Lemfo Smartwatch Development

Search This thread
Sep 30, 2016
If I understand you correctly, User2Root must be configured hours?
Or I did not understand correctly? How can I put there ROOT?
User2Root is an option under the "Log and Debugging" tab in the engineering mode application. The application is launched using stock phone app and dialing *#*#3646633#*#* . But not all devices have such option and I still don't know if it is available in Lem4/DM98.

alexey60

Feb 22, 2017
User2Root is an option under the "Log and Debugging" tab in the engineering mode application. The application is launched using stock phone app and dialing *#*#3646633#*#* . But not all devices have such option and I still don't know if it is available in Lem4/DM98.

Thank you, I went into the engineering menu, but user2root not active.

AKinsella1

Aug 8, 2016
Hello, I received DM98. Please tell me how to create one that they would work with the Galaxy s5 without sim card? Or do they only work with SIM cards? How to get ROOT, that would remove unnecessary programs? I have android 5.1. How to enable the Internet, my sim card with the Internet. How to put a photo on your phone number, or it is not possible to create one? Thank you .

The DM98 smartwatches are only OS android 4.4.2 not 5.1 hence why you cant put a photo on your phone number with stock app. You could look up a third party app for this watch and install it on your watch. I think "True Phone" app can allow picture to phone number. Root with KingoRoot here https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/ . Adrian.

Last edited:

alexey60

Feb 22, 2017
Thanks to everyone for their help. Root has set, remove all not required. From these hours I expected more. Who opened the debate about cheating buyers. All the same, I want to get a watch with Android 5.1

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

who knows how to put the firmware? I would like to conduct an experiment, to try to put the firmware 5.1 by DM08

Last edited:

AKinsella1

Aug 8, 2016
Thanks to everyone for their help. Root has set, remove all not required. From these hours I expected more. Who opened the debate about cheating buyers. All the same, I want to get a watch with Android 5.1

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

who knows how to put the firmware? I would like to conduct an experiment, to try to put the firmware 5.1 by DM08

How did you root your watch. Adrian.

rbns

Mar 31, 2010
KW88

Look at the forum 4pda

Due to the HUGE battery consumption, I decided to change KingRoot to SuperSU. Maybe I killed some of the services from King, that I started eating the battery so much, and maybe everyone (write about this on 4pda), in general, he started dropping the battery for 1.5-2 hours. They write that King supposedly does not allow the processor to fall asleep, because of this zhor.
This reason also became a search for the next method of root, because Super-Sume did not work with this version of King. Super-Sume, this is an application that changes KingRoot to SuperSU (who often makes a root, knows what kind of application it is.) If you do not know what it is, you can read it on the link. In general, I found another way Ruth and it all worked. But, I did a general reset of the Android. I installed everything from the "clean sheet". But I think you can and with the "dirty" try. : Yes2: By the link everything is described, there will be no meaning, but there are several nuances. Because we have a small display)
Installation KingRoot 4.5.0 B202 BETA went quietly, received immediately after the first restart. Then he did this: Installed Super-Sume Pro v9.1.9, immediately rebooted. Then I launched Super-Sume Pro v9.1.9, I poked it in a big blue circle (this is how the process starts in this application), nothing has changed. A few seconds later, King's request for permission to root-access Super-Sume Pro came out. Confirmed rut, again silence ... After a while, there is an alert that the type "level first passed, level two begins." The program in two passes makes the task. The first puts SuperSU, the second pass removes King. I poked in the confirmation like or the second lvl itself began, in general the request for a root already from SuperSU has got out. Then SuperSU asked to update the binaries and after reboot received the root.
In general, the program Super-Sume Pro is not visible from the screen for any processes, you just need to poke into a blue large circle and wait. I waited for 20 seconds. If everything went right, there will be two requests for Ruth's permission, the first from King, the second from SuperSU.
Now I have a full root, with SuperSU installed. If anyone is working with King and nothing has changed for the worse, leave it and do not suffer. All the same I hope that this is only me, an isolated case. Because as much as King I used to rant machines, there was no such thing.

