[ROM][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13 Stable for the Asus Zenfone 2E, ZE500CL, Z00D - CM13.0

Search This thread

robot_head

Jun 13, 2015
las vegas
I'm going to a relative's house this evening to use a computer to download this I wish it were just on Google Drive or even Mega would be okay. Wish me luck

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
Thanks, man. You rock!

Flex, my man, everything working as expected on your end? Look, would you like to take over kernel development? I mean, you clearly are way more skilled than myself with git and all that, I don't have patience to be reviewing the improvements people from the zenfone 2 are making to their kernel, and I think we can implement the majority of their changes to our soc. Let me know.

Last edited:

flex1911

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Volgograd
Flex, my man, everything working as expected on your end? Look, would you like to take over kernel development? I mean, you clearly are way more skilled than myself with git and all that, I don't have patience to be reviewing the improvements people from the zenfone 2 are making to their kernel, and I think we can implement the majority of their changes to our soc. Let me know.

No, not so good. F2FS not working and i can't accept the call. Yeah, i can take kernel development and, if you want, SELinux policy. It's better to use it at least in permissive.
http://github.com/Z00D/android_kernel_asus_Z00D - there is kernel that i use for myself. Patches for SELinux and binder is included.

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
No, not so good. F2FS not working and i can't accept the call. Yeah, i can take kernel development and, if you want, SELinux policy. It's better to use it at least in permissive.
http://github.com/Z00D/android_kernel_asus_Z00D - there is kernel that i use for myself. Patches for SELinux and binder is included.

F2fs is disabled so no surprises about that. About getting calls: apparently you and the other Russian guy are having this problem, so can you try changing the preferred network type (GSM, whatever) and making a call to yourself to see if you can get it? Is your phone dual Sim?

no_soul_dude

Nov 23, 2016
Pixel Launcher looks total badass. Thanks for the rom man. Using it as a daily driver. Hope you'll fix all the bugs in the next build.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161204-152234.jpg
    Screenshot_20161204-152234.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 174

cmalvi

May 27, 2016
Arenzano
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
F2fs is disabled so no surprises about that. About getting calls: apparently you and the other Russian guy are having this problem, so can you try changing the preferred network type (GSM, whatever) and making a call to yourself to see if you can get it? Is your phone dual Sim?

I answer you, no differences, you can't answer or refuse a call.
And adoptable storage? i remember you say it works why this feature is broken on this build?

Greg9

Sep 4, 2016
Hi, i have the .126 firmware and the 2GB WW version, i need to reflash the .118 firmware before this?
Thankhs

cmalvi

May 27, 2016
Arenzano
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
No, but i suggest you to wait because for now you can't answer or refuse call and adoptable storage doesn't work (other broken/missing feature in the 1st post)

Inviato dal mio Z00D utilizzando Tapatalk

RusLion__

Jan 1, 2016
So what about solving problem with calls? It's hard to use my phone without being able to accept calls.

robot_head

Jun 13, 2015
las vegas
8afda7504c5fe3073cefcf2a3a7137ae.jpg
i give up, this is a fuc king joke, boot.img flashes, system.img says cannot load system img. I know for a fact it's that wacky ass server. This phone can go Fuc king die!!!!

Last edited:

djector

Feb 9, 2011
Yo whats wrong with everybody?

Yall need to extract the folder with 7-Zip....
Then you wipe system/data on the phone then with ADB you flash files....
Then go to recovery and flash Gapps 86x pico

For me calls and signal working fine only thing I miss is FM Radio lol.... @robot_head try using 7-Zip it should work.... or redownload

I was running 126(l) < lollipop only... so I had to downgrade to 118 and now its working fine,... really fast and stable build

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

i give up, this is a fuc king joke, boot.img flashes, system.img says cannot load system img. I know for a fact it's that wacky ass server. This phone can go Fuc king die!!!!

