[Discontinued] [ROM] [7.0] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.0 [i9082] Final [2016/10/23]

Bump up to CM-14.1 or give CM-14 one last and final update?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

osas514

Feb 5, 2014
Benin
THIS ROM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED AND WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED.. CONSIDER SWITCHING TO CM14.1

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..

Code:
#include 
/*
Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod https://github.com/CyanogenMod

Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/Osas514/android_device_samsung_i9082 and kernel tree https://github.com/Osas514/android_kernel_samsung_i9082/tree/cm-14.0
Compatibilitiy Patches:https://github.com/ghsr/build_tools/tree/cm-14.0/patches

Downloads
ROM:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=121821
Gapps: http://opengapps.org

What works?
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth
RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
Video (playback only)
Audio playback(buggy)
GPS
Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing
Camera(Trying to fix it breaks sound)
Selinux is in permissive mode
com.android.mtp crashes sometimes, but MTP works.
Screenshots are blank (Will be fixed, when there's proper fix for it). Adding it causes random reboots
Browser (webview): Video playback doesn't work properly. Use Chrome browser for properly working video playback.
Microphone does not work on certain apps
Sound recording

Changelog
2016-10-10: initial alpha release
2016-10-17: Fixed browser fc
Fixed power menu fc
Partially fix camera but still buggy
Updated CM sources
2016-10-23 update
- Microphone Fixed
- freezing issue fixed
- random reboot fixed
- sound recorder now working
- some cm bugs fixed from source side
- camera almost fixed just taking time for opening bt video recording still not working (no freezing with camera app)
-Hotspot fixed
Shout-out to @GHsR for updating the patches

Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations (once they work):
Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
"Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled

Installation
Make a backup!
If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
Reboot into recovery
If you are using a recovery which mounts /system on boot, unmount it before installing
Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
Install the ROM
Optionally install the Google Apps Addon (In Marshmallow, you MUST flash gapps before booting into the system for the first time or else the proper permissions will not be granted resulting in Setup Wizard crash. If you experience the crash, you will need to do a factory reset.)

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

Credits
CyanogenMod team @pawitp - for patches @GHsR for updated device tree and kernel tree

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 14, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand duos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082

Contributors
osas514
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2016-10-23

Created 2016-10-13
Last Updated 2017-01-27

Attachments

• IMG-20161011-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20161011-WA0009.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 34,981
  • IMG-20161011-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20161011-WA0012.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 34,164
  • IMG-20161011-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20161011-WA0003.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 32,598
  • IMG-20161011-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20161011-WA0010.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 33,133
Last edited:

osas514

Feb 5, 2014
Benin
Note:
1.SELinux is set to permissive until all the important functions gets fixed.
Audio won't work if SELinux is set to enforcing, because libSamsung_Resampler.so have text relocations.
2.Some CM features are not fully working so please do not spam the thread with this since it is not fully ready yet
3.Do not report bugs already listed in the known issues
4. This is not an error free build.. you have been warned
5. NO ETA RELATED QUESTIONS.
6. DON'T I MEAN DON'T EVER QUOTE THE OP JUST TO WRITE OUT THREE LINES

Last edited:

osas514

Feb 5, 2014
Benin
FAQ
Q:Is this rom better than rom A or B?
A: Either use it or gtfo
Q:Which recovery is needed?
A: You can use either the cwm or twrp recovery used in flashing mm roms
Q:How to enable root access
A:Goto settings-about device and tap on build number 7 times to enable developer option.. Goto developer option Root access and select apps and adb then flash Superuser
Q: When will the bugs be fixed
A: No ETA
Q: Recommended gapps?
A: Arm 7.0 picofrom here
Q:Since screenshot are blank with the default key combo how can i take screenshot?
A: use this app
Q:E:unknown command [log] while flashing rom?
Use this recovery

Last edited:

srikanthrayavarapu

Nov 17, 2014
Hyderabad
Booting process completed very smooth. No issues while setting up the device for first use. Mobile calls, data, sms and Wi-Fi are working without any issues.
Installed every app that I use in my daily life. Everything is working superb except the issues mentioned in known issues section.
No app fc and no random reboots.
No one expects more than this from the first build and we are glad to get CM14 with Android 7.0 where many other big devices can't even guess the chances.
@osas514, thanks for this awesome ROM.

erryday

Jan 2, 2016
Toronto
I did a clean install and got stuck at the cyanogen head boot screen forever. I did a clean install of cm13 1012 and same thing happened. I had to go back to cm13 0912
I use twrp

Edit: problem solved! do NOT wipe system, just wipe dalvik, cache, and data.

Awesome ROM!

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2013
FAQ
A:Goto settings-about device and tap on build number 7 times to enable developer option.. Goto developer option Root access and select apps and adb then flash Superuser
Q:Since screenshot are blank with the default key combo how can i take screenshot?

