HTC 10 EE Stock Recovery/Firmware

Search This thread

Tuesg

Nov 1, 2016
Hey Folks

I have a slight issue, I had a rooted HTC 10(UK EE) phone running firmware 1.80.91.1, which I wanted to update so I flashed a back-up from TWRP to restore OTA functionality, however, this backup was corrupted and the phone got stuck in a boot loop with no OS, hurrah!

I've sorted that however, by locating a TWRP backup of 1.21.91.4, which was the only one I could find for the CID EVE__001, this file was just a boot and sys.img no recovery, now I still can't get OTA updates as I'm getting the file system is corrupted error when trying to download the updates.

So I've hunted and hunted either to find a full back-up, recovery or RUU that will work with my CID as I'm S-on, I have had no luck, so I can no longer get updates for the phone.

So, does anyone have a stock recovery they could upload for either 1.21.91.4, or even better a full back-up of any of the x.xx.91.x firmware? I've been tearing my hair out trying to find anything above 1.21.91.4 and even that was just a partially back up.

Any help is muchly appreciated.

si86

Jun 16, 2008
Hi, I am om EE uk but my CID is HTC__001.
I HAVE A FULL BACKUP DONE IN TWRP, WHICH YOU CAN HAVE. I WILL SORT IT OUT AND SEND YOU A LINK. DONT KNOW IF IT WILL WORK BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT CID, BUT YOU CAN GIVE IT A GO.
GIVE ME A DAY OR SO.

Reactions: SailorJerry01

SailorJerry01

May 14, 2016
Sorry to resurrect the thread, @si86 I've having trouble restoring radio signal on my HTC 10 after flashing an incorrect ROM, I'm on EE also- I'd really appreciate a copy of your TWRP backup to try on my handset if you are able to supply, would be very appreciated! I'm able to change the CID to match, having been through them all recently! My bootloader is unlocked and I'm S-Off. Thanks.
@Tuesg Were you able to rectify your situation?

si86

Jun 16, 2008
Sorry to resurrect the thread, @si86 I've having trouble restoring radio signal on my HTC 10 after flashing an incorrect ROM, I'm on EE also- I'd really appreciate a copy of your TWRP backup to try on my handset if you are able to supply, would be very appreciated! I'm able to change the CID to match, having been through them all recently! My bootloader is unlocked and I'm S-Off. Thanks.
@Tuesg Were you able to rectify your situation?
I am uploading the copy to my g_drive now. It is around 6.5Gb. Sent me your email so I can give you access to the folder so you can download it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Blinkinink01

Feb 9, 2017
you legend. will pm you now. Thanks.

I've just hunted high and low to try and figure out why nothing will flash successfully to my HTC 10.
turns out to be this same issue, I'm showing as CID - EVE_001 on an MID 2PS62000
Any chance you could send me that link as well so that I can at least try and get the phone back to a usable state instead of being stuck in either bootloader, download or recovery.

My phone is Bootloader unlocked, but still S-On as I hadn't got that far yet.
Will i need to flash a stock recovery? and lock the bootloader again to get this to install properly?
It's really proving tricky as hell.

I got caught out a bit here as I was half way to using sunshine to s_off, and then I accidentally triggered an OTA update to Nougat 7.0.......
It never restarted properly after that and i've been unable to get it back to 6 or any other ROM at all as they all fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: SailorJerry01

Tuesg

Nov 1, 2016
I managed to fix it, but only by switching to s-off and installing the EU edition software, I'm a tad concerned now though as I've yet to get the roll out of the 7.0 update, not sure if that's because of installing a different firmware or whether it hasn't been rolled out yet.

SailorJerry01

May 14, 2016
@si86 Many thanks for your assistance and sharing the files, I was unable to fix my phone after trying various avenues (100+hrs) so I swallowed my pride and went the insurance route, not worth spending more time on getting to work and I now have a rather nice device, yet unusable call/texts wise to play with alongside my nice shiny new one running 2.41.91.3 - I've rooted and S-off with sunshine, just trying to decide whether i'm going to play with some more custom ROMS again! Of course I am!
@Tuesg Kudos on fixing your issue!

Reactions: si86

faceman123

Feb 28, 2017
guys can you please help me, my HTC 10 is EVE_001 i want to unroot how do i do that? i bought it off gumtree and cant get banking app to work due it being rooted.

silegeek

Feb 12, 2011
Abingdon
how can i do that, im really noob to this, thanks

Along with superuser usually comes with an app for configuring it, depending on how it was rooted. SuperSU is usually the most common although I much prefer magisk.

