Post your Battery life!!!

Search This thread

FalconFX

Dec 8, 2013
How did you remove the Aod update and oculus? Did you use an app or just looked for them?

To uninstall AOD, just go to the app manager and find it, then click on it, in top right corner you will find "More" click on it, there will be the Uninstall update.

Same for oculus, just find it in app manager and uninstall it like any other app. And i Force stopped the GearVR process same way.

Reactions: philipone69

philipone69

Mar 7, 2016
Bucharest
To uninstall AOD, just go to the app manager and find it, then click on it, in top right corner you will find "More" click on it, there will be the Uninstall update.

Same for oculus, just find it in app manager and uninstall it like any other app. And i Force stopped the GearVR process same way.
Thanks. Did it. Now i'll just wait and see what's goind on :)

Last edited:
Reactions: FalconFX

philipone69

Mar 7, 2016
Bucharest
Ok guys. I just uninstalled what FalconFX told me. My phone is back in business. Thanks A LOT FalconFX! It looks like oculus and AOD update went nuts on the battery. ? Still having android system pretty high but much improved overall.
This is my battery now. AMAZING.
374d8df893670a7e35cb60c3ad104600.jpg
6ad9fc0354b51df2140e2557e979c0cb.jpg
f90bc633d6b9957f24265a6fe57d5f29.jpg

jean0927

Dec 23, 2012
Stock Modified Rom [BPIF] + Systemless Xposed & Root [Magisk v8] + Custom Kernel [SuperStock Kernel v1.4]

(Amplify + Greenify + Powernap + Better Battery Saver)

Screenshot_20160925_101242.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160925-101242.png
    Screenshot_20160925-101242.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

FalconFX

Dec 8, 2013
Ok guys. I just uninstalled what FalconFX told me. My phone is back in business. Thanks A LOT FalconFX! It looks like oculus and AOD update went nuts on the battery. Still having android system pretty high but much improved overall.
This is my battery now. AMAZING.
374d8df893670a7e35cb60c3ad104600.jpg
6ad9fc0354b51df2140e2557e979c0cb.jpg
f90bc633d6b9957f24265a6fe57d5f29.jpg

Happy to know it works. If you use slightly lower brightness you will get more SoT.

My conclusion is that AOD even when disabled somehow stays active as a process and drains battery. So if it works for you. I hope others will take the time to try this solution out.

Reactions: philipone69

philipone69

Mar 7, 2016
Bucharest
I don't use AOD at all. It works all right but i don't need it. I'm not a fan of rooting either. Only once i needed waranty for my old s6 witch was rooted. They instantly cancelled my warranty and ended up with with a paper wieght. So i'm doing whatever i can do without root.

tuk1maar

Feb 21, 2010
Stock Modified Rom [BPIF] + Systemless Xposed & Root [Magisk v8] + Custom Kernel [SuperStock Kernel v1.4]

(Amplify + Greenify + Powernap + Better Battery Saver)

Screenshot_20160925_101242.png

Very impressive! Mind showing us how your standby has been?
My gf only has been getting SOT like that with about the same mAh count. I myself only get ~1100mAh on a full day on APC8 (BasicPlus 4.2 + dualspeakermod, nothing else!). But that's with AOD DISABLED, and mostly on 4G+ with which I also commute by train to university (about 2 hours a day in the train).

Reactions: cavags5

philipone69

Mar 7, 2016
Bucharest
Happy to know it works. If you use slightly lower brightness you will get more SoT.

My conclusion is that AOD even when disabled somehow stays active as a process and drains battery. So if it works for you. I hope others will take the time to try this solution out.

