Galaxy Note 7 Indian thread

Search This thread

rohit25

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi
Google Pixel 2 XL
Those who have been hoping for a pre-Diwali launch, well, I think it is time to look at alternatives.
As this article notes: "Samsung told all of its carrier and retail partners around the world to stop sales and exchanges of Galaxy Note 7s.
It's the move Samsung dreaded, and the move Samsung needed. As dramatic as this seems, though, it's just another step in its fight to piece its reputation back together, bit by agonizing bit."
https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/10/samsung-s-note-7-catches-fire-but-the-damage-isn-t-done/
I agree with the comments that the Note 7 is not entirely dead. It might come back in December, perhaps under a new name.
And it might be cheaper, too.

There is less of a chance of it coming back... It's parts will be used in other devices.. except for the battery... But rest Note7 is dead... All Hail S8....

amsnair

Sep 24, 2012
Hyderabad
Everyone talking as if the Note7 is already dead....What will happen with the people who are already using ?.... Hope public don't see us as Terrorist carrying bombs....

Reactions: Abhi117

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN

yep.... sadly the end waited from july onwards for note 7 and wasted hell lot of time ,hoping note 8 will be good..................bought an iphone 7 plus 128gb black and will keep my htc 10 until n8................damn --accessories(worth 5K) bought will be a waste,lesson learnt dont buy accessories until u receive the product.....................................

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
yep.... sadly the end waited from july onwards for note 7 and wasted hell lot of time ,hoping note 8 will be good..................bought an iphone 7 plus 128gb black and will keep my htc 10 until n8................damn --accessories(worth 5K) bought will be a waste,lesson learnt dont buy accessories until u receive the product.....................................
Hey man you jumped to iPhone .... How u liking it compares to Android

Sent from my Le X821 using Tapatalk

Himanshu990

Oct 5, 2016
Lets hope it will be here very soon

Exynos variant is functioning properly and there is no such thing (halt production and no replacement either) in Saudi; UAE
We have to wait for a while until things get clear.
And frankly i don't feel it will take long time now.

Abhi117

Apr 15, 2016
M super confused at this moment, to wait till december or not, to go for iPhone7 plus or S7 Edge or OP3.
:( :( :(

Exynos variant is functioning properly and there is no such thing (halt production and no replacement either) in Saudi; UAE
We have to wait for a while until things get clear.
And frankly i don't feel it will take long time now.

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
Hey man you jumped to iPhone .... How u liking it compares to Android

yes dude.............never felt comfortable with s7 edge so sold it out,not impressed by pixel and waited patiently 3 months for n7...........so far liking iphone 7 plus ------ display is well calibrated this time(as said by erica griffin in her review),damn fast(getting single core score of 3497 in geekbench 4 in my device),camera is improved from 6s plus on par with other top devices and that 2x opt zoom in good lighting is excellent,audio output via stereo speakers and earphones are better than my previous s7 edge...............but a bit bulkier and will definitely miss S pen

Overall its best alternative for me instead of N7..............this is simply my personal opinion

Last edited:

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
yes dude.............never felt comfortable with s7 edge so sold it out,not impressed by pixel and waited patiently 3 months for n7...........so far liking iphone 7 plus ------ display is well calibrated this time(as said by erica griffin in her review),damn fast(getting single core score of 3497 in geekbench 4 in my device),camera is improved from 6s plus and that 2x opt zoom in good lighting is excellent,audio output via stereo speakers and earphones are better than my previous s7 edge...............but a bit bulkier and will definitely miss S pen

Overall its best alternative for me instead of N7..............this is simply my personal opinion
Well the biggest difference is android vs ios and not everyone will like that certainly not me

And yeah s7 edge is not good saw and used with a friend

Pixel too costly ... moto z is a bit better for price but I will stick to leeco le max 2 which is a beast for its such a low price

All may change after a few months we never know ....

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

Himanshu990

Oct 5, 2016
M super confused at this moment, to wait till december or not, to go for iPhone7 plus or S7 Edge or OP3.
:( :( :(

In my opinion, Waiting till December is not a good option. Iphone is a different platform, OP3 is again a great device at much cheaper price. I am using S7 edge, its also a great device but there is no comparison of N7 yet with any of these devices.
Waiting till 28th seems good. But beyond that its waste of time. And what if it again produce a boom effect.
According to me you wait for any official statement from samsung india. And S7E is a good option if i ignore IPHONe. :p

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
Well the biggest difference is android vs ios and not everyone will like that certainly not me

And yeah s7 edge is not good saw and used with a friend

Pixel too costly ... moto z is a bit better for price but I will stick to leeco le max 2 which is a beast for its such a low price

All may change after a few months we never know ....

for android i will keep my HTC 10.....................its a good device,u sold ur 10?

