.com/app/apk/com.corner23.android.universalandroot/

8) Baidu Root:
As per their website, baidu root have rooted more than 6000 devices till now. They have their own SU permission app.
APK-Baidu-Root-Download-Free.jpg

Download:
http://baiduroot.net/

9) iRoot:
This software is developed by Mgyun team who had also released vRoot before. This iRoot application support any android mobile or smartphone. It supports Android 2.2 to 4.4 running devices to root it without the use of computer. It supports more than 150000 models with various brand names. iRoot uses the most advanced rooting technique which give 95% success rate. You can just root or unroot your android device in just one single click.
iroot-apk.png

Download:
http://irootapk.com/

10) KingoRoot
Good rooting app. It perfectly covers Android 1.5 to 5.0 mainstream models from different manufacturers including Samsung, Google, HTC, Sony and else.
root-apk-01.png

Download:
https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/

If none works then go for PC rooting techniques given below (I am sure you will have your device rooted using the above procedures). All the below programs are very easy to use. In case you don't know how to use then please refer the respective instruction page given on the program website.
ROOTING WITH PC​
Enable USB Debugging Mode FIRST

To enable USB debugging . Go to Settings > Developer Option > USB debugging > Tick to Enable. Developer Option is Hidden for Android 4.2.2 & Above, to show this option Go to Settings > About phone > Built Number ( Tap on it 7 times until it shows you are now a Developer.)
USB%2BDebugging.jpg

1) Kingo Root
Kingo ROOT is One – Click Root Designed to work on Windows Computer . It helps to root any Android Smartphones in single click which has a success rate of 80-90%. This is the best Android rooting software through PC available in market. This is the only one click root app which has tones of developers working on it to bring improvements and to increase the device limit in every update which are released frequently.

Success Rate : 92-98%

Precaution : If you are using any Antivirus Application on your Computer, then disable it first then follow the tutorial.
banner-bg-696x371.png

Download:
https://www.kingoapp.com/

2) KingRoot
Always reliable and has 95-96% success rate in rooting the higher android version devices.
One-Click-KingRoot.jpg

Download:

3) VRoot
Vroot’s goal is providing the excellent and simplest experience for all android users. The newest version of Vroot have supported for more than 8000 kinds of Android devices. It is more effective, easier and faster than you can imagine.

Success Rate: 70-75%

vroot.jpg

Download:
http://vrootdownload.info/download/vroot-download.zip

4) Root Genius
Root genius is the best & easy-to-use rooting software with high success rate with Mediatek devices. Root Genius is a Windows Application.
root-genius-696x469.jpg

Download:
https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B12zEp6BhQ4xV3UtVXFad0pmTVU&export=download

5) Unlock Root
Unlock Root roots and unlocks the boot-loader of various android devices. They have their own way of rooting and unlocking. To use this method for you to root your phone, they have their guides provided on each android device.
ur.jpg

Download:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1518700

I know there are some more programs available to root android devices but these are confirmed working. By now you would surely be having root access. If not and you used some other method to root then send me the link so that i can update this thread. To check whether you have root access or not download rootchecker app from here http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/qghHr9UD/file.html
root-checker-apk-latest-version-1.png

ROOTING USING TWRP/CWM/PHILZ TOUCH​
1) Download the custom recovery for your device. It will be either recovery.tar.md5 for samsung users or recovery.img for fastboot users.
2) Flash with ODIN or fastboot.

Fastboot command used:
Code:
 fastboot flash recovery[COLOR="Red"] recovery.img[/COLOR]
Please note your recovery must be in the same directory of fastboot. recovery.img is the name of your custom recovery.img file.
3) Now you have a working recovery installed on your device. Next step is to download the flashable rooting zip file. I will recommend SuperSu always. Download from supersu.zip from https://download.chainfire.eu/1001/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.78-20160905010000.zip
4) Navigate to the location where you have downloaded the .zip file and flash via recovery. :)

HOW TO RECOVER YOUR BRICKED DEVICE (COMMON PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS)
What Is Bricked Android Phone and Tablet
Before getting to the guide of unbricking your Android phone and tablet, try to know the 2 types of Android brick device, soft bricked one and hard bricked one.
Soft bricked device - It can still boot into recovery mode or be stuck on the logo. And you have big chance to unbrick it just by flashing a stock ROM or flashing a recovery file.

