[ROM][T810/T815] AOSP/LineageOS 7.1 Nougat || 2017/01/28

Search This thread

mr-br

Apr 3, 2012
Still seeing a spontaneous reboot with the 28 March nightly when disabling BT with a connected speaker.
I provided a logcat a few posts back, is anyone listening? Should I be posting that somewhere else?

Also I found that enabling BT under the system menu shows BT switch is enabled but the device list is blank. If I tap on "More Settings" the BT switch is now disabled!

Nate769

Jun 6, 2015
After leaving my problem for a few months, I have decided to return to see if its possible. I don't want to beat on the issue too much...

I have a 817W (LTE of course) I can get this rom to install, but in no way can I get my data to work! Which is a BIG concern for me. I am running 7.0 on my edge and going back to my 817W with 6.0.1 is KILLER!

Has anyone got this to work yet? I just get no SIM, and no baseband version...No worries if no one has, ill just wait for samsung I guess *Yawn*

triniboy

Dec 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6
Is there any special process to install SuperSU app?
Already installed the addonsu and root is enabled in developer options, some apps keep nagging about SuperSU and need it, but SuperSU fails to update the su binary.
Any idea ?

Yes Germany only thus far it is also available on sams mobile: https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T810/
hopefully this can fill in missing pieces for our Devs!

Reactions: nostupidthing

mr-br

Apr 3, 2012
Tried latest 04-April nightly and it still crashes when disabling BT. Looks like no one is listening :(
Any recommendations where to post a logcat?

risant

Aug 6, 2016
i installed samsung official release nougat 7.0 (germany) on T810 all worked...bluetooth,microphone,adoptable storage (no more corrupted sd Card), fingerprint sensors ,camera -----better than custom rom ...all apps stable.. . superfast i was able to root iT810...problem solved for this device...try it yourself u will not regret it

mr-br

Apr 3, 2012
Latest nightly has a smaller font on the display, most noticeable on lock screen and home pages. Think the icons spacing might be changed too, but can't see any obvious settings changed.

But there is a display regression as the task switcher now shows stacked apps with superfluous horizontal lines overlaid. :(

juniper1982

Mar 27, 2014
i am preparing to wipe the device for ROM installation.

I have TWRP installed and I am going to back up the device. Under backup, the default options checked are Boot, System and Data (excl. storage). I guess that means everything but the data on the SD card (my downloads, movies, music etc) will be backed up.

Now, would that include the data from other accounts on the device. In particular, my daughter has an account and play monument valley, and I would like her config etc to be protected.

Under her account in Android/data I found a folder labelled xxx.xxx.monument.valley (not precisely that, but something pertaining to monument valley. If I simply copy and backup that directory is that sufficient? Ditto for a few other programs (angry birds etc).

andyroidking

Mar 10, 2016
Lenovo P11
i am preparing to wipe the device for ROM installation.

I have TWRP installed and I am going to back up the device. Under backup, the default options checked are Boot, System and Data (excl. storage). I guess that means everything but the data on the SD card (my downloads, movies, music etc) will be backed up.

Now, would that include the data from other accounts on the device. In particular, my daughter has an account and play monument valley, and I would like her config etc to be protected.

Under her account in Android/data I found a folder labelled xxx.xxx.monument.valley (not precisely that, but something pertaining to monument valley. If I simply copy and backup that directory is that sufficient? Ditto for a few other programs (angry birds etc).

TWRP does not backup any media. That means anything in /sdcard. You will need to copy the files yourself to either your microsd or on to your pc.

That said... I never back it up as long as I don't choose to wipe the internal sd. This is what people refer to as a "dirty flash". Sometimes they also mean they don't wipe anything at all. By leaving the internal sd you run the risk of one or more apps data not being compatable with the upgrade making it hard to figure out if you are experiencing bugs ... YMMV

juniper1982

Mar 27, 2014
I thought "dirty flash" meant don't wipe anything (just flash and go, so all user data is there) and clean flash meant wipe cache and dalvik (which gets rid of any user config files). But does that wipe Android/data? According to you, is that no?