I get 7+ hours by actually using the phone as intended: facebook a lot, whatsapp, tapatalk app, 4g on, wifi on all the time, some light gaming (Plants vs zombies :))), brightness 50% on auto, bluetooth on 100% syncing with my Mi band 2. I'm not going to compromise. That's why i said i got my battery life back. Looks like BPHJ is the new king for me. ☺

cavags5

May 15, 2015
Beach
How you do this? Flash APC8 XSA firmware and after that you come back to download mode and with Odin flash APF2 XSA CSC? or when flashing APC8 in the CSC you just put the APF2?
I flash the 4 files together.
3 from APC8 with the APF2 CSC.
This way don't get any updates, its what I want.
And i was reading what you posted other thread, and don't flash BP CSC into APC8, its new and far from APC8, i try it and get errors and some reboots.
So far i try it APF2 and APGH work fine. BPHC does not. This all XSA.

Last edited:

IOmega666

Apr 26, 2009
I flash the 4 files together.
3 from APC8 with the APF2 CSC.
This way don't get any updates, its what I want.
And i was reading what you posted other thread, and don't flash BP CSC into APC8, its new and far from APC8, i try it and get errors and some reboots.
So far i try it APF2 and APGH work fine. BPHC does not. This all XSA.

What I did was flash 3 files from APC8, BL, AP and CP, and used the HOME_CSC of APF2 also tried with CSC APF2, not the HOME one, and failed to update. I flashed BPH6 just to try 'cause after the FAIL in Odin the phone didn't star so I had to do something.

So, now that I'm on BPH6, I can just flash the 3 files from APC8 and APF2 CSC, that's right?

jean0927

Dec 23, 2012
Can you share the rest of the screenshot s
Thanks

can you be more specific about "rests of the screenshots" :) is it the android system, cell standby etc:confused: if its yes i can't, thats the only screenshot i have coz i just flash a custom rom today:D

(I only have a SOT screenshot so i can compare to it to other custom roms)

BTW is your phone rooted? if yes try my setup;) sorry i already flash a a custom rom when i saw your reply:(

Very impressive! Mind showing us how your standby has been?
My gf only has been getting SOT like that with about the same mAh count. I myself only get ~1100mAh on a full day on APC8 (BasicPlus 4.2 + dualspeakermod, nothing else!). But that's with AOD DISABLED, and mostly on 4G+ with which I also commute by train to university (about 2 hours a day in the train).

sorry i forgot to get a screenshot:eek: right now im trying a N7 port rom:)

what is your gf's setup:confused:

well i only use my social apps (fb, messenger, twitter & insta) it usually takes 1-2 whole days of usage, sometimes when im playing games (to be exact pokemon go only) it usually takes almost 1 whole day straight:D

when im not using my phone, most of my apps & system apps are greenified (hibernated) to extend battery life (to prevent battery and memory consumption), BTW my AOD is not disabled ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, please stop dreaming about unbelivable SOT time which people are getting on their phones. From my experience this phone in normal use will get not more than 5/5.5h of SOT. It's not super phone with very big battery. You have powerful cpu and gpu, very bright qhd screen. What's normal SOT for such hardware. I came frome nexus 6p, while I was getting 4-5h SOT someone was getting unbelivable 8h. Of course if you will turn down everything and will lower your brightnes maybe you will get that SOT. But don't be so naive. I had many phones in past year iphone 6, 6+, lg g4, s6, s6 edge+, oneplus x, nexus 6p and those are from 2015 year only. All of them were getting from 3h SOT to 5h SOT. Best battery I was getting from iphone 6+ and nexus 6p. But I had never even close to all that incredible 8 or 10 or 11h of SOT. You just can't get that time if you are using your phone as normal people will use it. My usual configuration to all phones was turning off all apps which I don't need and that's all. Normal usage for me is email, wifi/mobile network is connected for 12/16h a day, some photo, sms and calls. I will see if battery will improve within this week but as I said earlier I don't think that I will be getting more than 5/5.5h of SOT. And in my opinion this will be enough for most people including me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    My battery usage is very good now because I just hide the battery percentage and denied my mind from thinking about the battery
    http://www.andreagaleazzi.com/2016/02/samsung-galaxy-s7-test-live-batteria.html

About 15hrs+ of heavyish usage. 4hr 51mins of Screen On Time. Over 2hrs of talk time. 11% left. Not bad at all!
    i would be more worried of screen burn-in then to show off in this topic
    Here's mine first charge.