[ROM][GT-I9305][NOUGAT][7.1][Cyanogenmod 14.1][UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

mop09737

May 12, 2007

mop09737

May 12, 2007
Hi mad89, I'm using your ROM and so far everything is Ok., GPS, wifi, receiving calls, SMS, camera.

I'm using pixel launcher and it is in very nice! Do you think that in a next version you can put the round icons used in pixels ROMs?

Good job! Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA-Developers mobile app

mad89

Feb 22, 2010
Szczecin

西村大一

Dec 7, 2012
Sagamihara\Tōkyō
I can confirm that on RR 5.8.0 based on 7.1 wifi hotspot works without a problem. Just ask rodman how he did it or waht commit did he push to make wifi tethering/hotspot to work and apply it. Tested the other day.

luc0_0

May 20, 2015

Perfect ! It works.
Thanks a lot.
200.gif

Zld

Dec 5, 2016
Can u help me pls ?????
i have cm 12.1 on my i9305 and i wanna download this cm 14.1 room why there is no gapps ?? do i need to download gapps for android 7.1? ???
do i need to wipe before installing this room ?
and ... how can i install this hotspot fix u posted ???

public3n3my

Jan 5, 2014
MountVille
Can u help me pls ?????
i have cm 12.1 on my i9305 and i wanna download this cm 14.1 room why there is no gapps ?? do i need to download gapps for android 7.1? ???
7.1 gapps is already out for a while, what do u mean by 'there's no gapps' btw? Search for open gapps and download..
Of course u need to wipe everything. Cm12.1 is pretty old though..
About hotspot fix, im not sure since im on the other rom right now.

Last edited:

Scorpionea

Dec 13, 2013
You tell me
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Can u help me pls ?????

1.For Gapps go to openGapps.org and download pico or nano for 7.1

2.Yes u must wipe everything expect for internal storage or SD card

3.hotspot fix is already included into the rom here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=69910320

Also make sure u have up to date TWRP recovery installed (latest build)

Have fun [emoji5] [emoji6]

Reactions: Zld

Zld

Dec 5, 2016
cm-14.1-20161203-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip
Sim Card Is Not Working :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Cast Screen Saying No Nearby Devices And I Cant Find "Enable Wireless Display"

chrb1985

Oct 13, 2016
I think that if you read bacwards hete in this thread you will find other guys with the same problem. I think the solution is to flash a KK modem to fix the sim issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, so here is the first taste (which I know about) of CM 14 (Android 7 Nougat) for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE - i9305. Before You even think about installing it on your device, please, keep in mind the warning from OP. Consider the build experimental - AFAIK CM 14 has not been even officially released yet. Be prepared to restore your current system. You have been warned and you can download here:

cm-14.0-20160930-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip

Please expect bugs.

Basically all hw is working (I didn’t do any thorough testing, I’ve just checked the basic functionality):
    - RIL - data (2G, 3G, LTE), in/out calls, I didn’t check SMS
    - wifi
    - bluetooth
    - GPS (with one minor glitch - see notes bellow)
    - camera (I can take photos, but there is some problem with video recording) and flash light
    - probably all the sensors (accelerometer, magnetic field, orientation, pressure, light, proximity, etc.) I haven’t checked them one by one, but also haven’t noticed any sensor functionality missing
    - NFC

Notes, problems, etc.
    - mobile data probably won’t work after first boot, reboot fixes it
    - as mentioned above, there is one GPS glitch - I can get the fix, no problem with that, but the list of satellites (e.g. in SatStat) contains sometimes SBAS satellites. This is probably some software error (there is quite big change in gps code) or I’ve found hidden hw functionality (I don’t think so, I am not sure if I can even receive signal from these satellites in my area).
    - I can’t access developer setting menu
    - there was a bug in the camera code, which was also in cm 13. This bug caused crashes when the preview started, I don’t understand how the camera can work in cm13...
    - the recovery image is too big to fit into recovery partition
    - selinux is permissive
    - I’ve finally fixed the annoying bug in kernel, which caused kernel panic (and phone reboot) when there was missing camera firmware. Beside thisi, the firmware is now loaded from system partition
    - there are probably many other bugs, the development is still in progress

Code changes:
    All the code changes I did to make this work are in attached diff file (code.diff) and this repo. Many of them are quick & dirty fixes (just to make it work). I am planing to do it properly and upload on github. There is also attached roomservice.xml, which I*used and list of commits and some screenshots.
    Disclaimer (partially borrowed from MIT license) - WARNING:
    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. If you loose your data, brick your device, any other damage or anything else happens (e.g. your cat eats your dog), it is YOUR PROBLEM and YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Your device warranty is most probably void after installing this.

To avoid any confusion let me explain my position. I still have a felling that some people don’t understand this. I didn’t create this, I only fixed some problems (mostly closely related to i9305 device) and built it. It is a big difference, similar to buying versus building a house. Buying a house is not a simple thing (at least in my country) and you’d probably need to do some changes and repairs before you can start living in it. But building a house is something completely different and much more difficult. The work I’ve done on these CM builds is more like buying a house. The see the list of people who "built the house" go into Settings on your phone, section About phone and then Contributors. It is a really long list. Thanks to all of them :)

Also, please, keep in mind, that I am only sharing results of my hobby.

Now, please, proceed to the this post for the build :) (I’ll probably change this to more traditional OP after the code stabilizes, but now I’d like to keep track of history, instead permanent rewriting the OP.)

Thanks @nels83 for several commits.

Sometimes it takes me a while to publish new build. But there are also other builds from @mad89 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_ohj9exsQJMSU84MGxkbFdnYUk
    Hi everyone,
    I am back with a new build. I took me a while, but I`ve finally fixed the video recording. It has been the most difficult bug in cm14 so far. It was driving me crazy and although the fix is only one line change, I am still not sure if it is correct, but video recording is working. One more new thing is that I started to upload the diff files on github (https://github.com/p-an/android_device_samsung_i9305/tree/cm-14.0/repo), instead of attaching them here. Download here:

cm-14.0-20161023-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip
    Hi everyone,
    here is a new build of cm 14.1:

cm-14.1-20161111-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip

Only few notes:
    1) RIL is working, but there is some problem with updating some db, which causes com.android.phone to crash. So either wipe whole /data or delete content of /data/user_de/0/com.android.providers.telephony/databases
    2) selinux is still permissing, I am still working on new rules. It is not so complicated, I just don`t have as much time as I`d like to.
    Here is new build from the fresh code, the fstab should be OK, otherwise I didn`t notice any change.
    cm-14.0-20161002-UNOFFICIAL-i9305.zip