[DISCONTINUED][ROM][InvictaOS v2.0][XT16xx][GT-I9200/I9205][Mega 6.3][7.1.2_r2]

Do you want a separate thread for cm-14.1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161201-195454.jpg
    Screenshot_20161201-195454.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 447
  • Screenshot_20161201-195523.jpg
    Screenshot_20161201-195523.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 448

beamscotty

Dec 17, 2015
Paris
It happens

Ok, after all the effort, wife dropped her mega which, of course, hit right on the only unprotected spot right on the corner. Screen spiderwebbed. No touch. Knackered. Bought her a Wilwyfox Swift 2 and it sukz. Big time. I mean, what's the point with CM when they add loads of bloat and remove any easy way to root from dev options? As bad as any other bloated OEM Android.

Guys, anyone willing to sell an i92xx? Crisp dollars or Euros will be coming your way in that case.

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Ok, after all the effort, wife dropped her mega which, of course, hit right on the only unprotected spot right on the corner. Screen spiderwebbed. No touch. Knackered. Bought her a Wilwyfox Swift 2 and it sukz. Big time. I mean, what's the point with CM when they add loads of bloat and remove any easy way to root from dev options? As bad as any other bloated OEM Android.

Guys, anyone willing to sell an i92xx? Crisp dollars or Euros will be coming your way in that case.

Hi,
Why don't you try to change the screen ??
You can have the complete assembly for example here
It's also available from shop in France but price is higher !!
There are a lot of tuto's on the net to do the replacement!

beamscotty

Dec 17, 2015
Paris
Hi,
Why don't you try to change the screen ??
You can have the complete assembly for example here
It's also available from shop in France but price is higher !!
There are a lot of tuto's on the net to do the replacement!

Thanks for the heads up, but to be honest, I'm lazy. Or rather, having too many things on my plate in my daily job managing "the agency" IT, I cant be entice or arsed to go the DIY route in my spare time. Tell you what: fix the wifes screen for her and I'll pay for parts plus labour. Deal?

jajaxor

May 5, 2016
bretagne
Hi (sorry for my bad english !)

I update today my phone with last update (2016/12/04). all works very well !! thanks too ;)

I have got juste a litlle problem with weather widget on my mega desktop. I installed "yahoo weahter provider" from playstore but it don't find any location. autorisations (position...) are good !!
I don't undestand.
how you do that ?

i have got CM 14.1 !

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Hi (sorry for my bad english !)

I update today my phone with last update (2016/12/04). all works very well !! thanks too ;)

I have got juste a litlle problem with weather widget on my mega desktop. I installed "yahoo weahter provider" from playstore but it don't find any location. autorisations (position...) are good !!
I don't undestand.
how you do that ?

i have got CM 14.1 !
Weather options not merged still..

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
Those who want to use themes can use substratum themes without applying system/framework changes. Works fine then.

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161204-203327.png
    Screenshot_20161204-203327.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 484
  • Screenshot_20161204-203336.png
    Screenshot_20161204-203336.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 468
  • Screenshot_20161204-203350.png
    Screenshot_20161204-203350.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 454
  • Screenshot_20161204-203457.png
    Screenshot_20161204-203457.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 439
  • Screenshot_20161204-203517.png
    Screenshot_20161204-203517.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 437

alexischino

May 5, 2013
Redmi Note 8
how to Enable NavBar?
If you don't see the options to enable navbar under settings/buttons you have to open the buld.prop with a file manager text editor (root explorer or es file explorer) and add this line at the bottom of the build.prop qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 save changes and reboot your device. Now you should see the options under settings/buttons.

Last edited:

alexischino

May 5, 2013
Redmi Note 8
Please tell me how to disable the physical buttons?[/QUOTE

With a file manager (Root explorer or ES file explorer)
1.Go to system/user/keylayout
2.Look for Generic.kl file and opend it in text editor
3.Look for these 3

key 127 MENU
key 139 MENU
key 158 BACK

4.Put a # in front of each one to disable them, they should look like this

# key 127 MENU
# key 139 MENU
# key 158 BACK

5.Save and exit. reboot your device, now menu and back button should be disabled.

Last edited:

r1l_Alex_™

Nov 19, 2015
_Under Ground_
About to Prep CM 9205 Device 1128 for a Clean Flash up to the 1204 Silesh build.. :good: Not nessasry for the clean flash just by choice.

Build manifest as follows..

