[ROM][STOCK][Android 6.0][M2 8.0] All 8.0 models - Stock Marshmallow ROMs

Search This thread

hahyun6

Aug 30, 2010
Hello, I want to root my 802-L, but I didn't unlock bootloader before I updated to marshmallow. Now I there is no OEM unlock option and I cannot unlock using DC unlocker. How do I downgrade back to Lollipop to achieve this? THANK YOU!

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
Hello, I want to root my 802-L, but I didn't unlock bootloader before I updated to marshmallow. Now I there is no OEM unlock option and I cannot unlock using DC unlocker. How do I downgrade back to Lollipop to achieve this? THANK YOU!

You can downgrade back to Lollipop by installing the 802L B003 ROM found in my thread here.

However, there may be a way for you to perform the phone FRP unlocking in Marshmallow - it involves removing all lock patterns/pins/passwords on the phone, then removing all Google accounts on the phone, then performing a factory reset, and then rebooting the phone and then trying the unlock with the dc-unlocker bootloader unlock code or Huawei-given bootloader unlock code. See post #3 in this thread. Also see this post, and this post (in other separate threads).

Last edited:

elendiir

Nov 14, 2007
Hi,

Have tried both downloaded MM updates for 801W and neither are recognised as valid updates. Running stock B009. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I have upgraded my M2-801W to MM back in November using the local update function (which could be found in the Lollipop version) of the tablet. But I have used the following firmware provided by toxic_garden: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69755249&postcount=17
Just create a dload folder on your internal SD-Card, save the zip-file there (do not uncompress it) and start the local update. It will take roughly 15 to 20 minutes after your system reboots with MM. After the update you should have MM with version M2-801WC233B213 and patchlevel 07/2016. You will not loose any data or installed apps during the update.

Good luck
Elendiir

Last edited:

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
Hi,

I have upgraded my M2-801W to MM back in November using the local update function (which could be found in the Lollipop version) of the tablet. But I have used the following firmware provided by toxic_garden: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69755249&postcount=17
Just create a dload folder on your internal SD-Card, save the zip-file there (do not uncompress it) and start the local update. It will take roughly 15 to 20 minutes after your system reboots with MM. After the update you should have MM with version M2-801WC233B213 and patchlevel 07/2016. You will not loose any data or installed apps during the update.

Good luck
Elendiir

Thanks for the info! Maybe the key to a successful flash on 801W is to not unzip the update.zip file! I'll update the original post with this info.

**EDIT:** Original post updated. Thanks again!

Last edited:

ruggles

Mar 17, 2010
Hi,

Good luck
Elendiir

Many thanks Elendiir, this worked great.

Reactions: beast.in.black

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
Hi @hama2, @zxr24rs and @vairaprakashm,

We have some new info on installing Marshmallow on the 801W . Users @elendiir and @ruggles (many thanks to both of them!) report successful flashing of the Marshmallow ROMs on their 801W devices - the key step is: DO NOT UNCOMPRESS (unzip) the downloaded ROM zip file. I have updated the installation instructions in the original first post in this thread with the updated information. You can try this method. I'd really appreciate it if you could report your results here in the replies.

Last edited:

ruggles

Mar 17, 2010
Hi @hama2, @zxr24rs and @vairaprakashm,

We have some new info on installing Marshmallow on the 801W . Users @elendiir and @ruggles (many thanks to both of them!) report successful flashing of the Marshmallow ROMs on their 801W devices - the key step is: DO NOT UNCOMPRESS (unzip) the downloaded ROM zip file. I have updated the installation instructions in the original first post in this thread with the updated information. You can try this method. I'd really appreciate it if you could report your results here in the replies.

Just to clarify, the 2 zipped files listed still failed, I used the zipped B213 ROM at: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69755249&postcount=17

guille3073

Jan 21, 2017
Hi. I have upgraded my M2 802L, during the procedure, error occurs. Continue with the update, almost everything went well, except that I can not connect to wifi. Came from Lollipop and I use B207. Could you help me?.............

..........Connect it to the wifi through the PIN number, it seems that the problem was with the Linksys router!!

Last edited:
Reactions: stosun

guille3073

Jan 21, 2017
I have to configure it every time I disconnect the wifi. I tried with another router and the same problem:(:(

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
I have to configure it every time I disconnect the wifi. I tried with another router and the same problem:(:(

Hmmm...if I were you, I'd try the following things in order:

1. Clear all wifi settings, reboot the phone and try again.
  2. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), clear the cache/Dalvik cache (NOT Factory Reset), and try again.
  3. Flash B203 (DO NOT Factory Reset, otherwise you will lose your apps and stuff), reboot into B203, then boot back into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), clear the cache/Dalvik cache (NOT Factory Reset), and try again.
  4. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), do a Factory Reset, and try again (on either B203 or B207).
  5. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), do a Factory Reset, reflash the B203 ROM, and try again.
  6. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), do a Factory Reset, reflash the B207 ROM, and try again.

