[Rom][N7 Port][11.09.2017] [Multi-DPI] Phronesis Rom N7 v7.0 Feature Rich & Smooth

Search This thread

PaperRockets

Jul 11, 2012
uhm, I was going to change my dpi to 360, same as phronesis 5.1 and says that I can't go lower than 420, wtf?

How can I change this?
ROM control ---- Utilities ---- Change device dpi dynamically --- select the dpi you need

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

I need help. I dont get notifications on Whats App or Viber. I tried several options mentioned here to insure the programs are not blocked by going into settings and checking both "Notifications" and "Device Maintenance". I dont have the Smart Manager App with the auto run functionality. Appreciate help with this issue, i really like this ROM but cant afford to not get any notifications. Thxs
Have a look at my answer directly below your post, make sure to follow the steps and ensure they have not been optimized.

Also, have you enabled power saving mode? There is a customization that allows you to disable/enable background network usage when using the mode. Customize it and ensure it has been disabled.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Is it possible to install xpoused on this rom? If yes, can you tell me how and where is can get the file?
Thx in advance

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk
Yes.

Read post # 6 on the first page of this thread.

Ahmed.awwad

Nov 30, 2015
ROM control ---- Utilities ---- Change device dpi dynamically --- select the dpi you need

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Have a look at my answer directly below your post, make sure to follow the steps and ensure they have not been optimized.

Also, have you enabled power saving mode? There is a customization that allows you to disable/enable background network usage when using the mode. Customize it and ensure it has been disabled.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Yes.

Read post # 6 on the first page of this thread.
Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible to provide me wiyh the steps?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Giuliana Zoey

Apr 13, 2016
Sir pwde po ba ko mag palit ng baseband version?
kasi po napansin ko yung prob. ng phone ko is nakaka receive at text naman siya pero after ng ilang text d kna mkkpag send kaylangan mo pa mag restart ng phone. dahil po ba sa lumang baseband yon?

-N900S
thanks po
Pre, try to speak (type) in english. It's against the rule to use diff. language here I think. Yes you may use diff/latest baseband. Use the search button. There's a separate post regarding basebands.

BBXiong

Jul 27, 2010
hi all, recently I had a bad phone restart at 4.0 and that caused the phone to factory reset, and all apps are gone and not even google play is available it seems. I then wiped /data partition and /system and clean installed 4.1. Ever since then, my GPS has been acting up. With most configuration file, i can see more than 20 satellites, with at least 7-10 satellites > 20 SNR, and at times, more than 5 has green signal. However, despite that, it seems like it would always have 0 satellite in use. I tried changing the GPS conf file using PRC, and so far only configuration 9 gives me a lock, and even that, I need to wait at least 2 minutes, and was only connected to 5-6 satellites, instead of 8-10 satellites before this. Does anyone know what could have went wrong that have caused my phone to not able to connect to the satellites, even though they are in view and has decent signal?

angelspid

Nov 3, 2010
Very good ROM, well done, but there is a bug with system UI. When I set stock System UI the options in multiwindows mode are gone, only X button, but there is no problem in advanced System UI. There is a fix for that.
Thanks ! :) :) :)

Last edited:

screaminbrod

Sep 27, 2012
Makati City
I need help. I dont get notifications on Whats App or Viber. I tried several options mentioned here to insure the programs are not blocked by going into settings and checking both "Notifications" and "Device Maintenance". I dont have the Smart Manager App with the auto run functionality. Appreciate help with this issue, i really like this ROM but cant afford to not get any notifications. Thxs

I'm not sure if you have done this:

Try to uninstall & reinstall the programs.
Make sure you do the register process, from scratch then just restore the data part of those apps if u need the messages
Enable all permissions for the apps

Go to notifications & validate if these apps are disabled or part of the DND list.

Regards,
LEE

mdfpido

Aug 17, 2012
Sir pwde po ba ko mag palit ng baseband version?
kasi po napansin ko yung prob. ng phone ko is nakaka receive at text naman siya pero after ng ilang text d kna mkkpag send kaylangan mo pa mag restart ng phone. dahil po ba sa lumang baseband yon?

