[ROM][N 7.1.2] [ KatKiss - Nougatella #039 ]

Search This thread

Rp2pilot

Mar 4, 2017
Hello,

yes i tried. Actually the device i am connecting to is a sound bar. So by default there is no phone audio option. Only media audio.

I end up with the same results with bluetooth audio and casting to the sound bar.

I did try on another device though. Will try in my car this evening.

That problem surfaced for A LOT of devices running Nougat .. Pixel phones had BT audio issues as well as the Oneplus3t. Wish I had a fix for you.

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Nope!
However it's my experience that I made a few years ago. My TF300T is a 32 GB version. In 2014 I have been used Cyanogen Mod 12.1 for a short cycle. After the first start of the custom rom I was asking if I wanted to use the recognized external 32 GB SD card either as internal or external storage. Accidently I checked "internal" and couldn't revoke it. After that I realized that the action doesn't make any sens. Unfortunately I couldn't reformat the SD card anymore on my PS because it wasn't readable. It became unusable for ever.
Conclusion: I would never adopt my external SD card to the internal storage, because it plays an important role in case of flashing rom updates or something else. :cowboy:

If you're running windows, you can clear the partition and repartition/format the card using diskpart->select disk->clean (assuming you have a microcard usb adapter)

leo025

Dec 9, 2012
I just recalled several posts that mirroring did not work on KatKiss 5.1 and 6 either, e.g.

https://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf300t/development/rom-t2932783/post58636902#post58636902
https://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf300t/development/rom-t3237867/post70087883#post70087883

I do not use it, but on several occasions, I tried (because of people questioning it) and it did not work.
Nevermind, I think we can agree on that it is currently not working... maybe timduru knows why and can state if there is a chance that it will work at some point or never.

I'm downloading KatKiss 5.1 just to confirm the native screen mirroring function.

Last edited:

Xzomo

Jul 14, 2012
Hi

Have a question about the "Full Wipe".
In Kang TWRP there is no option called "Full Wipe"
Since im not a pro i dont want to choose the wrong option :)

Are we talking "Factory Reset" option ?
or
is it "Advanced Wipe", and in that case what should i choose ?
(excluding ext_sdcard, ext_data etc..)

thanks and best regards
Michael

leo025

Dec 9, 2012
Hi

Are we talking "Factory Reset" option ?
or
is it "Advanced Wipe", and in that case what should i choose ?
(excluding ext_sdcard, ext_data etc..)

thanks and best regards
Michael

Hi buddy, a Factory Reset only wipes data and cache. A Full Wipe is selecting System, data, cache and Dalvik cache on "Advanced Wipe". Good luck :)

Reactions: Xzomo

ebonit

Nov 28, 2015
Berlin
Hi

Michael

Don't get confused. In post #1 is an install instruction. Please read it carefully. To avoid any issues make sure that you format /data (format is different than wipe).
Have a look at the attached screen shots. The first shows you the format data button. After touching it the second opens. Confirm by writing yes and wait. It may take up to one hour. Don't disturb, let it run!!! After that you'll have a clean system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-01-06-45-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-01-06-45-45.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot_2017-02-01-06-46-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-02-01-06-46-07.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 224

Xzomo

Jul 14, 2012
Don't get confused. In post #1 is an install instruction. Please read it carefully. To avoid any issues make sure that you format /data (format is different than wipe).
Have a look at the attached screen shots. The first shows you the format data button. After touching it the second opens. Confirm by writing yes and wait. It may take up to one hour. Don't disturb, let it run!!! After that you'll have a clean system.

Thanks Ebonit

So you mean i don't need to do the wipe just the Format and that is enough ?

Best regards
Michael

ebonit

Nov 28, 2015
Berlin
Thanks Ebonit

So you mean i don't need to do the wipe just the Format and that is enough ?

Best regards
Michael

You are welcome!
Yes it is. After format /data you'll get a clean system ready for a clean install of the rom of your choice. Don't forget to backup all data on your device you want to keep. If helpful, please use the thanks button. :cowboy:

Xzomo

Jul 14, 2012
You are welcome!
Yes it is. After format /data you'll get a clean system ready for a clean install of the rom of your choice. Don't forget to backup all data on your device you want to keep. If helpful, please use the thanks button. :cowboy:

Thanks ! :good:
Will get going with this after work today :)

Xzomo

Jul 14, 2012
Many questions for this noob (me)

Change /data filesystem to f2fs
(wipe => advanced wipe, check /data then "Repair or change filesystem" => change file system => and choose F2FS)

I need to choose a partitino to do this, both SYSTEM and DATA is possible but not at the same time. Should both be changed to F2FS ?

