[JDCTeam][6.0.1][16 sept] Stock and Optimized Slim6

Search This thread

Xplorer4x4

Mar 12, 2010
OnePlus 9
Been running this for over 24 hours now! This is awesome! Slim and Efficient!

There is 1 thing I miss coming from Beanstalk. Long press power with screen off activates the led torch. Any chance this will be added?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

angelcalibur

Jun 4, 2014
Hi Angel,
now that we have "official" weekly ( build 1.2), is there any chance for optimized build to boot proprely ?

thanks for your work, really appreciated here, :D

Bonjour! :p
I'am tryng to make the rom booting but always have some issu...
at the moment i'am building (i encounter some error during the build) and if it work, i will release the build.

Last edited:

miniworck

Oct 12, 2016
invalid URL

I really need the GAAP
and te costum room is ( Slim-espressowifi-6.0.1.build.1.6-WEEKLY-20161007-1337.zip )
my tablet is the Samsung Galaxy tab2 10.1 p5110

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    756363JDCslim6.jpg

SLIM6
    Brought to you by Jflte DevConnection Team

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

What is SlimRoms?
    SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. Our main goal is to offer users a slimmed down yet feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by our public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

Slim6 is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and offers the following original features:
    Slim6 is still in its early stages of development so if your favourite feature is not back yet, don’t worry more will be added with later releases.

JDCTeam
    In alphabetical order:

Screenshots:

Click on the screenshots to get full size:

Known issues
    • You will tell us

Download
    Stock Official Slim6 ROM builds Please, download the rom for your device (jflteatt, jfltespr, jfltetmo, jfltevzw, jfltexx) are hosted on Slimroms website : version released : 1.3
    JDC Optmised and unified slim6 ROM builds are hosted on androidfilehost : version released : 0.8
    Gapps : opengapps :choose ARM, 6.0, and Nano

TWRP Recovery v3.0.0-0 with F2FS support (JDC Themed): RomHut

Installation
    TWRP Recovery v3.0.0-0 with F2FS support (JDC Themed) is suggested for installation

Device variants supported: I9505, I9505G, I9507, I9508, I337, M919, I545, R970, L720, S970G, S975L (I9515 and I9500 are not supported).

AT&T and Verizon users: since your bootloader is locked, you must be on the UCUAMDB or UCUAMDL bootloader if you own an AT&T phone, otherwise if Verizon you must be on the VRUAMDK bootloader in order to use this ROM. Do getprop ro.bootloader in Terminal Emulator or through ADB shell to find out which bootloader you have

First time or clean install:
    1. Download the ROM from the link above
    2. Download GApps package for Marshmallow 6.0 or mine
    3. Put the zip files on your SDCard
    4. Reboot in Recovery
    5. Wipe Data / Factory Reset
    6. Optional: convert to F2FS
    7. Select "Install zip from SDCard"
    8. Choose SlimRoms zip file
    9. Choose GApps zip file
    10. Flash
    11. Reboot system

Update from a previous build:
    • Via OTA Updates: - Temporarily not working, need an update of the apk to match MM network permissions.

1. Open OTA Updates app
      2. Download the update
      3. Press "Install"
      Your device will automatically reboot and install the update.

• Manual update with TWRP:
      1. Download updated build from the link above
      2. If you do not have the Gapps package, download here
      3. Put the zip files on your SDCard
      4. Reboot in TWRP Recovery
      5. Wipe /cache and dalvik-cache
      6. Select "Install zip from SDCard"
      7. Choose SlimRoms zip file
      8. Choose GApps zip file
      9. Flash
      10. Reboot system

First boot after install/update takes a while, wait at least 5 minutes for it to boot.

To convert cache, data and system partitions to F2FS :

Using F2FS
    What it is? Wikipedia

To use it you should first convert your EXT4 partitions through recovery, before installing this ROM.