-N900S
thanks po

Bro, since this is an international forum, please only speak in English. It's in the rules, pasensya na.

I never had any issues with SMS before but for what I read here and other threads, please check your APN settings. Make sure you're using the same APN your service provider is using. That's a wild guess. Try searching the thread for similar issues.

Guys any help here?

oluwaponmile

Dec 19, 2007
Very good ROM, well done, but there is a bug with system UI. When I set stock System UI the options in multiwindows mode are gone, only X button, but there is no problem in advanced System UI. There is a fix for that.
Thanks ! :) :) :)

Here you go. This fix will install stock SystemUI and also replace the one in your sdcard for future usage

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170119-114744_Ink_LI.jpg
    Screenshot_20170119-114744_Ink_LI.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 2,491

lion_sta

Jan 22, 2010
Chisinau
No need to have your phone rooted. There is option in aroma to have your phone rooted for you. You will need a custom recovery as stated in OP under "Rom Installation:"

Make choices in Aroma. - That's what it says.
But how do I get there. Do I need to first enter recovery mode using my power button and volume?

And just in case, never heard of Aroma before.

Last edited:

chalofito

Apr 18, 2014
Veracruz
This ROM is wonderful, of that there is no doubt, it fulfills everything, but there are details that in my person I can not ignore.
1.-The issues are applied very well, but the switches do not change, although we have MM, the switches still appear with (off / on), and not like the originals of MM.

2.- hopefully and consider moving the settings of PRC, AUTOSTARY And SERVICES IN EXECUTION to the other part, when you change the colors of the themes that remain black.

I hope and can correct this insignificant detail, but that adds a perfection to the ROM, THANKS and I hope soon surprise us with more experience that only PR can give us.
Greetings team Phronesis ROM @oluwaponmile, @filchi756 and @Logel

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2017-01-19-08-48-36.png
    SmartSelectImage_2017-01-19-08-48-36.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 501
  • SmartSelectImage_2017-01-19-09-09-14.png
    SmartSelectImage_2017-01-19-09-09-14.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 499
I
You can change the fonts manually if you know what you're doing.

In other rom i just had to go to screen, fonts and select the one that i wanted.
Can you explain me why do i do a backup of this rom and wen i restore it its all black?

im so getting tyred of failure...can anyone help me?
can someone upload tw laucher from s7 ( 6X5 ) so i can fla**** via recovery?
it just keep getting tw stoped. its the 10th time i reflash my phone. :(

Last edited:

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
can i flash this on SM-N900?
and i have the latest TWRP
If the OP says you can or if you bother to use search for your question .

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Make choices in Aroma. - That's what it says.
But how do I get there. Do I need to first enter recovery mode using my power button and volume?

And just in case, never heard of Aroma before.
Read the OP instructions before flashing.
Aroma is the multifunction installer for the rom .

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Rom][N7 Port][11.09.2017] [Multi-DPI] Phronesis Rom N7 v7.0 Feature Rich & Smooth

attachment.php

Phronesis Rom Series, Here we go again....we are known for our professionalism and excellence because "We Know How"

Phronesis rom series has become a household name to owners of N3 over the years and we are known for our feature rich and stable rom. You're about to enjoy yet another of our masterpiece.

This Port has been in development for some weeks now and great effort has been made to bring you once in a life time experience with your Note3 again. I and the
    team have been working hard behind the curtain to make it one of the best ever. It's stable, solid, feature rich and full of customization you will ever need.

As before, this Port and other MM ports probably wouldn't have been possible without the tremendous effort of my dear friend @darkera13 who has been a great person and a good friend. You sincerely have our respect. Thanks for your assistance, really appreciated.

This rom could be seen as collections of best goodies around put together by the capable expertise of the Phronesis Team in the person of my very dear friends
    @filchi756, @DaOldMan and @Logel

This thread should be seen as family thread where our aim is to spread love and respect. Always be courteous to others and ask for help in a manner that
    people will be willing to help you. Please respect my team members as we are doing this for fun spending countless hours to make things perfect and not
    requesting any financial support, we will never ask you...