Build.prop set modify to point to Custom Dpi set for initial. Persist.
Removing/Replacing applications for Preferred set on Flash.
Flashing Open Pico's with forced No touch on Dpi set. 20161205.
Flashing Ka7 with custom profile.
Including a new Custom CM wall for Silesh.
Flashing IME package Zen
Flashing Font update 1205

Will be posting screens when done!! Hope everyone's doing good!! Will update later!
Thank you @Silesh.Nair :good:

iliakastrioti

Sep 20, 2016
How can i change notification volume controls?

It is only volume for Media, Call and Alarm but i cant see the Notification volume control !!!

Last edited:

babavachishami

Sep 15, 2005
Running CM14.1 on I9208

If there is someone running this on a device other than I9200 or I9205, can you provide me with the build.prop from the stock rom. Also mention your model number.
Hi there, thanks for the hard work on this. My Mega is a Chinese I9208 and had a hard time trying to find an English custom rom to run on it. I managed to root the I9208 loaded TWRP. Now i can install any compatible custom ROM.
Stock ROom: the ZMUCNB2 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official firmware update on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9208 (TD-SCDMA China)
Build.prop - sorry i dont have this anymore - erased Stock ROm already
- Main issue camera freezing, everything else seems to work okay
- Will run the latest update today. (cm-14.1-20161204-UNOFFICIAL-meliusltexx)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    InvictaOS is based on LineageOS with some cool extra features. It can be used without any need to have Google application's installed.

DO NOT FLASH LUCKYPATCHER ON InvictaOS BUILDS. I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE OUTCOME IF YOU CHOOSE TO DO SO. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

WARNING! This ROM is for the GT-I9200 and GT-I9205 variant's only! If you choose to flash this on other variant's, you will face issues. You are on your own to fix issues.

Code:
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Additional Features

1. Status Bar date
    2. Network Traffic Indicators
    3. Double Tap to sleep on lockscreen
    4. Ambient display battery indicator
    5. Additional QS Tiles
    6. Superuser indicator toggle
    7. Lockscreen charging information
    8. Bluetooth easy toggle
    9. Wifi easy toggle
    10. Toggle to disable suggestions & tile summaries
    11. Unlink notification volume
    12. Pixel navigation bar and animation
    13. Full Substratum OMS theme support
    14. Alarm blocker
    15. Wakelock blocker
    16. Selinux Switch
    17. and more....

Installation procedure

From stock / other custom roms
    1. Plus users have to be on N modem. For models that can't flash N modem, you will have issues with fingerprint registration.
    2. Copy the ROM zip on your phone
    3. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    4. Backup your phone!
    5. Format/Wipe system, cache, dalvik, data
    6. Flash/Install ROM
    7. Flash Install Gapps (OpenGapps ARM N 7.1 Mini/Nano is recommended. DO NOT FLASH STOCK/FULL GAPPS. YOUR PHONE APP WILL FC!!!)
    8. Reboot

Upgrade from previous build
    1. Download the update via OTA app.
    2. Reboot in TWRP Recovery mode
    3. Format/Wipe only cache, dalvik
    4. Flash/Install ROM
    5. Gapps flash is not required for a dirty flash as the backup script in the rom zip file backs up and restores gapps during ROM flash. You can flash gapps after rom flash if you choose to do so. OpenGapps ARM N 7.1 Mini is recommended.
    6. Reboot

Downloads

ROM : Latest build : here || Older builds : here
    TWRP : https://sourceforge.net/projects/invictaos/files/Mega-6.3/TWRP/
    GAPPS : OpenGapps ( Make sure you use the one for 7.1 - pico is the safest bet )

Screenshots

Note that the screenshots seen above are not the default look of the ROM. It comes with Pixel UI by default. Screenshots are using Coalfield substratum theme and Retrorika icon pack. They are from my MotoG4 plus. Some features may not work on this device.

Updates

You will be notified via the OTA app when there is an update.

Known issues

You tell me...

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread.
    1. Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    2. If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    3. If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Radio (baseband):
    ROM version:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    LOSSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    Dual SIM:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

The team

@Silesh.Nair - Project lead
    @1chrome - UI designer

Credits

Team LineageOS
    Arne Coucheron aka @arco68. Without him, we would not have got a single custom rom. We have cm11,cm12,cm13 & now cm14 due to his hard work and willingness to help others. A big :good: to you, Sir!!!
    A big thanks to all users who have helped to test builds as I do not own the device.
    @Gibbon_999 for the logs and screenshots.
    Others I might have missed.
    All users of my roms.

