[DISCUSSIONS][TESTING][ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 13 ALPHA Build

Search This thread

Rohit99

This is a test build I take no responsibility for what this may or may not do to your device.

NEED TESTERS
currently i don't have the device to test i will be getting my device in the next week .

1. Install CWM Recovery
2. Do Full Wipe If coming from another ROM
3. Flash ROM
4. Flash Google Apps (my recommendation is to install minipal gapps due to /system partition size limits)
5. Reboot

Code:
[B]Source[/B]
Here are the device tree :
Device Tree (from cm13 Nexus 9) : https://github.com/vickdu31/android_device_xiaomi_mocha
Kernel Tree (from Xiaomi KK) : https://github.com/vickdu31/android_kernel_xiaomi_mocha
Vendor Tree (old Xiaomi KK) : https://github.com/vickdu31/android_vendor_xiaomi_mocha
Thank you
@faust93 for cwm

XDA:DevDB Information
CM-13, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
Rohit99, tank0412, vickdu31
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-10
Last Updated 2016-12-13

Nihhaar

Oct 16, 2015
Ofc, it doesn't boot. And don't create threads without testing.

Last edited:

Harrynowl

Sep 17, 2016
You need to fix up SELinux and the init scripts. Taking a shield tablet device tree, renaming things to mocha and changing the fstab isn't enough. As far as I can tell the shieldtablet device tree also has dependency on a shield common tree. There's also no value in creating a new thread each time you push new commits :)

Our kernel from Xiaomi is also pretty useless without commit history. The device tree is also from shield tablet, not Nexus 9.

We also have a tree for building TWRP with OmniROM that you can compile TWRP 3.0.2.0 with.

Last edited:

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
What kernel repo is upstream one for tegra android? Like CAF for quallcom.

I've tried to merge xiaomi changes on l4t kernel https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_xiaomi_mocha
Merged dts files and arch/boot/march-tegra with some required drivers, but still cant boot it. Found somewhere here that l4t kernels is not for android, but for GNU/Linux, but what kernel is for android?

Cyanogenmod's shield kernel?

Reactions: boeseshirn

Harrynowl

Sep 17, 2016
What kernel repo is upstream one for tegra android? Like CAF for quallcom.

I've tried to merge xiaomi changes on l4t kernel https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_kernel_xiaomi_mocha
Merged dts files and arch/boot/march-tegra with some required drivers, but still cant boot it. Found somewhere here that l4t kernels is not for android, but for GNU/Linux, but what kernel is for android?

Cyanogenmod's shield kernel?

git://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/linux-3.10.git

I used rel-tn8-l-r7-shieldtablet8 to make a start on doing this. You could also use android_kernel_shield from CyanogenMod repo as it comes from the same place. But it will have a lot of extra commits for things not useful for mocha.

Here's what I have so far:
https://github.com/harrynowl/nvidia_tegra-3.10

highwaystar_ru

Sep 17, 2016
git://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/linux-3.10.git

I used rel-tn8-l-r7-shieldtablet8 to make a start on doing this. You could also use android_kernel_shield from CyanogenMod repo as it comes from the same place. But it will have a lot of extra commits for things not useful for mocha.

Here's what I have so far:
https://github.com/harrynowl/nvidia_tegra-3.10
Oh, intresting, cloned same url, but started other branch l4t/l4t-r21.5.

What status of your tree? Cant boot? We need minimal bootable kernel to be able to get dmesg and make further progress.

Harrynowl

Sep 17, 2016
Oh, intresting, cloned same url, but started other branch l4t/l4t-r21.5.

What status of your tree? Cant boot? We need minimal bootable kernel to be able to get dmesg and make further progress.

