[KERNEL][MM][DRM FIX] EliteKernel v3.4.33 [UB]

Want the new kernel made from scratch public for users??

• Total voters
Search This thread

jacfry

Feb 25, 2011
Gdansk
Maybe you guys can install "Root Validator" and check (with each Kernel) the results....

That seams to be the right approach:

I've found those differences:

Superuser binary detected in /vendor/bin/su with v3
Busybox detected in /vendor/bin/busybox with v3

Deleting those files solved the problem with SafetyNet check fail with EliteKernel v3

Last edited:
Reactions: fluffi444

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
That seams to be the right approach:

I've found those differences:

Superuser binary detected in /vendor/bin/su with v3
Busybox detected in /vendor/bin/busybox with v3

Deleting those files solved the problem with SafetyNet check fail with EliteKernel v3

Exactly! That was my though as well. I guess that /vendor/bin/su is enough to delete... Even if su is not in ramdisk of EliteKernel it happend to me as well that su come up in /vendor/bin/su! If I remember correctly this is done by an (former) SuperSU installation (to SYSTEM)... But actually I don't know it....

Busybox (/vendor/bin/busybox) is part of Ramdisk and will be back after reboot! It's needed for integrated installation routine for TWRP (check in Ramdisk file "init")
But as I said. SU is the problem...

If you are interested in Kernel/ramdisk exploring - check wonderfull AIK from master @osm0sis
https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073775

Well done!

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Yeah, I fixed magisk support but I can't work on Kernel because the windows 10 partition was damaged and I should format my pc, now I have again my windows 10 partition working but I can't restore my backup of Linux with clonezilla idk why, so development is stopped right now...
Sorry to her that. I guess most of us know that as well...HD crash or completly fu**ed up system... :eek:
We will wait in patience! Take your time... :good:

Last edited:

jacfry

Feb 25, 2011
Gdansk
Yes, /vendor/bin/su is the only reason for safetynet check failure but unfortunately it is restored during booting. Any hints how to disable it?

Last edited:

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Yes, /vendor/bin/su is the only reason for safetynet check failure but unfortunately it is restored during booting. Any hints how to disable it?
As I started with unmodified EliteKernel I used an simple init.d script to remove su automatcly during boot.

Now I use modified EliteKernel with removed TWRP, busybox, drm fix and suff... Better to say I use stock Ramdisk with EliteKernels zImage and modified this with PoC Tool to get full DRM back... TWRP is now only on FOTA Partition....

Actually I don't know exactly were this su comes from... But I can remember that it disappers when I used an updated busybox in Kernel... Is su in that specific busybox?
For test you can de-pack boot_z3c.img and delete busybox. But be warned that intergrated TWRP will not work anymore. So be on FOTA TWRP first...

What do you have in /vender/bin folder after reboot? besides of busybox and su?

EDIT
I de-packed EK again and there is init.vendor_ovl.sh. Looks like this has something to do with this all...
As faar as I know EKs ramdisk was modified with rootkernel tool from tobias waldvogel. Don't know but ramdisk looks like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: kuntiiiL

kuntiiiL

Sep 4, 2016
Tanairbeta
Kernel features that better to be excluded, regarding 2017 cool developments, are at least these three below. Reason is that they are more related (somebody slap me if I'm wrong) to Operating System features and not pure governor stuff that directs hardware behavior.

1) TWRP: when placed in FOTA Partition it becomes user-side updateable also withstand ROM flashing
2) DRM fix: TA-PoC patch enable us to use original hardware keys on unlocked environment
3) Busybox: Magisk have built-in applets and switchable systemless

Maybe more. . . dm-verity, Sony RIC, init.d, kernel root. My only success with Android Image Kitchen (AIK) is debloating TWRP since the obvious file name. The rest just don’t have idea which is which; way beter if @ShadowElite share some guidance here:D Now for some fun stuff, 32-bit Performance [PERF] results...