Hard bricked device - Just like it's name, your device is dead. It behaves like a real brick. You can have no operation on pressing the power button. Thus hard bricked devices cannot be recovered as they are just dead.

If your device is soft-bricked, it may:
1) Keeps Rebooting;
2) Be unable to boot;
3) Boots Straight Into Recovery;
4) Boots Straight Into its Bootloader;
5) Freeze at the start up screen;

BOOTLOOP FIX:
Your device is stuck in boot loop, that is your device keeps rebooting when you are flashing a new ROM and you forgot to wipe all the data of the previous ROM, and your device boots every time with some error and hence will keep rebooting. I would always try the classical method of removing the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in, enter recovery, clear cache and reboot. It always worked for me. In case it doesnt work for you then follow these steps:
Go to recovery mode – press volume up + home screen button + power button does it.
Scroll down to “Advanced”.
Choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache” option.
Return to the main screen.
Choose “Wipe Cache Partition”.
Choose “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” to delete all your settings and apps, using the correct ROM.
Reboot your device.:good:

RECOVERY BOOTLOOP FIX:

OPTION 1: I have taken a samsung device into consideration here. For others you have to use fastboot for flashing the respective files.
Run Odin using an administrator account on your Windows PC.
Switch off your device, go to download mode (volume plus + home screen button + power button ), then press volume up to continue and connect to your PC. When Odin recognizes your device, click PDA option and navigate to the recovery.tar file where you have downloaded it. Select recovery file and hit START. The flashing process will complete and Odin will show a PASS button with green background, your device will be rebooted.
OPTION 2:
If the above method doesn't solve your problem then you have no option but to flash the official stock firmware either using odin or fastboot which may result in apps and data loss in some cases.

BOOTS STRAIGHT INTO ITS BOOTLOADER; FREEZE AT START UP SCREEN FIX:
Simply flash the stock firmware.

NOT BOOTING:
If you can enter download mode or fastboot mode then you are good to go. Simply flash the firmware. If it doesn't boot at all then i am sorry, you have hard bricked your device.

I hope my thread has helped you out. I would recommend you to try KIngRoot first (both PC and W/O PC).
Regards.

Credits: To all the developers of the Apps.

Last edited:

biscottoesse

Oct 5, 2016
Hi, I have a Asus Zenfone Go ZB452KG

And Im trying to root it but I only see guides to the Go ZC500TG/Z00VD (using the search of the forum and around internet).
I even found a person with my same question but the link they gave didnt contained info for the ZB452KG but for the ZC500TG.

I found a couple of websites around internet but they seem suspicious, someone have the same phone and knew how to do it ? Or someone else know where i can find a trustfull root way ?

Thanks

Reactions: briguy123

KingRaheel

Sep 8, 2016
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro

And Im trying to root it but I only see guides to the Go ZC500TG/Z00VD (using the search of the forum and around internet).
I even found a person with my same question but the link they gave didnt contained info for the ZB452KG but for the ZC500TG.

I found a couple of websites around internet but they seem suspicious, someone have the same phone and knew how to do it ? Or someone else know where i can find a trustfull root way ?

Thanks
Bro I have provided a huge page full of root guides above ...have u try those? I would suggest that u use kingroot first:)

Last edited:

