Galaxy s7 edge disappointment

Search This thread

sessingø

Jun 4, 2014
I've always been a huge fan of Android. I remember getting my first HTC Desire many years ago - the things you could do was unbelievable at that time.

Many years have passed and the technology has advanced greatly since then, however one thing that keeps bugging me is how Android still are performing - especially with third party developers like Samsung.

I've been using a iPhone 6s for some time and decided it was time to return to Android. I spent a lot of time researching which phone to chose, and to my surprise, everyone was prasing the s7 edge like it was the next big thing since the wheel.

So... I get one of them and the first thing I notice is how completely laggy the entire phone is. How can a phone with so crazy hardware have such a laggy interface - and how come no one has spoken about this in any reviews? Is it just normal Android behavior - or do you get blind to this when using it for years? I don't get it - and I really regret buying this phone because of this.

Scrolling stutters, typing to fast in chrome while it is loading makes the keyboard freeze for a moment and I don't enjoy the experience. I turned in my nexus 5 and even though it was way more fluent than the s7 in the interface, it has the same underlying stutter/lagg problems but on a way lesser scale.

Usually I'm really pro android - but anyone saying this **** is fluid and fast are lying to themselves or in denial. Try using an iPhone for once - I know it's like comparing Apple and oranges - but it's without a doubt a way better experience, the touch feels like it's moving at the same speed as the finger and best of all. I think we need some kind of nanotechnology to get even close to that experience on Android :(

Why are you flashing custom roms on xda if it wasn't for the hope of getting a super-fast rom with great battery and no lagg? And am I overreacting? Why aren't everyday Android users bugged by this?

chanhny

Nov 19, 2009
I've always been a huge fan of Android. I remember getting my first HTC Desire many years ago - the things you could do was unbelievable at that time.

Many years have passed and the technology has advanced greatly since then, however one thing that keeps bugging me is how Android still are performing - especially with third party developers like Samsung.

I've been using a iPhone 6s for some time and decided it was time to return to Android. I spent a lot of time researching which phone to chose, and to my surprise, everyone was prasing the s7 edge like it was the next big thing since the wheel.

So... I get one of them and the first thing I notice is how completely laggy the entire phone is. How can a phone with so crazy hardware have such a laggy interface - and how come no one has spoken about this in any reviews? Is it just normal Android behavior - or do you get blind to this when using it for years? I don't get it - and I really regret buying this phone because of this.

Scrolling stutters, typing to fast in chrome while it is loading makes the keyboard freeze for a moment and I don't enjoy the experience. I turned in my nexus 5 and even though it was way more fluent than the s7 in the interface, it has the same underlying stutter/lagg problems but on a way lesser scale.

Usually I'm really pro android - but anyone saying this **** is fluid and fast are lying to themselves or in denial. Try using an iPhone for once - I know it's like comparing Apple and oranges - but it's without a doubt a way better experience, the touch feels like it's moving at the same speed as the finger and best of all. I think we need some kind of nanotechnology to get even close to that experience on Android :(

Why are you flashing custom roms on xda if it wasn't for the hope of getting a super-fast rom with great battery and no lagg? And am I overreacting? Why aren't everyday Android users bugged by this?

With 2k resolution and many bloatware of U.S network. You can see slow because android no long animation and no wait loaded and touch like ios, fhd resolution of ios. With android 7 and FHD, s7 edge will very smooth.

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
You got a duff one by the sounds of it. You answer your own question really, nobody in reviews etc. is talking about your issues because, they are your issues.

Have the Exnyos model here on the EE network and I don't get any of the issues regarding speed and fluidity etc.
Yep. My thinking too. A lemon. iPhones have lemons too.

Reactions: Chris_c81

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Meh I feel with the power the S7 Edge has you would expect much higher fluidity in this day and age of phone technology. My old iPhone 4s was smooth as butter. In comparison Samsung has always felt like butter but with crumbs in it. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my S7 Edge but it could be better...

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

darixtorento1

Apr 20, 2015

As a s7 edge owner, I have no idea what are you talking about.
my s7 edge is 4 months old and working great
never rooted/ flashed another version
never downloaded cleanmaster apk, taskmanager ect.. never used it

my phone has been working great 4 months so far. Interface is smooth....
everything is smooth

you right- no need to root and mess up with your phone in order to make it work
Take your phone back to the store . try a factory reset under settings maybe it will help.

plus remember android 7 / 7.1.1 will be coming this month. As i checked on youtube and changeloge, there are tons of new features.
the update may solve the problem as well but i would not wait for that

good luck!

Last edited:

roba93

Aug 19, 2016
tried many diffrent roms for the samsung s7 (flat) currently on Nougat 7 beta
All Roms i've tried are smooth and i never experienced lag or stutter on any of them.
I think you have bad software or broken phone.
Try a factory reset, or return to the Samsung store and explain the issue.