Credit to the following wonderful friends:

- @filchi756 - You will surely want to have him as your right-hand man. Always truthful, understandable, committed and very friendly. You're such a
    wonderful person and a perfect gentleman. This Phronesis Rom Series wouldn't have been in existence without you, always encouraging me to start something. Thanks for all your assistance my very good friend.
    - @DaOldMan - Thanks for all your effort.
    - @Logel - A gentle and amazing individual. Thanks for making sure that Phronesis rom series are always bug free through effective testing and technical
    support. And especially for your support on the thread, you're the best support provider ever.
    - @lss1977 for his kernel and working together with the team to make his kernel more compatible
    - @6h0st for his help and Phantom Kernel
    - My dear friend @daxgirl. You're just amazing person, always willing to help and very friendly. Thanks for your toolbox, Rom Control, addtoggle, swipe apps
    and so many more out there. You and @wuby are just amazing individual and a wealth of knowledge. Words are not enough to thank you both.
    - @tdunham - thanks for your effort in making this community a better place. Everyone should be eternally grateful to you. Your wisdom surpasses all. And to all uses who has in one way or another contributed to troy thread
    - Thanks to the Aurora team for their support
    - @thereassaad - For assisting the team. What a great friend you are.....
    - @gharrington for his wonderful work on 3minit mod. The thread can be found here
    - @Chainfire for the SuperSU app
    - @amarullz for the aroma installer
    - @tamirda for his guides
    - @ikrom for his guides
    - @asc1977 for the AOD brightness control. Assisted by @DaOldMan - Well done guys, you rock.
    - @topjohnwu for Magisk SuperSU. Well done friend
    - @josete_197601 for TouchWiz Launcher setting mods. You can visit him here
    - @karkasss for assistance with bluelight - well done my friend
    - @Patrick.H and - @develoid ALT and F4 for the AOD Touch - very well done
    - And sincere credit to Aurora for their inspiration for the finger swipe. Thanks Team
    - And most especially to all the users here. You're the best

Having said all those and considering that this is the first release of this Port, there could be features which were not tested during development stage. As
    you know us, we always strive for the best and thereby making all effort to fix reported issues to the best of our abilities.

Below will be issue log. As you know, this is a port rom and you don't expect everything to work 100%. If for any reason you are not happy
    using this port, you can try our LL v6.5 which still remain the best Lollipop Port around. If that did not meet your requirements either, you might want to try the Note 3 stock rom. No offence will be taken.

Issue Log:
    1. Some modes in Camera might not work due to hardware limitation

Rom Installation:

1. Download Phronesis rom and save it to your phone memory or sd card
    2. Get a good recovery. TWRP recovery recommended, 2.8.7.0. Newer versions are not supported
    3. Boot into recovery, factory reset (full wipe, clean install is recommended). Make choices in Aroma.
    4. Optional flash kernel of choice if you're
    4. Reboot after successful install and wait for best rom in town to build. Allow about 10 - 15 minutes for first boot.
    5. Your phone will reboot once after the first boot to complete customizations..
    6. Sit back and enjoy

For full wipes Rom Releases:

1. Boot into recovery (say TWRP 2.8.7.0)
    2. Select wipe in recovery menu
    3. Select Advanced Wipe
    4. From the resulting window, select to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik cache (of course after backing up your rom / data)
    5. Swipe to wipe the selected partitions.

That's recovery wipe completed.

In Aroma menu when you get to option to wipe, select:

1. Select "Full Wipe" radio button
    2. Select "Full wipe 1" radio button
    3. Select your CSC as desired
    4. Continue making other choices as you like....

Kernel Installations: VERY IMPORTANT

The team has been working with developer of lss kernel to bring out the best of both world. And the kernel has performed very well during testing. The dev is also committed to improving the kernel. The rom is bundled with LSSKernel 3.5UX.