Last edited:

Malartic2017

Mar 6, 2017
Lemfo / DM98 Smartwatch

So far I have read several discussions and forum and I have watched several videos on the Lemfo Lem4 in DM98 which are virtually 99% copies. I found that several vendors claim the smartwatch comes with Android 5.1 when but in reality it is only 4.4 :rolleyes:. Also no great success to install Android 5.1 ... If you succeeded successfully, could you show us using a video. Thank you in advance.:)

AKinsella1

Aug 8, 2016
I have not upgraded to 5.1 yet. There seems to be no firmware/rom available for the LEM4. Rooting it was the easy part. Trying to repartition it is turning out to be difficult. First of all there is no way to get into recovery mode using only the on/off button. I tried ROM Manager with my Lemfo LEM4 to force it into recovery mode. It does work and it seems that the LEM4 did go to the Recovery startup screen but not all of the information is beeing shown. It's like the screen zooms in (or the resolution of the screen is not big enough to show everything). Normally i should see a screen with a "dead" android logo and on top of the screen a choice menu but on the LEM4 only the middle part with the android logo is shown. So you can't see the choice menu. And even if you did, there are no up and down buttons (volume buttons) to make a selection and then enter that selection... I also would like to go into the recovery mode but can't seem to find a way with the zoomed in screen and the lack of selection buttons...

When you force it to recovery mode with ROM Manager you get totally stuck and have to let the battery drain out to get the LEM4 watch up and running again.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

I wanted the LEM4 to be more smartphone then smartwatch. I also don't like the watchfaces that comes with it and find them not very usefull. I made the LEM4 smartwatch much more productive by installing the following apps:

APEX Launcher (i find this one even better then nova launcer. You lose the watchfaces but are able to put time and date on the homescreen by using widgets. And when you swipe down from the top, you get your typpical notification shown).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anddoes.launcher

Virtual softkeys (This one is great, get back/home/running app button on your screen). You can even make the softkeys disappear when you don't need them.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tw.com.daxia.virtualsoftkeys

Power Toggles (Toggle your bluetooth/wifi/data and lots more right on your homescreen(widget) or notification screen)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc

Simple Digital Clock Widget (just a widget to set a clock on the homescreen, but i like it)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=milk.digital.clock

Headsup notification (you want notifications on your screen popping up like on smartphones and tablets? then this app is for you. I have not found an app yet that creates a notification bar, but this one is close)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...tifications&rdid=codes.simen.l50notifications

Screen On Off Lock (you can turn off the screen by using app, it takes off the pressure of your on/off hardbutton)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katecca.screenofflock

Get access to all the android settings
Settings Search - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.katzoft.settings.search.full

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

These stats are differant then my LEMFO LEM4. I only have 600Mb free in internal memory, and that space is fulled up easily with stock apps and updates. There is about 2gb free in media. Seems that yours is differantly partitioned

Don.t forget button savior app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey.nonroot&hl=en ( a great app that is missed buy many) a must have on this device. And may even replace your Virtual soft keys as a better option. It even has a button to turn of screen built in and can hide it to a small arrow. Adrian.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Update on my DM98. In Australia the DM98 supports 3g and data through HSPA because all providers or network carriers use the 3g band 2100mhz here. This is the only 3g band this watch supports. Phone calls are crisp and clear better than any smart watch I have had previously. (including the high end watches like D6, Q1, X5+ ect... DM98 has much clearer reception. 3g data is amazing being able to stream 720p movies from Show Box and internet. Great signal strength around -70 dBm/-75dBm outdoors/indoors respectively. Skype works flawlessly through data or wifi even in video mode thanks to it's nice built in front facing camera. All in all this is a great smart watch phone that I will be hard to replace any time some because of it's nice big screen and exceptional battery. I don;t even use a smart phone now. Just DM98 and Tablet. Adrian.

