How to get mobile hotspot working.

Search This thread

335Deezl

Apr 25, 2011
1. Install Network Signal Refresher Lite from the Playstore
2. Open both Network Signal Refresher and the Mobile Hotspot in split screen.
3. Hit the Refresh button in Network Signal Refresher and the quickly turn on Mobile Hotspot.
4. Profit!

Hope this helps, and you find it useful.

hillpounder

Feb 23, 2011
Middletown
3. Hit the Refresh button in Network Signal Refresher and the quickly turn on Mobile Hotspot.
4. Profit!

The easiest method to bypass restrictions! Thanks Deezl!

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

4. Profit!

Here's a video also...

Reactions: 335Deezl and resynx

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Using this method can our carrier still see us tethering though? On my 6P I use an app that requires root and it completely hides my tethering usage. But not planning to root the Pixel so I'm wondering if this method hides it. Thanks!

M9x3mos

May 12, 2008
Around
Been doing some testing with mine which is on T-Mobile. After adding the dun=0 with adb I can enable without a problem on my grandfathered plan. But they still throttle after 100mb of usage. So far I haven't found a way around this on any device I have.
The only thing that worked on the other phones is pdanet wired tethering. Wish I could find a way to get wireless tethering working like the good old days.

hillpounder

Feb 23, 2011
Middletown
4. Profit!

After 7.1.1 Nougat update, it no longer works. Did anyone else have the same problem as me?

Kl0429

Dec 14, 2016
7.1.1 update on pixel (Google play store) also ruined this for me. The network signal refresher workaround worked great before the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4. Profit!

4. Profit!

The easiest method to bypass restrictions! Thanks Deezl!

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

4. Profit!

Here's a video also...

Haven't updated yet. I modified the buildprop, so I can native tether now.

Looks like I gotta root! But I will wait for a few days... Let me know if you've found a non-rooted method! Thank you sir.
    Can you post what line to change in detail? I'm about to root just to get this to work again. Also if i edit the buildprop can I still do OEM firmware updates?? thx

just add the following line the bottom of your build.prop.

net.tethering.noprovisioning=true