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
Hi, I've been active on the XDA forums for a while, and spend most of my time in the forums for my samsung galaxy note 101" 2014 smp600. This puppy has been flashed, formatted, bricked and fubarred many times. I'm currently running the Orion build of Marshmallow from this site. I recently
got the same model for my wife which has OEM upgrades to Android 5.11
Both of these tabs need work which my usual forums won't provide support, (or a response)for. I need to A: change my bootloader to the KK version in order to comply with the requirements of a Nougat ROM (which was unstable with my current bootloader. Funny that when I asked about identifying a bootloader, all I got was a snippy reply that the bootloader is "named" the same as the droid version it came with??? All I know is that I NEED to getthis bootloader onto my sp600. HEREIN lies my concern: I HAVE ODIN setup on a laptop, with CFautoroot, and the Windows drivers, etc. I DID work on my tab a few years ago. But I do NOT, in any way TRUST said setup to run on either of the sp600 I have.
So, I am NOT a noob, I have experience flashing almost anything on several devices. THIS is MY question: CAN I download and flash a KK bootloader WITHOUT ODIN or a pc??? And are ANY of the one-touch-root apps that you THANKFULLY wrote about usable and SAFE to use for such things? I have no experince with these and it is damn hard to find info on them anywhere. I just need to know about the bootloader and basic root access setup without a pc. I saw several suggestions to use King root and then an app to removed and repkace it with SuperSU for security.
Please give me a direction of some kind. All is appreciated info. ODIN and WINDOWS SUCK!! ;-DeaNoD
"

KingRaheel

Sep 8, 2016
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi, I've been active on the XDA forums for a while, and spend most of my time in the forums for my samsung galaxy note 101" 2014 smp600. This puppy has been flashed, formatted, bricked and fubarred many times. I'm currently running the Orion build of Marshmallow from this site. I recently
got the same model for my wife which has OEM upgrades to Android 5.11
Both of these tabs need work which my usual forums won't provide support, (or a response)for. I need to A: change my bootloader to the KK version in order to comply with the requirements of a Nougat ROM (which was unstable with my current bootloader. Funny that when I asked about identifying a bootloader, all I got was a snippy reply that the bootloader is "named" the same as the droid version it came with??? All I know is that I NEED to getthis bootloader onto my sp600. HEREIN lies my concern: I HAVE ODIN setup on a laptop, with CFautoroot, and the Windows drivers, etc. I DID work on my tab a few years ago. But I do NOT, in any way TRUST said setup to run on either of the sp600 I have.
So, I am NOT a noob, I have experience flashing almost anything on several devices. THIS is MY question: CAN I download and flash a KK bootloader WITHOUT ODIN or a pc??? And are ANY of the one-touch-root apps that you THANKFULLY wrote about usable and SAFE to use for such things? I have no experince with these and it is damn hard to find info on them anywhere. I just need to know about the bootloader and basic root access setup without a pc. I saw several suggestions to use King root and then an app to removed and repkace it with SuperSU for security.
Please give me a direction of some kind. All is appreciated info. ODIN and WINDOWS SUCK!! ;-DeaNoD
"
Yes if u are on linux, use hiemdall ..its a tool used for flashing firmwares and an alternative to odin ( i have no idea on how to use that as i never used it) ...i would suggest u to use kingroot ... its a good option as they can root almost all devices... then flash a custom recovery using flashify app ... whole process takes place without a pc as u wanted
Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: BigQuark

biscottoesse

Oct 5, 2016

Thanks

Bro I have provided a huge page full of root guides above ...have u try those? I would suggest that u use kingroot first:)

In case someone experience the same problem/doubt as use the search in the forum... my solution was KingRoot.

Thanks for the reply KingWilliams.

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
Yes if u are on linux, use hiemdall ..its a tool used for flashing firmwares and an alternative to odin ( i have no idea on how to use that as i never used it) ...i would suggest u to use kingroot ... its a good option as they can root almost all devices... then flash a custom recovery using flashify app ... whole process takes place without a pc as u wanted
Regards

Thanks for the info. From what l've read about Kingroot is that it installssome pretty dicey "extras". What have you heard about the SuperSU Me app? It is supposed to remove Kingroot and replace it with SuperSU. I am now reading up on flashify to learn more of how it works. Any further attempts to use ODIN are off the table for me. I'm surprised that someone like chainfire of ssu fame hasn't come up with something better than running ODIN on Winblows. Thanks ;-Deano