Hope that one of the approaches above can solve your issue. Good luck!

guille3073

Jan 21, 2017

2. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), clear the cache/Dalvik cache (NOT Factory Reset), and try again.
  3. Flash B203 (DO NOT Factory Reset, otherwise you will lose your apps and stuff), reboot into B203, then boot back into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), clear the cache/Dalvik cache (NOT Factory Reset), and try again.
  4. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), do a Factory Reset, and try again (on either B203 or B207).
  5. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), do a Factory Reset, reflash the B203 ROM, and try again.
  6. Boot into the recovery (Original Huawei or TWRP), do a Factory Reset, reflash the B207 ROM, and try again.

I've done everything you told me, nothing works. When I activate the wifi does not detect any network or connect me automatically, I have to find it and configure it manually. I have tested in Linksys dual band s 2.4ghz router and 5ghz in 802.11N and 802.11AC. And I've tested it on another single Dlink router with 2.4ghz ... on 802.11N and 802.11AC. With the Dlink router the Wifi connects automatically and the Wifi is not turned off. With Lollipop I had no problem. Thanks for answering

guille3073

Jan 21, 2017

I've done everything you told me, nothing works. When I activate the wifi does not detect any network or connect me automatically, I have to find it and configure it manually. I have tested in Linksys dual band s 2.4ghz router and 5ghz in 802.11N and 802.11AC. And I've tested it on another single Dlink router with 2.4ghz ... on 802.11N and 802.11AC. With the Dlink router the Wifi connects automatically and the Wifi is not turned off. With Lollipop I had no problem. Thanks for answering

I already solved it, in the configuration of the router in the band 5ghz the network mode was: only IEEE 802.11ac. I changed it to Mixed. Now it detects the SSD wifi and connects automatically.
I think there is an error with this ROM 6.0, does not connect in the band 5ghz with the standard IEEE 802.11ac.
Sorry for the disturbances.

Reactions: beast.in.black

beast.in.black

Feb 25, 2009
I already solved it, in the configuration of the router in the band 5ghz the network mode was: only IEEE 802.11ac. I changed it to Mixed. Now it detects the SSD wifi and connects automatically.
I think there is an error with this ROM 6.0, does not connect in the band 5ghz with the standard IEEE 802.11ac.
Sorry for the disturbances.

Oh s**t, you're absolutely right! I changed my 5GHz Wifi band to "AC-only", and I lost my device Wifi connection, and then it wouldn't connect back to that SSID!

It works in "Mixed" mode or "N-only" mode! I had my wireless router previously set to "N-only" so I never had problems.

Thanks for the bug report, I'll edit the first post in the thread with this info.

Reactions: guille3073

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

This is the consolidated thread for all Marshmallow ROMs for the Mediapad M2 8.0 8" devices, as downloads available from the Huawei hicloud.com servers (see below for whois info on this domain, to verify that the domain owner is Huawei). If anyone is running a ROM more recent than those mentioned here, please reply in this thread. Also, if you can mention the source from where you downloaded it, please also add that source in your reply, and I will update this post accordingly and give you credit for finding it :D

This post will be updated as and when new info becomes available. In this post you will find:
    • ROM downloads for the Mediapad M2 8.0 Marshmallow ROMs.
    • Installation instructions for the ROMs
    • Rooting/Unrooting instructions
    • DPI/LCD Density change instructions
    • How to perform Local Updates on Marshmallow ROMs
    • Issues/Problems Noticed
    • Instructions to recover from a bad ROM install/softbrick/bootloop

Obligatory Disclaimer: I have not tested any of the ROMs mentioned below (apart from B203 and B207 on the M2-802L) because I do not have the proper device models. Also note that even though they are available for download from the Huawei hicloud site, these ROMs have not (as far as I know) been actually formally released by Huawei.

