[ROM][N6][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

swpark

Aug 28, 2007
Portland, OR
I have the latest (10/25) installed, and tried to disable the vibration when I have notification. Settings -> Notifications -> All Apps -> choose an app, I don't find the option to disable vibartion only.
I search for more than 10 mins, but can't find the resolution. I would like to have notification only with sound (no vibration). Would you help me out?

swarls

Jul 24, 2013
I have the latest (10/25) installed, and tried to disable the vibration when I have notification. Settings -> Notifications -> All Apps -> choose an app, I don't find the option to disable vibartion only.
I search for more than 10 mins, but can't find the resolution. I would like to have notification only with sound (no vibration). Would you help me out?

Try the settings inside the app, most allow to modify the notification behavior.

Reactions: swpark

swpark

Aug 28, 2007
Portland, OR
Try the settings inside the app, most allow to modify the notification behavior.
1477583206203.jpg

This is what I got from settings - apps - notifications. When using "show silently" enabled, it just displays the notification without sound/vibration. wonder if I can separate the sound and vibration.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

Crossover12

Feb 25, 2011
Is there anyway to change the speed of the touch screen? The touch screen is so sensitive that i barely touch an app and it opens by itself. I haven't flashed and custom kernel, and no theme installed.
Thanks in advance

bitemeoftn

Feb 2, 2011

Settings/notifications/click app you want to change ex. messenger/click gear icon at top right/uncheck vibrate/profit :) it's a bit more steps than previously suggested, but if you have multiple apps you want to disable vibration on, then this may be easier.

Moritzio

Nov 19, 2008
I get your point but Reading Posts 1 and 2 are not reading the whole thread.

By the time I'm writing this it's probably not an issue, but it will be again and again.

Google search rarely directs you to what your looking for, at least in my experience, in XDA related topics. XDA search is the worst there is, well, all web pages search tools just turns out a Google search, which again, won't really help.

I'm not defending anyone. I always try to read as much as I can, and I rarely ask in any thread because all I will get is a "Google is your best friend" kinda crap, so I learned a lot of time ago not to ask.

I started with an HTC hd2 and in those forums, even with how complicated is to deal with a custom bootloader and how easy is to brick and so forth, devs and users alike got riled up with "questions that have been answered".

But honestly, beanstown threads always have thousands of off topic and non-dev related questions, so I don't really get why a lot of people keep trying to be smartasses and make others feel like they are doing something wrong when since the beginning this thread does not comply to XDA rules. I remember his s5 thread and it was the same thing.

My advice to "noobs" and "lazy" people is never ask. Read the op. And try and read as much as possible. And good luck. If at the end you still need to ask, be prepared for the rainstorm of crap from the "better" people here.

I for once, if don't feel like answering a repeatedly asked question, just don't do it.

It takes relatively the same time to type "use Google search" than (insert link here) usually or produce a helpful answer.

Just because some people spend all their time here doesn't mean other people do. It's not easy to comb through 30K plus posts, most of them useless to find your answer.

Don't get me wrong, what the guy (or gal) was asking is answered in op, I understand, but if your not answering him (or her) don't contribute to cluttering what it's already a cluttered thread.

This are not my 2 cents cause I'm not helping anyone. I don't care for that. I don't want to be helpful just like most "use Google" posts.

A lot more off topic, but have you seen how all your recent posts are not helpful but trying to shame people for not reading the whole thread?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bitemeoftn

Feb 2, 2011
I finally got the always on switch to stick! Unfortunately saying OK Google does nothing at all now lol. Back to the drawing board. I'll get this figured out eventually.

Reactions: jon.s.nelson

coolpoete

Hey guys, one of my favorite hacks was to make the desktop mode permanent on Google Chrome. This worked well on the Marshmallow Roms but now it's not working in Nougat. I am using supersu root method and I can verify that I have root access but for whatever reason none of the root explorers that I've used (ES file explorer pro, Root browser and FX file explorer) are allowing me to change permissions as instructed here: http://www.guidingtech.com/assets/postimages/2012/10/Chrome-for-Android-Desktop-Mode-5.png. I tried flashing the ZIP file as instructed as well. Anyone in here use this hack with any success?

