[Rumour] No Nougat (7.0/7.1) update for g4 AND V10

Search This thread

nikomedes

Dec 10, 2012
It is really funny. how can you be happy with 3rd quarter 2017. Possibly at that date Android 8 will be released.

hamzaawiiii

Jan 28, 2016
Wait at least another 6 months ? :crying:
I wish someone could figure out a way to unlock the bootloader . we wouldn't be bagging for an update if we could install costum ROMs would we ? :(
3Q of 2017 ? That's just Stupid :(

Velkyrix

Jun 13, 2015
Well we got the source.
https://www.lge.co.kr/lgekor/main.do

After translating, it says:
G4, V10 Android OS upgrade related

LG Electronics has decided to support Android 7.0 upgrade for G4 and V10.

Both models are designed to work best in Android 5.0 and 6.0 environments,
I have upgraded the OS once.

However, LG Electronics respects the right of customers to choose, so we have carefully considered whether or not to upgrade the OS.
At the MWC press conference held on March 26, executives said,
I am thinking about how I can give value to consumers. "

As a result, V10 will be available to customers who wish to upgrade in the second quarter and G4 in the third quarter
We plan to support Android 7.0 (The schedule is based on Korea, and overseas will be announced separately in the relevant country)

We will continue to provide products and services that will satisfy our customers the most.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Wait at least another 6 months ? :crying:
I wish someone could figure out a way to unlock the bootloader . we wouldn't be bagging for an update if we could install costum ROMs would we ? :(
3Q of 2017 ? That's just Stupid :(

Yeah its quite sad that its that far from us, but do consider that there are high chances of the following:
1. We might get UX 6.0 and not 5.0+
2. We might get a version of android higher than 7.0 (In all that time they could give us at least 7.1)

daniLaLaLaLaLa

Sep 11, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
plus.google.com
Yeah its quite sad that its that far from us, but do consider that there are high chances of the following:
1. We might get UX 6.0 and not 5.0+
2. We might get a version of android higher than 7.0 (In all that time they could give us at least 7.1)

If LG's really gives us 7.1 with UX6 for us, that's really worth to wait and i'll greatly salute LG's for that but if it still UX5.. Well, better than nothing i guess..
Anyways.. Let's wait for the update, cheers!

Mod can close this thread since everything is answered now..

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro

Flashing_Expert

Sep 21, 2013
Jihlava
LG G6
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
This is a flagship device so "better late than never" is not good enough. Look where the handling of HTC sensation landed HTC. If people lose their trust for a brand, the brand is in trouble.

It was flagship device in 2015 and part of the 2016
Now it's not priority one device as new flagships are here.
But IMHO 2 years of support is joke, it shold be 3 at least or they should release crucial parts of source code for open-source community to give them chance build good ROM with all the "qualities" of the stock rom (I mean camera quality as example)

Reactions: kot-mokot

lallolu

Dec 5, 2009
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
But IMHO 2 years of support is joke, it shold be 3 at least or they should release crucial parts of source code for open-source community to give them chance build good ROM with all the "qualities" of the stock rom (I mean camera quality as example)

I totally agree. 2 years is a rip off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i imagine this on a balance.. one side how much they would spent on 7.0 development vs the other people moving away from LG.
    what a re you toughts do they loose more money at developing a g4 that should be able to handle 7.0 asn the nexus 5x has nougat.
    or all the people that will get angry and dissapointed. as we still in the 2 year update cycle.??

2 Year update cycle means absolutely nothing nowadays.

Manufacturers and carriers have been taking the piss out of Android consumers for a decade now with slow, buggy updates, a multitude of crapware installed onto handsets, a severe failure to keep devices up to date, failure to patch serious security flaws in good time - and Google knows about this and idly sits by and lets it happen. Instead of working with the manufacturers and carriers to fix this, they develop their own handset and concentrate on that.

Google need to stand up for themselves, defend their product and start making demands of their partners - timely software updates, a minimum number of monthly security updates (actually delivered monthly), and a minimum number of major software releases.

Apple won this. They don't allow carriers to install any bloat on their handsets at all. They were brave enough to turn round and lay down the law from the very start and it's worked. Google caved to pressure, allowed manufacturers to put their own skins on the OS, then allowed the carriers to install their own bloatware before the software gets to the consumer.

Google spent quite a lot of time and money on neat Material design for it to be completely shat on by the OEM's. It must be painful to see your hard work messed around with like that, but again, they just sit back and watch it happen.

This phone was really promising when it was first released, and hardware wise it's still a good phone, it's been let down by LG and Google's failures on every step and if those failures aren't enough to make people reconsider purchase of an LG device I don't know what is.

I found a page on the LG site detailing the contents of the monthly security patches released by LG for the G4. There have been one a month throughout 2016 and 2017. How many have actually made it to handsets? For my handset, officially 3. Out of 15 monthly security patches that is a completely unacceptable number.
    "aging device's stability and reliability"

superroto2.png
    The only real problem is that manufacturers lag behind on updates so much that the 2 years is actually only a 1 year equivalent to nexus/ pixel support
    2 years is plenty if the manufacturer provides mayor updates all the way untill the end and doesn't just essentially wait out the 2 years. For example if we get nougat in q3 that shouldn't be considered long term support from LG, when nougat was actually released when this device was just over a year old. So the 2 year support should count up to when the os was released rather than when the manufacturer decides to release the update.
    Info z XDA http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20170304000048#cb

Nadal wciąż są to tylko plotki ale już mniej pesymistycznego kalibru...

Wysłane z mojego LG-H815 przy użyciu Tapatalka

This is english forum as you can see...
    F u c k i n g b a s t a r d s !