Best regards
Michael

konstantin_sp

Oct 10, 2016
Hi,

I have a problem with Google Play Store, I can not instal any app (Error 963). I've already tried flash different kind of gapps, wipe all (also with storage) in TWRP, uninstal updates of Google Play Store, clean data, etc. The same thing is on KatKiss 6.0.1

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
New Version #022

attachment.php

New rom version available:
KatKiss-7.1_TF300T_022.zip

Note that from a full wipe, current opengapps Setup wizard is not fully compatible with 7.1.2 as the interface to turn on wifi has changed, so if you proceed without first turning wifi on, SetupWizard will crash.

To work around that for those without a dock, I've added a button in the navbar temporarily to turn on wifi.

So until a opengapps are updated with a 7.1.2 compatible setup wizard:
Select your language, then turn wifi on with the button from the navbar
(if you have a dock you can also simply use the wifi function key)
Then proceed as usual.

(You can then use the NavBarTuner to remove the wifi button if you don't want it.)

Note that apps are going to get optimized in the background after the upgrade and first boot into android,
so better wait and let the tablet settle down for a while.

Changelog:
- Upgrade to Nougat 7.1.2
- fd whitelist: add device nodes needed for nvidia blobs
- device trees: add first_api_level
- NavBarEditor: add wifi_toggle button
- NavBar: temporarily add WifiToggle button by default to workaround opengapps setupwizard incompatibility with 7.1.2

KatKernel TF300T, TF700, TF201 #048b:
- Update for Nougat 7.1.2

Last edited:

ebonit

Nov 28, 2015
Berlin
Hi,

I have a problem with Google Play Store, I can not instal any app (Error 963). I've already tried flash different kind of gapps, wipe all (also with storage) in TWRP, uninstal updates of Google Play Store, clean data, etc. The same thing is on KatKiss 6.0.1

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

Yes I do. You must install Rom, Gapps and SuperSU in one run.
I would like to advise you to download all three zips from post #1 and reinstall them as a clean install. That means make sure that you format /data (format is different than wipe) firstly. :cowboy:

PS: Please take Rom version #21!

Reactions: konstantin_sp

Xzomo

Jul 14, 2012
Thanks everyone helping me with getting this to work on the GT300TG and thanks Timduru for your awesome work with this mod !!!

/Michael

konstantin_sp

Oct 10, 2016
Yes I do. You must install Rom, Gapps and SuperSU in one run.
I would like to advise you to download all three zips from post #1 and reinstall them as a clean install. That means make sure that you format /data (format is different than wipe) firstly. :cowboy:

PS: Please take Rom version #21!

Thanks a lot. For now everything seems to work. Great ROM.

residentorca

Jan 24, 2011
Seattle
Moto G Play
Thanks, @timduru. Clean install of v.22 running quite smooth. Very responsive, which is saying a lot because my tablet's hardware can be often finicky. Should Gapps v.7.1.2 (when available) be flashed over Gapps 7.1 or should I just leave it be?

Xzomo

Jul 14, 2012
So yesterday i installed the 7.1.1 #21 version, rebooted serveral times and also powered off and started up again.

:) Everything was fine, i inatalled Google search, a high rated wallpaper app and a music app, nothing more.
:( But today it just loops in boot after a cold start. I see the rectangular Katkiss logo and then the gren,red,blu.yellow circles moving around with the Katt and then it frezes and restarts with the same behaviour.

I could offcourse redo everything since i wont loose anything or install #22 , but since i work in IT i realy would like to know what the cause of it is :)
have followed and read all the instructions to my knowledge with the latests downloads.

Anybody had the same experience. / suggestions / is there any way to extract a crash log with ADB/Fastboot ?

Best regards
Michael

EDIT: To eager to wait for an answer im formating and trying 7.1.2 ;)

Last edited:

timduru

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks, @timduru. Clean install of v.22 running quite smooth. Very responsive, which is saying a lot because my tablet's hardware can be often finicky. Should Gapps v.7.1.2 (when available) be flashed over Gapps 7.1 or should I just leave it be?
It shouldn't be necessary as gapps normally auto-updates themselves.
If you do a clean install again after there are 7.1.2 gapps , then yeah better use that.

:) Everything was fine, i inatalled Google search, a high rated wallpaper app and a music app, nothing more.
:( But today it just loops in boot after a cold start. I see the rectangular Katkiss logo and then the gren,red,blu.yellow circles moving around with the Katt and then it frezes and restarts with the same behaviour.
Usually when it does that it means your /data partitioin got corrupted.
Can happen if you got forced reboot or if it runs out of battery or something overnight ?
I tend to never shut it down myself, just leave it on charger by night and use by day :)

if it happens again, try to reboot to recovery directly after it did it by holding volume down.
Then get the /proc/last_kmsg

While it's booting you can also try to use adb to get a logcat and see where it stops:
adb logcat > lc

Reactions: residentorca

Xzomo

Jul 14, 2012
It shouldn't be necessary as gapps normally auto-updates themselves.
If you do a clean install again after there are 7.1.2 gapps , then yeah better use that.