SliMM 3.8 ROM -vs- Concept 3657 ROM
ROM treatments: debloat & modified to balance features & deep sleep times
Kernel treatments: AIK, TA-PoC, Magisk 12

SliMM Kernel | EliteKernel | EliteKernel [PERF] -vs- Kernel12C [PERF]
Basemark II 2.0 : . . 1320 | 1220 | 1490 -vs- 1430
Basemark X : . . . . 13800 | 12100 | 14180 -vs- (fc)
Antutu 6.3.3 : . . . . 62500 | 60000 | 68800 -vs- 62900

Last edited:
As I started with unmodified EliteKernel I used an simple init.d script to remove su automatcly during boot.

Now I use modified EliteKernel with removed TWRP, busybox, drm fix and suff... Better to say I use stock Ramdisk with EliteKernels zImage and modified this with PoC Tool to get full DRM back... TWRP is now only on FOTA Partition....

Actually I don't know exactly were this su comes from... But I can remember that it disappers when I used an updated busybox in Kernel... Is su in that specific busybox?
For test you can de-pack boot_z3c.img and delete busybox. But be warned that intergrated TWRP will not work anymore. So be on FOTA TWRP first...

What do you have in /vender/bin folder after reboot? besides of busybox and su?

EDIT
I de-packed EK again and there is init.vendor_ovl.sh. Looks like this has something to do with this all...
As faar as I know EKs ramdisk was modified with rootkernel tool from tobias waldvogel. Don't know but ramdisk looks like this.

could you provide your EK modified version?

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Kernel features that better to be excluded, regarding 2017 cool developments, are at least these three below. Reason is that they are more related (somebody slap me if I'm wrong) to Operating System features and not pure governor stuff that directs hardware behavior.
1) TWRP: when placed in FOTA Partition it becomes user-side updateable also withstand ROM flashing
2) DRM fix: TA-PoC patch enable us to use original hardware keys on unlocked environment
3) Busybox: Magisk have built-in applets and switchable systemless
Maybe more. . . dm-verity, Sony RIC, init.d, kernel root. My only success with Android Image Kitchen (AIK) is debloating TWRP since the obvious file name. The rest just don’t have idea which is which; way beter if @ShadowElite share some guidance here:D Now for some fun stuff, 32-bit Performance [PERF] results...
Indeed buddy!

could you provide your EK modified version?
No problem... actually...

But because my kernel (in particular) is patched with PoC (TA included) its useless for any other Z3C. This works only on my phone because of my TA.img.

There are now two ways:

1) Send me your TA (this is save - I can do nothing with it as its only for your phone) and I patch it for you. But I will do this only for two of you. It's understandable that maybe others are asking and I have not the time to patch the whole day... understandable I think... ;)

2) And prefered: I make only stock Ramdisk (from original kernel.elf 291) with EliteKernel zImage (and two other needed small files) and the rest ist stock:
no RIC deactivation, no DRM fix, no BB, no TWRP, no kernel root, etc.... But init.d is possible if you want.... or even not... I still like init.d and use it...
With this boot.img you will go to PoC Tool and patch it for yourself with your TA.img and disable RIC - this is easy:
In PoC Tool say YES to "disable RIC" and say NO to "add TWRP" (if this question comes up - only if you have "recovery.img" in same folder)

Last edited:
Reactions: jacfry and kuntiiiL

jacfry

Feb 25, 2011
Gdansk
Based on hints by @fluffi444 I've unpacked both kernels and repacked stock 291 with boot_Z3c.img-zImage from EliteKernel v3 using AIK. I've injected DRM keys form my TA backup with TA_POC and everything seems to work OK but the method below described by @fluffi444 is easier and there is "more" EliteKernel in it

Last edited:

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
As this is still wonderfull EliteKernel I stay in this thread. @ShadowElite: if you want me to delete this or move this out of here... just call...

OK guys. Then I try to sum up the needed steps:

Just to remember: This procedure with TA PoC Tool makes only sense if you have an working TA.img backup!
This all can be done also with other kernel de-re-pack tools. But I will only refer to TA PoC Tool here.