Download new fastboot files or restart fastboot server same **** happened to me. I downloaded https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ZiR-2Tn5BdNGl6MC0zM0ZtUWc/view?usp=sharing and ran the commands off of there...
Sometimes fastboot fails that why a NANDroid backup is MANDATORY

Last edited:

robot_head

Jun 13, 2015
las vegas
It's all good I'm on flex's cm13 and it's nice and stable. The Zenfone is just a play phone but it's frustrating when things won't download right or I keep getting a corrupted zip file I know exactly how to flash it through fastboot

djector

Feb 9, 2011
It's all good I'm on flex's cm13 and it's nice and stable. The Zenfone is just a play phone but it's frustrating when things won't download right or I keep getting a corrupted zip file I know exactly how to flash it through fastboot

alright bro but
Want me to download and reupload for you?

Reactions: robot_head

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development is ceased for this rom indefinitely. We now have the latest nightlies on the hands of a way better developer than myself, so head out to Flex's thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CyanogenMod 13 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android Marshmallow, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions - READ! READ! READ!

Valid for everyone! Please, don't ask repetitive questions if you haven't followed the procedure, you'll be ignored.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Google it).
    - Download and extract the file.
    - Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP) - this is not mandatory, but needed for flashing GAPPS (Google it).
    - Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Mandatory - fastboot is finicky in our phones and fails some times!)
    - Wipe system, internal data & cache partitions.
    - Flash both extracted files (Google "Minimal ADB Fastboot" and "Google USB drivers"...):
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    - If fastboot fails, go back into recovery, do the wiping again, reboot to fastboot, it will work this time. (don't ask me why, Asus' stuff...)
    - Optional: Go into recovery right after flashing and install Google Apps (OpenGapps, x86, 6.0, any version) (Google it).

Broken Features / Known Issues

• DT2W - Double Tap to Wake doesn't currently work. ROM is fixed up, however the kernel needs fixing - will come in some days - use volume rocker for now. - SOLVED. Will be included in next release, should there be one.
    • FM Radio is unsupported - if you don't like it, go back to stock.
    • Shown baseband info is wrong. I don't care at all, won't be fixed - if you don't like it, go back to stock.
    • Lights are a bit buggy - If the phone is charged, the notification lights don't work anymore - likely a kernel fix as well.
    • SELinux is disabled and will NEVER be enabled. Our phone is not that powerful, so having it disabled improves performance - if you don't like it, go back to stock.
    • FullHD recording has dropped frames - go with HD 720 - likely not fixable.
    • Not all microSD cards are born the same - adoptable storage may or may not work for you.
    • Google Apps may be a little sluggish on the first run - ROM is odexed but GAPPS are not (building cache).
    • ROM is rock stable, I didn't observe any reboots in several days of use - if you don't like it, go back to stock
    • If you have the phone with 2GB of RAM, this will fly on it - if you don't like it... Well...

Video Walkthrough

Downloads

CyanogenMod 13 for the Zenfone 2E, Z00D, ze500cl DOWNLOAD HERE - NO MIRRORS, PLEASE!
    Kernel Sources - Thanks to @jrior001

You can support our development, so more improvements may come to this device. Developing takes a lot of time, so even though donations are not required, they are highly appreciated ;) ! Thanks for your support!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 13.0 Stable, ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    jacoghi
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, FW 118 or 126
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 13.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-02

Created 2016-12-02
    Last Updated 2016-12-02
    Had to downgrade was on 126 (L) lol now working fine

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I've sent ya a pm
    :fingers-crossed:
    168f736af297c5cbf4933fafaa0f3fad.jpg
    this has got to be a joke . day 2 of trying to just get this ROM so I can Flash it. @djector I tried about seven different zip Manager they all said file is corrupt
    will this rom work on zenfone 2 ze500cl 2gb ram 8gb rom?

i suppose yes.. is like 16gb version.. are 500CL both
    i give up, this is a ****ing joke, boot.img flashes, system.img says cannot load system img. I know for a fact it's that wacky ass server. This phone can go ****ing die!!!!

Maybe i can help you with a mirror on my drive

Inviato dal mio Z00D utilizzando Tapatalk