Best anti-theft Tasker profile

Search This thread

ziko900

Jan 5, 2016
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hello guys, let's get right into it.
It's not just one profile, they are multiple profiles that work together.
So when your phone gets stolen there's pretty much nothing u can do if u have left ur data and GPS off, Tasker solves all of this. Btw I have a nexus 5 running android 7.1 NDE63P
Profile1: when my phone receives a text saying "gps", it activates it using SECURE SETTINGS working along with Tasker (root is required btw)
Profile2: when phone receives text saying " data", it obviously enables data through a shell command, the code is "svc data enable"
Profile3: when it receives a text saying "ring", it starts ringing like it has got no brain, I have an app installed called VOLUME LOCK, and what it does is it simply lets u set up your volume for (RINGER, ALARM, MEDIA) (in the Volume Lock app), and it locks them, so when the app is running u can not turn down the volume of anything, and I just force stop the app, and the first thing Tasker does after receiving the text that says " ring" is it launches the app, so Tasker goes like this ( Launch app, play music through media, play ringtone through ringer, play alarm ringtone through alarm) THIS IS USEFUL IF YOU LOST YOUR PHONE INSIDE THE HOUSE OR IF U WANNA FREAK OUT THE THIEF BECAUSE THERE'S NO WAY TO SHUT IT OFF (I even blocked power menu from lock screen using an app called SMART LOCKSCREEN PROTECTOR) and most people don't know that u can reboot phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds, so we're pretty safe here
Profile3: when phone receives text saying "dnd", Tasker simply puts phone on do not disturb if u just want to track your phone using ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER from a PC or something
I have all of these profiles backed up, just give me ur email and I'll happily send to you
And if u need any more explanation don't hesitate to ask.
From Morocco

Last edited:

R4V3N-2010

Dec 26, 2014
Dals Långed
So when your phone gets stolen there's pretty much nothing u can do if u have left ur data and GPS off, Tasker solves all of this. Btw I have a nexus 5 running android 7.1 NDE63P
Profile1: when my phone receives a text saying "gps", it activates it using SECURE SETTINGS working along with Tasker (root is required btw)
Profile2: when phone receives text saying " data", it obviously enables data through a shell command, the code is "svc data enable"
Profile3: when it receives a text saying "ring", it starts ringing like it has got no brain, I have an app installed called VOLUME LOCK, and what it does is it simply lets u set up your volume for (RINGER, ALARM, MEDIA) (in the Volume Lock app), and it locks them, so when the app is running u can not turn down the volume of anything, and I just force stop the app, and the first thing Tasker does after receiving the text that says " ring" is it launches the app, so Tasker goes like this ( Launch app, play music through media, play ringtone through ringer, play alarm ringtone through alarm) THIS IS USEFUL IF YOU LOST YOUR PHONE INSIDE THE HOUSE OR IF U WANNA FREAK OUT THE THIEF BECAUSE THERE'S NO WAY TO SHUT IT OFF (I even blocked power menu from lock screen using an app called SMART LOCKSCREEN PROTECTOR) and most people don't know that u can reboot phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds, so we're pretty safe here
Profile3: when phone receives text saying "dnd", Tasker simply puts phone on do not disturb if u just want to track your phone using ANDROID DEVICE MANAGER from a PC or something
I have all of these profiles backed up, just give me ur email and I'll happily send to you
From Morocco
I am interested to take look at your anti thief project. Can you please post a link where I can download it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Lange_666

Oct 8, 2016
I also have one but only one profile and one task, it's all there but it lacks the ringer lock (in fact, mine does not make a noice except for the incomming message but i like the ringer lock idea).
It does ceveral checks on the different states of the GPS, Mobile Data and Wifi and turns them on accordingly. Then waits a while (for the GPS to get a fix), then gets the location and checks this against the last known one.
If the GPS get's a fix, the data is stored in variables, then it does the same for the mobile data location and then collects Wifi data.
Then this data is verified against the last known position and an SMS is generated which contains all this data (if it can't get a GPS or Mobile Data fix it also mentions this in the SMS) including battery level, active provider and all Wifi data it can get.
Then the SMS is send and then the phone is put back into it's previous state it was in (this last part is done to not interfere with other profiles i have currently running and for testing purposes).
I would like to include a bit more into this profile but that's for later.
Due to all the waiting and the timeouts in getting the location data, it can take up to 10 mins before a return SMS is received.

Now, it only works decently when you can get a GPS or Mobile Data fix. Otherwise the data returned isn't much of any value. Same goes for all those find my phone apps. If they don't get a location fix, they are not able to track your phone.

meebisthebest

Nov 19, 2015
Please Send PM me a link of this project

From Morocco
Please Send PM me a link of this project at "Smuneeeb@gmail.com"

Reactions: davyonetobin6573
Mar 21, 2016
I have recently started using Tasker and I'm amazed at some of the things it can do (no root) and I'd be grateful for the profiles for dnd as I could definitely use it. If u have any other profiles u think are cool I will check them out. So far all I have it doing is using greenify to hibernate automatically and linking to my usual WiFi networks etc. Still trying to work out how to change to my WiFi when I lose my mobile data connection at home (for WiFi calling)

ayush_stark

Jan 8, 2017
Awesome

From Morocco

I love it man . the way you have backed up your phone for anti theft , thats amazing ..
If you can send me that backup on my email address - ayushkr.1998@hotmail.com , i would really appreciate that :):)

redhotiron2004

Nov 17, 2011
meerut
Any way to send a sms to predefined number in case the SIM gets changed automatically?
That would be the best anti theft plugin as the thief firstly throws the old SIM away. Which actually renders these plugins useless.

AnDrOiDnEoV

May 29, 2012
What if the thief changed the SIM card? Or what if the thief removed the SIM card? What is your suggestion in that case?

From Morocco

Realizing this is 6 months old now, But i'd be interested to take a look

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From Morocco
    I have created a project called '[PROJECT] Anti-Theft System'.
    Please, help us to make it bigger, so if you can post your settings on there. . . ;)
    I also have one but only one profile and one task, it's all there but it lacks the ringer lock (in fact, mine does not make a noice except for the incomming message but i like the ringer lock idea).
    It does ceveral checks on the different states of the GPS, Mobile Data and Wifi and turns them on accordingly. Then waits a while (for the GPS to get a fix), then gets the location and checks this against the last known one.
    If the GPS get's a fix, the data is stored in variables, then it does the same for the mobile data location and then collects Wifi data.
    Then this data is verified against the last known position and an SMS is generated which contains all this data (if it can't get a GPS or Mobile Data fix it also mentions this in the SMS) including battery level, active provider and all Wifi data it can get.
    Then the SMS is send and then the phone is put back into it's previous state it was in (this last part is done to not interfere with other profiles i have currently running and for testing purposes).
    I would like to include a bit more into this profile but that's for later.
    Due to all the waiting and the timeouts in getting the location data, it can take up to 10 mins before a return SMS is received.

Now, it only works decently when you can get a GPS or Mobile Data fix. Otherwise the data returned isn't much of any value. Same goes for all those find my phone apps. If they don't get a location fix, they are not able to track your phone.
    Please Send PM me a link of this project

From Morocco
    hey please forward me the link too.
    sandeepvarma.117@gmail.com