As I usually say, our Note3 device sometimes behaves differently and usage is different too. For these reasons, I will also advice that you try other kernel and decide which is best for you.

Useful Links

Rom Feature

Changelog Here:

ROM Download

###################################################################################################

Kernel source

Rom Control Source

###################################################################################################

View attachment 3877731 Screenshot_20160917-081354.jpg Screenshot_20160917-081400.png Screenshot_20160917-081411.png Screenshot_20160917-081424.png
    Screenshot_20160917-081444.png Screenshot_20160917-081451.png Screenshot_20160917-081602.png Screenshot_20160917-081607.png Screenshot_20160917-081620.png
    Screenshot_20160917-081625.png Screenshot_20160917-081637.png Screenshot_20160917-081642.png Screenshot_20160917-081657.jpg Screenshot_20160917-081730.png
    Screenshot_20160917-081746.png Screenshot_20160917-082230.jpg Screenshot_20160917-082100.png Screenshot_20160917-081940.png Screenshot_20160917-081831.png
    Download Section

Phronesis N7 Port v7 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - 1e7db5819c0c745cc2190977ef5edc82
    Release Note
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis N7 Port v6 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - 8f4568ebc3cb12b357e8bac57065ccee
    Release Note
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis N7 Port v5.2 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - eeb1c66e51c53eed29cd6a46f208129d
    Release Note
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phronesis N7 Port v5.1 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - cc3a024889eb3da0f4046652a844a3ad
    Release Note
    Phronesis N7 Port v5 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - dde9ba7331f470c35514ea446b0e798d
    Release Note

Please see this note Here before flashing V5
    Phronesis N7 Port v4.1 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - b3b262de97c31f5b92fcd1bb45f189ee
    Release Note
    Old releases
    Phronesis N7 Port v4.0 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - bc0acc35ae2da87297ae06677d4279dc
    Release Note
    Phronesis N7 Port v3.1
    | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - 081fc87aaf4e6078b63df483c11a66be
    Release Note
    Phronesis N7 Port v3 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - 28f91b7e973d32458b44e6282075e6fa
    Release Note
    Phronesis N7 Port v2 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - 7796a6aaf45755aadad62eba95384750
    Release Note
    Phronesis N7 Port v1 | [Mega] [Androidhostfile] - md5 - 01526F80CC49CF94FEB2A9898051E830
    Release Note
    Phronesis N7 Port Features

0. Initial release i.e. An hybrid of N930FXXU1BPH6 and N930FXXU1APG7 N7 international firmware
    1. Cool and snappier operations
    2. Fully customised
    3. Smooth as butter. You will never find a smoother rom
    4. Call forward implemented
    5. Modded SMS app. Write a very very long text without the fear of your carrier charging you extra.
    6. Different level of animation made available for selection. 0, 0.25, to 1.0
    7. Beautiful frames
    8. Recent menu rounded for beautification
    9. CSC default to BTU. You could find other CSC files to use in the aroma
    10. All relevant toggles enabled...toolbox, Multiwindows etc
    11. High volume warning disabled
    12. Data toggle warning disabled
    13. Play with system files as you ever want...framework properly patched
    14. Latest apps, google search, Play Store and many more
    15. Ability to completely remove all google services and app and restore with a single click. See Phronesis settings for more customisation
    16. Fully multi-language
    17. Unknow app installation enabled by default
    18. Latest Smart Manager included
    19. Disabled app signature verification
    20. Samsung and Google apps updating
    21. Developer option enabled by default
    22. More device supported
    23. Color mods and corresponding global switches
    24. LED indicator settings fully ported
    25. All power menu enabled with toggle
    26. Screen Off flashlight
    27. All apps in Multiwindow enabled
    28. Init.d supported
    29. Sound mods. Beats, Viper, Atmos and SoundAlive
    30. Device backup and restore
    31. Soft button enabled for many actions
    32. Gesture anywhere on home screen
    33. USSD works
    34. Dynamic DPI change

And many many more for you to discover......

