[KERNEL] B14CKB1RD [v2.4][Shamu][Nougat][9/3/17]

Search This thread

whodisname

Feb 14, 2012
destrehan
Hi,

Not sure what you mean by 'kernel management apps' but I don't have any of those RAM booster application in case you referring to those.
If you don't know what a kernel management app is, maybe you should stop flashing things and do a little more research first. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

BigDig

Aug 31, 2011
Boston
Xiaomi Poco F3
Any idea why dt2w always reverts to halfscreen even though I set it to full? This happens without rebooting, after the phone has been on the charger...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Any idea why dt2w always reverts to halfscreen even though I set it to full? This happens without rebooting, after the phone has been on the charger...

Yeas actually... Nexus 6 panel actually is to blame for this. The code written for the dt2w is set this way to fallback to halfscreen even if numerically set to 2 (full screen)

Will still function as it should

Sent From My OnePlus 3T

Reactions: nada324 and BigDig

BigDig

Aug 31, 2011
Boston
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yeas actually... Nexus 6 panel actually is to blame for this. The code written for the dt2w is set this way to fallback to halfscreen even if numerically set to 2 (full screen)

Will still function as it should

Sent From My OnePlus 3T
Thanks! BTW great job on the kernel! I was a long time Franco user, switched to yours 3 days ago and I'm really impressed! Keep it up!

Rodimus8402

Jul 19, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Assistance

Hello all,

I recently started using Blackbird for the Nexus 6 and I've been getting some strange errors, that I'd like some type of help with or at least if you can point me in the right direction.

Basically what happens is that seemingly randomly, my cell reboots itself, it does it almost every day and then after a few days it reboots and gets stuck at the boot logo.

I'm really new to taking logs, please let me know if you need me to do it a specific way or anything you need.
Any assistance would really be appreciated.
Thank you.

I use Nitrogen for the Rom, Open GApps - Full, Blackbird for the Kernel, and Viper4Arise - Swansong for Audio, and it was from a clean flash.

*I already posted in the rom thread, and they advised it is kernel related, so that brought me here

Attachments

• alogcat.2017-03-29-14-29-47-0400.txt
    88.1 KB · Views: 5

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Hello all,

I recently started using Blackbird for the Nexus 6 and I've been getting some strange errors, that I'd like some type of help with or at least if you can point me in the right direction.

Basically what happens is that seemingly randomly, my cell reboots itself, it does it almost every day and then after a few days it reboots and gets stuck at the boot logo.

I'm really new to taking logs, please let me know if you need me to do it a specific way or anything you need.
Any assistance would really be appreciated.
Thank you.

I use Nitrogen for the Rom, Open GApps - Full, Blackbird for the Kernel, and Viper4Arise - Swansong for Audio, and it was from a clean flash.

*I already posted in the rom thread, and they advised it is kernel related, so that brought me here
I looked through your logs and I really didn't see any kernel errors... I did however see slot of errors caused from ROM / device tree side... I ha e noticed lately as well alot of the people who ARE having issues are with Nitrogen ROM only too.

Sent From My OnePlus 3T

Rodimus8402

Jul 19, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I looked through your logs and I really didn't see any kernel errors... I did however see slot of errors caused from ROM / device tree side... I ha e noticed lately as well alot of the people who ARE having issues are with Nitrogen ROM only too.

Sent From My OnePlus 3T

Interesting, I posted my blurb there and the logs, but was directed here since I use your kernel.
Did you see why it randomly reboots? Or anything I can bring to the Rom thread.
Thanks a lot Reventech

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Interesting, I posted my blurb there and the logs, but was directed here since I use your kernel.
Thanks a lot Reventech
Alot of the errors I'm seeing are sensor and media related errors. The log doesn't show when reboots occur and is best to grab it while it immediately after or during the occurance.. if you can make it repeat and Target or trigger what causes it and log it then we'd have more success in figuring it out. But yea the log you sent is really riddled with alot of ROM related errors

Sent From My OnePlus 3T

Reactions: saintmonte

raptoro07

Apr 19, 2006
High Point, NC, USA
Thanks a lot Reventech
What you were told more accurately is that since you flashed a third party kernel the ROM developer cannot help you. He's only going to support clean flash and gapps only. No one else seems to be having this issue and as I am running nitrogen and Blackbird without these problems there must be something with your device or setup.

