Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eiwarmer

Jun 24, 2016
Behind you
OnePlus One
OnePlus Nord
Thanks for your answer.

I have been using Candy in the past (MM version) and flashed the early builds of your 7 version.

But let's say I am new there as I haven't flashed Candy for a long time and never used the Substratum app. :p

Magisk is activated and prompts for root rights when needed (see screenshot).

I don't know what I am missing there...
After applying a theme sometimes it freezes. For me a reboot fixes that

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Thanks for your answer.

I have been using Candy in the past (MM version) and flashed the early builds of your 7 version.

But let's say I am new there as I haven't flashed Candy for a long time and never used the Substratum app. :p

Magisk is activated and prompts for root rights when needed (see screenshot).

I don't know what I am missing there...
I looked at the DNA Dark Theme, and I would suggest using something more simple until you know everything works. Try using Default Dark or ModernUI or Divinity for starters. Some themes, like my Swift Dark, have a drop down that appears in Substratum in which you must select your Android/ROM version. CandyRoms is currently "v7_1_OMS" in Swift Dark...

Substratum rootless - does not require root, just some Android permissions.

If you had Subs installed before this update, go to the Subs app and clear the data for it. No clue what else could be affecting you as it works fine here. :confused:

Reactions: Anghirrim

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Good news... (hopefully)

@gaja22, I don't often fulfill user requests, but I do like the triple location QS toggle feature. Thanks for suggesting it.

Added triple location tile, and fixed wifi connection bug (hopefully).

Candy-bacon-7.1.1.Beta.v3.0-OFFICIAL-20170328-2041.zip

Can be dirty flashed on the last version(s). Please report back if the wifi bug is fixed for those affected. Thanks.

Enjoy!

Anghirrim

Apr 29, 2011
Google Nexus 5
Samsung Galaxy J5
I looked at the DNA Dark Theme, and I would suggest using something more simple until you know everything works. Try using Default Dark or ModernUI or Divinity for starters. Some themes, like my Swift Dark, have a drop down that appears in Substratum in which you must select your Android/ROM version. CandyRoms is currently "v7_1_OMS" in Swift Dark...

Substratum rootless - does not require root, just some Android permissions.

If you had Subs installed before this update, go to the Subs app and clear the data for it. No clue what else could be affecting you as it works fine here. :confused:
Yep that was my goal. Thanks for your confirmation.

- Step 1: read a tutorial on how to use substratum (we never know, I might miss something stupid)
- Step 2: try with a theme known to work

Side note, I choose DNA Dark just to have a try after having read the XDA article about it. This is the first time I try Sub.

Edit: Tried with more simpler themes, it works... Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

gaja22

Oct 31, 2010
Montlouis-Sur-Loire
Reactions: NoSpamDan

69gm

Jun 27, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
Did anyone else lose Ok Google detection? It was fine all the way up to the last 2 builds.

I'm leaning toward Google making some sort of change but wanted to ask just in case.

Nah, it's always Google's fault! :laugh:

kennymc666

Nov 19, 2013
OnePlus 8 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
What do we have for bugs, folks? Not feature requests, but bugs...
Hi there.

idk if this is a bug but developers options disappeared for me in one of the last builds. tapping build version doesnt make it appear again. still another question: does this ROM support F2FS? or do all nougat ROMs support it?

greetz

Sent from my One

reinipic

Apr 30, 2014
Vienna
www.img-media.org
Hello, I think I have a problem too.
Latest Rom makes a few problems for me:
No developer options, no activation possible by tapping build number.After that I wiped complete system, factory reset and made a clean install with latest build and gapps.
After clean flash the developer options were enabled by default, a file manager app was included again in the rom and former Cyanogen ringtones and alarms were here again!? :confused:
Please note, thats not a critique, I am only just a little confused whats happend. Could anyone enlight me? :rolleyes:

Greets, reinipic

tonyboy3

Dec 17, 2011
Awsome rom! Keep going with your amazing work! ;)

ps: I can see developer otions in the latest build

NoSpamDan

Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2012
candyroms.org
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7T
Hello, I think I have a problem too.
Latest Rom makes a few problems for me:
No developer options, no activation possible by tapping build number.After that I wiped complete system, factory reset and made a clean install with latest build and gapps.
After clean flash the developer options were enabled by default, a file manager app was included again in the rom and former Cyanogen ringtones and alarms were here again!? :confused:
Please note, thats not a critique, I am only just a little confused whats happend. Could anyone enlight me? :rolleyes:

Greets, reinipic
A team member made a change to enable Developer options by default, I believe. You may only realize this on clean flashes going forward.

