BATTERY DRAIN is dependant on your firmwares region!!! tested and re-tested again.

Search This thread

Dean F

Hello, I have tested this now atleast 10 times over. All stock firmwars, marshmellow, nougat. no root. Some firmwares have the dreaded overnight battery drain, and some do not.

Taiwan and NOBA region firmwars both drain battery overnight. For example, go to bed in the evening with 100% battery, and wake up in the morning and find you phone with only mid to low 90's battery remaining.

Hong Kong and Australia region firmsware - these both hold their charge overnight. 100% in the evening, and 100% when you wake up in the morning.

I have tested this many time - and this test is 100% repeatable and reproducable. You can test it yourself and get the same result. Before posting this I have checked, rechecked and tripple checked, and this is more definitly the case.

One thing I have notived is that both Taiwan and NOBA firmwares with the battery drain, both have an app called Emergency Alerts, which is used to give early notification of Earthquakes and other disasters. While HK and AU with no battery drain, do not have this app. Maybe its coincidence.

brokich

Jan 23, 2014
I have felt the possibility of something like this for quite a while now... it definitely seems plausible and in my case, it seems drain increases randomly without any change in software - only in location.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I have tested this now atleast 10 times over. All stock firmwars, marshmellow, nougat. no root. Some firmwares have the dreaded overnight battery drain, and some do not.

Taiwan and NOBA region firmwars both drain battery overnight. For example, go to bed in the evening with 100% battery, and wake up in the morning and find you phone with only mid to low 90's battery remaining.

Hong Kong and Australia region firmsware - these both hold their charge overnight. 100% in the evening, and 100% when you wake up in the morning.

I have tested this many time - and this test is 100% repeatable and reproducable. You can test it yourself and get the same result. Before posting this I have checked, rechecked and tripple checked, and this is more definitly the case.

One thing I have notived is that both Taiwan and NOBA firmwares with the battery drain, both have an app called Emergency Alerts, which is used to give early notification of Earthquakes and other disasters. While HK and AU with no battery drain, do not have this app. Maybe its coincidence.
    I sensed something similar on Nougat DE .376, can you confirm the drain for this firmware?

I noticed the same thing on NOBA and DE, IT seems to be ok, I lose 0-1% per night on IT.