[MODv3] [NMF26V] NavBar Tuner, Additional QS Tile Rows, NavBar DPI - TWRP Flashable

Search This thread

stranula

May 28, 2011
Ann Arbor
**I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK**

**UPDATE v3 2017.01.04**
I've updated the mod to NMF26V. NMF26V increased the size of the NavBar to a ridiculous 48dpi, so I've had to add mod intermediate steps. I've also added 0dpi/0dpi, as some people have requested this. So far, I've tested each version and it has worked, but if you find an issue, let me know and I'll fix it. You can always return to stock.

The mods that can be applied are:

NavBar/StatusBar dpi
0dpi/0dpi
0dpi/20dpi
0dpi/24dpi
32dpi/24dpi
32dpi/20dpi
36dpi/24dpi
36dpi/20dpi
40dpi/24dpi
40dpi/20dpi
44dpi/24dpi
44dpi/20dpi
48dpi/20dpi

SystemUI Mods
NavBarUI Manager + Brightness
NavBarUI Manager + Brightness + 4 QS Tiles
NavBarUI Manager + Brightness + 4 QS Tiles + Battery Mod

Download here Stranula_Full_Flash_v3

**/UPDATE**

**UPDATE**
I've now used Aroma to make a TWRP flashable zip making this much easier to install.
Now in order to install, simply download the Stranula.Full.Flash.v2.zip reboot to TWRP recovery, install the zip, and select which mods you want. You can only select one SystemUIGoogle.apk and one framework-res.apk to install. I've also now included the stock apks, so you can easily revert back.

Download Stranula.Full.Flash.v2.zip

**/Update**

Coming from Galaxy devices, I got used to the "Back" button on the right and the "Recents" button on the left of the device, and have been trying to figure out a way to do this on the Pixel.

After looking at [MOD] - WETA UI Mods - [3MinitBattery][NavTuner][centerclock][navbarheight], I knew this had the answer, but I couldn't get it to work on NMF26Q, so after a bit of googling, I found this [MOD][GUIDE] Enable Navbar Tuner for Nougat [7.0] which gave me what I needed to make the mod myself. Finally, thanks to help from fritzgerald I also now know how to add the full battery % in the status bar instead of the battery icon (more details here [GUIDE] Add Battery % to Statusbar ! [Updated Stock 2.3+, CM9/10/10.1 etc -28.9.14])

I made 3 versions, and unless someone suggests a change that I would personally use, I do not intend to make any other changes, or respond to requests.

SystemUIGoogle-NavBar+Brightness.apk has the modifcation to add NavBar Tuner to the SystemUI Tuner as well as the option to remove the brightness slider from the dropdown.

SystemUIGoogle-NavBar+Brightness+4Tile.apk has the same, but additionally, when the full QS is pulled down, it will display 4 columns instead of 3.

SystemUIGoogle-NavBar+Brightness+4Tile+BatteryMod.apk has the same, but additionally has the battery % in the statusbar.

that's great work! Maybe you can have a mod for navbar height too?

I've gone ahead and made a 0dpi, 32dpi, 36dpi, and 40dpi version. The 0dpi will leave you with no NavBar, so make sure you already have another option installed.

If this helps you, please say thanks!

Last edited:

stranula

May 28, 2011
Ann Arbor
**Manual Install Instructions**
SystemUIGoogle.apk
**MUST BE ROOTED**
1. Download the desired file
2. Using Root Browser, rename the file to SystemUIGoogle.apk
3. Copy SystemUIGoogle.apk to /system/priv-app/SystemUIGoogle/
4. Change permissions to rw-r--r--
5. Reboot System

framework-res.apk
I found that these cannot be installed while the system is running, so they need to be installed through TWRP.
1. Download your file of choice
2. Rename the file to framework-res.apk
3. Boot into TWRP Recovery
4. If it does not ask for your password, reboot to recovery again
5. Select Mount
5.1 Check System
5.2 Go back
6. Select Advanced
6.1 Select File Manager
7. Navigate to /system/system/framework/
7.1 Long press framework-res.apk
7.2 Rename to framework-res.apk.bkk
8. Navigate to /sdcard/download/
8.1 Long press framework-res.apk
8.2 Select Copy File
9. Navigate to /system/system/framework/
10. Select the Check Mark in the bottom right corner to copy
11. Navigate to /system/system/framework/
11.1 Long press framework-res.apk
11.2 Select chmod 755
12. Reboot to system

Last edited:

fritzgerald

Mar 8, 2007
Bakersfield
Sharing these for anyone that wants them. I noticed you were asking for the battery percent mod.

Framework Mods:
Disabled screen on/off on USB connect/disconnect.
40dp NavBar.