I guess I can just copy those two directories (pertaining to angry birds and monument valley) and hope that simply copying them back in the event of a wipe will restore the previous state.

My memory is that files on the "home" directory (downloads, videos, etc) don't get wiped unless you explicitly wipe the sdcard.

white09

Aug 19, 2015
April 11 build

Tried to connect to my bluetooth headphones. Could see my headphones under paired devices.
But headphones did not respond their signal that pairing was successful. Did not work at the end.

mr-br

Apr 3, 2012
Upgraded to 7.1.2 nightly (18-Apr) but still see no fingerprint sensor setting, and I felt sure that I saw somewhere that it was going into 7.1.2.
Does it work for anyone else?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1 (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Bugs/Issues :
    • Audio input volume is low
    • The video buffer will be cropped into weird dimensions when streaming (YouTube, etc)
    • Netflix is broken(?)

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

### RELEASES ###
    AOSP
    01.09.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
    Paranoid Android
    29.09.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
    CyanogenMod
    26.10.2016 - SM-T815 / SM-T810
    LineageOS
    28.01.2017 - SM-T815 / SM-T810

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP 7.0 Nougat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    RaymanFX
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_gts2/tree/cm-14.1

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-09-01
    Last Updated 2016-09-01
    Hey everyone, I will kick off official weeklies for the SM-T810 and SM-T815 very soon.
    During the last days, I fixed encryption, a few SELinux issues and Google Play Movies.

Regardless of that, there will be a few bugs still present once the official weeklies start, namely:
    • Fingerprint
    • YouTube videos zooming in when switching to 1080p

For the YouTube stuff, there is a commit on Gerrit to work around the issue, if I don't find the proper fix soon, that solution will probably be integrated.
    Now for fingerprint, you will probably say "oh but it was working in your last build" - and while that is true, there is an issue I was not able to fix until now: the fingerprint kernel driver *must* hold a permanent wakelock to be able to receive input from the sensor.
    If I drop this wakelock code from the driver, the FP sensor will work once after the first boot, but not anymore when resuming the device from suspend.

Aaaaaaaaand there's another catch:
    You *must* use my builds of TWRP for OTA updates to work: LINK.
    That is because TWRP and Android must mount the same partition at /misc for the BCB (boot loader control block) to work. Unfortunately all TWRP builds out there don't mount anything at /misc at all, so they will not be able to handle OTA updates.

Please test the TWRP builds I put up there while I prepare the last steps for weekly builds.
    New LineageOS 14.1 builds for Tab S2 LTE and WiFi are attached to the first post now :)
    Fingerprint, microphone input, and many more are fixed.

New features include hardware RGB display tuning (Settings->Display->LiveDisplay), this is now done on the display processor instead of the GPU and does not drain the battery any longer.
    I'm working on the hardware accelerated video playback issues right now, but LTE and Mic input are next on my list.
    As some of you might have noticed, CyanogenMod is no more and we rebranded to LineageOS.

However, we're not going anywhere (http://lineageos.org/) :)
    What was CyanogenMod is now LineageOS, we just rebranded.
    Almost all of the developers I know have made the switch and are on board with LineageOS.

I hope Samsung gets Nougat out of the door rather sooner than later, because this will simplify the task for sure.
    If not, we'll just continue to hack our way around the issues as we are doing right now.
    Fingerprint implementation has a low priority for me right now, so that needs to wait some more..
    I just uploaded my latest CyanogenMod 14 builds with working video recording for T810 and T815 :)
    These will probably be the last 7.0 builds as I am now working on 7.1 and there's good progress so far.
    Nougat is getting in shape on this tablet at last.. I personally think the new splitscreen and free form floating windows (enabled in the latest build) are pretty nice.