Rom Control - With Phronesis Rom Control, the power is in your hand to control and customise your device as you like. There is no limit to what you do with it. Just think about it and it is possible. A very special thanks to a true friend and lover of what Phronesis stands for in the person of @daxgirl and a her true partner @wuby for making the dream of RC a reality. Thanks to you both

Statusbar
    - Alarm display ON/OFF
    - Bluetooth ON/OFF
    - Volume ON/OFF
    - 3Minit Battery
    - Switch between stock battery / 3Minit
    - Stock battery removable from lockscreen
    - Network Speed Indicator with many options
    - Colour anything you want you color lovers
    - With a click, restore all statusbar colors to their default stock colors
    - Quick launch app on recent with possibilities of colors
    - Add button in quick launch
    - Custom clock toggle / stock clock with colors
    - Immersive mod - utilize the full screen
    - Battery bar implemented with animation
    - Customisable Clock
    - Possible to disable Power saving mode
    - Signal position switching
    - Immersive mode
    - Dynamic Statusbar color mod and many more.......

Notification
    - Choose from any image in your device to use as notification background image. Other settings available. There is file size restriction
    - Single swipe from the right hand side for full toggles display with option to set it ON/OFF
    - Colorize any lockscreen items to your liking
    - Notification text color
    - Notification background color
    - RAM display bar with toggle
    - Multi user avarter with toggle
    - Head notification ON/OFF
    - Ongoing notification made removable
    - IME notification removal with toggle
    - Memory cleaner
    - Single swipe to display all toggles
    - Roaming notification with toggle
    - Memory cleaner color
    - Quick launcher text color mod
    - Statusbar header panel color mod
    - Data usage color mod
    - Toggle circle custom shape and color
    - And so many many more
    - Clock mods with colors
    - Pull down full color mod
    - Toggle ON/OFF color mod
    - Full notification item color mod
    - Brightness panel full color mod
    - Data usage full color mod
    - Full stock color restore
    - Notification shapes mod
    - Notification text color mod
    - Device info full display
    - Quick PIN unlock
    - USB plug screen wake option with toggle

Lockscreen
    - Quick PIN unlock
    - Modded clock on lockscreen with colour options
    - Revert to stock color with a single click. No reboot needed (Amazing)
    - Choose from many clock fonts on the lockscreen
    - Custom Carrier text
    - Enable or Disable Lockscreen rotation
    - Custom clock fonts select from many options
    - Next alarm with toggle
    - Custom carrier text
    - Carrier text coloration
    - Lockscreen timeout
    - Number of notification items to be displayed
    - Swipe help text
    - Lockscreen rotation with toggle
    - Clock scalling
    - Fully customise with color options and fonts
    - Clock itme display option
    - Global swith to turn off all color mods
    - Restore option to restore all color to stock within a second with a single click

Advanced Phone Control
    - Auto call recording
    - Screenshot sound toggle
    - Caller flashlight with frequency control
    - Quick PIN unlock
    - Dial pad return frequency settings
    - Exchange security bypass option
    - TouchWiz Launcher animation
    - IME beautiful animation
    - ListView animation
    - Toast pop up animation
    - IncallUI custom image, gradient and solod color option
    - Lockscreen flashlight with toggel and durations
    - Advanced power menu. All items enabled
    - Possible to swith between LL and MM power menu
    - Reboot recovery added to power menu items
    - Bike mode added to power menu
    - Advanced function to view device information
    - USSD working and other options

- Sound Panel
    - A single panel for all the device mods
    - Select from list of installed sound mods. Viper4Androis, Dolby Atmos, Beats Audio, Sound Alive and other combinations
    - High volume warning with toggle

Advanced Device Mod - Personalize your device to your liking with following options:
    - Choose from modded frameworks (colored or stock)
    - Select SystemUI to liking - stock or Advanced SystemUI
    - Statusbar iconthemer
    - Left soft key shortpress option
    - Option to have full power menu with screenshot, record etc
    - Enable or disable boot sound
    - Volume slider sound
    - Low battery sound