Last edited:

alexey60

Feb 22, 2017
froggerman
How did you bring Toggles to the main screen? Or I misunderstood something. I can not do it .

AKinsella1

Aug 8, 2016
Look at the forum 4pda

Due to the HUGE battery consumption, I decided to change KingRoot to SuperSU. Maybe I killed some of the services from King, that I started eating the battery so much, and maybe everyone (write about this on 4pda), in general, he started dropping the battery for 1.5-2 hours. They write that King supposedly does not allow the processor to fall asleep, because of this zhor.
This reason also became a search for the next method of root, because Super-Sume did not work with this version of King. Super-Sume, this is an application that changes KingRoot to SuperSU (who often makes a root, knows what kind of application it is.) If you do not know what it is, you can read it on the link. In general, I found another way Ruth and it all worked. But, I did a general reset of the Android. I installed everything from the "clean sheet". But I think you can and with the "dirty" try. : Yes2: By the link everything is described, there will be no meaning, but there are several nuances. Because we have a small display)
Installation KingRoot 4.5.0 B202 BETA went quietly, received immediately after the first restart. Then he did this: Installed Super-Sume Pro v9.1.9, immediately rebooted. Then I launched Super-Sume Pro v9.1.9, I poked it in a big blue circle (this is how the process starts in this application), nothing has changed. A few seconds later, King's request for permission to root-access Super-Sume Pro came out. Confirmed rut, again silence ... After a while, there is an alert that the type "level first passed, level two begins." The program in two passes makes the task. The first puts SuperSU, the second pass removes King. I poked in the confirmation like or the second lvl itself began, in general the request for a root already from SuperSU has got out. Then SuperSU asked to update the binaries and after reboot received the root.
In general, the program Super-Sume Pro is not visible from the screen for any processes, you just need to poke into a blue large circle and wait. I waited for 20 seconds. If everything went right, there will be two requests for Ruth's permission, the first from King, the second from SuperSU.
Now I have a full root, with SuperSU installed. If anyone is working with King and nothing has changed for the worse, leave it and do not suffer. All the same I hope that this is only me, an isolated case. Because as much as King I used to rant machines, there was no such thing.

Thanks very much for your post. I was silly enough to use KingRoot to root my DM98 and found same battery problem and slow performance. Once I installed Super-Sume and followed your instructions, which can be hard to do because of little screen, and with a little patience it removed KingRoot and replaced with SuperSu. Great Stuff. Thanks again. Adrian.

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
I have the DM98 with Android 4.4, its an off brand from ebay but it's pretty much like then Lemfo 4. I used Kingoroot with Kingo SuperSU, I have had no battery issues. I get about two days of battery usage with it installed .Root access is great and Root Explorer works as it should and I can mount R/W just fine. I have yet to use it as a phone though.

Last edited:

AKinsella1

Aug 8, 2016
I have the DM98 with Android 4.4, its an off brand from ebay but it's pretty much like then Lemfo 4. I used Kingoroot with Kingo SuperSU, I have had no battery issues. I get about two days of battery usage with it installed .Root access is great and Root Explorer works as it should and I can mount R/W just fine. I have yet to use it as a phone though.

Yeah Kingoroot seems to be fine but Kingroot is a different root app that should never be used as it drains battery life and has a lot of adware and slows down performance. Therefore must be removed and replaced with supersu using Supesume App. However even with Kingoroot when you charge the watch you see its adware on screen and reports show that it will slow down watch after time and is not recommended. But at least you can uninstall Kingoroot. Kingroot won't unistall and your stuck with it unless you use the supersume app. Adrian.

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

It's strange, but I have Super-Sume Pro v9.1.9 and everything stops.

Do you mean something like settings doesn't work and you have to factory reset. If this happens it usually means stage 2 of supersume process did not complete. Adrian.