FCORivers

Dec 31, 2011
Carolina
Irrelevant. Rule 1 of this site is to search before you post. Self-reliance is rewarded, and you learned that the hard way apparently.

People coming to this site are not doing the minimum and actually searching the site before they bother to post, and the rest of the membership should not have to deal with that crap. Yet, I see time and again posts saying "why not just answer the question for little Johnny?"

Self-reliance. If you do it your damn self, it's far more rewarding than to have the answer given to you. I for one do not reward lazy behavior from morons with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement who only come to this site because they think modifying devices (i.e. root) is the in thing to do, rather than the serious business it actually is.

So it's really simple. Posters need to do their due diligence and search. If they cannot find a solution to their issue in the multitude of threads on this site, then and only then should they ask a question. If a poster cannot be bothered to read information provided in the first two posts of a thread, then they deserve all the scorn that gets heaped upon them.

They get all that scorn because all they do is look to be coddled and reassured, because they are afraid of breaking their device. News flash! There is an element of risk in everything that people do on this site. If a poster is not willing to take the risk on their own but need an experienced member to hold their hand, they don't belong here.
Completely and absolutely agree.

Having said that, I take from your reply that you missed my point.

To say it differently, what I meant was that is that those posts just add more posts, like this one, without any real development or answers, in any case, if you think the question is stupid or that has been answered, just don't reply, either they'll find answers or their next post is going to be "I messed up my phone", we all laugh, and then tell them "start from scratch".

That was all.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Moritzio

Volidon

Dec 14, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Yes this is the only thing that's annoying me a bit. It doesn't jump to 100%, more like 50%-60%.

Is this still occuring for you? After a fresh install it didn't do this since your last post but started again today. No idea what could be causing this.

To anyone else is this happening to you? Once the screen is off for a while and when you wake the phone up it jumps to 100% brightness then back down after 5 seconds or so. Ambient Display is off if that's somehow relevant and went through my apps and don't think any of them could be causing this.

So far 2 people have reported this issue, IntenseColor and me.

Last edited:

three west

Dec 28, 2009
Madison, WI
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 6
One off toppic but bad bad news. Semeon or also known @simms22 is unfortunately deceased. We have many experiences richer by this man. Just wanted to inform here because he was quite active in the toppic present. Rest in peace mate!
c7c40423485209e11d976e181e33260f.jpg
Man, that's too bad, thanks for sharing and RIP.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Y

Yoinx

Is this still occuring for you? After a fresh install it didn't do this since your last post but started again today. No idea what could be causing this.

To anyone else is this happening to you? Once the screen is off for a while and when you wake the phone up it jumps to 100% brightness then back down after 5 seconds or so. Ambient Display is off if that's somehow relevant and went through my apps and don't think any of them could be causing this.

So far 2 people have reported this issue, IntenseColor and me.

This is actually related to play services. There's a thing up about it on stock roms as well on the Google bug site. Too lazy to go find it right now though.

Blaiser47

Sep 18, 2010
Washington, DC
For those that are having trouble with ok google anywhere and or trying to get assistance working with hot word detection try this:

1) clear all data from Google app.
2) revoke microphone permissions from Google play services
4) Reboot
5) go into Google app and change language to a different English (may need to do this a few times) and try to turn on ok Google anywhere until you get the old prompt to record. You will know it did it correctly if it tells you go to a quiet place, etc...and then you hit something to begin. This is the old mm prompt. If it immediately jumps past this screen to the newer nougat white screen asking you to talk it won't work. Once you train with the old prompt it should stick!
6) reboot
7) turn back on microphone permissions to play services
8) reboot

Ok google anywhere should work.