It will be obvious what it's called, either superuser, SuperSU, etc. SuperSU contains within it the ability to fully unroot.

If there's no app, and if it is a stock rom, and not a custom one, a factory reset will remove it. If not, you will probably need to either do some adb commands to remove it, or remove it using the recovery.

faceman123

Feb 28, 2017
Along with superuser usually comes with an app for configuring it, depending on how it was rooted. SuperSU is usually the most common although I much prefer magisk.

It will be obvious what it's called, either superuser, SuperSU, etc. SuperSU contains within it the ability to fully unroot.

If there's no app, and if it is a stock rom, and not a custom one, a factory reset will remove it. If not, you will probably need to either do some adb commands to remove it, or remove it using the recovery.

you sir are my hero, i will try when i get home !!

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011

In short terms, yes that might work for banking apps but it won't work for future Android updates. You need a completely stock (untouched) system and SU changes that even if you choose to unroot via the application.

faceman123

Feb 28, 2017
hi when i i tried that super user unoot it goes to Twrp bootloader and nothing in there says unroot or uninstall twrp bootloader

faceman123

Feb 28, 2017
Hey guys Google pay still doesn't work says phone has been modified I am eve_001 software number 1.80.401.1 what can I do to make phone stock again

silegeek

Feb 12, 2011
Abingdon
Hey guys Google pay still doesn't work says phone has been modified I am eve_001 software number 1.80.401.1 what can I do to make phone stock again

I've had that issue with both Viper and Maximus. Removing root doesnt seem to totally remove it, and certain apps still pick up ... something.

Going back to total stock condition is a huge pain in the unmentionables. Because quite a lot of phones don't actually have an RUU for thier CID (for instance mine, H3G__001) has no RUU. So complete stock, even from TWRP backup was never an option for me. Even though ROOT wasnt an issue, things like OTA problems persisted no matter what.

I had to S-OFF (worth it in general tbh) in order to go back to a complete stock condition using the HTC WWE version (HTC__001). In the end I just decided to stick with the ROM I have now, LeeDroid. It has the option to be installed without root from the get go, but these days I just use Magisk. It is so simple to hide from banking apps and even things like pokemon go, that it doesnt do any harm having root there.

Jon Olita

Apr 15, 2012
I HAVE A FULL BACKUP DONE IN TWRP, WHICH YOU CAN HAVE. I WILL SORT IT OUT AND SEND YOU A LINK. DONT KNOW IF IT WILL WORK BECAUSE OF DIFFERENT CID, BUT YOU CAN GIVE IT A GO.
GIVE ME A DAY OR SO.

Hey si86,

wondering if I can get a link to your backup too!!

Thanks man!

corydor13

Sep 18, 2011
Northampton
GIVE ME A DAY OR SO.

Hi there,

I'm in the exact same spot as the guy above. I restored the backup he mentioned, but don't have the Recovery. Therefore my phone is telling me I need to enter decryption password and won't boot past it.

Would you be able to give me that backup too?

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GIVE ME A DAY OR SO.
    you legend. will pm you now. Thanks.

I've just hunted high and low to try and figure out why nothing will flash successfully to my HTC 10.
    turns out to be this same issue, I'm showing as CID - EVE_001 on an MID 2PS62000
    Any chance you could send me that link as well so that I can at least try and get the phone back to a usable state instead of being stuck in either bootloader, download or recovery.

My phone is Bootloader unlocked, but still S-On as I hadn't got that far yet.
    Will i need to flash a stock recovery? and lock the bootloader again to get this to install properly?
    It's really proving tricky as hell.

I got caught out a bit here as I was half way to using sunshine to s_off, and then I accidentally triggered an OTA update to Nougat 7.0.......
    It never restarted properly after that and i've been unable to get it back to 6 or any other ROM at all as they all fail.
    @si86 Many thanks for your assistance and sharing the files, I was unable to fix my phone after trying various avenues (100+hrs) so I swallowed my pride and went the insurance route, not worth spending more time on getting to work and I now have a rather nice device, yet unusable call/texts wise to play with alongside my nice shiny new one running 2.41.91.3 - I've rooted and S-off with sunshine, just trying to decide whether i'm going to play with some more custom ROMS again! Of course I am!
    @Tuesg Kudos on fixing your issue!