[ROMS] 24/Jun - FRF83 Stock / Rooted / Deodex / Superboot repacks

Search This thread

cangri87

Dec 4, 2007
The OC - Saint City
works like a charm, flashed successfully.
but i see it still has the double swipe glitch.
when the 1st time u power on screen u have to swipe twice before it moves to next screen. Not that its Pauls fault but googles.

joshlusignan

Oct 13, 2008
Edmonton
when the 1st time u power on screen u have to swipe twice before it moves to next screen. Not that its Pauls fault but googles.

I dont know why, but after I installed and started using ADW Launcher I never had that problem again. Now I haven't flashed FRF83 yet, so not entirely sure about that build.

Arcarsenal

edit: i'm silly. To get Busybox, run Titanium Backup, hit "problems" and then hit "yes do it" Then you're back in business.
------

For those of you wondering there is NO busybox included on the "FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app update zip" which I guess makes sense since it's clearly not listed.

I can not restore from Titanium Backup without it, which kinda sucks a lot. Just a word of warning to you.

Last edited:

remifr

Apr 8, 2008
I've downloaded FRF83-update-nexusone-stock-signed but am getting an error while verifying the update package saying 'failed to verify whole-file signature'

I've not rooted my nexus one but updated to stock 2.1 from a zip on this site.
Phone status:

Firmware : 2.1-update1
Baseband version : 32.24.00.22U_4.03.00.21_2
Kernel version : 2.6.29-01117-g4bc62c2
Build number : ERE27

Also, when i try to check for updates, it says my phone is up to date.

Anyone have any ideas?

Same error for me.
ERE27 2.1-update1
with FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app update zip
unlocked/rooted superuser, stock ROM, stock recovery

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
Is it true that DEODEXed ROMs take more space on the system partition?
I tried installing the DEODEXed ROM first (upgraded from FRF50) but then I found out that I lost a lot of space in my system partition.
Then I tried installing the ODEX version but I didn't get any space back.

I tried searching the forums and teh Internets, no luck so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Deodexed roms take more space, yes. It's marginal and surely you don't have a space constraint on /system ?!?!?

remifr

Apr 8, 2008
Which update should I download to update from stock ROM rooted ERE27 to FRF83, superuser, unlocked ? (no AmonRA)

dvlee

Aug 20, 2008
I installed "FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app + deodexed update zip" and got the error "insufficient phone memory", so I restore my FRF50 image and install this one "FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app update zip". But only 50+ mb phone memory. After wipe, only 180+ mb phone memory. how to get back those phone memory? Thanks.

FRF83, the 'official OTA'of Froyo has hit the airwaves, so i've repacked it for my own purposes in various forms, and also uploaded for anyone who wants them.
  • FRF83 stock unrooted update zip - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 61f338eb188764c484c6a24531415901
  • FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app update zip - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 3795ad3a6cdba56cd9001a24da677539
  • FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app + deodexed update zip - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: fa3c9757320b9d08fbce619a5c421509
  • FRF83 Superboot - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: c78d774b34dfde1e0ab6d0a90b9fcdc3
  • FRF83 Insecure boot image only - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 638605cbc71a7edc4cdde2694ebb51fa
Enjoy! :)

Updates and info in this MoDaCo topic.

P

apollostees

Oct 22, 2009
Atlanta
I installed "FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app + deodexed update zip" and got the error "insufficient phone memory", so I restore my FRF50 image and install this one "FRF83 stock rooted + insecure + ChainsDD's Superuser app update zip". But only 50+ mb phone memory. After wipe, only 180+ mb phone memory. how to get back those phone memory? Thanks.

Same here I went from having 70MB to 30MB on the deodexed version. What did we do wrong?Anyway thanks for the hard work Paul.

djmcnz

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 13, 2009
Auckland, NZ
OnePlus 8
Google Pixel 8
I'm not sure this thread is actively supported, you may need to head over to Paul's site.

What file system are you measuring space on and by what method?

You all need to be way more descriptive for people to help you.

The links in the first post don't put anything on /data and you shouldn't be concerned about /system (as long as the rom fits).

You can see why it might be difficult for us to help with the information you have provided.

apollostees

Oct 22, 2009
Atlanta
What I mean is my internal memory, which I use to store apps has dropped from roughly 70MB to 30MB. I was on a Cyanogen stock rooted version on FRF50 and flashed Paul's deodexed repack of FRF83. Now I'm down to about 30MB.

I did not wipe first. Could this be the issue? Thanks for the help.

FYI I am measuring my space by quick app cache cleaner and mini info

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I dont know why, but after I installed and started using ADW Launcher I never had that problem again. Now I haven't flashed FRF83 yet, so not entirely sure about that build.