If you want google assistant then between steps 5 and 6 do this:

5.1) edit build prop for assistant (I used play store app, get assistant)
5.2) clear ALL Google app data
5.3) reboot
5.4) clear ALL google app data again for good measure
5.5) reboot
5.6) hold home and train google a assistant
5.7) go into Google settings to make sure ok google anywhere was turned on
5.8) complete steps 7 and 8 above

Please report back if this works for you so I can confirm this wasn't a fluke. I have ok anywhere with assistant and hot word detection running perfectly. I am thinking it has something to do with a conflict between play services and the google app handling the hot word detection for Google now vs assistant. If this regularly works, maybe it will give someone smarter than me an idea of how to find a real fix.

Edit: this is on clean flash of 10.25.16 build and full dynamic gapps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][N6][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17]

QNtLLPxh.png

The Pure Nexus Project

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    The Pure Nexus Project aims to bring stability and features to your Nexus device, while keeping Google's vision in line and not straying too far away from that. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features and minimal bugs, then this is the place to be.

Features:
    Code:
    [COLOR="#1976D2"]-General[/COLOR]
    *All stock Nexus features working!!(WiFi calling, Project Fi, VoLte)
    *Based on AOSP Android 7.1.2_r24
    *Busybox, and Init.d support
    *Googles Pixel sounds and OEM wallpapers from factory images
    *Googles Pixel theme and Pixel navbar animation
    *Bug fix's and stability improvements
    *UI Improvements (fixed a bunch google forgot to materialize)
    *Rootless Substratum OMS Theme Engine support
    *ADB enhancements (ADB over wifi, Hide ADB icon, colored logcat "abd logcat -C")
    *Enabled Developer settings by default
    *Enabled Night mode for all devices
    *Enabled App ops
    *Custom night light brightness options
    *Disabled forced encryption
    *Disabled tether provision checks
    *Made preselectable item clickable in app picker dialog
    *Added download speed in notification
    *Added Advanced Reboot menu
    *Added Advanced screenshot functionality (longpress tile/power menu for selectable screenshot)
    *Added back volume adjust sounds and toggle
    *Added advanced rotation control and lockscreen rotation toggle
    *Added ability to lock app in landscape via rotation tile
    *Added advanced charging sound controls
    *Added advanced seekbar style animation controls
    *Added Quick setting header Longpress actions
    *Added ability to see app version when sideloading app
    *Added app package name to app info screen
    *Added ability to launch app when touching app icon in app info screen
    *Added phone info shortcut to about phone/status on top
    *Added dynamic vendor image notification
    *Added additional battery saver trigger steps
    *Added ability to unlink notification volume from ringer volume
    *Added Increasing ringtone option
    *Added Proximity Speakerphone and dialer lookup
    *Added Group support in contacts
    *Removed googles SystemUpdate option
    *Removed googles legal information