Usually when it does that it means your /data partitioin got corrupted.
Can happen if you got forced reboot or if it runs out of battery or something overnight ?
I tend to never shut it down myself, just leave it on charger by night and use by day :)

if it happens again, try to reboot to recovery directly after it did it by holding volume down.
Then get the /proc/last_kmsg

While it's booting you can also try to use adb to get a logcat and see where it stops:
adb logcat > lc

Hi timduru and thanks

Im now on #22 7.1.2 and hope it doesn't happen again :cyclops:
But will try your suggestions and send it in if it does !

Best regards
Michael

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php
    KatKiss ROM
    attachment.php

Nougat 7.1 Release​
    Asus TF300T​

Please note that this version is made for and tested on the TF300T model.

This rom is an aosp based rom with my own additions on top of it.

The main motto of the rom being Kiss. Even though the Meerkat could give you a kiss, it stands for Keeps it Sweet and Simple too
    Which means that the rom's main goal is efficiency, speed/responsiveness,
    while not adding bloated features that will slow things down :)

attachment.php

DOWNLOADS:

Quick demo video of the current rom: https://youtu.be/bclpP2UJydE
    You'll have to excuse the phone quality ;)
    it's mostly to show the responsiveness, launch times, switching between apps repeatedly, multi apps, video playing, floating windows and so on, it's not feature exhaustive.

Install Instructions:

Install KANG TWRP Recovery

• Backup everything !
    • Boot into the recovery

The first time or everytime you have an issue when dirty flashing (Especially when changing android versions):
      [*] do a full wipe , if you have issues make sure that you format /data (format is different than wipe)
      Warning: formatting will remove what is stored in your internal storage, so store the rom /gapps/supersu zips onto an external storage (microSD, SD card..) or make sure you know how to push them back through adb.
    • Change /data filesystem to f2fs
      (wipe => advanced wipe, check /data then "Repair or change filesystem" => change file system => and choose F2FS)

Then everytime (even when "dirty flashing") do the following steps:
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash the SuperSU zip
      [*]Flash gapps
    • Wipe cache/dalvik
    • Reboot

Note that current gapps setup wizard will crash as it is not fully compatible with android 7.1.2 (KatKiss >= 022)
    unless you turn on wifi manually after the language selection in the initial setup.
    (if you don't have a dock, use the extra wifi button in the navbar)

Rom Main Features:
    Native Nougat MultiWindow
    High speed and responsive oriented
    High performance and overclocked KatKernel included
    Built O3 & with High optimization flags
    Dock keyboard Support with full special/function keys support
    Global Keyboard Shortcuts / KeyOverride Macro association (See post #2 for more info)
    HDMI Support
    Battery Level Indicator & Dock Battery support + Mods (icon/Text/%)
    F2FS, CIFS, ext4, NTFS & Exfat support
    Native Android FSTRIM + Manual scripts for Database optimization and fstrim (see post #2)
    Media Scanner Filters
    System UI editor with Navbar tuner
    All Wifi channels support
    Integrated cpu & io performance settings panel
    Custom Navbars buttons long press actions
    User Immersive mode and actions with automode when docked setting
    Advanced per application permission management (AppOps)
    Ethernet-auto support
    Misc utils Busybox, rsync...

Included KatKernel Main Features:
    -- Based on latest Asus 10.6.1.27.5 version.
    -- CPU Overclockable up to 1700 (1500 default), GPU overclock (OC 520 by default) , uservoltage
    -- Built with UberTC GCC 5.4, -O3, graphite + Optimized flags
    -- F2FS support
    -- governors: interactive pegasusq conservative ondemand powersave performance
    -- iosched: BFQV7r5, Zen, ROW, SIO, deadline, NOOP, CFQ
    -- FS: ext3-4, VFAT, NTFS, F2FS, NFSV3+4, CIFS
    -- TCP Congestion: illinois cubic veno reno bic westwood highspeed htcp vegas scalable yeah
    -- Asynchronous Fsync
    -- USB NET drivers
    -- lowmemorykiller: misc optimisations & fixes
    -- backports from more recents kernels (3.4,& 3.9)
    -- SLUB
    -- exposed SOS/LNX
    -- Restrict slave mountspace so Dalvik apps can mount system-wide volumes
    -- Misc optimization & fixes: cpufreq, block, mmc, i2c, sched, rcu, arm specific routines, ...
    -- Misc security fixes, futex, tty ...