Reactions: jlokos

jlokos

May 27, 2011
Willamette Valley
Google Pixel 8 Pro
What you were told more accurately is that since you flashed a third party kernel the ROM developer cannot help you. He's only going to support clean flash and gapps only. No one else seems to be having this issue and as I am running nitrogen and Blackbird without these problems there must be something with your device or setup.

I have to agree with you; I have been running that combo for some time and have never had any issues.

Rodimus8402

Jul 19, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Alot of the errors I'm seeing are sensor and media related errors. The log doesn't show when reboots occur and is best to grab it while it immediately after or during the occurance.. if you can make it repeat and Target or trigger what causes it and log it then we'd have more success in figuring it out. But yea the log you sent is really riddled with alot of ROM related errors

Sent From My OnePlus 3T

That gives me a direction, the next time it happens I'll try and capture a log of it right away.

Sugarkryptonite

Mar 19, 2011
Montreal
Hey REV3NT3CH,

Love the kernel. Been using it a while. I just updated to the latest version and was wondering if someone could explain AutoSMP's hotplug settings "downrate limit" and "uprate limit"? Can't seem to find the info anywhere.

I'm used to using state helper.

Reactions: jax187

Rodimus8402

Jul 19, 2016
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Assistance 2

Hey REV3NT3CH,

So I reposted my issue on Nitrogen's thread and was advised to reflash the rom with stock kernel.
Before trying that, I'd like to know if you notice anything that might explain the reboots in this latest logcat, I captured it right after the lastest random reboot.

Thanks again for the assistance (I'd really like to keep using your kernel)

Attachments

• alogcat.2017-03-30-18-22-36-0400.txt
    42 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: papikev

JohnJCallanan

Jun 25, 2016

Sent From My OnePlus 3T

i'm mostly sure you have that correct- i have the same problem the other person is describing and it too was also on the nitrogen, with the time frame being after the 7.1.1 release
right now, i'm trying my setup (bb kernel, magisk) on resurrection remix (neo) and running the phone at max everything to see if i can cause the same problems from nitrogen, but so far i have nothing
i'll try to get a log once i've managed to get the weird reboot/settings reset crash

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    B14CKB1RD
    Kernel for the Motorola Nexus 6​

B14CKB1RD Kernel is made with stability and suitability for what uses you want from your phone. I like a happy medium of minimal and just the right amount of features added in as to not be overbloated. As usual happy flashing. Just note i am not responsible if you the user messes up your phone. I will always be around to help in any way i can so if any issues arise please feel free to send me a pm. ABSOLUTELY NO TROLLING, BASHING, OR ARGUING on the post please. Actions will be taken and you will loose my personal support.

Feel Free to Join us on our public Telegram Chat B14CKB1RD Kernel Nexus 6 Users

https://t.me/B14CKB1RDN6

Note: This kernel is Permissive by default but does allow Enforcing. Also this is NOT force encrypted

Downloads:

For Last Marshmallow build:
    Download Here For Upstream Version

Download Here For 3.10.40 Version
    How to Install:
    Boot to recovery
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe Dalvik/ART Cache
    Flash Kernel .zip
    Reboot to profit
    Features:

Governors:
    • Barry_Allen
    • Chill
    • Conservative
    • Dancedance
    • Darkness
    • Interactive
    • Nightmare
    • Ondemand
    • Performance
    • ZZMoove

I/O Schedulers:
    • Bfq
    • Cfq
    • Deadline
    • Fiops
    • Maple
    • Noop
    • SioPlus
    • Zen

TCP Congestion Controls:
    • Bic
    • Cubic
    • Highspeed
    • Htcp
    • Hybla
    • Illinois
    • Lp
    • Reno
    • Scalable
    • Sociopath
    • Vegas
    • Veno
    • Westwood
    • Yeah

Other:
    • Built using B14CKB1RD AnyKernel made by Snuzzo
    • Updated to latest August mr1.6 Google patches
    • Linux Kernel 3.10.107
    • Built with gcc 8.0 toolchain self compiled from GNU/Linaro
    • KEXEC MultiRom Support
    • CPU UnderClock
    • Adreno Idler
    • CPU OverClock
    • GPU UnderClock
    • GPU OverClock
    • Simple GPU Algorithm
    • Adreno Idler
    • Input CPU Boost
    • AutoSMP Hotplug
    • Mako Hotplug
    • State Helper
    • UnderVoltage Control
    • CFS Scheduler Policy
    • LZ4 Compressor/Decompressor
    • F2FS Support
    • ExFAT Support
    • Flar2 Wake Gestures
    • Franco High Performance Audio
    • Franco Sound Control
    • Battery Optimizations
    • Enhanced Power Efficiency
    • Fast Charge
    • Wakelock Controls
    • Adaptive Low Memory Killer
    • Power Suspend Mode
    • State Notifier Mode
    • Kernel Mode Neon
    • Asynchronous FSync
    • Dynamic FSync
    • Updated LED Blink support
    • Backport and Updates of LED qpnp driver from Nexus 6P
    • And many more..

