[APP][4.1+]TugaBrowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Loving the new alpha. It fixed my force close on touch search bug, now I can use this as my daily! :)

danieldmm

Dec 18, 2008
France
Thanks mate for the update
It's it possible to add this also on beta v55

Thanks
Yes, it will be added some stuff from alpha but not all, will be doing that on next weekend, also believe caf will be submitting v57 engine because of lack of updates over its stable branche, think V55 will be now the stable one. Let's see the following days. Although my advise its you to try the alpha, it's being pretty good.
Cheers

dieccast39

Mar 4, 2016
The alpha hasnt got google sync bookmarks right

Στάλθηκε από το D6503 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6r4f

Feb 7, 2017
I am new to TugaPower but I love it. I have a questions about the Browser, which I also love by now. Since there is no way of synching bookmarks right now and I have a backup from my old Browser that is waiting to be imported, are there any plans to add a function which allows import/export? Otherwise, even if that is the best Browser I came across so far, it is pretty much useless for me...

lexcyn

Apr 4, 2010
Sudbury
Looks like they just merged the latest stable version into v56 branch ... I'm still waiting for CAF to push v57 though ... not sure what's taking them so long.

EDIT: Seems like there's a problem with the source again... sent an e-mail to CAF :(

Last edited:

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
Using the latest alpha I've noticed that I cannot access Google Assistant when in the browser, but I can access it when in the settings of the browser. Using a Pixel XL.

hh8902003

Dec 4, 2013
I'm using this browser for months and love it very much. However I'm having issues on auto reloading the pages when I tap it, say after 15 minutes of idle time. Anything I can do in the setting menu to avoid this? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TugaBrowser its build from Snapdragon Browser CAF Sources

Features:
    Web Refiner
    Google Sync info here
    Removed couple of debug code to optimise even more the speed.
    Import/Export Bookmarks Option, you need to mannually copy your bookmark file from Chrome on PC / Chrome on android to the root of your internal memory to initially import your bookmarks.
    Disable Power Saver warning on lower battery

Channel versions for respective chromium engine:

Stable: v58.x
    Beta: v59.x
    Alpha: v58.x no more maintened alpha builds ( will only maintain 2 latest caf branches, stable and beta versions )

Check second post for the channel versions and changelog

Browser optimised to Qualccom devices, it will work on other devices but not so optimized.

If you are in android 6.0.+ before opening browser give permissions to contact, that way you can sync out of the box with your Google Account. info here

Also since some are reporting password wipe from google account Sync, maybe better disable the password Sync on PC and only Sync time to time the passwords. Just to be on safe side. Think its some security mesure from Google in place. info here

If you like and have some spare bucks use the PayPal link to donate. Would really appreciate that.

Import/Export Bookmarks Option, you need to mannually copy your bookmark file from Chrome on PC / Chrome on android to the root of your internal memory to initially import your bookmarks.

Download link: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=44933&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC

If you have root and want kinda bookmark sync using tasker

You can find also on XDA Labs for updates.
    Changelogs

TugaBrowser v60.0.3112.2938655

Bring up to date with CodeAurora Source
    Several bug fixes
    Uplevel for Chromium 60.0.3112.78

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120754083

TugaBrowser Beta v60.0.3112.2916053

Removing Enhanced Media Player

Report if video player its now better...

TugaBrowser Beta v60.0.3112.2909889

Fix crashe in SVGImage animation timer
    Roll DEPS v8 (v1.4)
    Fix minidump upload failing with 401 response code
    Added Ecosia search Engine over the list
    The Cannot open bug, " crash" seems its now fixed, also login on ebay its now working

TugaBrowser Beta v59.0.3071.2889757 2017-07-02

Fixed IP Leaks by WebRTC
    Disabled WebGL
    Bring up to date to source from CAF
    Reduced hosts filter list

TugaBrowser Beta v59.0.3071.2846739

Uplevel to 59.0.3071.71^

TugaBrowser Beta v59.0.3071.2838282

Enable usage of Favicon dominant color
    Revert "Remove unused function for extracting colors from a favicon on Android"
    Fix edge navigation
    Refactor tooltip to new APIs

TugaBrowser Stable vv58.0.3029.2839677

Roll DEPS V8 (m58a v1.5)

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545568140

TugaBrowser Beta v59.0.3071.2831893

Added home button to adress bar
    Move partner bookmark initialization to THREAD_POOL_EXECUTOR
    Merge commit '59.0.3071.60^' into HEAD
    Incrementing VERSION to 59.0.3071.60
    Merge all CAF changes

TugaBrowser Stable v58.0.3029.2830841

Added home button to adress bar
    Move partner bookmark initialization to THREAD_POOL_EXECUTOR

TugaBrowser Stable v58.0.3029.2819540

interrupt and resume download with CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH errors

TugaBrowser Beta v59.0.3071.2814652

Roll DEPS V8 (v1.0)

TugaBrowser Stable 58.0.3029.2809115

Uplevel for Chromium 58.0.3029.83
    Set safe_browsing_mode to default for system channel
    Do NOT PromptUserForDownloadPath in Middle of Downloads
    Disable Power Saver warning on lower battery
    Fixed Google Search Engine not hable to select at first run
    OK guys, this is a build of TugaBrowser Alpha based on CAF v57.x source

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862702756

Overall its being good, although custom search engines seems having problem.

Send with my OnePlus 3T
    CAF released v59.x engine.
    Expect TugaBrowser v59.x this weekend
    Cheers

Enviado do meu ONEPLUS A3003 através de Tapatalk
    edit: tutorial is now live: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-...-with-third-party-chrome-browsers-on-android/

Good news, everyone!

I've got it working! Automated bookmark syncing with any third-party, Chromium-based browser! I ran into issues with communicating and getting things working with my testers, but luckily I was lent a Samsung Galaxy S7 which I rooted myself to test this.

It turns out there was nothing wrong with my script, and it works almost perfectly! Yay!

I'm thinking about how I can tidy it up (and am playing around on a secondary Google account to make sure it works repeatedly), and because of that + the time it will take me to write up a tutorial, it may be a few days before you see the fruits of this work.

I can say right now that a hard requirement for this automated syncing is that your phone MUST BE ROOTED. There is absolutely no way around this requirement because you can't modify items in the /data/data folder (which is where the bookmarks file is located) without root access. Sorry unrooted users, blame Google for taking away bookmark sync.

Also, my setup is with Tasker. Tasker is the most popular automation app on Android, but it's a paid app (and well worth its price). If you want to set this up with one of the free (IMO less powerful) Tasker alternatives, you'll have to figure out how to do that on your own.

#MakeTugaBrowserGreatAgain