Will we get Nougat 7.0?!

Search This thread

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
LG never released ANY list of phones that will be updated to Nougat... Stop posting links to websites that aren't covered by any official news or some trusted leaks... It's pointless as they know as much as we do

Sent from my LG G4 using XDA Labs

braulio_holtz

Nov 22, 2009
Sorocaba/SP/Brasil

neo2006pf

Aug 7, 2010
Obviously LG wants us to buy the G5. Otherwise they would have released the update months ago.

jurastefo

Sep 2, 2015
Hi guys I have question which firmware with november security patch is the best, no battery drain and minumum bugs. I now use v20j?

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
I've seen that the new LG K-Series released with Nougat out of the box and guess what, LG featured the new camera for them.. The same camera as V20 but without those manual feature.. Why? Even LG G5 didn't get it's camera updated till now.. hmmm

Well, i'll hope LG give the new V20 camera for us when Nougat arrived.. and also for my LG Xmach if it got a chance for the Nougat update too.. and also make the Nougat rootable too..
and also...... nothing more, seriously.. LG just need to make it rootable so that i'll can live happily forever after..

raptorddd

Jun 13, 2013
culiacan
I've seen that the new LG K-Series released with Nougat out of the box and guess what, LG featured the new camera for them.. The same camera as V20 but without those manual feature.. Why? Even LG G5 didn't get it's camera updated till now.. hmmm

Well, i'll hope LG give the new V20 camera for us when Nougat arrived.. and also for my LG Xmach if it got a chance for the Nougat update too.. and also make the Nougat rootable too..
and also...... nothing more, seriously.. LG just need to make it rootable so that i'll can live happily forever after..
i would add 7.1 please doesnt matter if takes longer to release..

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Well don't expect your x mach will ever get rooted. Android 6.0+ requires custom kernel to get root access so also unlocked bootloader. Good luck for LG to allow bootloader unlock on any other phones than G series and (already dead) V series. I would suggest you to sell x mach. It will lose its value like crazy as it's LG phone

Wysłane z mojego Lenovo TAB S8-50LC przy użyciu Tapatalka

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Well RIP all of us... HTC updated M9 to Nougat... LG clearly forgot about us... LG was always fast to update last year flagship. If Samsung will be faster to update S6 to Nougat then no Nougat for us???

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
Well don't expect your x mach will ever get rooted. Android 6.0+ requires custom kernel to get root access so also unlocked bootloader. Good luck for LG to allow bootloader unlock on any other phones than G series and (already dead) V series. I would suggest you to sell x mach. It will lose its value like crazy as it's LG phone

Wysłane z mojego Lenovo TAB S8-50LC przy użyciu Tapatalka

B-b-b-bbut LG Xmach perform much better than G4 except in camera although they have the same processor plus it already have the real UX5 and i use it as my daily driver now..

I take your suggestion, i cancelled my plan for G6 and maybe i'll be returning to sony or apple again..

Minto107

Aug 10, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
B-b-b-bbut LG Xmach perform much better than G4 except in camera although they have the same processor plus it already have the real UX5 and i use it as my daily driver now..

I take your suggestion, i cancelled my plan for G6 and maybe i'll be returning to sony or apple again..
They perform almost the same. G4 and xmach are the same with differences in design and camera and that X Mach has UX 5.0(wtf). If LG won't release Nougat for G4 I get back to Samsung or I will give another shot at apple

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've also phone that sound doesn't seem to work and the border of the screen flashes ever so often. Very far from daily driver level.
    Border of screen flashes red because it's an engineering build. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

We got nearly everything working but camera is buggy as hell and manual controls are broken.

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Each handset has had two major versions:
    G2: KK -> LP
    G3: LP -> MM
    G4: LP -> MM
    G5: MM -> N

People seem to forget that we're already on our second major version - the G4 launched with Lollipop, remember.
    What?

G2: JB>KK>LP
    G3: KK>LP>MM
    G4: LP>MM>*

G2 started with jb 4.2.2 and g3 with kk 4.4.2, what are you talking about?

Wysłane z mojego LG-H815 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    Each handset has had two major versions:
    G2: KK -> LP
    G3: LP -> MM
    G4: LP -> MM
    G5: MM -> N

People seem to forget that we're already on our second major version - the G4 launched with Lollipop, remember.

G2 was launched with 4.2.2,
    updated to 4.4.2
    and ended up on 5.0

G3 was launched with 4.4.2,
    updated to 5.0, except for verizon..they got 5.1
    and ended up on 6.0

G4 was launched with 5.1.1
    updated to 6.0..... and we just got only 1 major update

G5 was launched with 6.0.1
    updated to 7.0.. that's it..
    And what about Cyanogenmod 14 ?

work in progress
    G2 was released with 4.2, and got upgraded to 4.4 and 5.0

G3 was released with 4.4, and got upgraded to 5.0 and 6.0

G4 was released with 5.1, and got upgraded to 6.0 and probably will get an upgrade to 7.0, I think.