KingRaheel

Sep 8, 2016
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks for the info. From what l've read about Kingroot is that it installssome pretty dicey "extras". What have you heard about the SuperSU Me app? It is supposed to remove Kingroot and replace it with SuperSU. I am now reading up on flashify to learn more of how it works. Any further attempts to use ODIN are off the table for me. I'm surprised that someone like chainfire of ssu fame hasn't come up with something better than running ODIN on Winblows. Thanks ;-Deano
Supersu me doesn't work well on higher versions of android and may cause a bootloop.. That's what I read...chainfire is not the developer of Odin and neither are the other developers here related to it..its samsung who own that ... Did u try hiemdall?
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/heimdall-odin-alternative-that-runs-on.html

DeanoD

Oct 12, 2013
Windsor, Ontario. Canada
Supersu me doesn't work well on higher versions of android and may cause a bootloop.. That's what I read...chainfire is not the developer of Odin and neither are the other developers here related to it..its samsung who own that ... Did u try hiemdall?
http://www.webupd8.org/2012/06/heimdall-odin-alternative-that-runs-on.html

Made one last valiant effort to run Odin or Heimdall on my laptop. Then I found that EVERY download of any .rar files related to their use were corrupted. So that put the final nail in the coffin for ALL PC based solutions in this case. As for chainfire, IIRC he was involved with Odin lite which then became Flashfire. I could find no further suggestions that indicated FlashFire could be used to root a device PC -Free. I have just tried several different CM 14 versions n my 600 over the past day or so. After much grief and a close bricking, I landed back on CM 13 Liquid Dark. Will not likely try CM 14 again untilI can fix my LP bootloader probs. Thanks for the input, ;-DeanoD

KingRaheel

Sep 8, 2016
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Made one last valiant effort to run Odin or Heimdall on my laptop. Then I found that EVERY download of any .rar files related to their use were corrupted. So that put the final nail in the coffin for ALL PC based solutions in this case. As for chainfire, IIRC he was involved with Odin lite which then became Flashfire. I could find no further suggestions that indicated FlashFire could be used to root a device PC -Free. I have just tried several different CM 14 versions n my 600 over the past day or so. After much grief and a close bricking, I landed back on CM 13 Liquid Dark. Will not likely try CM 14 again untilI can fix my LP bootloader probs. Thanks for the input, ;-DeanoD
Nice ..i am trying to get cm14 working on marshmallow bootloader from a long time...cm14 boots but ends up in bootloop which sucks... is the cm 14 stable for ur device?

Oct 22, 2016
Bump ..see this before posting about root requests ;)

Thanks king, i have been searching for root without pc for my micromax tab for a long time, but couldn't find successful methods.
Finally rooted with Kingoroot app.

Now trying to get a custom recovery for it. But i looked in flashify, my device wasnt listed there in flash twrp/cwm list, which recovery should i download or install? I need it to remove kingoroot apps and kingo superuser and flash supersu.

Tried using the search but couldnt find anything on my device - micromax p680.

KingRaheel

Sep 8, 2016
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks king, i have been searching for root without pc for my micromax tab for a long time, but couldn't find successful methods.
Finally rooted with Kingoroot app.

Now trying to get a custom recovery for it. But i looked in flashify, my device wasnt listed there in flash twrp/cwm list, which recovery should i download or install? I need it to remove kingoroot apps and kingo superuser and flash supersu.

Tried using the search but couldnt find anything on my device - micromax p680.
Did u search in the forums for cwm or twrp? U might find it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root-android-phone-without-computer.jpg

Code:
    *Your warranty is now void.
    *I'm not responsible for your device. Rooting 
    *process has risks but will always be successful
    *if you follow the instructions properly. 
    *YOU are choosing to make these modifications, 
    *and if you point the finger at me for messing up
    *your device, I will laugh at you.

Hello guys. Its been a few days since i joined this wonderful forums. After going through the threads and posts created by our fellow users, i found out that atleast 30%-40% of the users face rooting issues or many are unaware of how the rooting process goes about for their device. Some brick their phones while rooting and then come panicking asking for help. Now you don't need to worry guys because in this thread i have covered all the available rooting methods with and without PC (However if i have missed anything please do mention in your posts ;) ). If one method fails to work then you can always try the other. Further this thread also includes the general and common methods of recovering a soft-bricked phone or a phone which entered a bootloop while rooting.