SystemUI Mods:
NavBar Tuner added to SystemUI Tuner
Disable Brightness added to SystemUI Tuner
QS Tiles increased to 6
Battery percent added to Status Bar

Too big to attach to the post.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bogpgl1l93ig6ek/NMF26Q Mods.rar?dl=1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161221-005518.jpg
    Screenshot_20161221-005518.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Screenshot_20161221-005747.jpg
    Screenshot_20161221-005747.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 1,106
  • Screenshot_20161221-010132.jpg
    Screenshot_20161221-010132.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Screenshot_20161221-010148.jpg
    Screenshot_20161221-010148.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 1,055
Last edited:
Reactions: Chronzy

stranula

May 28, 2011
Ann Arbor
Sharing these for anyone that wants them. I noticed you were asking for the battery percent mod.

Framework Mods:
40dp NavBar.

SystemUI Mods:
QS Tiles increased to 6

That's great. Which apk, and what code, do you edit for the battery mod?

**UPDATE**
After comparing our files, I figured out how you did it, then subsequently found where you got the mod from. I'm glad to finally have the battery mod.

Last edited:

fritzgerald

Mar 8, 2007
Bakersfield
That's great. Which apk, and what code, do you edit for the battery mod?

**UPDATE**
After comparing our files, I figured out how you did it, then subsequently found where you got the mod from. I'm glad to finally have the battery mod.

It's an old mod, I just pulled it in to this framework. Haven't really modded since my SGS2 but figured I'd start it up again. Feel free to shoot a PM if you ever get stuck and want a second set of eyes.

stranula

May 28, 2011
Ann Arbor
I've updated this mod with a TWRP flashable zip file containing all of the mods in one. I don't have any testers, so I've only tested it myself, and so far everything is working.

If you happen to use these mods, and the installer, please let me know if everything works, or if you experience any problems.

JAYNO20

Jun 24, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA

Framework Mods:
40dp NavBar.

SystemUI Mods:
QS Tiles increased to 6

Any way to have this but have the QS tiles at 4 and no battery percent?

hochoch

Dec 20, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 3 XL
I've updated this mod with a TWRP flashable zip file containing all of the mods in one. I don't have any testers, so I've only tested it myself, and so far everything is working.

If you happen to use these mods, and the installer, please let me know if everything works, or if you experience any problems.

just installed and working great! i got so used to the back button being on the other side, took some time to get used to it on the new phone, but now I realize I'm going to have to re-learn the buttons again since i'm finally used to them!

Thank you for this! Now if someone can just get a slide finger over status bar for brightness and volume keys for change track going i'll be all set!!!

stranula

May 28, 2011
Ann Arbor
just installed and working great! i got so used to the back button being on the other side, took some time to get used to it on the new phone, but now I realize I'm going to have to re-learn the buttons again since i'm finally used to them!

Thank you for this! Now if someone can just get a slide finger over status bar for brightness and volume keys for change track going i'll be all set!!!

Great, thanks for letting me know. I also want the brightness adjuster, I will start looking into that now.

I'll also look for the volume key thing, but uncertain if I'll find that one.

hochoch

Dec 20, 2010
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 3 XL
Great, thanks for letting me know. I also want the brightness adjuster, I will start looking into that now.

I'll also look for the volume key thing, but uncertain if I'll find that one.

awesome - really don't feel like starting w/ custom roms again and just want to tweak a few things! Oh - last request - rotate volume keys when screen rotates. those 3 things and i'm so golden! Thanks for your hard work!!!

stranula

May 28, 2011
Ann Arbor
Any chance one of the options for adding a button to the nav bar could be "take a screenshot"?

I'm really only proficient enough to implement changes other people have done the work to figure out. I was a bit more involved a couple of years ago, and this is my first jump into modding Nougat, so I'm still trying to refamiliarize myself. That being said, if you can point me to guides for Mods of interest, I can try to implement them.

stranula

May 28, 2011
Ann Arbor
Will this also work on NMF26O?

I haven't tried. My #1 recommendation is to update then install. However, if that was what you wanted to do, you wouldn't have asked.

So, my #2 recommendation is to go into TWRP, mount system, open file manager, rename /system/system/framework/framework-res.apk to framework-res.apk.bkk and /system/system/priv-app/SystemUIGoogle/SystemUIGoogle.apk to SystemUIGoogle.apk.bkk.

Now you've backed up your original files. Install my mods and reboot. If they work, awesome, let us know. If they do not, boot back into TWRP and restore your original files, then come back here and let us know.

mmmsauce

Nov 21, 2014
High Point
I haven't tried. My #1 recommendation is to update then install. However, if that was what you wanted to do, you wouldn't have asked.

So, my #2 recommendation is to go into TWRP, mount system, open file manager, rename /system/system/framework/framework-res.apk to framework-res.apk.bkk and /system/system/priv-app/SystemUIGoogle/SystemUIGoogle.apk to SystemUIGoogle.apk.bkk.

