[ROM] Gedeon v2.1 for Zuk Z2 Pro [MM 6.0.1]

Search This thread

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Hi, I build a ROM few days ago for this device based on official stock.

Main features:
- 100% Based on the latest official stock (ZUI_2.3.044ST).
- Removed system applications and Chinese apps do not consider essential.
- Play Store and minimum gapps already integrated.
- English Language and European time zone set from the first screen.
- Root, SuperSU and busybox added.
- Vega Music app preinstalled as music player.
- AdAway tool ready to play.
- Utility to lock screen with a single press (Lock).
- Speaker and headphones volumes increased.
- Other minor tweaks.

CHANGELOG:
[v2.1] (2016-11-15)
- Some apps updated and others clenaned.
- Added init.d support.
- Fixed volume increases.
- Replaced stock chinese browser by UC Browser.

[v2] (2016-10-22)
- Update to stock firmware ZUI_2.3.044ST.

Some considerations:
- To install the ROM, you must have unlocked bootloader and changed the original Recovery (recommended below).
- As in the original firmware, the original languages ​​(English and Chinese) are maintained.
- Desktop icons shaded correspond to applications that are not included in this ROM, you can delete the icons or download applications directly pressing them, if interested.
- The app System Update is not removed, but is not operational with rooted/unlocked bootloader. It is useful to restart directly to Recovery.
- The security application detects Adaway tool as virus. You can ignore the warning or delete. It was downloaded directly from the official version, it's supposed to be safe.
- There are several versions of Recovery out there, which is indicated below which has been tested and has given no problems recommended. It is in Chinese / English, to start the Recovery the first time select the option to change it to English.

WARNING:
Please, first of all make a FULL Recovery backup before install.

DOWNLOADS:
LATEST ROM: ZUK_Z2_Pro_Gedeon_v2.1.zip (1,12 GB)
ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD: ZUK_Z2_Pro_Gedeon_v2.1.zip

PREVIOUS ROM: Zuk_Z2_Pro_Gedeon_v2.zip (1.12 GB)
RECOVERY RECOMMENDED: TWRP-3.0.2-20160712-ZUK_Z2_PRO-CN-wzsx150.zip (23.44 MB)

Say thanks, its free.

Last edited:

anupsnair

Jun 8, 2008
Bangalore
Yes, the are increased. Translation error fixed, sorry.

Cool, thanks, just installed this rom, pretty neat. Not been able to activate the google assistant, not your ROM fault, but tried multiple forums and still no go. :(

Edit : Figured out a way to activate the assistant, need to enable the onscreen navigation and then select the home button.

The camera is laggy and is taking time to launch and the onscreen filters in the app doesnt work as well.

Last edited:

anupsnair

Jun 8, 2008
Bangalore
Cool, thanks, just installed this rom, pretty neat. Not been able to activate the google assistant, not your ROM fault, but tried multiple forums and still no go. :(

Edit : Figured out a way to activate the assistant, need to enable the onscreen navigation and then select the home button.

The camera is laggy and is taking time to launch and the onscreen filters in the app doesnt work as well.

Edit : The camera started working after clearing the cache. Now for some reason VOLTE / HD calls arent possible, I reverted to the old backup and it seems fine there.
@recoba23, how do u go about changing the volume of the headset and speaker, is it a build.prop edit or any other steps ?

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Edit : The camera started working after clearing the cache. Now for some reason VOLTE / HD calls arent possible, I reverted to the old backup and it seems fine there.
@recoba23, how do u go about changing the volume of the headset and speaker, is it a build.prop edit or any other steps ?

Camera system and VOLTE calls options have not been modified, so they should work like the original firmware.

There are many explains and mods for change volumes, if you want to learn I recommend you take a look.

Reactions: anupsnair

RealNBB

Aug 18, 2014
Great ROM so far! Thank you very much.