Soft key and Virtual Button control
    - Select custom action for soft keys. Many options available. Kill app, search, screenshot, camera, Multiwindow, recent custom app so many more.
    - Select custom action Home button. Many options available. Kill app, search, screenshot, camera, multiwindow, recent custom app so many more.
    - Set custom actions for Left, Center and Right virtual keys with Longpress and Shortpress actions
    - Set swipe actions (left / right) on lockscreen. Many options available e.g. Kill app, search, screenshot, camera, multiwindow, recent custom app etc.
    - Set swipe actions (left / right) on device. Many options available e.g. Kill app, search, screenshot, camera, Multiwindow, recent custom app etc.
    - Gesture Anywhere on the Touchwiz launcher
    - Power double tap actions

Backup and Restore plus Others
    - Backup and restore device permissions
    - Backup and restore entire device settings
    - Backup and restore Contacts, SMS, Call logs, Calendar entries, Wi-Fi, Keyboard settings etc. All within seconds
    - Revoke all granted permissions on device with a single click

Useful Script
    - Netflix ON/OFF
    - Remove and restore Google applications
    - Custom DPI - Select from pre-configured DPI
    - Restore Global stock color
    - Disable or Enable device sounds
    - Selective restoration of Lockscreen item colors to stock
    - Selective restoration of Statusbar item colors to stock
    - Selective restoration of Notification item colors to stock

Useful Application - Portal for application selection
    - SuperSU
    - Terminal Emulator
    - Root FTP
    - UPSM
    - Toolbox
    - Adaway
    - Dynamic DPI change
    - Caller Flashlight
    - Dynamic DPI Change

Phronesis Rom Control Backup
    - Backup your Phronesis Rom Control settings in real time

Aroma
    - Aroma Install options
    - Update your rom without having to do a full wipe
    - Clearer options
    - Option to keep current kernel during mods update or fresh install
    - Make selection to your preferences

- Sound Mod - Choose from the following combinations. Your device sound couldn't be better and richer. You can easily switch between different sound mod
    - SoundAlive and Beats Audio
    - Dolby Atmos
    - Viper
    - Dolby Atmos + Viper
    - Dolby Atmos + Viper + Beats Audio
    - SoundAlive

Applications
    - Google App Updated to the latest
    - Google Play store updated to the latest version with material icon
    - SuperSU updated to the latest version
    - Samsung apps updated to the latest version

And so many more for your enjoyment.....You will certainly be spoiled for choices

##################################################################################
    Changelogs....

Phronesis N7 v7.0 Port - Here

Old releases
    Phronesis N7 v6.0 Port - Here
    Phronesis N7 v5.2 Port - Here
    Phronesis N7 v5.1 Port - Here
    Phronesis N7 v5 Port
    - Here
    Phronesis N7 v4.1 Port
    - Here
    Phronesis N7 v4.0 Port - Here
    Phronesis N7 v3.1 Port - Here
    Phronesis N7 v3 Port - Here
    Phronesis N7 v2 Port - Here
    Phronesis N7 Port - Initial release
    Useful Links, Mods and Quick Fixes

1.Old Keyboard
    2. StockCamera Modes
    3. Keyboard secondary symbol switchable
    4. Visit Wanam Xposed thread for the latest version
    5. Keyboard with SubSymbol ON
    6. Fix Stock SystemUI Multiwindows Buttons
    7. Fix Screen Of Memo & Samsung Notes

7. For Amazon video and likes not playing with encryption error or license verification error, change device name in build.prop to SM-A710F. The issue was cause because Amazon and the likes thinks you're abroad and as such not authorize to play the contents. This should also work for some users facing issues with Playstore. Your device might not be recognize because as far as N7 is concerned, it was dead to Google and Samsung.

8. If for any reason your phone is not showing phone and sdcard storage on connection to your PC, just dial *#0808# and select the "MTP" or "MTP+ADB" in the second section of the resulting page, then click "OK" to save. No reboot require. Or you can use the "Advanced Phone Diagnostic Menu" in Rom Control