Find Your Device:
Or Continue to Thread: Root Success
2nd January 2017, 12:54 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
A few observations on rooting my M3 BTV-DL09
Hi all,

I bought myself this rather nice tablet as an x-mas present here in Finland during the holidays. I always start using a new tablet by rooting it, and this was no exception. I just wanted to inform you of a few observations, in the unlikely case they might be of use to anyone. The #1 unlock worked fine, but the #2 gave a bit of an issue. I couldn't get the proper drivers (Win7 64-bit) to install at all, so ADB wasn't having it.

I then decided to install the built-in Huawei hi-whatever management application suite that appeared when connecting the tablet to the usb port -> problem instantly solved . After that it was only a matter of installing twrp by following any of the many guides for installing using adb. Finally I just googled "install supersu using twrp" and followed the first link on theandroidsouldotcom (can't post links yet, I'm a noob). Easiest root ever, and no need for step #3 (the SRK tool).

The tablet now works excatly as I want it to, scrolling is not an issue at all, and the feature set is all I can ever hope for in a sub 400 euro device. It even runs the occasionally picky DJI Go app for my Phantom 3 quadcopter just fine. Thanks to everyone in this thread for pointing me the way to root bliss!

/MarcusBr, Finland
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MarcusBr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarcusBr Ad-Free