[ROM][N920T] CyanogenMod 13 ALPHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover
This project is far from dead, in fact, we're only just starting.
I have Lineage 14.1 builds on my device that are roughly in the same state as the cm13 build I posted a while ago and I'm planning to share those really soon.
The biggest two blocking issues on Android 7 (sensors and camera) are fixed.
We also have a shiny new audio driver and processing drivers (noise cancellation, automatic gain control, acoustic echo cancellation).
My overall goal is to kick off official nightlies in the near future, but take this with a grain of salt, no guarantee for that.

I'm barely checking xda once a week or so, this is why I don't post here that often ;)
The best way to track the project is really via our official Gerrit/Github instances.

SafetyHazard

Feb 18, 2017
Iwo Jima
This project is far from dead, in fact, we're only just starting.
I have Lineage 14.1 builds on my device that are roughly in the same state as the cm13 build I posted a while ago and I'm planning to share those really soon.
The biggest two blocking issues on Android 7 (sensors and camera) are fixed.
We also have a shiny new audio driver and prices drivers (noise cancellation, automatic gain control, acoustic echo cancellation).
My overall goal is to kick off official nightlies in the near future, but take this with a grain of salt, no guarantee for that.

I'm barely checking xda once a week or so, this is why I don't post here that often ;)
The best way to track the project is really via our official Gerrit/Github instances.

Dope, me too.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

But I don't use github. XD

RaymanFX

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 8, 2011
Hannover

Jigz737

May 4, 2016
:cool:
Okay guys, here are some preliminary N920T+C builds.
I tested the N920T build on my device, the N920C is provided as-is, no guarantee it works at all.

If I receive positive feedback on these I will open a new thread for Lineage 14.1 stuff.
Bugs right now: No fingerprint unlock.

N920T: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120709690
N920C: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634747933

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 20-02-2017 at 11:47 PM ----------

No data no audio call n920t lag when your typing others than that its smooth.. Ooh and there's a werid error message during installation

Elkhardioui

Dec 1, 2013
Toulouse
Please . Any 928 kernel ? Ill try the 920c one on my 928f thx
Error 7.. cant install because zenlte. . :(

Last edited:

codybank_789

Dec 16, 2011
I tested the N920T build on my device, the N920C is provided as-is, no guarantee it works at all.

If I receive positive feedback on these I will open a new thread for Lineage 14.1 stuff.

I'm on 920L and I can't flash both builds.. There is a weird error about log.

cewrld

Aug 4, 2013

Thanks for the builds.

Trying N920C build , it cannot be flashed via TWRP:
E1001: Failed to update system image.
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

I will be waiting for fixed build for N920C.

I know you are very busy and working hard do finding and fixing bugs but that would be great if you can post a new release every 2/3 weeks. Project can be more alive and testers can reports bugs/try latest builds and have latest security patches (at least until official nightlies.)

Thank you for working on Note5.

:cool:

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 20-02-2017 at 11:47 PM ----------

No data no audio call n920t lag when your typing others than that its smooth.. Ooh and there's a werid error message during installation

Fixed the data connection by choosing any APNs on the list, resetting it to default and rebooting. Also added http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc under MMSC. Lag when typing only happens when using the built-in CM browser, no problems with any other browsers and when typing within the phone. Still monitoring the battery usage. Other than the call audio issue, everything works fine and runs smooth, no FC's or any other errors.

EDIT: turning on portable hotspot shows an error - it turns on but it doesn't show on the Wi-Fi list

Last edited:

Lochman79

Dec 29, 2011
Smooth as fuuuuu**, but no call audio. I also had to enter the correct mmsc under APN to get data working. No biggie.

I had to download Google calendar sync apk to get it to work.

Last edited:

Its working smooth like always but i think we still dont have call audio on n920t i know we need nougat sources but the rest works perfect and games work smoothly

1-no flashlight

Did not test much of it since i need calls

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note5 using XDA Labs

maxstahn

Jun 13, 2014
Manila / Al Ain UAE
Thanks for the builds.

Trying N920C build , it cannot be flashed via TWRP:
E1001: Failed to update system image.
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7

I will be waiting for fixed build for N920C.

I know you are very busy and working hard do finding and fixing bugs but that would be great if you can post a new release every 2/3 weeks. Project can be more alive and testers can reports bugs/try latest builds and have latest security patches (at least until official nightlies.)

Thank you for working on Note5.
+1

actually I tried flashing both ROMs. ended up with same result. looking forward for some fixes.

thanks a lot @RaymanFX

Last edited:

velayo

May 23, 2010
Santa Isabel, Puerto Rico
Just wanted to add that the touch sensor on while screen is off during a call error is still showing. I know we dont have on call audio, but i placed a call and got the phone to my ear The proximity sensor worked and the screen went off but the touch sensor remained on, makingvit posible to enter touch commands with the ear and face.

Ive seen this bug in many other cyanogen builds over the years, including the S5 and S4 early builda.

keunhuvac

Nov 2, 2010
No audio call.
SMS OK
Make call in/out oK (other phone ringing and ringing when other call to).
Set APN but no data.