Rooting with PC requires you to either flash a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM on your phone and then boot into the recovery and flash your root.zip file (or) by simply connecting your phone to your PC and let the rooting program do everything for you in one click or maybe two :p :fingers-crossed: . Rooting without PC is a simple android app that roots your phone in a click.

NOTE:
    1) ALWAYS TAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR FILES, SMS, CALL LOGS ETC.
    2) YOU NEED AN UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER FOR ANY FLASHING! SOME GUYS SIMPLY ROOT WITHOUT UNLOCKING THEIR DEVICE BOOTLOADER. SO IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG NOTHING CAN BE DONE.
    3) YOU CAN TRY WHICH EVER METHOD YOU WANT TO ROOT YOUR DEVICE BUT I WILL ALWAYS RECOMMEND YOU TO FIRST TRY THE ANDROID ROOTING APPS FOR YOUR PHONE BEFORE GOING TO PC STAGE.

Advantages of Rooting:​
    Rooting your android mobile has several advantages but here i have listed some of the best advantages, you will get after rooting your phone.
    1) Access all files of your mobile which are present in the root directory of your storage or else by giving root permissions, you can Edit or Delete any system file.
    2) Increase your mobile performance by over clocking, by changing the frequency of CPU using 3rd party applications or by simply installing a custom kernel already developed for your device.
    3) Increase battery life by under clocking CPU of your device.
    4) Installing Custom ROMS which will change the entire looks as well as performance of your device.
    5) Internal Memory can be increased which means more room for your apps.
    6) Finally, Truly Own your Device, Make it appear in the way you want.

Disadvantages of rooting:​

1) Your phone might hard brick. The process of rooting android mobile is very risky and has to be carried out with extreme caution. Any wrong step in rooting can cause your phone to hard-brick.
    2) There may be data loss while rooting your mobile. However this is only with those phones which require their bootloader to be unlocked.
    3) Warranty of your android mobile can be lost when you root it. This is one of main reason why most decide to keep their android phone unrooted as they cannot take risks with warranty of their mobiles but you can still unroot anytime to get your warranty back as some apps listed below provides unroot. For samsung users, your knox warranty will get triggered if you do any sort of flashing. Using the mobile rooting applications is quite safe if you dont want to destroy your warranty.
    For samsung users, your knox warranty will get triggered if you do any sort of flashing. Using the mobile rooting applications is quite safe if you don't want to destroy your warranty.

Pressing the thanks button will hardly take a second. Your thanks encourages and motivates me. :):):good:

Lets start with the actual process:good:

ROOTING WITHOUT PC​

General Instruction:
    1) Download root app apk from the given link and install.
    2) If you get a pop-up saying installation is blocked, then Click on Settings and tick on Unknown Sources.
    3) After opening the app, click on root button or the respective button in the app.
    4) Wait till the root process completes. It may take a while so sit back and relax. Once done some apps may prompt you to reboot so click on it.

I have listed the most common apps which can root your device easily. However if i have missed any app then please mention it in the comments so that i can add it in the list:)

1) FramaRoot
    This is the no.1 rated app when we talk about rooting a phone without PC. It is still the best APK ever to root any mobile without PC/Computer. This app has rooted thousands of devices which support its exploits. Most of the exploits of Framaroot are created for MediaTek chipset android phones. Select supersu or superuser and then select any exploit you like. If one exploit fails try another. If you used all the exploits then try another root app.
    framaroot.png

Download:
    https://framarootappdownload.net/

2) CF Auto Root
    This app by Chainfire can root any samsung smartphones without pc easily. This app not only comes as an apk but also as a ODIN flashable .tar.md5 package.
    Here is the full repository of supported devices download
    android-basics-root-with-cf-auto-root.1280x600.jpg

Download:
    https://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

3) KingRoot :)
    This is one my favourite rooting app. This app has the potential to root any android phone. Kingroot is a well known Root tool which is known for its security and speed. Kingroot has successfully achieved one-click Root for Nexus 9 (WIFI version) and Nexus 5X with the latest Android 7.0 or Android N.
    Download-KingRoot-Application.jpg

Download:

