Viper4Android for Nougat 7.1.1 ROMs [No need of /system repartitioning]

Search This thread

vib_sel

Nov 30, 2014
Delhi
This v4a actually works on Nougat 7.1.1 ROMs. :D I've tried it myself on AICP 12.1 and AEX (7.1.1) ROM. There is no error while flashing the low or low space error while updating/installing driver. Hence no need to repartition /system just for using v4a. :) Don't forget to install Busybox. :p
Attaching the file down below.

Attachments

• viper4a_4-4-4_s1th.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 1,583

mobaddict

Nov 3, 2016
I was wondering if Viper4Arise would work or should I just use Viper4Android? I never got Viper4Arise to install again after a February build of AICP. Maybe it isn't compatible anymore.

mobaddict

Nov 3, 2016
Found out that I'm missing /system space which is why I can't install Viper4Arise. I also installed GApps which made me lack the /system space required. Fixed by replacing LatinIME.

Reactions: vib_sel

mobaddict

Nov 3, 2016
I meant that I removed the stock keyboard (LatinIME), deleted using SystemAppRemover of AICP Extras and installed a different one (I used Fleksy). That gave the phone enough system space to install both GApps and Arise Sound System.

Steps:
1. Install a different Keyboard app. (Google Keyboard, Fleksy, Swype, etc.)
2. Remove the system app LatinIME /system/app/LatinIME (can use System App Remover AICP Extras or manually with root access using File Manager)
3. Install GApps and ARISE Sound System. (I use OpenGapps and AROMA installer of ARISE Sound System).

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

I can install pico GApps or ARISE Sound System individually but not both because it would require more system space and the stock keyboard is the easier one for me to replace to be able to free up the needed space. You can remove other system apps to free up the needed space if you don't want to replace the stock keyboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: vib_sel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This v4a actually works on Nougat 7.1.1 ROMs. :D I've tried it myself on AICP 12.1 and AEX (7.1.1) ROM. There is no error while flashing the low or low space error while updating/installing driver. Hence no need to repartition /system just for using v4a. :) Don't forget to install Busybox. :p
    Attaching the file down below.
    or download apk from here: http://vipersaudio.com/blog/?page_id=48
    then install it, it also requires busy box
    Found out that I'm missing /system space which is why I can't install Viper4Arise. I also installed GApps which made me lack the /system space required. Fixed by replacing LatinIME.
    I meant that I removed the stock keyboard (LatinIME), deleted using SystemAppRemover of AICP Extras and installed a different one (I used Fleksy). That gave the phone enough system space to install both GApps and Arise Sound System.

Steps:
    1. Install a different Keyboard app. (Google Keyboard, Fleksy, Swype, etc.)
    2. Remove the system app LatinIME /system/app/LatinIME (can use System App Remover AICP Extras or manually with root access using File Manager)
    3. Install GApps and ARISE Sound System. (I use OpenGapps and AROMA installer of ARISE Sound System).

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

I can install pico GApps or ARISE Sound System individually but not both because it would require more system space and the stock keyboard is the easier one for me to replace to be able to free up the needed space. You can remove other system apps to free up the needed space if you don't want to replace the stock keyboard.