ChangeLog: http://public.timduru.org/Android/KatKiss/7.x/ChangeLog.html
    Rom Source: https://github.com/timduru (branch katkiss-7.1)
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/timduru/tf300t-katkernel
    Credits: Original banner concept by i9apps, Bootanimation by mgeniusm, original drawing by BBF, tetsuo for his contributions, Chainfire for SuperSU, Anthony Restaino for Lightning Browser

WebPage
    How to report
    What to include in the report

Disclaimer: The usual ;)
    Use at your own risk, I won't be responsible for any damages caused to your Transformer or to yourself.
    In most cases if something breaks, flashing a rom on top should fix it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    KatKiss-Nougatella, ROM for the Asus Transformer TF300T

Contributors
    timduru
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock bootloader, KANG TWRP
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Beta Release Date: 2016-09-02

Created 2016-09-02
    Last Updated 2019-09-28
    New Version #024

attachment.php

KatKiss-7.1_TF300T_024.zip

Note that apps are going to get optimized in the background after the upgrade and first boot into android,
    so better wait and let the tablet settle down for a while.

Changelog:

- Update to July Nougat Release
    - Update to June Nougat Release
    - Browser: don't limit number of tabs
    - Enable power save config of system apps and gms doze (Settings => Battery => Battery optimization to add gms)
    - Ukrainian: synch with EN resources
    New version #027

attachment.php

KatKiss-7.1_TF300T_027.zip

Changelog:

- Port November 8.0 Oreo Security Fixes
    - Port December 8.1 Oreo Security Fixes
    - Port January 8.1 Oreo Security Fixes
    Tips

First Install
    Make sure you do a format /data the first time you install the rom
    (backup your internal storage first if you want to keep something)

The first boot after a rom flash can take a few minutes as ART is slower than dalvik to optimize the applications, but is faster after the 1st time.
    (First boot takes ~4-5 minutes without gapps and 10+ minutes with gapps)
    Also keep in mind that after a fresh install, it might take a bit of time to get up to full speed as media scanner & google are checking/scanning and restoring stuff.

Note that app optimizations /cache will now occur in background after being installed, only when :
    - your device is idle
    - on power and fully charged.
    So after install , let your device on the charger for a few hours for it to fully optimize.

System UI Tuner
    A few things including the navbar buttons can be tweaked in Settings => System UI Tuner

Hardware keyboard layouts
    More languages have been added in the default asusec keyboard
    Set the keyboard layout through Settings => Language & Input => Physical Keyboard (asusdec)
    (to use multiple layouts , you first need to add another Language in Settings => Language & input)
    You can switch between layouts using the keyboard icon that appears in the navbar.

Storage Encryption
    Encryption is not supported on our devices

Global Key Override/Shorcut Mecanism
    Available in Settings => Dock => Add Key Override Actions

This will allow you not only to redefine function keys assignment, and other special keys actions,
    but you'll also be able to assign global macro actions / app launch to any key + Meta key combination (shift Left or Right , ctrl..)

You can also add multiple actions to one key combination, simply click again on the "+" button for the same key combination.
    For example if you want to assign to one key combination a list of action to run before going to bed for example, like: turn wifi off, Bluetooth off, mute sound, and turn screen off, you can do that :)
    Note that starting multiple applications with one key is kinda a miss and hit for the moment due to some mecanism in android that seems to prevent applications to start too close to each others.

Bluetooth audio devices
    For bluetooth audio devices that have "phone audio" capability you need to uncheck the box in the device's bluetooth settings.

Camera
    Video recording is 720p max

Storage (fstrim) and Database optimization:
    Fstrim is native since 4.3 and will happen in the background if your tablet is idle / sleeping and that your battery is > 70%
    There is also a script to run it manually in the rom: /etc/kat/optimizestorage

To optimize the Database: /etc/kat/optimizedb

To run both, open a terminal and run:
    su
    /etc/kat/optimize
    New Version #010

attachment.php
    New rom version available: KatKiss-7.0_TF300T_010.zip

Note that with supersu updating , you need to install the app back from the playstore even after flashing the supersu zip from recovery

Changelog:

- Update to Nougat MR0.5 release
    - fix widevine DRM (google play movies...)
    - Add per app signature faking permission support for MicroG
    - Global action: add relaunch top app in floating mode Action
    - Activate freeform windows by default
    - Statusbar drop down: allow to click on clock or date to go to alarms & calendar
    - Storage: fix "make writable to all apps" setting
    - av: add pre kitkat audio policy support
    - sqlite: update to 3.15.0
    - native: input: Adjust priority for hwc1 too
    - do not force sdcardfs flag
    - framework/base: misc fixes and enhancements
    - core: misc fixes

KatKernel TF300T 037 & TF700T-TF201 039:
    - Fix CVE-2016-5195