Notes::

For maximum stability. Before I flash each update of my kernel, I go to settings>apps>Kernel-AduitorMod>storage and wipe the cache and data for it for a fresh new setup. I do this because when and if i do add or remove a feature you set on boot and its not there. it may cause conflict.

Starting with Version 1.9. The current rom you're on must have the latest google security patches as of august 2016 in order for wifi to work properly.

If you come across a bug or issue please do not spam the thread. either pm me or reach me on hangouts or g+ by rev3nt3ch@gmail.com

Grab the kernel adiutor i use from here

Grab the version of Viper4Android i use from here

Source:
    click here

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is the difference between Upstream and the 3.10.40 version?

A: Upstream (currently 3.10.107) has the latest kernel patches from the Linux kernel upstream updates from kernel.org where as the 3.10.40 is where Google has left the kernel at stock for the n6. Basically it's just updates from Linux Mainline that have fixed issues found in their code. For those that also don't know, Android is a mobile form of Linux and uses the Linux kernel.

Q: Whats your current setup using the modded kernel aduitor from yoinx?

A: Darkness governor
    CPU Min Frequency is at 300mhz
    CPU Max Frequency is at 2496mhz
    GPU max frequency is at 600mhz
    Hotplug is set to AutoSMP with 4 Max cores online and 2 Min cores online
    Screen Color Profile is set to Deep Black Colorful
    Sounds Volume Gain is set to 4
    DoubleTap2Wake is set to Fullscreen
    Vibration is set to 50%
    TCP is set to Sociopath

Everything else i leave AS IS.

Credits & Thanks
    @Snuzzo (for teaching me all he knows about kernel and his code used on many devices)
    @hellsgod (for his support, code, and friendship)
    @frap129 (for his specially made 6.3.1 toolchain)
    @apophis9283 (For his friendship, help and contributions to android)
    @xanaxdroid (for his toolchains)
    @buckmarble (for his code and contributions)
    @Xileforce (for his code and contributions)
    @franciscofranco (for his code, contributions and audio tweaks)
    @faux123 (for many of his awesome kernel contributions and code)
    @flar2 (for Gesture Wake Controls and)
    @savoca (for his work and code such as kcal control)
    @DespairFactor (for his code and contributions)
    @DragonHunt3r (for his code and contributions)
    @alucard_24 (for his code and contributions)
    @bbedward (for zen decision and his code and contributions)
    @Yoinx (for his awesome work on kernel adiutor and general help)
    @RenderBroken (For his code, contributions and his friendship)
    AOSP for having all this a possibility with open source
    All Other Developers who make android a great hobby to enjoy
    All of my testers and users thank you for keeping me going.
    To any other devs i missed...all your work is very much appreciated. if you feel i should put you on the list let me know via pm and ill gladly do so
    I haven't really made too big of a public announcement....to say it's been one hell of a ride is an understatement... With that said...You won't be seeing any developments from me in the future. Been a long time coming tbh and personal life in current state is more important than to continue here. Goodbye guys. I enjoyed sharing with you
    NEW BUILD!!!! IM NOT DONE WITH N6 YET!!!! lol...Anyways Updated it to Latest August mr1.6 braanch of android googlesource. Added a fix for disabling some more wakelocks that have been causing some battery life havoc as well as finally fixing the major bcl related shutdowns... Enjoy guys!!!!
    B14CKB1RD FINALLY UPDATED!!!!!... Introducing to you a new governor. its called CHILL and is now set as the default governor as i like it that much. Also have merged in the latest google updates as well as kernel.org updated to 3.10.102 for upstream version. i did alot of under the hood fixes to stuff like powersuspend as well. i left a new message regaurding 1.9 in NOTES section of OP regaurding googles latest security paches. Enjoy the kernel guys.
    working all day today on an updateso far im running into a small reboot snag...working on a fix..once i have that...ill be releasing a well deserved update...so far im liking this lightning governor alot