Now you've backed up your original files. Install my mods and reboot. If they work, awesome, let us know. If they do not, boot back into TWRP and restore your original files, then come back here and let us know.
I will definitely try that once I get back on wifi!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES TO YOUR DEVICE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK**

**UPDATE v3 2017.01.04**
    I've updated the mod to NMF26V. NMF26V increased the size of the NavBar to a ridiculous 48dpi, so I've had to add mod intermediate steps. I've also added 0dpi/0dpi, as some people have requested this. So far, I've tested each version and it has worked, but if you find an issue, let me know and I'll fix it. You can always return to stock.

The mods that can be applied are:

NavBar/StatusBar dpi
    0dpi/0dpi
    0dpi/20dpi
    0dpi/24dpi
    32dpi/24dpi
    32dpi/20dpi
    36dpi/24dpi
    36dpi/20dpi
    40dpi/24dpi
    40dpi/20dpi
    44dpi/24dpi
    44dpi/20dpi
    48dpi/20dpi

SystemUI Mods
    NavBarUI Manager + Brightness
    NavBarUI Manager + Brightness + 4 QS Tiles
    NavBarUI Manager + Brightness + 4 QS Tiles + Battery Mod

Download here Stranula_Full_Flash_v3

**/UPDATE**

**UPDATE**
    I've now used Aroma to make a TWRP flashable zip making this much easier to install.
    Now in order to install, simply download the Stranula.Full.Flash.v2.zip reboot to TWRP recovery, install the zip, and select which mods you want. You can only select one SystemUIGoogle.apk and one framework-res.apk to install. I've also now included the stock apks, so you can easily revert back.

Download Stranula.Full.Flash.v2.zip

**/Update**

Coming from Galaxy devices, I got used to the "Back" button on the right and the "Recents" button on the left of the device, and have been trying to figure out a way to do this on the Pixel.

After looking at [MOD] - WETA UI Mods - [3MinitBattery][NavTuner][centerclock][navbarheight], I knew this had the answer, but I couldn't get it to work on NMF26Q, so after a bit of googling, I found this [MOD][GUIDE] Enable Navbar Tuner for Nougat [7.0] which gave me what I needed to make the mod myself. Finally, thanks to help from fritzgerald I also now know how to add the full battery % in the status bar instead of the battery icon (more details here [GUIDE] Add Battery % to Statusbar ! [Updated Stock 2.3+, CM9/10/10.1 etc -28.9.14])

I made 3 versions, and unless someone suggests a change that I would personally use, I do not intend to make any other changes, or respond to requests.

SystemUIGoogle-NavBar+Brightness.apk has the modifcation to add NavBar Tuner to the SystemUI Tuner as well as the option to remove the brightness slider from the dropdown.

SystemUIGoogle-NavBar+Brightness+4Tile.apk has the same, but additionally, when the full QS is pulled down, it will display 4 columns instead of 3.

SystemUIGoogle-NavBar+Brightness+4Tile+BatteryMod.apk has the same, but additionally has the battery % in the statusbar.

that's great work! Maybe you can have a mod for navbar height too?

I've gone ahead and made a 0dpi, 32dpi, 36dpi, and 40dpi version. The 0dpi will leave you with no NavBar, so make sure you already have another option installed.

If this helps you, please say thanks!
    **Manual Install Instructions**
    SystemUIGoogle.apk
    **MUST BE ROOTED**
    1. Download the desired file
    2. Using Root Browser, rename the file to SystemUIGoogle.apk
    3. Copy SystemUIGoogle.apk to /system/priv-app/SystemUIGoogle/
    4. Change permissions to rw-r--r--
    5. Reboot System

framework-res.apk
    I found that these cannot be installed while the system is running, so they need to be installed through TWRP.
    1. Download your file of choice
    2. Rename the file to framework-res.apk
    3. Boot into TWRP Recovery
    4. If it does not ask for your password, reboot to recovery again
    5. Select Mount
    5.1 Check System
    5.2 Go back
    6. Select Advanced
    6.1 Select File Manager
    7. Navigate to /system/system/framework/
    7.1 Long press framework-res.apk
    7.2 Rename to framework-res.apk.bkk
    8. Navigate to /sdcard/download/
    8.1 Long press framework-res.apk
    8.2 Select Copy File
    9. Navigate to /system/system/framework/
    10. Select the Check Mark in the bottom right corner to copy
    11. Navigate to /system/system/framework/
    11.1 Long press framework-res.apk
    11.2 Select chmod 755
    12. Reboot to system
    File is only 30mb and I'm getting a corrupted zip? I tried all mirrors, file is exactly the same size. V2 was 88mb.

Maybe I'm not waiting long enough and ADH is still getting the upload.

My mistake. New link incoming. Give me a few minutes and try again

**UPDATE**
    Link should be fixed now.

Framework Mods:
    40dp NavBar.

SystemUI Mods:
    QS Tiles increased to 6

I noticed twrp has its own root, but perhaps it's not enough.

You can always unzip the installer, and manually install the files of choice through TWRP file manager.