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
for android i will keep my HTC 10.....................its a good device,u sold ur 10?
Yes HTC 10 sold for note 7 ...and now my n7 is with service center they said replacement approved but unless it's released in India it's very difficult to get replacement

Best thing with HTC 10 is sound quality but screen is small and quality is not good even my le max 2 screen is better

For screen nothing beats Samsung super amoled

kannanX10

May 6, 2010
Coimbatore-TN
Yes HTC 10 sold for note 7 ...and now my n7 is with service center they said replacement approved but unless it's released in India it's very difficult to get replacement

Best thing with HTC 10 is sound quality but screen is small and quality is not good even my le max 2 screen is better

For screen nothing beats Samsung super amoled

but my HTC10 with the tianma panel is damn good and vivid..........nothing(until v20) can beat the audio quality of 10

Abhi117

Apr 15, 2016
Well, shall wait till diwali.
:confused:

In my opinion, Waiting till December is not a good option. Iphone is a different platform, OP3 is again a great device at much cheaper price. I am using S7 edge, its also a great device but there is no comparison of N7 yet with any of these devices.
Waiting till 28th seems good. But beyond that its waste of time. And what if it again produce a boom effect.
According to me you wait for any official statement from samsung india. And S7E is a good option if i ignore IPHONe. :p

saj2001ind

Dec 24, 2007
but my HTC10 with the tianma panel is damn good and vivid..........nothing(until v20) can beat the audio quality of 10
Yeah I am also waiting for lg v20 bcoz it had quad DAC ...and V series is known for audiophiles

But first have to see what Samaung India gives me for my n7...replacement or refund

ajayrajan1

Sep 29, 2016
purchased the s7 edge yesterday, so far pretty impressive. i have the iphone 6s as well so no point getting the 7. Was disappointed by the form factor and price of the pixel so did not take it into consideration. If at all an actual SAFE N7 is launched in future, would pass on the s7edge to my wife. :p

Reactions: Abhi117

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did It finally !

First Note 7 on earth with working Jio VoLTE Lol !

attachment.php
    I have called samsung india custom care and talked to a lady and raised concerned about this discrimination.
    She said that most of companies doing this for their VVIP customers from their VIP quota.
    When I asked, I like to talk to their seniors which power you have given to make this? She kept my phone on hold for 5 minutes (May be discussed with seniors) and said me that those are busy in meeting.
    I have asked OK fine, can you tell me what kind of privilege allow this to make such discrimination between two customers. Is it legal? She couldn't answer for long and I repeatedly asked her, please answer me is it legal? Do you have any power to divide customers these way? Then she said I keep your right to talk to my seniors and taking note and they will contact you soon.
    Meanwhile I have made ticket and registered concern to PMO office and want from them to hear if indian constitution give any such privilege to this multinational companies.
    Everytime i come to this thread now, i feel like cleaning my body with Dettol. Its like this thread is infected with an STD that refuses to leave and keeps coming back.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
    One good thing samsung have changed is
    Tripped knox doesn't breaking deep sleep.
    I was tempering cf auto root of other device, got partial success but yet no root. (Su binary update error though superuser app injected)
    found some error too and forwarded to Chainfire and waiting for his reply.

After tripped knox
    - Secure folder is broken (without even using a single time :p)
    - S Health - working
    - Iris scanner - working
    - Finger Print - working
    So Iris scanner won't work with tripped know was just a hype, Also seems securestorage.support was related to private mod causing shealth issue shouldn't happen (Though can be fixed in rooted device)
    Running away from facts and the truth is the easiest way out from the realities of life .

1. I don't need anybody's attention . People need to have substance to get my attention .

2.If u find me negative, that is your feeling, but than most of the Guys who have bought N7 have negative feelings towards Sammy .

...............just to let u know, u asked me whether i did buy Note 7 and why i am so negative about it and also that u have read all my posts . I had an N7 from Dubai & i have talked about it in mutiple posts and this exposes your facts & theories .

& don't worry,

3. i don't have the time to sue every Tom, **** & Harry .
    I believe it's enough said.
    First of all we all here are mature and can decide ourselves what is good or not, no need to repeat same thing on every posts.

1.Really? Then why need bold letters?

2.Obviously we feel unhappy because it's trouble to long wait or get replacement from overseas but it's not end of life.
    Still I have trust I will go for replacement or will refund. Very simple and no one need someone's advice isn't?
    BTW I care myself and my family so switched off my N7 but I am also not psycho so ever will have samophobia for my rest of life.

3.same here, we don't have time to entertain **** ( and two others I forgot names :p ) so not going to even read reply to this post

Have a great time ahead.

Sorry all other guys , rarely I participate such useless discussion but going totally out of context.
    Humble request to all, please ignore and go ahead with N7 discussion.