[ROM][FINAL][7.1.1] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xperia Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gussbravo

Feb 29, 2016
Valencia
First of all, very appreciate for making this ROM so that we can experience the latest Android version. This ROM is very awesome!
However, after a few weeks' try , i want to get the features of the official ROM back. Thus i intent to use the flashtool to flash the official firmware back .But after i successfully flash the firmware of Lolipop5.1.1, It stop booting for freezing at the bootanimation. the same situation happened when i flash the official based rom.
I spent almost 2hours to seach this thread to look for the solution, and i found that someone gets the same problem ,however, without solved. This may be a common problem for the one who flash this cm14.1.
I sincerely hope that @Chippa_a can give us a proper solution since we have choice to select other ROMs , but not a single ROM of cm14.1 for the whole life of our phone . Thank a lot !

I solved it!!! install stock rom 4.4.4 with Flashtool, i use this : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_0uKEUjkKBfOGEzcFg2djZFUU0/edit

Finally start without problems and i can from there install again Lollipop and other based stock roms....

gorillanobka

Jan 8, 2016
London
We might have some tips for you but you will definately won't like it.

Because
1 :) it might involve you moving to a place where there is no weak mobile signal - whenever the signal gets weak that costs you a lot of battery .
2 :) It will definately involve you getting rid of the gapps which are the biggest battery drain ever.
3:) it might involve you getting rid of the adaptive brightness and set your brightness to a lower setting which will result in.... well dimmer everything.
4 :) Get rid of the the apps that are the biggest offenders.. Replace them with something else.

FOR EXAMPLE: people nowadays will have an app to play music an app to play videos and an other app to show pictures an other app to browse through the music pictures and videos and.....you got the idea.

All of these apps when they start syncing and waking up will eat processor's cycles which in turn will drain the battery

If you wanna follow my example ,you will delete all the above apps and ONLY USE MiXeplorer which is a file manager that can PLAY MUSIC ,VIDEO AND ACTS AS A GALERY.
Now instead of 4 apps that connect to internet , synnc eat processor cycles and bandiwth trying to stay all the time connected to their servers , so send telemetry statistics usage ,to receive updates TO DISPLAY HEAVY ADDS if your apps are having adds and all that, now YOU ONLY HAVE ONE that does not do adds or any of the things mentioned above.
If you wanna go further and install AFWall+ you can control the rest of the apps including the system apps..

Its all down to you..

Battery life is very bad I know its on beta stage
But, any tips for better battery life?

Reactions: Omar_KBS98

315cqab

Nov 10, 2016
I solved it!!! install stock rom 4.4.4 with Flashtool, i use this : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_0uKEUjkKBfOGEzcFg2djZFUU0/edit

Finally start without problems and i can from there install again Lollipop and other based stock roms....

Thankyou so much :crying:after all these days' endless try, finally find out the way to solve this problem!
Anyway, this ROM is very smooth, And totally has no bug, i just want to get the stock ROMs' features back and have my phone under my own control.
Last , I can't appreciate more to you , and thank all the nice people to tried to help!
good day!

ahimbf

Jul 17, 2012
No work... :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Thank you for the help, but's dont work, freeze after Sony logo, Like the other methods, only let me installs Roms CM or AOSP, no Stock or roms based in it...
True , But was working for previous versions of the ROM. I also tried reverting but ended up on Sony logo

Sent from my Xperia Z using XDA-Developers mobile app

wurst_wasser

Dec 21, 2012
Hey chippa,
i found another bug today. After having received 3 notifications I could not 'pull up' the lockscreen any more. It was still responsive and the notifications moved but I could not unlock.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z mit Tapatalk

Simon G

Sep 4, 2015
Grimmen
Who have substratum on last Build?? It will not works after Reboot i have a Bootloop .

Gesendet von meinem Pixel XL mit Tapatalk

Simon G

Sep 4, 2015
Grimmen
The Phone have closed the Devoption and Advanced Reboot after Changing Density in Display Mode.

vishnu vijay

Dec 16, 2009
Sharjah
Who have substratum on last Build?? It will not works after Reboot i have a Bootloop .

I have substratum installed with domination theme, Don't change any U I settings within the theme. ( Very important. Caused a boot loop when I messed with it)
Works fine for me.
I've also installed navigate theme, again works fine.

Reactions: zobanen

wurst_wasser

Dec 21, 2012
Can you reproduce it and post a log ?

It happened 3 or 4 times yesterday, so I guess I probably could reproduce the bug; I only have to switch the notifications on lockscreen back on, I guess.