Sent from my Slim OnePlus3-T using Tapatalk

Reactions: reinipic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pnVJDW5.png

This is Candy7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

2e8esupa.jpg

@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @CertifiedBlyndGuy @axxx007xxxz @Flashalot @rohitporoli @Venomtester

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    • Recents:
      • Multi-window
      • OmniSwitch
      • Immersive mode
      • Clear all button
      • Memory bar
      • Slim Recents option
    • Advanced power menu:
      • On The Go Mode
      • Screen record
      • Adjustable dialog background shade
      • Sound panel
    • Expanded desktop
    • Lockscreen:
      • Battery charging current overlay
      • Adjustable shortcuts
      • Weather (OmniJaws)
    • Statusbar settings:
      • Ticker (disable heads up when in use)
      • Weather panel
      • Clock/battery configuration
      • Traffic indicators
      • Quick settings tile config
      • Immersive messages
      • Force expanded notifications
      • Carrier label
      • Tap to sleep
    • Buttons settings:
      • Long-press/double-tap actions
      • Volume rocker
      • Playback control
      • Volume key answer
      • Disable HW keys
      • Pie control
    • Navigation bar:
      • Adjust colors
      • Smartbar/fling
      • Pulse
    • Screenshots:
      • 3 finger
      • Adjust framing
    • SlimLauncher

More to come, we are never done...

Flashing Steps:

Coming from another rom
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Download 7.1.2 Gapps (optional - See Post #2))
    3) Boot into recovery (TWRP)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash Candy7.zip
    6) Flash Gapps
    7) Reboot

Updating from previous CandySeven release
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash Candy7.zip
    4) Reboot

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need the following:
    1. Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
    2. A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
    Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known issues

-Please give first boot a good few minutes.
    -Still in Beta stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly...

Special thanks to LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, TeslaROM, and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OPO][7.1.2_r36] Candy7 Bacon - OOS+Sultan [OFFICIAL][NZH54D][OMS], ROM for the OnePlus One

Contributors
    NoSpamDan, gimmeitorilltell, kdp162
    Source Code: https://github.com/CandyRoms

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest LOS CM-14.1 branch nightlies firmware if radio or touch drivers needed
    Based On: AOSP + CAF

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v6.0 7.1.2_r33
    Current Beta Version: v4.0 7.1.2_r2
    Beta Release Date: 2017-04-26

Created 2017-02-14
    Last Updated 2017-12-14
    New Build Available

I have had a little time while traveling on vacation to play with the camera some... and have incorporated the OOS camera blobs and Sultan's camera HAL into this ROM. ( @69gm and @o0vampire0o ;) )

This is a SELinux Enforcing build as well...

Please no issue reports without a proper logcat. Seems pretty good to me, in the testing I've done while walking around Portland, Oregon USA...

Candy-bacon-7.1.1.Beta.v2.7-UNOFFICIAL-20170228-1314.zip

Don't forget your nandroids and have fun!
    be9apenu.jpg

See Post #3 for a list of what is working or not if you have concerns. Thanks!

ROM (OOS camera blobs + Sultan camera):
    Candy-bacon-7.1.2.Final.v6.0-OFFICIAL-20171212-1937.zip

GAPPS
    NOTE: You need to use GApps that are compatible with your Android version (7.1.1, 7.1.2,etc.). Beans Dynamic GApps are recommended for now.
    Beanstown106's Dynamic GApps
    Open GApps (Pico recommended due to included packages)
    ( DEPRECATED: "Normal" BaNks Dynamic GApps)

RECOVERY
    TWRP v3.0.0 or newer

BONUS TWRP MULTIROM RECOVERY
    See my MultiROM thread for Android N compatible versions (TWRP MultiROM v3.0.2-0 and MultiROM v33e).

RADIO
    Testing with .4.0.1.c7-00013-M8974AAAAANAZM-1.
    For others, check this OnePlus Forums radio thread, or elsewhere here on XDA.

Previous builds:
    New Build Available

This build has the new OMS7-rootless commits, PackageInstaller, etc. It also has the March security updates, and many tweaks. The OMS7-rootless portion may still have bugs, so be sure to make your nandroid backups!

The boot animation is pretty small but you can theme that and it's pretty low priority at the moment...

Candy-bacon-7.1.1.Beta.v2.8-UNOFFICIAL-20170309-1419.zip - OOS+Sultan camera

Enjoy!
    Here we go. Bumped to v2.8. Fixed HW Key options, unrooted (should be root now optional), updates for Snap camera, DUI, Smartbar and Fling, more...

Candy-bacon-7.1.1.Beta.v2.8-UNOFFICIAL-20170302-1942.zip

Thanks for being patient... ;)