M2-801L
    Note: user @omaga reports that B202 seems to contain a newer kernel and security patch than B205.
    B205: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v57899/f2/full/M2-801LC100B205.zip
    Thanks to user [MENTION]Caelestiel[/MENTION] for mentioning that B205 existed for M2-801L so that I could search for it - a valid download link for it was not present in my previous search.
    B205 Text Link:
    Code:
     http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v57899/f2/full/M2-801LC100B205.zip
    B202: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v70346/f1/full/update.zip
    B202 Text link:
    Code:
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v70346/f1/full/update.zip
    @omaga has found B206 for the 801L (thanks, omaga!); however the ROM download is NOT from an official Huawei server.
    user @pajosekX has found B206 for the 801L on an official Huawei server! Thanks, pajosekX! User @allrightlite has verified upgrading from B008 to this B206 ROM. Thanks, allrightlite!
    B206: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v74068/f1/full/M2-801LC100B206.zip
    B206 Text link:
    Code:
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v74068/f1/full/M2-801LC100B206.zip[CODE]

[SIZE="4"][B]M2-801W[/B][/SIZE] 
    [B]Note: user [user=691574]@elendiir[/user] reported that[COLOR="Red"] you should skip the installation step where you unzip the downloaded ROM[/COLOR]. See [URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70623587&postcount=63"]post #63 [/URL]in this thread. Thanks, Elendiir! [/B] 
    [B]B202 European cust channel M2-801WC232B202[/B] found by XDA user [user=427926]@lonwas[/user] (see [URL="https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70691260&postcount=77"]post #77[/URL] in this thread):
    [url]http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v74308/f1/full/update.zip[/url]
    Text link: [CODE]http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v74308/f1/full/update.zip
    B213: XDA user @ruggles says in a thread replythat the B213 zip posted here worked for him. But please note that this B213 download is NOT from an official Huawei server.

M2-802L
    Note: My M2-802L just got an official OTA update from Huawei to B203 (I had restored my old B005 ROM from TWRP). This OTA update does have the Huawei Swype IME keyboard, though (I had lost Swype when I flashed B207 over B005). However, the kernel and security patch version in this B203 OTA update are older than the one on B207. Also, both B203 as well as B207 ( after following the update path B005 -> B203 OTA -> B207) seem to have the "3G/4G icon is always on" problem. See below.
    B203: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v65143/f1/full/M2-802LC209B203.zip
    B203 Text Link:
    Code:
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v65143/f1/full/M2-802LC209B203.zip
    B207: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v67917/f1/full/update.zip
    B207 Text link:
    Code:
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v67917/f1/full/update.zip
    3G/4G icon always on: I've confirmed that this is due to B203; the upgrade path B005->B207 does not have this issue. B005->B203, B005->B203->B207 and B005->B207->B203 all have the issue. While it appears to be alarming, no data seems to actually be going through the mobile data if Wifi is on ("Settings"->"About Tablet"->"Status" shows mobile data as disconnected); so it seems to be just be an indicator the current mobile data speeds.
    Also note that flashing B207 over B203 will remove the Swype IME.

M2-803L
    B215: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v60481/f3/full/update.zip
    B215 Text link:
    Code:
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p4/s10/G506/g0/v60481/f3/full/update.zip

Sorry, M2 10.0 owners, I do not know what is the proper ROM numbering for the M2 10.0 Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROMs - I have found ROM B030 for the M2-A01L and ROM B020 for the M2-A01W, maybe some M2 10.0 owners can tell me if these are Marshmallow ROMs...? If anyone can confirm that the above-linked B0XX ROMs for the A01L and A01W are Marshmallow, I will update the thread accordingly.

Installation Instructions:

1. If you are currently rooted and/or have a custom recovery installed, you will need to go back to the Huawei official recovery to install this update. You can do this by following the instructions in my previous post here.
    2. Download the appropriate ROM update zip from one of the above links.
    3. Note: If you are using one of the wifi-only models - specifically the M2-801W, user @elendiir reported that you should skip this step. See post #63 in this thread. Thanks, Elendiir! Extract the contents of the zip file in the link after it has finished downloading. The contents should be something like this:
      Code:
      [update.zip contains]
      ├── META-INF
      │** ├── blacklist.conf
      │** ├── CERT.RSA
      │** ├── CERT.SF
      │** ├── com
      │** │** ├── android
      │** │** │** └── otacert
      │** │** └── google
      │** │**     └── android
      │** │**         ├── update-binary
      │** │**         └── updater-script
      │** └── MANIFEST.MF
      └── UPDATE.APP