Vampirøs

May 21, 2012
Aleppo
OnePlus 8 Pro

hey @geiti94 ,can you check the N920C build , it gives an error 7 in twrp

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

moaz93

May 8, 2013
If we keep working on this, we may get a fully working CM13/14.1 build by Q1 2017 :D
Hopefully this doesn't get taken down like all other CM13 projects and Skyhigh kernel.

sorry just a noob question....... why it's taken down?!! and why the Skyhigh kernel as well?
that's so confusing!!!
is there any answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Issues:
    • Camcorder only works with Footej App
    • HW video decoding does not work (falling back to ffmpeg right now)
    • ...?

Things that need to be improved:
    • Move to OSS audio driver again (works for everything but incall audio, problem might be with libsecril-client, reverse engineering that library...)
    • Full Exynos display IP acceleration
    • Move to Mali R7P0 Marshmallow drivers (currently not working because Samsung made changes to private_handle_t in Marshmallow that need to be reverse engineered)
    • Clean up hacks needed for camera (scene mode override in frameworks/av)
    • ...?

GIT repos:
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=noblelte

NOTE: You *must* first flash official Marshmallow before flashing CyanogenMod 13!
    Downloads:
    Build 1

Builds can be flashed by your favorite recovery.

If you like my work, please consider donating a few bucks, it will help buying new devices and maintaining them (Most probably Exynos ones that no one else likes doing AOSP development on).

A *huge* shoutout to Javi Ferrer, macs18max, gladiac and others!
    Without you guys the Exynos Open Source platform on CyanogenMod would not be where it is today.

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Contributors
    RaymanFX
    Source Code: http://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-12-16
    Last Updated 2016-12-16
    I fixed Bluetooth and the awkward battery drain (with GPU rendering).
    Now with the help of a few other guys (namely Jesse Chan), we should have a working fingerprint implementation soon as well ;)
    We're not going anywhere (http://lineageos.org/) :)
    What was CyanogenMod is now LineageOS, we just rebranded.
    Almost all of the developers I know have made the switch and are on board with LineageOS.

Right now I am working on cm-13.0 and cm-14.1 (we are not renaming our branches right now) still.
    Fingerprint functionality and others (Bluetooth stability, etc.) will have to wait until I get Exynos hwcomposer with full overlay composition working, because right now we are just offloading all rendering to the GPU, which leads to higher battery drain than on stock.
    During the past days, I made good progress and I am now able to use 2 of the 7 hardware windows of our decon display subsystem (which is because I have not figured out what the deal is with the MPP IDMA pipes yet (IDMA_G0 and IDMA_G1 can be used, but from then on it gets weird..)).

I really want to switch over to cm-14.1 as fast as possible, but I'll need to spend time hacking up the sensors blobs to be compatible with Nougat then and a bunch of other things that will be broken.
    I hope Samsung gets Nougat out of the door rather sooner than later, because this will simplify the task for sure.
    The mystery is finally being solved...
    I spent a few hours today reverse engineering the Samsung audio HAL <-> kernel bridge for the Audience EarSmart 804 IC in the N920T variant (this chip is not present in the N920C, which is the reason why it's much easier to get call audio working there).
    Now I am able to fix incall audio for the N920T as well, with my own library that configures the chip through the kernel interface. I successfully tested speaker and earpiece audio.

By the way; I am well aware that there is another Lineage 14.1 build in the general section now.
    I realize most of you are not going to care about what I will say now; but anyways.
    I actually strongly suspect they are basically just downloading the source code I have on the official LineageOS GitHub and applying stuff on top of that.
    Now this is not a bad thing. However I'd appreciate if instead of scattering builds all over the place with the same bugs (it's pretty obvious that they are using the same base here) we could join efforts and work on a common base.
    This of course means for them to need to get my approval on each and every patch they want to submit, but that's not a bad thing and I really want to encourage anyone to contribute upstream.
    What is actually bad of those people is to take a kernel from GitHub (the one I maintain on Lineage, they noted they are using it in their thread) and re-uploading it to Google Drive. C'mon. If you're able to download it from git, be so nice to upload to git so others can profit too.

Anyways, I've been through all this "why don't you just upload your code so we can share and work together" stuff already; and those guys have vanished from the surface of this website, I'm tired of begging people to upload and share code.
    I will continue to push all my stuff to our Gerrit/GitHub like it was before; I believe this is the only way to make progress across the community.

There will be a new build for the N920T soon, with working in call audio and the touch issue while in call fixed too hopefully :)
    Breakthrough today!
    I integrated the new Nougat kernel sources for N920T and video recording is fixed.
    What's left right now is NFC, which was broken by the N config integration.

I'm also having healthy discussions with someone working on the N920C and we are preparing the tree for it on the Lineage github to reuse my existing noblelte-common tree.
    Right now both devices (N920C/T) have the same issues/fixed things, we're close to yet another test release here.
    Once NFC is fixed, we'll need to take a long hard look at the security layer again (mainly SELinux) and then ... who knows ;)

We're taking our time to get things proper instead of just overwriting the buggy open source components with prebuilt drivers. We also enforce a strict security model instead of hacking the whole platform and running SELinux in permissive mode like other people do, because we care. Yes - it takes longer - but the effort will be worth it in the end.

During the last week I couldn't find a single case where incall audio was broken on my N920T - meaning my OSS audience driver is kind of "smoke-tested" right now. We're advancing.