Untested, been doing device bring up. That kernel won't work yet anyway it's missing atmel, synaptic and battery firmware. (Plus the code that goes with it)

Some devs have one that gets to recovery but only 1 CPU core can come online and the CPU gets a bit hot. Unfortunately their commit history is hard to follow so I've not had a proper look at it yet

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
My my...it's been a while since I've seen a cringe-worthy dev thread on XDA. So OP just used the device tree from Nexus 9 (a 64-bit device with a different processor and nothing in common with the Mi Pad other than the fact that they use Nvidia SoCs and are both tablets), unmodified KITKAT kernel sources from Xiaomi (which takes work to make it boot, even on KK) and KITKAT userspace blobs to compile the ROM, and for some reason decided to share it without testing. The 10-post rule is meant to keep such people out of the development sub-forums, but obviously that's not working.
I do not understand why the moderators are allowing this thread to remain open. It's just a thread by a wannabe dev offering a non-bootable ROM that has the potential to brick the devices of many newbies who may decide to try this.
This thread is even more useless than the other "DEVS-ONLY" thread someone else made. Honestly, the entire Mi Pad forum is filled with people who either expect Android 7.1.1 to magically appear on their tabs just because Xiaomi released outdated kernel sources or just wanna create threads like this for the "thanks or whatever". The never ask for ETA rule seems to just float over their heads.

Now to some useful information. I believe, even if we patch the kernel enough for it to theoretically boot cm13, it probably won't, considering the outdated userspace blobs for the Mi Pad. Unless someone has the knowledge to take their tab apart and figure out how to get UART data, it will be virtually impossible for the mi pad kernel to boot any new version of Android. I heard another interesting approach taken by some russian devs at the Xiaomi forums. They've managed to port the kernel from the Nvidia shield (and apparently it's booting). Now this would mean we can use the userspace blobs from the Shield to at least get the ROM booting (most peripherals won't work, but that's step 2). I do not know whether they use GitHub or if they've even open-sourced their work, but now we know that it's possible, so that could be a possible method of approach.

EDIT: LOL. I just read the OP again. The "dev" expects donations to help him work harder. This from a person who posted his way into somehow compiling his first Android build without even having the damn device.

Last edited:

Harrynowl

Sep 17, 2016
My my...it's been a while since I've seen a cringe-worthy dev thread on XDA. So OP just used the device tree from Nexus 9 (a 64-bit device with a different processor and nothing in common with the Mi Pad other than the fact that they use Nvidia SoCs and are both tablets), unmodified KITKAT kernel sources from Xiaomi (which takes work to make it boot, even on KK) and KITKAT userspace blobs to compile the ROM, and for some reason decided to share it without testing. The 10-post rule is meant to keep such people out of the development sub-forums, but obviously that's not working.
I do not understand why the moderators are allowing this thread to remain open. It's just a thread by a wannabe dev offering a non-bootable ROM that has the potential to brick the devices of many newbies who may decide to try this.
This thread is even more useless than the other "DEVS-ONLY" thread someone else made. Honestly, the entire Mi Pad forum is filled with people who either expect Android 7.1.1 to magically appear on their tabs just because Xiaomi released outdated kernel sources or just wanna create threads like this for the "thanks or whatever". The never ask for ETA rule seems to just float over their heads.

Now to some useful information. I believe, even if we patch the kernel enough for it to theoretically boot cm13, it probably won't, considering the outdated userspace blobs for the Mi Pad. Unless someone has the knowledge to take their tab apart and figure out how to get UART data, it will be virtually impossible for the mi pad kernel to boot any new version of Android. I heard another interesting approach taken by some russian devs at the Xiaomi forums. They've managed to port the kernel from the Nvidia shield (and apparently it's booting). Now this would mean we can use the userspace blobs from the Shield to at least get the ROM booting (most peripherals won't work, but that's step 2). I do not know whether they use GitHub or if they've even open-sourced their work, but now we know that it's possible, so that could be a possible method of approach.

EDIT: LOL. I just read the OP again. The "dev" expects donations to help him work harder. This from a person who posted his way into somehow compiling his first Android build without even having the damn device.

I agree, this device has no development threads. Only 2 give me thanks and here's my donation link threads.

They have indeed used GitHub, but I don't believe they want to share the repo just yet so I won't post it publicly. It has many problems to sort and also sadly, they didn't keep the commit history from Nvidia as it was initialised via zip DL. It does boot to recovery though.

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
I agree, this device has no development threads. Only 2 give me thanks and here's my donation link threads.

They have indeed used GitHub, but I don't believe they want to share the repo just yet so I won't post it publicly. It has many problems to sort and also sadly, they didn't keep the commit history from Nvidia as it was initialised via zip DL. It does boot to recovery though.