4) Z4 Root
    This app is one of the oldest apps to root android without computer without any risk of hard brick of android mobile. If you own an android phone from a good brand like HTC, Sony, Motorola and Samsung, then this APK can root your device. This app has success rate of 99% on all devices of Samsung Galaxy S series. This application is developed by one of our fellow member at XDA :). If you have the android mobile from the company xolo, lava, micromax, spice then you must try this root android without pc application.
    z4root_featured_techzei.jpeg

Download:
    http://www.apkmarket.org/app/z4root/

5) Towel Root:
    This application is developed by Geohot to root android phone without pc easily. It successfully rooted Verizon Galaxy S5, AT&T GS5, Nexus 5, GS4, Note 3 and lots of Latest Android mobile devices.
    nexusae0_towelroot.png

Download:
    https://towelroot.com/

6) Root Master:
    This was the first english apk which rooted a device succesfully. If you have tried above method to root your android smartphone and got no success, then I recommend you to use this method.
    download_root_master_apk.jpg

Download:
    http://rootmasterapk.org/

7) Universal Androot:
    This is simple app that could easily help in rooting the Android phone with the simple downloading and installing without the use of the PC. It is so far an easy and working methods to root very old android device without computer.
    1340813895_universal-androot.jpg

Download:
    https://www.roidbay.com/app/apk/com.corner23.android.universalandroot/

8) Baidu Root:
    As per their website, baidu root have rooted more than 6000 devices till now. They have their own SU permission app.
    APK-Baidu-Root-Download-Free.jpg

Download:
    http://baiduroot.net/

9) iRoot:
    This software is developed by Mgyun team who had also released vRoot before. This iRoot application support any android mobile or smartphone. It supports Android 2.2 to 4.4 running devices to root it without the use of computer. It supports more than 150000 models with various brand names. iRoot uses the most advanced rooting technique which give 95% success rate. You can just root or unroot your android device in just one single click.
    iroot-apk.png

Download:
    http://irootapk.com/

10) KingoRoot
    Good rooting app. It perfectly covers Android 1.5 to 5.0 mainstream models from different manufacturers including Samsung, Google, HTC, Sony and else.
    root-apk-01.png

Download:
    https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/

If none works then go for PC rooting techniques given below (I am sure you will have your device rooted using the above procedures). All the below programs are very easy to use. In case you don't know how to use then please refer the respective instruction page given on the program website.
    ROOTING WITH PC​
    Enable USB Debugging Mode FIRST

To enable USB debugging . Go to Settings > Developer Option > USB debugging > Tick to Enable. Developer Option is Hidden for Android 4.2.2 & Above, to show this option Go to Settings > About phone > Built Number ( Tap on it 7 times until it shows you are now a Developer.)
    USB%2BDebugging.jpg

1) Kingo Root
    Kingo ROOT is One – Click Root Designed to work on Windows Computer . It helps to root any Android Smartphones in single click which has a success rate of 80-90%. This is the best Android rooting software through PC available in market. This is the only one click root app which has tones of developers working on it to bring improvements and to increase the device limit in every update which are released frequently.

Success Rate : 92-98%

Precaution : If you are using any Antivirus Application on your Computer, then disable it first then follow the tutorial.
    banner-bg-696x371.png

Download:
    https://www.kingoapp.com/

2) KingRoot
    Always reliable and has 95-96% success rate in rooting the higher android version devices.
    One-Click-KingRoot.jpg

Download:

3) VRoot
    Vroot’s goal is providing the excellent and simplest experience for all android users. The newest version of Vroot have supported for more than 8000 kinds of Android devices. It is more effective, easier and faster than you can imagine.