Reactions: rowbaggie22

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Funny thing is I had the iPhone 7+ before coming back to Sammy, and I find this phone more stable than the iPhone. iOS10 was a big disappointment and I had a lot of hiccups on the iPhone 7+.

Can't wait to see what the S8 looks like too!

a.tiger

Nov 28, 2009
Reading (Uk) / Essen (Ger)
I have an ipad air 2 it's slowly to if you install to many apps. My problem with Samsung I can't delete debloat all the crapp what come with the phone without root. And most things are useless in my eyes. I switched from i9300 slimrom and than cm roms . The firmware should be small and fast. My slomrom was 200mbyte now I have to download 1.5gbyte . I don't want know comes in 10years properly 10gigabyte firmwares. :)

I have had my S7 since release day and i am a heavy user of my phone with way too many apps installed (120+) and yet i have no lag at all. I can type as fast as i want, scrolling your long post had no stutter or lag, and thats with a ton of background apps and a pop up video running! All i will say is my phone is a little warm. I am no fan of Apple so i cant compare but my nephew has switched from being an Apple user his whole life to the S7 and he is happy. There are missing features yes but performance wise he says he cant tell any difference so i take him on his word about that. I would consider if a) you have a dud or b) you have a fake. Either way, get it checked out because like the others say, you cant be right and everyone else be wrong!

chrissey

Feb 11, 2011
sessingo is not wrong.... I've used since two month an Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL and, despite the device is loaded full of bloatware, the user experience is far better than with my S7 Edge. So, for me, the user experience on Android can be very good (my Asus for example) with no stutter, no lags, very snappy, even if the hardware is mid-range. It's like night and day between the two devices !!!

Sure the feeling on an Iphone is great, compared to the S7 and Edge. And I'm a big fan of Android and Samsung since the Galaxy S2...

Vivacity

Feb 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21

Loll did the iphone guys send you or are you just dumb? you never thought about maybe you have a defective phone before posting all this? obviously no one is experiencing these "lags" you're talking about. that's why nobody complains about it.

jw250

Mar 9, 2017

I've very recently changed from my old iPhone 6 Plus to the S7 Edge and I know exactly what you mean. The 6 Plus was my first iPhone having had many Android devices prior to that. Although the S7 Edge is lightning quick, and opening and closing apps etc is super-fast, it has a 'twitch' to it, particularly when scrolling. Also, exactly as you describe, when moving your thumb slowly up and down you feel out-of-sync with the screen. I noticed it immediately, and then even got out my old iPhone to compare just in case I was imagining it. I wasn't. They behave very differently. Its amazing what you get used to. It doesn't feel as polished an experience I'm afraid.

There's lots of comments asking 'how can your phone be laggy? Mine's super-fast' - well I think there's a misunderstanding about what we're describing. For me, it's not that the phone isn't fast, it is. Very. It's about how it feels to interact with. It just feels 'twitchy' and not totally in sync with my gestures. I do get the odd weird freeze on many apps. I wouldn't call it lag but just a short millisecond pause that you're not expecting that throws what you're doing out of kilter. It's nothing to do with power. Just the architecture I think. We probably wouldn't notice these things if we hadn't switched from one platform to the other. I'm don't really want to get into the 'which is best' nonsense. I do slightly regret changing but the Apple handsets were boring, physically - design wise - and the S7 Edge is a beautiful looking phone. I'd underetimated how much I'd miss certain things though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

As a s7 edge owner, I have no idea what are you talking about.
    my s7 edge is 4 months old and working great
    never rooted/ flashed another version
    never downloaded cleanmaster apk, taskmanager ect.. never used it

my phone has been working great 4 months so far. Interface is smooth....
    everything is smooth

you right- no need to root and mess up with your phone in order to make it work
    Take your phone back to the store . try a factory reset under settings maybe it will help.

plus remember android 7 / 7.1.1 will be coming this month. As i checked on youtube and changeloge, there are tons of new features.
    the update may solve the problem as well but i would not wait for that

good luck!

Hmm actually the S7 edge is the first Android phone where I really won't bother to flash anything just to make it faster. I have absolutely no problems with fluidness...
    Are you using the SD or Exynos one?
    Funny thing is I had the iPhone 7+ before coming back to Sammy, and I find this phone more stable than the iPhone. iOS10 was a big disappointment and I had a lot of hiccups on the iPhone 7+.

Can't wait to see what the S8 looks like too!

With 2k resolution and many bloatware of U.S network. You can see slow because android no long animation and no wait loaded and touch like ios, fhd resolution of ios. With android 7 and FHD, s7 edge will very smooth.