Nice dud.....???

sai milind

May 16, 2015
MUMBAI
Nice job @osas514, well done, although I already knew you had compiled and made cm14 well before but I had really like others to know that what Osas and devs like me are doing isn't quite so easy job, I know u may have gone through many guides n stuff about compiling ROMs but that's just basic of what goes on into compiling a ROM, the amount of time and patience required to develop a ROM is quite a lot specially when u face errors while compiling, so hearty thanks to Osas for bringing cm and huge shout out to @GHsR for making the device tree and kernel of grand compatible with Nougat, soon expect other custom ROMs from my side too(if time permits)!!!!:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED AND WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED.. CONSIDER SWITCHING TO CM14.1

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.0 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device..

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod https://github.com/CyanogenMod

Device-specific source code for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos are available from https://github.com/Osas514/android_device_samsung_i9082 and kernel tree https://github.com/Osas514/android_kernel_samsung_i9082/tree/cm-14.0
    Compatibilitiy Patches:https://github.com/ghsr/build_tools/tree/cm-14.0/patches

Downloads
    ROM:https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=121821
    Gapps: http://opengapps.org

What works?
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    RIL (Calls, SMS, Mobile Data)
    Sensors (Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Proximity, etc.)
    Video (playback only)
    Audio playback(buggy)
    GPS
    Everything else not listed under "known issues"

Known Issues
    Sometimes wake up causes music stutter
    Does not work on 4.1 stock ROM's bootloader, please upgrade to stock 4.2 before flashing
    Camera(Trying to fix it breaks sound)
    Selinux is in permissive mode
    com.android.mtp crashes sometimes, but MTP works.
    Screenshots are blank (Will be fixed, when there's proper fix for it). Adding it causes random reboots
    Browser (webview): Video playback doesn't work properly. Use Chrome browser for properly working video playback.
    Microphone does not work on certain apps
    Sound recording

Changelog
    2016-10-10: initial alpha release
    2016-10-17: Fixed browser fc
    Fixed power menu fc
    Partially fix camera but still buggy
    Updated CM sources
    2016-10-23 update
    - Microphone Fixed
    - freezing issue fixed
    - random reboot fixed
    - camera almost fixed just taking time for opening bt video recording still not working (no freezing with camera app)
    -Hotspot fixed
    Shout-out to @GHsR for updating the patches

Additionally, Dual SIM has the following limitations (once they work):
    Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
    "Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled

Installation
    Make a backup!
    If you were on CM 10.1 or a stock ROM prior to 4.2, upgrade to stock 4.2 first.
    Install ClockworkMod recovery with SELinux support. Older CWM will result in a "status 7" error.
    Reboot into recovery
    If you are using a recovery which mounts /system on boot, unmount it before installing
    Wipe data if coming from stock or other ROMs (You may get a "status 7" error if you fail to wipe.)
    Install the ROM
    Optionally install the Google Apps Addon (In Marshmallow, you MUST flash gapps before booting into the system for the first time or else the proper permissions will not be granted resulting in Setup Wizard crash. If you experience the crash, you will need to do a factory reset.)

To upgrade to a newer build, simply flash the zip. There's no need for data wipe or flashing Google Apps again. (However, if you are experiencing strange issues, you may want to try a wipe.)

Credits
    CyanogenMod team @pawitp - for patches @GHsR for updated device tree and kernel tree

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand duos, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082

Contributors
    osas514
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.2.2
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-10-23

Created 2016-10-13
    Last Updated 2017-01-27
    FAQ
    Q:E:unknown command [log] while flashing rom?
    Use this recovery
    Note:
    1.SELinux is set to permissive until all the important functions gets fixed.
    Audio won't work if SELinux is set to enforcing, because libSamsung_Resampler.so have text relocations.
    2.Some CM features are not fully working so please do not spam the thread with this since it is not fully ready yet
    3.Do not report bugs already listed in the known issues
    4. This is not an error free build.. you have been warned
    5. NO ETA RELATED QUESTIONS.
    6. DON'T I MEAN DON'T EVER QUOTE THE OP JUST TO WRITE OUT THREE LINES
    A new build is up 2016-10-17
    Fixed browser fc
    Fixed power menu option fc
    Fixed screen recorder
    Partially fix camera problem but it is still very buggy

Dunno what is causing the device freezing issue..
    Microphone is still very buggy on certain apps like Whatsapp
    2016-10-23 update
    - Microphone Fixed
    - freezing issue fixed
    - random reboot fixed
    -Hotspot fixed
    -Whatsapp voice note is now working on this build too..
    Shout-out to @GHsR for updating the patches and my trusted tester

Recommended gapps for this build-Nano gapps from open gappsLink

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk