[DISCUSSION] Android 7.0 Nougat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

khanvict90

Dec 30, 2010
can we now mix and match different themes, icon packs, and wallpapers. with the nougat update or is this only for s7 ?

Jimmyvb98

May 5, 2016
Hillegom
can we now mix and match different themes, icon packs, and wallpapers. with the nougat update or is this only for s7 ?
Samsung Themes looks like this in the S6, if it looks the same as on the S7, you can probably mix and match like you're saying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170209-124938.jpg
    Screenshot_20170209-124938.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 498
Reactions: khanvict90

crixley

May 25, 2012
Yeah I created threads for the S7 and S7 Edge owners, most of the questions are answered in here. People who don't know what they're doing or people who want a stable OS, don't flash this as it may have some bugs.

Honestly I'm mindblown that half of the people on here haven't bricked their phones yet. They're lucky that it is pretty hard to do with this phone. A few I've been on were very difficult to root and ROM, and it was hilarious to see people learn lessons about why they need to read and pay attention

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

On a more related note, great work man. This will be a huge help to the community

Mohit0144

Mar 9, 2014
Katni
if anyone having g920a .

plz upload system dump .. we can then only port out the update

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Jimmyvb98 buddy i have created a thread and posted your links there so that people there can update there phones and maybe if possible anyone can share system dump

Jimmyvb98

May 5, 2016
Hillegom
if anyone having g920a .

plz upload system dump .. we can then only port out the update

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Jimmyvb98 buddy i have created a thread and posted your links there so that people there can update there phones and maybe if possible anyone can share system dump
Alright, can you give the link to that thread? So I can watch it too.

Fullmetal Jun

Sep 10, 2013
Camp Kidney
OnePlus Pad
Why can't Samsung make its WiFi and network bars icons in the status bar like stock Android and Good Lock? I thought that since there was good lock before as an experiment, it'll be there on the next major update, but no!

Jimmyvb98

May 5, 2016
Hillegom
". i can instal A&T stock rom in my g920i for get this uptade?"

No.
I know what you're talking about with "error", because bootloader version could be a problem for Odin. But if the flash success your phone will be difficulty recoverable.
I have seen different threads about G935F firmwares on the G935A, so it may be possible to flash a stock AT&T G920A firmware on the G920F via Odin and then sideload to Nougat using the correct sideload files.

cloud596

Jan 7, 2011
I have seen different threads about G935F firmwares on the G935A, so it may be possible to flash a stock AT&T G920A firmware on the G920F via Odin and then sideload to Nougat using the correct sideload files.

technically you can flash nougat with old bootloader.thats how note 5, s6 edge plus custom rom work.so it can be refer back to marshmaloow.

khanvict90

Dec 30, 2010
From the Vice President of Samsung Turkey:
https://twitter.com/TansuYegen/status/829238824274448384
C4IMTfwWMAE_ses.jpg:large

S6: End - Third Week of February
S6 Edge: Beginning - Fourth Week of February

Its true guys!

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Hello guys, i saw somthing on the newspaper from turkey and i want to share it with you guys dont blame me for translate its copy past from google transle from turkish to english so here you go!

Samsung has begun distributing the Galaxy S7 Nougat update abroad. However, Galaxy S7 or S7 edge owners in Turkey have not been able to meet Android 7.0 update yet.

Even Samsung's Vice President Tansu Yeğen should have had a lot of questions on Twitter, so the Samsung manager could not stay any longer and had to make a statement about the issue regarding Galaxy S7 update via Twitter account.

According to Geve, the Galaxy S7 Nougat update is starting to reach current S7 and S7 edge owners by the end of this week. The S6 and S6 edge + owners will be at the end of the third week of February and the S6 edge owners will get the Nougat update after a few days. Note 5 owners will also meet Android 7.0 version in about 10 days

Source: Hurriyet
one of the biggest news papers of turkey

Technology giant Samsung, Galaxy S7 users in the last month of 2016 was happy to give news. The company has begun distributing the Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Galaxy S7, but for some reason it has been withdrawn. The Android Nougat update, which was so irritating to everyone's mind, was so clear with the final explanation.

Android Nougat, who became a puzzle, started out with Samsung Turkey Vice President Tansu Yeğen responding to questions on Twitter. The intense requesting update was pretty curious. That's why the navel has removed this problem from the middle with a Tweet. The Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 is now clear.

At the same time, tweets were posted on Twitter, and information about when other Samsung's other Galaxy models would get updated.

The Android Nougat Update For Galaxy S7 Will Come On This Date!

Samsung vice president of Turkey Tansu Yeğen said, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge models at the end of 2nd week of February, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge Plus and Galaxy Note 5 at the end of 3rd week of February and Galaxy S6 Edge To the Galaxy series in May and to the Galaxy J series in July.

Source: Teknoport

This is news from 4 ours ago :highfive:

Last edited:

vixkes

Mar 29, 2011
Catania
Is possibile download the true beta of android 7.0 for s6 edge + and note 5 ( no s6 and s6 edge) in this site : samsungvn.com

star2d2

Feb 9, 2017
Hey guys
I have made a flashable .zip for twrp, it is based on G920A Nougat Firmware but I can't test it now because I'm at work rn. Can anyone try it on G920A and G920F as well?

Here is the Link: https:// mega.nz/#!Ok8jFJwL!kaBQ7ZMijYgc2rg-9Y7qeuE6Yci1zaD_U2fKpSQMEGQ (remove space after // to download the file, can't post links as I am a new member :) )

Flash at your own risk.

Reactions: Kambiz Engine3R
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Turkey vice president shared an image on Twitter regarding details on updates, I can't share outside links because I have less than 10 posts but I'll explain to you what he wrote;

So to translate, only post S7 models will get AOD because, after conducting severel tests, S6 and Note 5 are deemed not to be doing well in terms of battery performance. He says S7 has a chip on motherboard specially designed for handling AOD tasks which S6 and Note 5 lack, and because of that putting AOD on these models would drain so much battery that end users would feel dissatisfied. AOD won't be optional either. Also he says that tests for S5 and Note 4 for Nougat were underway but ultimately cancelled because of below-expected performance issues on both devices. Lastly, S6 and S6 egde are reported to get nougat 24 February, 10 days from now, Note 5 on 6th of March and S6 Edge+ on 13 March. Other dates are on the graph. Feel free to ask for any translation, I'll be glad to help.

Of course these dates are for Turkey only, but once they're available in Turkey and the firmwares surface on the web you can most probably flash them onto your devices as well.
    Half of people on this thread are focused on, probably, the least useful feature - AOD.
    Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge: February 13, 2017 (Update Received)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge: February 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5: March 6, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus: March 13, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A8 / A3 (2016): April 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T818): May 15, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A5 / A7 / A8 (2016): May 22, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T817): May 23, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (P580): July 13, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy Taba (T587): July 19, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy A3 / A5 / A7 (2017): July 24, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016): July 31, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J7 (2015): August 28, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016): September 18, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015): October 1, 2017
    Samsung Galaxy On7: October 31, 2017

Samsung officially responded to this. According to the information provided, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 will unfortunately not receive the Android Nougat update. It should be noted here that Samsung has made a special campaign for the S5 and Note 4 owners to pass on to the next generation of devices, while the tests show that their performance for Nougat is inadequate.

According to Samsung official information, the Galaxy E series and the Galaxy Alpha, the forerunner of the A series, will also not receive the Android Nougat update.
    Switching to google smartphones when my 6s dead

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Samsung's policy is the same for years. Why you buy a Samsung?
    Guys i just came over to say goodbye to you all! I finally sold my s6 and bought a nexus 6P :D I feel like I'm in heaven lol it's so f*ckin smooth and quick. Good luck with the s6 and keep waiting for nougat :D maybe one day you'll get it hehe
    haha, it's like exchanging an apple for a watermelon :d