[COLOR="#1976D2"]-PureNexus Settings[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="red"]Lock Screen[/COLOR]
    *Lockscreen item option(time, date, alarm text toggles & Clock font style)
    *Double tap anywhere to sleep
    *Long press power for torch
    *Option to disable lockscreen media art
    *Option to scramble the pin entry layout
    *Option to disable the pin ripple background when entering lockscren pin
    *Option to disable fingerprint success vibration
    [COLOR="red"]Notification Drawer[/COLOR]
    *quick settings pulldown (left,right,always)
    *smart pulldown (no ongoing, no dismissable, no notifications)
    *advanced quick settings easy toggle
    *Brightness slider on/off toggle
    *Haptic feedback on quick setting on/off toggle
    *ability to disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
    *ability to disable the quick settings title text
    *ability to change number of quick settings columns
    *ability to change the amount of rows in quick settings
    *ability to set contexual or custom header images
    [COLOR="red"]Recent apps[/COLOR]
    *immersive recents
    *kill all fab
    *kill all fab location
    [COLOR="red"]Statusbar[/COLOR]
    *Battery customization(percentage/icon style)
    *sync battery icon with quick settings tile
    *Battery bar options(location, color, style, thickness, animation)
    *Carrier Label customization(placement, text)
    *Clock customization(show clock, show seconds, alignment, ampm, date, date style, date position, date format)
    *Network traffic meter options(enable, display units, update interval, hide arrows, auto hide, inactivity threshold)
    *Statusbar icon blacklist
    *Double tap on statusbar to sleep
    *Status bar brightness control
    *Status bar notification count
    *Status bar bluetooth battery meter toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Navigation Bar[/COLOR]
    *Navbar toggle and Height/width options
    *Navigation bar tuner
    *Pixel navbar animation toggle
    *Ability to enable one handed mode
    *Ability to enabe double tap to sleep
    *longpress back to kill
    *configurable longpress back to kill timeout
    [COLOR="red"]PowerMenu[/COLOR]
    *Option to disable on secure lock
    *Add/remove (reboot, screenshot, screen-record, torch, airplane mode, user switcher,settings shortcut, search, voice search, lock now, sound panel)
    [COLOR="red"]Volume Rocker[/COLOR]
    *Volume keys control media volume
    *Volume key wake
    *Volume key music control
    *Volume key orientation swap
    *Volume key keyboard cursor control
    *Volume up and power action (screen record/selectable screenshot)
    *Volume down to enter do not disturb
    *Volume up to exit do not disturb
    *Do not disturb volume panel switch
    *Volume steps customization
    [COLOR="red"]Display[/COLOR]
    *expanded desktop options
    *option to enable/disable wake on plug
    *3 finger swipe for screenshot toggle
    *Battery and Notification LED controls
    [COLOR="red"]Media & Notifications[/COLOR]
    *Ability to turn off vibration when double tapping power button for camera
    *Power notification controls
    *Peeking notification option(on/off, timeout, snooze length)
    *low battery notification toggle
    [COLOR="red"]Miscellaneous[/COLOR]
    *ability to enable app icon on toast
    *force enable or disable scrolling cache
    *incall vibration options

Downloads & Changelog:

Credits & Thanks:

The Cheeky Bastards - Bajasur, Dwitherell, DaveyAnnihalation, Surge1223!!!
    The PureNexus Moderators - MicMars, Kris Nelson, Nathan Chance
    The PureNexus Beta and Themer groups
    The CyanogenMod Community
    Dirty Unicorns
    SlimRoms
    OmniRom
    Euphoria-OS
    And all other open source Devs/Teams i may have missed!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][N6][7.1.2_r24]★ Pure Nexus ★ Substratum | Fi | WiFi Calling ★[07/25/17], ROM for the Nexus 6

Contributors
    BeansTown106, dwitherell
    Source Code: https://github.com/PureNexusProject

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-07-25

Created 2015-07-02
    Last Updated 2017-07-26
    Useful Links:
    Detailed Installation instructions (By @nathanchance) http://goo.gl/B1XUru
    Frequently Asked Questions (By @nathanchance) http://goo.gl/BdzZaH
    PureNexus User Signatures (By @malybru) http://goo.gl/eBJwEK
    Well after a bit of an absence while rebuilding the rom from scratch for 7.0 i am finally pleased to announce the return of PureNexus!!

a couple things to note:
    *not all mods from marshmallow will be in the first build so be patient as i add your favorite mods, etc!
    *as of right now the rom only has substratum legacy support. will update to full blown substratum as the stability increases for N!
    *changelog doesnt display anything for this first build as all changes are listed on github/xda op, changelog will be back next release!

ok, Lets get to the goodies!!

10/10 PureNexus Shamu Update is Live!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224383877

Updated Gapps Download: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224383656

As always if you like my work dont forget to hit that thanks button.
    Donations are always appreciated but never required, I am only posting the link for convenience, Donate link
    New 7.1.1 Build!! this is a huge release a ton of changes and fixs made it into this one

fyi the thread is kind of a mess imo since the rebase last build, i will be giving it a makover after release

OK, Lets get to the goodies!!

01/06 Pure Nexus Shamu Update is Live!!!

Download Link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224410780

Gapps Download: https://goo.gl/idK1eL

Gapps XDA thread: http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-dynamic-gapps-t3487192

Dont forget to check the changelog Changelog!!

As always if you like my work dont forget to hit that thanks button.
    Donations are always appreciated but never required, I am only posting the link for convenience, Donate link