Lock screen - Dual clock removal

Search This thread

lamepsycho

Feb 21, 2015
Quetta
recently updated my F800L to android Pie OTA and now the quick shortcut maker app won't work , running Roaming Clock Settings goves this message " You can not launch this activity from app because it requires additional permissions to launch" it used to run fine on previous versions of android. How do I achieve required permissions to run this activity? any idea?

EcPercy

Jan 4, 2011
Yes. You can download a program called QuickShortcutMaker from the play store. Open the program and change it to normal search. Select the "activities" area. Search for "roaming" and expand the category. You will want to click on the one that says "Roaming clock settings" and click create. Once done open the shortcut and uncheck "Use roaming dual-clock"

reycat

Sep 14, 2007
Yes. You can download a program called QuickShortcutMaker from the play store. Open the program and change it to normal search. Select the "activities" area. Search for "roaming" and expand the category. You will want to click on the one that says "Roaming clock settings" and click create. Once done open the shortcut and uncheck "Use roaming dual-clock"

Awesome! Thanks a lot.

ixman

Oct 30, 2007
Hi,

I have the Korean version F800S and for me QuickShortcutMaker doesn't work. The dual screen is still there even if the roaming clock tick is unchecked. Any alternatives?

digitalmonkey

Jun 28, 2010
Ah sorry for the late reply, I downloaded LG dual clock remover from the store, it comes up device unsupported but ignore this choose 'uncheck both' and you'll be presented with the menu anyway. Works a treat.

kvskp

Nov 3, 2016
Hi,
I too have the same model (F800S) and I am also in the same boat. Despite multiple attempts, restarts, it still doesn't work. Looks like SK telecom have a hard coded setting deep inside there. I installed Secret Master Lite and there are indeed some menu options that are tinkered by the carrier, which can only be changed with the root (su) access. I have not yet rooted by phone and I am now contemplating it. I am kind of a newbie and don't want to end up with an expensive paper weight. Hence, not even attempting to root for now.

ixman

Oct 30, 2007
Hi,
I too have the same model (F800S) and I am also in the same boat. Despite multiple attempts, restarts, it still doesn't work. Looks like SK telecom have a hard coded setting deep inside there. I installed Secret Master Lite and there are indeed some menu options that are tinkered by the carrier, which can only be changed with the root (su) access. I have not yet rooted by phone and I am now contemplating it. I am kind of a newbie and don't want to end up with an expensive paper weight. Hence, not even attempting to root for now.

Yes, the SK telecom F800S model is highly customized for Korean market. I think we're kind of stuck until a reasonably safe root method comes up.

kvskp

Nov 3, 2016
Hi

Any help from any Pros is highly appreciated, specifically for F800S.

Regards

EddyDollar

Jun 7, 2018
Remove dual lockscreen on lg v20 f800s

Download QuickShortcutMaker
Search under ACTIVITIES the keyword "KT"
Click open 'Roaming' and then click on 'Roaming KT Roaming Test'
Create shortcut and open the shortcut
Check 'RAD TEST'
Turn off WiFi while keeping Data on, check the mobile signal strength icon now appears with a letter 'R'
Go Settings - Date & Time
The originally grey-out 'Roaming dual clock' item now becomes black and clickable.
Click to Disable the roaming dual clock.
Uncheck 'RAD TEST'
Turn on the Airplane mode, then off again to remove the 'R' status.
Now the phone works like before with the lockscreen showing only one clock.

Ive tried and it's working

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remove dual lockscreen on lg v20 f800s

Download QuickShortcutMaker
    Search under ACTIVITIES the keyword "KT"
    Click open 'Roaming' and then click on 'Roaming KT Roaming Test'
    Create shortcut and open the shortcut
    Check 'RAD TEST'
    Turn off WiFi while keeping Data on, check the mobile signal strength icon now appears with a letter 'R'
    Go Settings - Date & Time
    The originally grey-out 'Roaming dual clock' item now becomes black and clickable.
    Click to Disable the roaming dual clock.
    Uncheck 'RAD TEST'
    Turn on the Airplane mode, then off again to remove the 'R' status.
    Now the phone works like before with the lockscreen showing only one clock.

Ive tried and it's working
    On my Korean version F800K I have used this and it works!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=monsita.dualclockremover

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have the F800S and is not working. Not sure if it's related but my phone keeps saying that I'm roaming even if I have a UK sim card. I'm based in UK. Will try to do a factory reset.