But I dont know how to log bugs and upload them here, so you would have to tell me. ;)
I would like to help to improve this rom! It's an awesome rom.

Igi0815

Aug 12, 2009
HH
very good Rom !
fast, minimal battery drain (I think better then original 5.0x)
working since 6 Days

for Brightness I use APP: Lux Lite / Lux Auto Brightness (since today)

only one time (yesterday) - Telefon freeze bzw. black screen (LED show new whatsapp), but no way to wake screen,
so I had to hardreset .

I only found one BUG: Bildschrimfixierung - Screen fixation - there is no way to release the fixation - only reboot works

Greetings from Hamburg

Ultramanoid

Apr 24, 2011
東京都 Tokyo Metro
But I dont know how to log bugs and upload them here, so you would have to tell me. ;)
I would like to help to improve this rom! It's an awesome rom.

You could start with this, it will export a log you can paste or attach here in the thread :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=scd.lcex

( There's a thread with the apk here in XDA too : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1513166 )

I have problem. Lux apps for auto change brightness no get values from light sensor. Only face sensor on/off (1/0).

Adaptive brightness is broken, as stated in the OP.

Oct 1, 2014
we hope status at beta change to stable so soon :D i can't wait for stable version to install it on my Xperia Z ! . one question i have is this rom work for both model of xperia z ? (C6602 and C6603 )

technicLEGO

Apr 7, 2013
Camera ISO

Thx this ROM!
It's very fast, smoot ROM. Minimal bug (some app can not be saved to the SD card, root privileg does note help).
Question:
Camera iso selection can be solved? Now any program not working.
Thx, Thx, Thx! :)
Sorry my poor english! :)

gorillanobka

Jan 8, 2016
London
"Some app cannot be saved to the SD card" Which one exactly?

A log will be very helpful for the Developer to solve the problem. Without logs it is not even worth it coming here and spendin time to post that post because Without A LOG the DEV will NOT BE ABLE TO HELP fixing the problem.

Thx this ROM!
It's very fast, smoot ROM. Minimal bug (some app can not be saved to the SD card, root privileg does note help).
Question:
Camera iso selection can be solved? Now any program not working.
Thx, Thx, Thx! :)
Sorry my poor english! :)

Reactions: Antimon1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo-cid.png
    Code:
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial"]#include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */[/FONT][/SIZE]

Issues and reports
    1. Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    2. If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    3. Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    4. Share a log of the error with CatLog for example

Installation Instructions
    1. Download the latest build
    2. Place ROM in your SD card or Internal Storage
    3. Reboot into recovery mode
    4. Full wipe and factory reset (recommended)
    5. Flash ROM (ignoring E:unknown command [log] for now)
    6. Reboot

Update Instructions
    1. Download the latest build of CyanogenMod 14.1
    2. Place the build in your SD card or Internal Storage
    3. Reboot into recovery mode
    4. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    5. Flash build
    6. Reboot

Downloads links
    CyanogenMod 14.X:
    14.1 Beta: https://basketbuild.com/devs/Chippa_a/yuga/CyanogenMod-14.X/14.1

Google Applications (optional) :
    OpenGapps : http://opengapps.org/ (ARM->Android 7.1 -> Pico or Nano)
    Information : Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Recommended Recovery (optional) :
    TWRP 3.0 : https://dl.twrp.me/yuga

About CyanogenMod : All Changes available on http://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/

Also thanks to :
    • The CyanogenMod Team
    • Everyone involved in working and testing
    Sources
    The CyanogenMod Project
    Kernel: APQ8064

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14.1 for Xperia Z, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z

Contributors
    Chippa_a
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-17
    Last Updated 2016-12-27
    Current status
    • Beta : Evolution of 7.0 to CyanogenMod 14.1 / AOSP 7.1
    Be patient, guys. I'll update cm-14.0 later.

Also I'm planning to bring AOSP 7.1 for Xperia Z, ZL and ZR :)
    Currently I am working on it.
    New build available!

Changes:
    • Fixed Bluetooth
    • Fixed crash during outgoing calls (reports if it happens again)
    • Manually added changes (from cm gerrit) for battery customization.
      * Battery icon now could be edited in status bar settings. Circle by default.
    • Updated CM sources

Download: https://basketbuild.com/devs/Chippa_a/yuga/CyanogenMod-14.0/
    New build available!

• Fixed LED blinking
    • Fixed SD Card access
    • Updated CM sources