1. Download and install our TWRP version: https://romhut.com/addons/twrp-3-0-0-0-f2fs-jdc
    2. Wipe->advanced wipe
    3. Select data->change or repair file system->f2fs (Warning: internal storage is formatted, make a backup of your personal data before doing this!)
    4. Select cache->change or repair file system->f2fs

No need to convert /system as it is basically read-only, therefore better to keep it as ext4.
    Sources
    GitHub
    GitHub
    GitHub
    SlimRoms Review

Social
    Google+: JDCTeam Community
    YouTube: JDCTeam TV

Credits and Special thanks
    • JDCTeam
    • SlimRoms
    • Google

XDA:DevDB Information
    Slim6 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S4 (Qualcomm variants), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
    angelcalibur, -+BB+-, AntaresOne, smeroni68, alucard_24, MattBooth, franzyroy, hawkerpaul, javelinanddart, Jimsilver73, side, smstiv, josegalre

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Alpha 7
    Stable Release Date: 2016-07-29

Created 2016-07-26
    Last Updated 2016-07-29[FONT]

XDA:DevDB Information
    Slim6, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4

Contributors
    angelcalibur, angelcalibur, -+BB+-, side, antaresone, smeroni68, alucard_24, MattBooth, hawkerpaul, Jimsilver73, javelinanddart, franzyroy,SkL*, smstiv, FernBch
    Source Code: https://github.com/SlimRoms, https://github.com/AOSP-JF-MM, https://github.com/angelcalibur, https://review.slimroms.org/#/q/status:eek:pen

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: SlimRoms

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1
    Stable Release Date: 2016-09-04
    Current Beta Version: 0.8
    Beta Release Date: 2016-07-29

Created 2016-07-26
    Last Updated 2016-09-03​
    news

Hello guys!
    Just a message to inform you that i'am not dead! :p
    I just have issu when i want to build any rom since Android Nougat was released.

To build Android Rom, i used an old computer and the build was long (8 hours for slimrom, 4H when i was building the slimsaber rom, and 4 hours for our AOSP rom), but succeed all the time.
    Now, with nougat, it seems we need to use a more recent computer.

I've tryed with my professionnal computer (i5 and 6GB of Ram), and it's the same, impossible to make a build complete...

Seems i need to update to an i7 and more than 8gb of Ram...
    You need to know that i was building rom was an hobbie andi did it during my free time. So, i've never asked for money and i will never did it (i received 2 donations since i begin to build : 25€ too make me able to pay my coffee :p ).
    Now, i don't really have the time to search again and again how to solved my issu with my 2 computer (too much job, i need to spend more time with my family too because i have 2 daughters, and they They grow too fast ;) . ).

If i find a solution, i will build another rom (slim, and i was working on Dirty Unicorns too).

Have a nice day guys, and see you later on XDA! :eek:
    Hello guys!
    Back from holidays and i've made a new slim build.
    But i have an issu during the boot.
    I saw the slim bootanimation, optimising app, and when it's write prepraring (don't don't if it's the right word in english), back to slim boot annimation with a nice Bootloop...
    if i use pico or nano open gapps, it's the same issu...
    will try to find the solution and share the stable build!
    Update :
    Actually, i have to release 2 versions of slim6 rom :
    - Stock, but only for jfltexx (GT-i9505)
    - Optimised JDC rom for unified
    I have to proceed like this because i encounter an issu with the optimised build since 0.9 version : rom doens't boot after ART optimisation.

Download
    Stock slim6 ROM builds (only for JFLTEXX) are hosted on androidfilehost : version released : 1.1
    JDC Optmised and unified slim6 ROM builds are hosted on androidfilehost : version released : 0.8
    Gapps : opengapps :choose ARM, 6.0, and Nano

for the changelog, watch post 2.
    i will upload another build today...
    For me it's really stable.

Masquerade.apk will be remove because it's not supported by this rom, because of the day/night switch.
    New build : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24651429356503531
    New features:
    - In-call vibration features
    - Statusbar clock and date customizations
    - Slim Recents
    - Battery icon and text
    - Slim NavBar with double tap function
    - Started to include Snap on devices
    - New JDC bootanimation

Have a nice day!