[ROM][DISCONTINUED] LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

serrj

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam
Hi Bruno!
I tried all all CM14/LOS14 versions from shade's archive and I have LTE only on following versions:
cm-14.1-20161225-NIGHTLY-gemini.zip
cm-14.1-20161226-UNOFFICIAL-gemini.zip
lineage-14.1-20161231-UNOFFICIAL-gemini.zip

Starting from "lineage-14.1-20170101-UNOFFICIAL-gemini.zip" LTE is not working for me no matter what I try

Ok, I narrowed the issue to following file: /system/framework/telephony.jar
If I copy it from build lineage-14.1-20161231-UNOFFICIAL-gemini.zip to lineage-14.1-20160101-UNOFFICIAL-gemini.zip then I have LTE!
Unfortunately if I try to use this file in latest builds - the whole telephony system don't work :(

le_sioux

Jan 21, 2009
lyon
Lineage su addon survives OTA, that's why it is recommended over SuperSU or any other systemless su methods.

So, I just have to install su addon ? Because, when I did this, Titanium backup was not able to find root.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

pico or nano are better ;)

You can always install other GApps form playstore...

I have install Nano, but it has installed camera who doesnt work.

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo
SafetyNet check pass mod

Not only re-locking but also changing build fingerprint to the one from Global Stable package (as found by @kyasu). But you can't re-lock bootloader now, otherwise the device won't boot because most likely bootloader checks for boot image signatures. The kernel patch is not up for discussion because it is not allowed on Lineage.
Here is the SafetyNet check pass mod that flashes the patched kernel and changes the build fingerprint in build.prop to the one from Global Stable package.

gemini-safetynetpass-20170201.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=149919

Installation:
  1. Unroot your device (Uninstall su package), because the SafetyNet does not allow root.
  2. Flash gemini-safetynetpass-yyyymmdd.zip from TWRP.
  3. Reboot and now the SafetyNet check can pass.
If you want to coexist SafetyNet and root, please use Magisk.
As @bgcngm said, this kind of kernel patch is not allowed on official Lineage, so this mod is unofficial.
Please use this mod at your own risk and do not ask @bgcngm about this mod.
Thanks.

mr-mauro

May 19, 2011
Milan, London & Zürich
Root permission is needed.
cat /firmware/verinfo/ver_info.txt
For now, I think only trust zone version is verified. You can get directly by
strings /dev/blocks/bootdevice/by-name/tz
Required version is TZ.BF.4.0.1-77307

I've version TZ.BF.4.0.1-00301 and everything got installed without any problem.
Can't we make a "simple" package to flash the latest firmware starting from the 7.1.19 rom where I can see there is a folder \firmware-update\?

Last edited:

deathscythemeng

Mar 14, 2012
I've versione TZ.BF.4.0.1-00301 and everything got installed without any problem.
Can't we make a "simple" package to flash the latest firmware starting from the 7.1.19 rom where I can see there is a folder \firmware-update\?
What you get is not full version. Please read to the end.
You can simply modify official miui zip file by deleting unuseful images and editing updating script, or edit bat or sh file in tgz update package and flash by fastboot.
By the way, right tz version should be read out directly from TZ partition. verinfo.txt is in modem partition. But I think they are always updated together, so version should be same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

GPL compliance:

Broken:
    • Nothing. :)

Working:
    • Everything except 'broken' stuff
      (see also second post for info on recurring questions)

Screenshot_20161117_134349.png
    Screenshot_20161117_134404.png

Compatibility:
    Compatible with all Xiaomi Mi 5 variants (32GB / 64GB / 128GB). Xiaomi Mi 5S and 5S Plus are not supported.
    Builds are based off the Xiaomi's Android 7.0 firmware with proprietary blobs from MIUI 8.1.4 dev package.​

Downloads:

Notice:
    • No custom kernels are supported in this thread. Only stock kernel and official builds will be supported. No bug reports if that's not the case.

Installation:
    • Reboot to recovery (TWRP recovery for Mi 5 - Direct link)
    • Format /system, /data and /cache
    • Install LineageOS zip package
    • Install [optional] the LineageOS su addon to get root (there are obviously other root methods, but this is the recommended one as it survives to OTA updates)
    • Install [optional] a Google Apps package of your choice (Open GApps is advisable, but stock and super variants are not recommended!!!)
    Important notes:
    • Current minimal * required * firmware version is MIUI 8.1.4 Global dev, otherwise installation will fail. Download the latest dev fastboot package directly from Xiaomi and flash it prior to installing LineageOS or, alternatively, download and install one of the latest custom packages containing firmware only (at your own risk).
    • GApps can only be flashed on clean installs.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed and device was encrypted.

Credits & collaborations:
    This work is due to efforts from Mi5Devs founding members (@h2o64 and me) that did the full device bring-up. Huge thanks to @deovferreira for all the help during the kernel bring-up after source code dropped. Also thanks to @ValoXis for giving me the motivation I needed and to @shade.sh for compiling unofficial builds during the transition phase.

Finally, all LineageOS team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!​

Device wiki:

Changelog:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 5

Contributors
    bgcngm, Mi5Devs
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information

Created 2016-11-17
    Last Updated 2018-02-25
    I really hope that everyone realizes that this is a development thread, aiming to provide support to official LineageOS for Xiaomi Mi 5. Everything that falls into unofficial category (e.g. unofficial builds and custom kernels) is not supported and not allowed here.

Also be more respectful and grateful for the work I have already put into this. Think twice before saying that I don't care to fix things. For those who are not happy, you have plenty other ROMs out there. Funny enough, all based on Mi5Devs work.
    Some notes due to recurring questions:
    • Camera OIS can be recalibrated, if needed, with the following app: https://github.com/dobragab/Mi5CameraCalibrate.
    • Devices assembled with LGD panels may have less responsive hardware keys (recents and back) due to old touchscreen drivers released by Xiaomi. The workaround at the moment is to enable on-screen buttons and wait for more updated drivers in the next kernel source code release.
    • QC3.0 is not fully working and will be fixed when the next kernel source code drops.
    The most requested/wanted feature of all time is finally ready. @h2o64 and me spent countless hours in at least three different approaches.

Screenshot_20170107-232137.png

You can enjoy in probably a couple of days.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
    Sadly, I regret to inform that I may have to drop official support for this device. The touchscreen replacement that I have received two days ago went fine, but the issue remains. I still get the random failures where touchscreen stops responding and I can't use the device as daily driver this way. I barely can use it for development either because I have to restart it over and over to get a few minutes of working touch. :(

This is a pity because I liked Mi 5 a lot and a big loss as mine was the 128GB version with ceramic back. Luckily I have the good old M8 dual SIM, which has been my daily driver for a while now. That said, I am not looking for a new flagship to replace Mi 5 (yes, I don't think Mi 6 can justify the price) and already thought of buying a new one, but it seems that's no longer sold. Is there any good soul out there that eventually has switched to a newer flagship and wants to sell his Mi 5? :eek:
    So, this won't be goodbye after all... luckily two very kind users showed up and offered me their no longer used devices for a symbolic price.

I still have a Mi5 128 GB version in white and I dont need it anymore.
    I've followed you through CM 13.1, LOS 14.1, and beta tested 15.

We've chatted through messenger several times.

I have the identical version, the black, ceramic 128gb. I've recently upgraded to a OnePlus 5T. I'll give you a deal if you want to continue?
    I really got to say thanks once again to you both. :highfive: I ended up buying from @mabor01 due to better shipping time and costs (and no customs involved).

For everyone else, also a huge thanks for backing me up and supporting me with donations. :D