Success Rate: 70-75%

vroot.jpg

Download:
    http://vrootdownload.info/download/vroot-download.zip

4) Root Genius
    Root genius is the best & easy-to-use rooting software with high success rate with Mediatek devices. Root Genius is a Windows Application.
    root-genius-696x469.jpg

Download:
    https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B12zEp6BhQ4xV3UtVXFad0pmTVU&export=download

5) Unlock Root
    Unlock Root roots and unlocks the boot-loader of various android devices. They have their own way of rooting and unlocking. To use this method for you to root your phone, they have their guides provided on each android device.
    ur.jpg

Download:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1518700

I know there are some more programs available to root android devices but these are confirmed working. By now you would surely be having root access. If not and you used some other method to root then send me the link so that i can update this thread. To check whether you have root access or not download rootchecker app from here http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/qghHr9UD/file.html
    root-checker-apk-latest-version-1.png

ROOTING USING TWRP/CWM/PHILZ TOUCH​
    1) Download the custom recovery for your device. It will be either recovery.tar.md5 for samsung users or recovery.img for fastboot users.
    2) Flash with ODIN or fastboot.

Fastboot command used:
    Code:
     fastboot flash recovery[COLOR="Red"] recovery.img[/COLOR]
    Please note your recovery must be in the same directory of fastboot. recovery.img is the name of your custom recovery.img file.
    3) Now you have a working recovery installed on your device. Next step is to download the flashable rooting zip file. I will recommend SuperSu always. Download from supersu.zip from https://download.chainfire.eu/1001/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.78-20160905010000.zip
    4) Navigate to the location where you have downloaded the .zip file and flash via recovery. :)

HOW TO RECOVER YOUR BRICKED DEVICE (COMMON PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS)
    What Is Bricked Android Phone and Tablet
    Before getting to the guide of unbricking your Android phone and tablet, try to know the 2 types of Android brick device, soft bricked one and hard bricked one.
    Soft bricked device - It can still boot into recovery mode or be stuck on the logo. And you have big chance to unbrick it just by flashing a stock ROM or flashing a recovery file.

Hard bricked device - Just like it's name, your device is dead. It behaves like a real brick. You can have no operation on pressing the power button. Thus hard bricked devices cannot be recovered as they are just dead.

If your device is soft-bricked, it may:
    1) Keeps Rebooting;
    2) Be unable to boot;
    3) Boots Straight Into Recovery;
    4) Boots Straight Into its Bootloader;
    5) Freeze at the start up screen;

BOOTLOOP FIX:
    Your device is stuck in boot loop, that is your device keeps rebooting when you are flashing a new ROM and you forgot to wipe all the data of the previous ROM, and your device boots every time with some error and hence will keep rebooting. I would always try the classical method of removing the battery for a few seconds, then put it back in, enter recovery, clear cache and reboot. It always worked for me. In case it doesnt work for you then follow these steps:
    Go to recovery mode – press volume up + home screen button + power button does it.
    Scroll down to “Advanced”.
    Choose “Wipe Dalvik Cache” option.
    Return to the main screen.
    Choose “Wipe Cache Partition”.
    Choose “Wipe Data / Factory Reset” to delete all your settings and apps, using the correct ROM.
    Reboot your device.:good:

RECOVERY BOOTLOOP FIX:

OPTION 1: I have taken a samsung device into consideration here. For others you have to use fastboot for flashing the respective files.
    Run Odin using an administrator account on your Windows PC.
    Switch off your device, go to download mode (volume plus + home screen button + power button ), then press volume up to continue and connect to your PC. When Odin recognizes your device, click PDA option and navigate to the recovery.tar file where you have downloaded it. Select recovery file and hit START. The flashing process will complete and Odin will show a PASS button with green background, your device will be rebooted.
    OPTION 2:
    If the above method doesn't solve your problem then you have no option but to flash the official stock firmware either using odin or fastboot which may result in apps and data loss in some cases.

BOOTS STRAIGHT INTO ITS BOOTLOADER; FREEZE AT START UP SCREEN FIX:
    Simply flash the stock firmware.

NOT BOOTING:
    If you can enter download mode or fastboot mode then you are good to go. Simply flash the firmware. If it doesn't boot at all then i am sorry, you have hard bricked your device.

I hope my thread has helped you out. I would recommend you to try KIngRoot first (both PC and W/O PC).
    Regards.

Credits: To all the developers of the Apps.
    A funny thing but did anyone try the stuffs in my guide? just curious to know....none commented about the thread:confused:
    Thread Updated

Thread has been updated guys :D

Thanks
    Framaroot isn't working with gti9500.