5 directories, 8 files
    4. Create a folder called dload on your SD Card. You can create it on either the internal or the external SD, it doesn't matter.
    5. Copy the entire contents of the unzipped download package into the dload folder on your SD Card, which you created above. Alternatively, you could just unzip the contents directly into the dload directory on your external/internal SD card.
    6. Go to your phone's "Settings". There, navigate to "Updater"->"Menu"->"Local Update", select the displayed option, and allow it to install. Your phone will boot into the original OEM recovery and install the ROM, after which it should (hopefully) boot into the new ROM.
    7. It should then connect to the Google Play Store and update the Google framework. All your settings, apps etc should still be preserved - mine were.
    Local updates on Marshmallow ROMs
    In the Huawei Marshmallow (Mm) ROMs, the updater app does not have the "Local Update" option anymore. So how do you do an update from the SD Card (say you want to install a different Mm ROM)?
    Here's how to do local updates on Huawei Mm ROMs. I used the dialer method. If you are on one of the Wifi-only models, XDA user @elendiir has this method for performing a Local Update on Marshmallow (where the updater app does not have the "Local Update" option), especially on the Wifi-only models which don't come with a dialler app. Thanks, Elendiir!
    Maybe you should extent the description how to flash roms via the local update in Marshmallow for the Wifi-only models:
    Tested on my M2-801-W:
    • Start the included calculator app
    • switch to landscape mode in order to enable the more advanced input mode (you will need this in order to enter the "()" as described in the next step)
    • enter the follwoing string: ()()2846579()() and press the = sign
    • you should now have entered the project menu
    • select number 4 for software upgrade and then sdcard upgrade
    If you're on a Wifi-only model and the instructions above don't work for you, then you may need to use the HwOUC app method detailed in the link above.

Not sure if this also works on the models with SIM card - but there you can enter mostly the same sting via the dialer app: *#*#2846579#*#* as you have already described.

Cheers
    Elendiir

Rooting/Unrooting instructions using phhusson's Superuser:
    Rooting:
    1. First install TWRP as your recovery. If in doubt, use the excellent Huawei Mediapad M2 rooting guide found on these forums.
    2. Then grab the latest superuser.zip (from phhusson's Superuser project which is an actively-maintained fork of Koush's open-source Superuser project), and install it via the TWRP recovery.
    3. Finally, get the "phh superuser" app from the Google Play store.
    4. At this point, you should be successfully rooted. To check, you can install an app which requests root permissions (maybe a terminal app like Termux, firewall app like AFWall+, or file manager like MiXplorer), run it, and see if the root permission app dialog comes up and if the app successfully gets root after you give it the permission in the dialog.
    Unrooting:
    For this, you need to fastboot flash the BOOT.img from your ROM. This will involve you extracting the BOOT.img from the UPDATE.app of the ROM you flashed.
    1. Make sure that you have ADB and FASTBOOT installed on your computer. You can use the 15-second ADB installer available here on XDA.
    2. Uninstall the "PHH Superuser" app on your device using the app manager or the Google Play Store.
    3. Unzip the ROM's zip file. If you're on Windows, you can use the excellent 7-zip tool for this. On Linux, you can just use the unzip command. After unzipping, you should have an UPDATE.APP file. This is the full ROM update image which we will use.
    4. Extract BOOT.img from your ROM's UPDATE.APP using the Huawei Update Extractor tool (make sure to use the "Huawei Mediapad M2 (M2-802L)" profile in the Huawei Update Extractor tool) and save it somewhere on your computer's hard disk.
    5. Boot your phone into the bootloader - this is called "fastboot mode".
      • If you have ADB enabled, you can use the following command
        Code:
        adb reboot bootloader
      • If you don't have ADB set up, you can use the hardware keys method to enter the bootloader - first shut down the phone, and then press POWER+VOLDN simultaneously.
      • Of the two methods, I'd recommend the ADB method because it works every time (using the hardware keys method I had mixed success; sometimes it would boot into the bootloader and sometimes it would boot into the normal ROM.
    6. With the USB cable connected to your phone, open up a command prompt in the directory where you extracted BOOT.img, and run the following fastboot command:
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot BOOT.img
    7. Reboot your computer:
      Code:
      fastboot reboot
    And that's it, you should now be unrooted.

DPI/LCD Density Change:
    If you're rooted, you can change the DPI/LCD density. If you're going to attempt this, I'd suggest making a TWRP backup first just in case your phone does not boot after changing the DPI/LCD density.
    A big Thanks to [MENTION]Eagle-no1[/MENTION] for testing that a DPI/LCD Density Change to 380 and also 360 works without issues for him. The full thread is here.
    To do this manually, you will find the DPI settings in /system/build.prop with these original values:
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=480
    hw.lcd_density=480
    Simply change the above so that it looks like this:
    Code:
    ro.sf.lcd_density=360
    hw.lcd_density=360
    and then reboot your device, and you should be good to go.

Have fun! :cowboy:

Issues/Problems Noticed
    1. XDA user @guille3073 has noticed a problem with the M2-802L and 5GHz WiFi Networks set to "AC-Only" mode, and I have verified the issue. Please see this post and the one before it. The solution is to change your 5GHz WiFi band to be in "Mixed" mode or "N-Only" mode. Thanks, guille3073! If anyone else notices this issue on a different device model than the 802L, please mention it in the comments to it can be added here. Update: User @lepidas reports the same issue on the 801L as well.

