huawei p9 nougat beta themes

Search This thread

NightShadow02

Mar 15, 2011
Hi guys. I'm on the nougat beta and something caused my lockscreen to lose the magazine unlock feature.

I'm trying to set it back to stock lockscreen but I am unable to.

I hear I'm supposed to do this in Themes but there is no option to set my lockscreen to default and I am also unable to download other themes.

Help please

PerpulaX

Apr 24, 2008
Hoppegarten
Hi,

Since the UI in most built-in apps has changed from EMUI 4.1 to 5.0, everything's different from what you might be used to from EMUI 4.1.

At the top of the screen in the Themes app, there should be 4 tabs. If you select the rightmost one, you should see a list of themes installed on your phone. Floating at the bottom should be a pill-shaped toolbar with a single icon labelled "customize" or something similar. Tap it. On the next screen, there should be one large and three small images, which allow you to customize different parts of the current theme. The largest, at the top left, should be "lock screen style". If you tap it, you end up on a list of thumbnails of lock screen styles. Somewhere in the list there should be the "magazine unlock" style. Hope that helps. :)

Of course, this only applies if the Themes app is behaving properly. I've run into all kinds of problems with the app, on several different Huawei phones, where all of a sudden some functions or UI parts went missing. Usually, that was because of me getting something wrong when flashing new firmware versions. Did you end up with a C900 version (EVA-L??C900B???) after flashing? Has it worked and just suddenly stopped working?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161202-144657.jpg
    Screenshot_20161202-144657.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20161202-144703.jpg
    Screenshot_20161202-144703.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_20161202-144709.jpg
    Screenshot_20161202-144709.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: NightShadow02

NightShadow02

Mar 15, 2011
I see. Thanks for the detailed post! Something is actually weird with my themer app. I'll have to look at what's going on. I'll try a reboot.

Mine just says NRD90M test key. Could it be that the p9 nougat beta did not develop this part of the ROM?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161202-224428.png
    Screenshot_20161202-224428.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 104

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Since the UI in most built-in apps has changed from EMUI 4.1 to 5.0, everything's different from what you might be used to from EMUI 4.1.

At the top of the screen in the Themes app, there should be 4 tabs. If you select the rightmost one, you should see a list of themes installed on your phone. Floating at the bottom should be a pill-shaped toolbar with a single icon labelled "customize" or something similar. Tap it. On the next screen, there should be one large and three small images, which allow you to customize different parts of the current theme. The largest, at the top left, should be "lock screen style". If you tap it, you end up on a list of thumbnails of lock screen styles. Somewhere in the list there should be the "magazine unlock" style. Hope that helps. :)

Of course, this only applies if the Themes app is behaving properly. I've run into all kinds of problems with the app, on several different Huawei phones, where all of a sudden some functions or UI parts went missing. Usually, that was because of me getting something wrong when flashing new firmware versions. Did you end up with a C900 version (EVA-L??C900B???) after flashing? Has it worked and just suddenly stopped working?