Oh! I didn't realize we were talking about the same person/team. I'd love to start developing for this device. In fact, I'm working on KEXEC-hardboot and Multirom right now, but I'd like to follow what you guys are doing and contribute as much as I can. Is there an IRC channel/IM app you guys use for communication? If so, I'd appreciate it if you could PM the info.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is new test build: cm-12.1-20170105-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip

Fixed:
    Sensors working now using MultiHAL from CyanogenMod xiaomi ferrari device tree.
    Building now with common_full_tablet_wifionly.mk template to drop useless telephony.

Doesnt work:
    Wifi doesnt reconncet after sleep
    Laggy video playback.
    Cameras doesnt work

Any help with fixing this issues are welcome.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Meaning log with video lag issue is
    Code:
    D/NvOsDebugPrintf(30212): TVMR: cbBeginSequence: 1013: NumOfSurfaces = 8, InteraceStream = 0, InterlaceEnabled = 0, bSecure = 0, MVC = 0 Semiplanar = 1, bReinit = 1 
    D/NvOsDebugPrintf(30212): Allocating new output: 1280x720 (x 10), ThumbnailMode = 0
    E/OMXNodeInstance(30212): setParameter(23:Nvidia.h264.decode, ParamPortDefinition(0x2000001)) ERROR: UnsupportedSetting(0x80001019)
    W/ACodec  (29931): [OMX.Nvidia.h264.decode] setting nBufferCountActual to 15 failed: -1010
    E/OMXNodeInstance(30212): setParameter(23:Nvidia.h264.decode, ParamPortDefinition(0x2000001)) ERROR: UnsupportedSetting(0x80001019)
    W/ACodec  (29931): [OMX.Nvidia.h264.decode] setting nBufferCountActual to 14 failed: -1010
    W/ACodec  (29931): [OMX.Nvidia.h264.decode] setting nBufferCountActual to 13 failed: -1010

Hardware codec reports for some reason than it doesnt support something.
    This is a test build I take no responsibility for what this may or may not do to your device.

NEED TESTERS
    currently i don't have the device to test i will be getting my device in the next week .

1. Install CWM Recovery
    2. Do Full Wipe If coming from another ROM
    3. Flash ROM
    4. Flash Google Apps (my recommendation is to install minipal gapps due to /system partition size limits)
    5. Reboot

Code:
    [B]Source[/B]
    Here are the device tree :
    Device Tree (from cm13 Nexus 9) : https://github.com/vickdu31/android_device_xiaomi_mocha
    Kernel Tree (from Xiaomi KK) : https://github.com/vickdu31/android_kernel_xiaomi_mocha
    Vendor Tree (old Xiaomi KK) : https://github.com/vickdu31/android_vendor_xiaomi_mocha
    Thank you
    @faust93 for cwm

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM-13, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Pad

Contributors
    Rohit99, tank0412, vickdu31
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-12-10
    Last Updated 2016-12-13
    Small update here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5_sAUH2ebtgTkhGQWxucl85dEk/edit

Fixed
    headset jack detection
    leds (keys backlight and notification led)
    fixed navagation keys codes for synaptics touch panel
    simcard icon removed
    /system/vendor/lib/hw/power.tegra.so blob removed

Camera and sensors doesnt work. Something wrong with wifi, always disconnect after sleep.
    Good new everyone! Sound now working on cm 12.1.
    Here is new test build: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5PmQOJwoI0wMExsQzdwVEJhMms

To build same your need some patches fro missing symbols https://github.com/HighwayStar/android_device_xiaomi_mocha/issues/2 . Help for implementing these patches as .so libs (shims) for loading in LD_PRELOAD are welcome.

Device tree and vendor updated on github. The main problem was in audio.primary.tegra.so. It uses MonoPipe class from frameworks/av, which changed significantly since 4.4. Fortunatly it used only in 2 functions. I binary patched audio.primary.tegra.so to skip them, so its not call MonoPipe constructor any more and doesnt crash. Second issue is something different in libtinyalsa.so, use binary from miui for now.
    make a new build with all fixes till now, and
    whats are the bugs now,
    camera?!

Here is build with all fixes for now cm-12.1-20170108-UNOFFICIAL-mocha.zip
    /system/vendor/lib/mediadrm/libwvdrmengine.so from shield included to fix youtube app
    custom libEGL trying to fix random force closes
    on-screen navbar removed

Doesnt work:
    camera
    hardware decoded video plays laggy for me