Instructions to recover from a bad ROM install/softbrick/bootloop:
    First, make sure that you have known good official Huawei ROM for your particular device model. Then, follow the instructions (replace all references to the ROM version with the correct ROM for your device) in this post. Note: The detailed guide for extracting and flashing specific partitions from Huawei ROMs is here. Wish you good luck in your unbricking efforts.

WHOIS INFO:
    Code:
    Queried whois.markmonitor.com with "hicloud.com"...

Domain Name: hicloud.com
    Registry Domain ID: 1429950708_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.markmonitor.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
    Updated Date: 2016-05-03T10:37:45-0700
    Creation Date: 2008-03-22T06:56:43-0700
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2023-03-22T06:56:43-0700
    Registrar: MarkMonitor, Inc.
    Registrar IANA ID: 292
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abusecomplaints@markmonitor.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.2083895740
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited)
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited)
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited)
    Domain Status: serverUpdateProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#serverUpdateProhibited)
    Domain Status: serverTransferProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#serverTransferProhibited)
    Domain Status: serverDeleteProhibited (https://www.icann.org/epp#serverDeleteProhibited)
    Registry Registrant ID: 
    Registrant Name: Domain Administrator
    Registrant Organization: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
    Registrant Street: Huawei Base, Bantian, Longgang District
    Registrant City: Shenzhen
    Registrant State/Province: Guangdong
    Registrant Postal Code: 518129
    Registrant Country: CN
    Registrant Phone: +86.75528560097
    Registrant Phone Ext: 
    Registrant Fax: +86.75528560390
    Registrant Fax Ext: 
    Registrant Email: domain@huawei.com
    Registry Admin ID: 
    Admin Name: Domain Administrator
    Admin Organization: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
    Admin Street: Huawei Base, Bantian, Longgang District
    Admin City: Shenzhen
    Admin State/Province: Guangdong
    Admin Postal Code: 518129
    Admin Country: CN
    Admin Phone: +86.75528560097
    Admin Phone Ext: 
    Admin Fax: +86.75528560390
    Admin Fax Ext: 
    Admin Email: domain@huawei.com
    Registry Tech ID: 
    Tech Name: Domain Administrator
    Tech Organization: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
    Tech Street: Huawei Base, Bantian, Longgang District
    Tech City: Shenzhen
    Tech State/Province: Guangdong
    Tech Postal Code: 518129
    Tech Country: CN
    Tech Phone: +86.75528560097
    Tech Phone Ext: 
    Tech Fax: +86.75528560390
    Tech Fax Ext: 
    Tech Email: domain@huawei.com
    Name Server: ns4.dnsv5.com
    Name Server: ns3.dnsv5.com
    DNSSEC: unsigned
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2017-01-10T01:10:48-0800 <<<

A big big shoutout to Team MT and XDA user [MENTION]gmanrainy[/MENTION] for the Huawei Firmware Finder tool available here on XDA - I wish I had known about this earlier when I was manually searching the Huawei servers for ROMs :silly:
    Installed B202 on 801L, everything is working fine.
    Hello XDA Members, happy to see that the updates for Mediapad M2. I tried to update them. but I am getting an error like "Software Update Failed - Incompatibility with the current system". I have attached my system info. Kindly give me a solution

I need a little more info than what you have given.

1. Which ROM version did you use for trying the update? Your phone says that it's an 801W. Did you make sure to try an 801W ROM? (sorry for asking an obvious question, no offense meant)
    2. Is your current ROM rooted? If yes, did you remember to remove the root?
    3. Are you running a custom recovery (TWRP, for example)? If yes, did you remember to flash the original Huawei Recovery back before you tried to update?

If all else fails and none of the above questions apply to you, try the update after doing a factory reset (back up your apps first using Titanium Backup or something similar).
    Hi,

Have tried both downloaded MM updates for 801W and neither are recognised as valid updates. Running stock B009. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Good luck
    Elendiir
    I had the B205 firmware in my M2-801L, now i downloaded/and installed the B202 version and its seems to be a newer firmware version. B205 kernel is dated Jul 28 2016 and the android security patch is dated 1 july 2016, baseband is 21.600.23.00.010.
    Now with the B202 firmware the kernel is dated Mon 7 Nov 2016 and the android security patch is dated 1 oct 2016, baseband 21.600.27.00.010

Good to know, thank you! I will update the original post accordingly.