But i hvae a little problem: When i try to add a digital clock widget from a third party provider (like google clock app) the app shows me after phone was in stand-by "loading" for the app and nothing happen.
What's the matter?

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
But i hvae a little problem: When i try to add a digital clock widget from a third party provider (like google clock app) the app shows me after phone was in stand-by "loading" for the app and nothing happen.
What's the matter?

I tried but doesn't happend, maybe launcher bug. Try with another launcher.

dorny

Mar 14, 2010
Who can help?
I come from MoKee-CM13-Build for Z2 Pro.
I install this TWRP and the ROM (2.1).
Ower the restart i see the ZUK-Start-Screen and over free Minutes the phone shut of.

pupsidze

May 15, 2016
Can someone please provide an alternative download link? I am constantly getting 'connection lost' and there is no possibility to resume download, so I have to start from scratch.

recoba23

Aug 6, 2010
Amazing device, more than 55 days online without reboots, crash or problems.

IMG_20170109_202849_ok.jpg

gugax10

Jun 20, 2013
Does it worth do a downgrade for 2.5 for this ROM? I don't know why I'm having problems with quick charger in the 2.5. (is it possible that a dirty flash by OTA made this?). I'm only concerned about the camera on this ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I build a ROM few days ago for this device based on official stock.

Main features:
    - 100% Based on the latest official stock (ZUI_2.3.044ST).
    - Removed system applications and Chinese apps do not consider essential.
    - Play Store and minimum gapps already integrated.
    - English Language and European time zone set from the first screen.
    - Root, SuperSU and busybox added.
    - Vega Music app preinstalled as music player.
    - AdAway tool ready to play.
    - Utility to lock screen with a single press (Lock).
    - Speaker and headphones volumes increased.
    - Other minor tweaks.

CHANGELOG:
    [v2.1] (2016-11-15)
    - Some apps updated and others clenaned.
    - Added init.d support.
    - Fixed volume increases.
    - Replaced stock chinese browser by UC Browser.

[v2] (2016-10-22)
    - Update to stock firmware ZUI_2.3.044ST.

Some considerations:
    - To install the ROM, you must have unlocked bootloader and changed the original Recovery (recommended below).
    - As in the original firmware, the original languages ​​(English and Chinese) are maintained.
    - Desktop icons shaded correspond to applications that are not included in this ROM, you can delete the icons or download applications directly pressing them, if interested.
    - The app System Update is not removed, but is not operational with rooted/unlocked bootloader. It is useful to restart directly to Recovery.
    - The security application detects Adaway tool as virus. You can ignore the warning or delete. It was downloaded directly from the official version, it's supposed to be safe.
    - There are several versions of Recovery out there, which is indicated below which has been tested and has given no problems recommended. It is in Chinese / English, to start the Recovery the first time select the option to change it to English.

WARNING:
    Please, first of all make a FULL Recovery backup before install.

DOWNLOADS:
    LATEST ROM: ZUK_Z2_Pro_Gedeon_v2.1.zip (1,12 GB)
    ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD: ZUK_Z2_Pro_Gedeon_v2.1.zip

PREVIOUS ROM: Zuk_Z2_Pro_Gedeon_v2.zip (1.12 GB)
    RECOVERY RECOMMENDED: TWRP-3.0.2-20160712-ZUK_Z2_PRO-CN-wzsx150.zip (23.44 MB)

Say thanks, its free.
    What do you mean by Speaker and headset volume uploaded? is there any changes in the volume ?
    Yes, the are increased. Translation error fixed, sorry.
    Have been using for 2 days now. Most usable ZUI so far IMO. Definitely a daily driver for me.
    I experienced no camera problems, unlike @anupsnair .

Camera system and VOLTE calls options have not been modified, so they should work like the original firmware.

There are many explains and mods for change volumes, if you want to learn I recommend you take a look.
    Great job! Another ROM for Z2 PRO. Love how the development is picking up speed on this amazing phone!