Kernel Sources

https://gitlab.com/sileshn/android_kernel_samsung_msm8930-common

Donations Received

@r1l_Alex_? ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @Mr. Obsolet ( Multiple times, lost count )
    @gavron ( Multiple )
    @bullfinch110
    @strongst
    @guenterm800
    @Retoki
    @alaindupus
    @dercircle
    @echo92
    @Tilagoon
    @kiden
    @bovineyard
    @pastorbob62
    @syverman
    Kai Min?en ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Philip Wehrheim ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Joao Henrique Queiroz ( Don't know your user name on xda )
    Robert Rhumba ( Don't know your user name on xda )

It's fine to just click Thanks! or enjoy my work without saying anything.
    A donation is to show appreciation of the work I have done already.
    A donation is not by any means in expectation of future work.
    A donation doesn't entitle for preferred/private support/requests.
    A donation is meant as a gift - always appreciated, never required.
    MicroG - Not for those who want the easy way out...

What is microg

Microg is a free re-implementation of Google’s proprietary Android user space apps and libraries. In layman terms, it replaces the need to flash gapps. For more details visit the official site.

Sources

https://github.com/microg

Downloads

https://sourceforge.net/projects/los-oms/files/MicroG/MicroG-032317.zip/download

The zip file contains the following files.

1. Fdroid
    2. Google playstore
    3. Google contacts & calendar sync apk's

Do not install playstore as a user app. It will not work. Playstore has to be in /system/priv-app for this to work.

How do I install this?

March 23rd build will be the first release with support for microg. Fresh flash is a must. Don't even ask if it will work dirty flashing over a rom with gapps. It won't. If you choose not to use microG, you can dirty flash over the previous build.

First build

1. Download rom from the link in the OP.
    2. Download microg apps from the link above.
    3. Wipe system/cache/data
    4. Flash rom followed by microg apps
    5. Reboot.
    6. Download and install the following apps from the links below.

microG Services Core : here
      microG Services Framework Proxy : here
      Apple UnifiedNlp Backend : here
      MozillaNlpBackend : here
      NominatimNlpBackend : here

The last 3 can also be downloaded using the fdroid app.

Updates

Flash rom followed by microg apps without wipe.

How do I set this up?

1. Go to Settings->Additional Features->Miscellaneous Settings and activate signature spoofing. See screenshot.
    2. Go to Settings->Apps->(Gear Icon)->App permissions->Spoof package signatures and activate spoofing for microG Services Core. See screenshot.
    3. Go to Setings->Battery->Battery optimization and disable battery optimization for the following seen in the screenshot. microG Services Core and Services Framework Proxy should not be battery optimized. Others are optional.
    4. Goto Settings->Apps->(3 dot menu)->Show system and update permissions for Google contact & calendar sync if not updated by default.
    5. Open microG settings app from app drawer and configure backgrounds under UnifiedNlp Settings. See screenshot.
    6. Enable Google device registration and Google Cloud Messaging under Google Services. See screenshot.
    7. Reboot phone. This is a must.

Once you get back to your home screen, open the microG settings app and click on Self-Check. All options must be switched on. That's it. Open playstore and add your account. Read the official webpage or the xda thread for more information. Have fun!!!

Issues

Afaik, the only app that doesn't work is hangouts. I didn't have any other problems.
    You may also face delayed notifications from certain apps or for that matter no notifications. If you face such a situation, don't restore data for that app using tibu. Also don't battery optimize that app. Classic examples include mail, google+, whatsapp, tapatalk.
    Ditching Normal version

As i am gonna spend limited time going forward because of health issues, I am stopping support for the stock normal version of CM. I will be maintaining only my OMS version.
    Miui 8 will be coming pretty soon. Not by me.

7934832086f66a907ecca65e1882af1a.jpg

7631c3dd011c0d0ddf06cf14dc64ef5a.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Seems to be very quiet in here. I hope someone is still using this rom. Planning for a 7.1.1 update.

Also planning a cm with substratum theme engine as cmte is taking a while. I already have a test build running on my Motog4. The 7.1.1 broke it again. Once it is fixed, I will put out a test build.

https://github.com/sileshn/android_frameworks_base/tree/cm-14.1-oms
    https://github.com/sileshn/android_packages_apps_Settings/tree/cm-14.1-oms

Also @Mukiai is missing for a while now. Hope all is well.