Moto z play stock firmware

Search This thread

henhida

Nov 21, 2012
Last edited:

m0han

I am from India and I have the unlocked Moto Z Play dual sim. I want to upload the stock firmware but I do not know how to do it. .....
maybe you can boot twrp, make a full nandroid backup (after doing a factory reset) and upload that. not sure how useful that would be for non-india users. btw, have you rooted the device? see my previous post and reply. thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

need an opinion. which is better/recommended - oneplus 3 or moto z play? oneplus 3 is miles ahead as far as development goes, i suppose.

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
there's no dual sim firmware,

yes i heard that trick work on Moto X play, but as i know firstly must flash the dual sim firmware

wht motorola/lenovo not release the dual sim firmware :(:(:(
the apac one is for dual
ive got dual sim variant
with apac firmware
unfortunately, I could success to unlock the single sim variant but fail to flash any firmware except eu firmware

something123

Sep 6, 2016
is there anything that makes this phone harder to develop roms for? like the moto mods or dual sim

or is it a safe bet that it will have custom roms in the next few years?

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161030-003713.png
    Screenshot_20161030-003713.png
    136.4 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

amit000in

May 22, 2014
Im waiting for someone to upload the Indian Firmware before i start messing around with it. At the moment its just unlocked.

Here is the dual sim Firmware for Moto Z Play both r the dual sim firmware 2nd one is for indian ver

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/addison/official/RETASIA/

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

yup in this link folder both R the dual sim versions ... i have dual sim indian Ver moto Z play XT1635-02 tried flashing both
one by one ..successfully working dual sim confirmed

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Any chance of getting the India firmware?

Thanks

its RETASIA for indian version

Reactions: hmnk

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
Here is the dual sim Firmware for Moto Z Play both r the dual sim firmware 2nd one is for indian ver

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

yup in this link folder both R the dual sim versions ... i have dual sim indian Ver moto Z play XT1635-02 tried flashing both

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

its RETASIA for indian version

ive flash the apac into eu, no luck for dualsim atm

jon7701

Aug 4, 2012
Still waiting on RETUS firmware so I can reflash my modem and regain data. Checked motorolas stock images and they still havent posted it yet.

henhida

Nov 21, 2012

i dont think so
i have tryed flash the APAC and not working dual sim, the phone only show single sim

not try the Asia version yet, since the firmware have no "DS" code on the tittle, i think not dual sim firmware

now only waiting some one really pull the firmware from the Moto Z Play Dual Sim, or waiting someone share custom rom for Moto Z Play

uberano26

Aug 24, 2011
Moto Z Play
i dont think so
i have tryed flash the APAC and not working dual sim, the phone only show single sim

not try the Asia version yet, since the firmware have no "DS" code on the tittle, i think not dual sim firmware

now only waiting some one really pull the firmware from the Moto Z Play Dual Sim, or waiting someone share custom rom for Moto Z Play

I flashed the one mentioned as Indian firmware and yes both of my sim are detected and running fine.

fedor32

Aug 19, 2008
Does anyone know when the USA Unlocked Version Stock Firmware is coming? I tried rooting it and got stuck in a boot loop. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
i dont think so

apac with dsds

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

i dont think so

and there is 1635-03 custom rom from china forum, I will try this week into my eu z play

Reactions: AxlAndr3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mod edit: All links to a not on XDA accepted filehost removed although they were broken anyway. Regards Oswald Boelcke
    Sorry for being a bit OT. Just wanted to share my androidfilehost folder where I've uploaded a couple of OTAs I got, so that you can sideload them if needed. In their description you can find in which version you need to be to be able to apply them. My base firmware is the reteu one but they may work on others too I think. "Enjoy"
    I am from India and I have the unlocked Moto Z Play dual sim. I want to upload the stock firmware but I do not know how to do it. Can anyone guide me? I am willing to upload it. I know how to use adb and fastboot and have played with custom roms a lot on OPO.

To make image files you have to unlock your bootloader, install TWRP and then from TWRP you use
    Code:
    adb shell
    After that use
    Code:
    ls /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name
    which will tell you all of the partitions on the device. Then you can use dd to make image files. Example
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img
    would make a .img file of the boot partition to your phones internal storage. Some files people usually dump as .bin files though, such as logo.bin which is the logo you see when you boot the phone and NON-HLOS.bin which is the modem. Taken from Motorola's website these seem to be the partitions that are needed.
    Code:
    $ fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    $ fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
    $ fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    $ fastboot flash boot boot.img
    $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    $ fastboot flash system system.img
    $ fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    $ fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    It also says whether the files should be a .bin or .img. I have no idea how to get gpt.bin, maybe someone else will be able to explain that part. motoboot might be aboot (or bootloader), but im not sure.
    Note to everyone: Do not run those above fastboot commands unless you know what you're doing or want a $450 paper weight. They are for reference on what we need to get stock images.
    Also make 100% sure you do not get the input file and output file mixed up.

I'm not an expert and search engines are your friend, I recommend doing some research.
    I checked the EU firmware (mirror found on Google at here btw - fast DL, hashes match), and the baseband version is the same as I got in my dual sim phone. Depending on your region, it should be OK.
    Still waiting on RETUS firmware so I can reflash my modem and regain data. Checked motorolas stock images and they still havent posted it yet.

This aint it?

https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/addison/official/RETUS/