Last edited:

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
I can confirm that it does not support 3g bands in the U.S.
I was bothered by that at first, but the battery life more than makes up for it. I'm rarely without my phone so I just Bluetooth tether my watch and I get 1.5-2.0mbps down and the battery lasts days.

I have the LEM4 so I'm just waiting for a DM98 rom to appear somewhere so I can use SP flash tools to flash it to get the improved partition layout. So if anyone has a fresh out the box DM98 and is willing to backup the rom with SPflash tools and host it online somewhere, you'll make a lot of new friends.

I recently got my DM98 from Ebay. I don't mind trying to dump the ROM. I haven't used SP flash tools, but I can figure it out rather quickly. I can't even boot to recovery using ADB. Everytime I enter the reboot recovery command, it reboots into the first recovery screen with the android logo and just sits there until the battery dies. It will not go any further, nor will it restart until the battery completely drains. Today and tomorrow I will mess SP Flash tools when I get some time between the other things I have going on, and see if it is even possible to extract ROM.

AKinsella1

Aug 8, 2016
I recently got my DM98 from Ebay. I don't mind trying to dump the ROM. I haven't used SP flash tools, but I can figure it out rather quickly. I can't even boot to recovery using ADB. Everytime I enter the reboot recovery command, it reboots into the first recovery screen with the android logo and just sits there until the battery dies. It will not go any further, nor will it restart until the battery completely drains. Today and tomorrow I will mess SP Flash tools when I get some time between the other things I have going on, and see if it is even possible to extract ROM.

That would be fantastic if you could provide a basic stock rom to flash. Yes it seem when we go to recovery mode the information does not fit on the screen or can't be seem and there are no up and down buttons to select an option even if it did. Like you I am working on this problem. Adrian.

Last edited:

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
That would be fantastic if you could provide a basic stock rom to flash. Yes it seem when we go to recovery mode the information does not fit on the screen or can't be seem and there are no up and down buttons to select an option even if it did. Like you I am working on this problem. Adrian.

Usually when you boot to recovery there are two screens, the first one is the android with the triangle or whatever and then the next is the recovery UI. My DM98 boots into the first screen, with no zooming issues it seems. but I can never get it to go to the next screen with the recovery options. I would boot the DM98 to tell you exactly what I see, but I don't want to get it stuck in recovery right now before trying to dump the Rom. I have already begun downloading/installing drivers and spflash tools. I will try to dump it sometime today instead of tomorrow. I am curious to see if it will work.

Then I will work on recovery. There are alot of tutorials on creating CWM for MTK devices, so Im gonna start reading up and see if I can get a version of CMW to install.

das7771

May 9, 2009
Plantation
rom dump

Well the dump is complete and I am uploading the folder to my Google drive now. The upload will be complete in about in hour or two. I did the dump following the post on this link https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html. I am pretty sure the end address is correct when extracting the files using SPflashtools. I then processed the file using MTK Droid tools, so every thing has been exctracted into a folder. If you would like the original file from SPflashtools let me know and I will upload that as well. Please download the folder/files and mirror/share somewhere else, so that I can delete the files in a week or two from my Google Drive. I do not use any other file sites, so I will need to get the space back eventually.

As soon as the upload is complete I will either update this post, or reply with a link to the folder. ENJOY!!!!

Update:
Below is a link to a unrooted DM98 android 4.4 backup. I pulled an image using SPFlashtool and extracted the contents using MTK Droid Tool. This is NOT a flashable rom. This a folder with all data extracted from the partitions. I am not responsible with what you do with this in any way. Use At Your Own Risk.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Byxe2Id2RcLJeXJNR1d6ZExRMnM?usp=sharing

The link below is for the backup from my DM98 unrooted android 4.4 firmware, that was obtained by using SPflashtool. Please use this file at your own risk. I do not know what will happen if you flash this on to your device, nor do I take any responsibility for any damage you may cause by using this file. I have not used either of these files yet, so please make sure your are sure of what you are doing.

DM98 unrooted 4.4 SPFlashtool image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byxe2Id2RcLJcXBvVTVFQWNIeHc

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DM98 ClockSkins

Hi,
    I found a way to change the default ClockSkin permanently and also put my own ClockSkins on the DM98 on the SD card.
    A tutorial and some clockfaces you can find on nd73.de/dm98

thumbs2.png
    rom dump

Well the dump is complete and I am uploading the folder to my Google drive now. The upload will be complete in about in hour or two. I did the dump following the post on this link https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-526.html. I am pretty sure the end address is correct when extracting the files using SPflashtools. I then processed the file using MTK Droid tools, so every thing has been exctracted into a folder. If you would like the original file from SPflashtools let me know and I will upload that as well. Please download the folder/files and mirror/share somewhere else, so that I can delete the files in a week or two from my Google Drive. I do not use any other file sites, so I will need to get the space back eventually.

As soon as the upload is complete I will either update this post, or reply with a link to the folder. ENJOY!!!!

Update:
    Below is a link to a unrooted DM98 android 4.4 backup. I pulled an image using SPFlashtool and extracted the contents using MTK Droid Tool. This is NOT a flashable rom. This a folder with all data extracted from the partitions. I am not responsible with what you do with this in any way. Use At Your Own Risk.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Byxe2Id2RcLJeXJNR1d6ZExRMnM?usp=sharing

The link below is for the backup from my DM98 unrooted android 4.4 firmware, that was obtained by using SPflashtool. Please use this file at your own risk. I do not know what will happen if you flash this on to your device, nor do I take any responsibility for any damage you may cause by using this file. I have not used either of these files yet, so please make sure your are sure of what you are doing.

DM98 unrooted 4.4 SPFlashtool image:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byxe2Id2RcLJcXBvVTVFQWNIeHc
    Cool. Which one did you root with rootking?

I accidentally ordered the Android 4.4 one, what i really wanted was Android 5.1.

Had no problem rooting the 4.4.

I really like this watch, specially battery life but the way the storage is partitioned makes it difficult to really get the most out of it.
    As is explained in another thread, you only have about 601mb of space for installing apps (and most of that space is already filled with stockapps) and about 2gb of space for storing your files like music, video and photo's etc...
    If i could find a way to re-partition the storage space it would really be a winner for me.
    Thank you. Also before I do share your work I want to get it right myself and then create some skins. I rooted my watch with kingo root. All good. Opened a shell and copy line as in step one. All good. But have got stuck at step 2 "get superuser privileges". How do I do this. I am some what new to this.

Do you use ADB or an app like SSHelper?

If you use ADB:
    - enable USB-Debugging in Settings > Developer option > USB-Debugging
    - start adb on your pc: adb start-server
    - connect the watch to the pc via USB
    you must enable USB-Debugging on the watch:
    adb1.png
    - adb devices
    - adb shell
    you get the shell prompt like this
    shell@vanzo72_we_72_kk:/ $
    - type: ls /system/xbin
    you get the content of the folder /system/xbin,
    check there is a file with the name "su"
    adb2.png
    - if there is, then type su
    maybe when you do su you have to answer Yes on the watch to allow access to root. Make sure you check the box below it that says do you want to allow it every time and then you won't have to answer that again.​

If you use SSHelper:
    - start wifi
    - start SSHelper and get the IP and port number:
    sshelper.png
    - on your pc open a ssh terminal (e.g. putty -ssh -P <PORT> <IP>)
    putty -ssh -P 2222 192.168.170.200
    - login as root with password admin
    - type su, then on the watch Kingo SuperUser ask to allow: press allow
    sshelper2.png

sshelper3.png
    If you got the super-user root privileges, the prompt changes from $ to #, if not, your watch is't rooted!
    Good luck
    KW88

Look at the forum 4pda