Files/tool to have:

boot_z3c.img (stock EliteKernel), kernel.elf (stock Kernel 291), working TA.img, TA PoC Tool (https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/poc-real-trim-instead-drm-fix-t3552893)

1) use PoC with boot_z3c.img and save following files from OUT folder to main PoC folder: boot.img-cmdline, boot.img-dt, boot.img-zImage.
Finish this PoC session. Don't mind about resulting kernel. It's not needed at this point.

2) use new session of PoC with kernel.elf and your (working) TA.img: Say YES to Disable RIC, say NO to TWRP (if it comes up) - DON'T PRESS KEY to FINISH at this point.. Keep this PoC session open.

3) Go to PoC folder and copy previously saved 3 files to OUT folder: boot.img-cmdline, boot.img-dt, boot.img-zImage - This is were you merge EliteKernel with stock ramdisk.

4) Back to CMD window and now PRESS KEY to repack kernel and finish PoC session...

5) Resulting Kernel is EliteKernel with (almost) stock ramdisk, RIC disabled, SELinux: permissive (as stock EK) , TA included and therefore FULL DRM support (as original!)

I left out init.d support here...

Reports are welcome :)

Last edited:
As this is still wonderfull EliteKernel I stay in this thread. @ShadowElite: if you want me to delete this or move this out of here... just call...

OK guys. Then I try to sum up the needed steps:

Just to remember: This procedure with TA PoC Tool makes only sense if you have an working TA.img backup!
This all can be done also with other kernel de-re-pack tools. But I will only refer to TA PoC Tool here.

Files/tool to have:

boot_z3c.img (stock EliteKernel), kernel.elf (stock Kernel 291), working TA.img, TA PoC Tool (https://xdaforums.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/poc-real-trim-instead-drm-fix-t3552893)

1) use PoC with boot_z3c.img and save following files from OUT folder to main PoC folder: boot.img-cmdline, boot.img-dt, boot.img-zImage.
Finish this PoC session. Don't mind about resulting kernel. It's not needed at this point.

2) use new session of PoC with kernel.elf and your (working) TA.img: Say YES to Disable RIC, say NO to TWRP (if it comes up) - DON'T PRESS KEY to FINISH at this point.. Keep this PoC session open.

3) Go to PoC folder and copy previously saved 3 files to OUT folder: boot.img-cmdline, boot.img-dt, boot.img-zImage - This is were you merge EliteKernel with stock ramdisk.

4) Back to CMD window and now PRESS KEY to repack kernel and finish PoC session...

5) Resulting Kernel is EliteKernel with (almost) stock ramdisk, RIC disabled, SELinux: permissive (as stock EK) , TA included and therefore FULL DRM support (as original!)

I left out init.d support here...

Reports are welcome :)

i get an error (failed remote:size too large) when i try to flash the new_boot.img created with ta_poc tool...

Did you add twrp via PoC? Some combinations are to big. They are bigger than max size of 20 MB. Otherwise ask in PoC thread.

ok, i finally made it using DOUBLECLICKME option on ta_poc tool... don't know why the option with ta_poc.bat didn't work for me (always get a over 20mb file)... anyways, now everything is working as it should with my security keys active! Thanks!

Reactions: fluffi444

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
ok, i finally made it using DOUBLECLICKME option on ta_poc tool... don't know why the option with ta_poc.bat didn't work for me (always get a over 20mb file)... anyways, now everything is working as it should with my security keys active! Thanks!
Yes - DOUBLECLICKME is now the best (and most simple) way to use TA PoC Tool.
But you can still use commandline if you want... As an exapmle with kernel.elf:
Code:
ta_poc kernel.elf TA.img ramdisk

I'm going to play a little bit with this because i want to format data with f2fs but using stock ramdisk, that option doesn't work anymore. I Just want to have my TA active beside elitekernel goodies including f2fs binaries.
Yes - DOUBLECLICKME is now the best (and most simple) way to use TA PoC Tool.
But you can still use commandline if you want... As an exapmle with kernel.elf:
Code:
ta_poc kernel.elf TA.img ramdisk
Thanks for your help man! Really appreciated!

hheegg

Dec 1, 2007
Hi
After flashing the kernel, the TWRP recovery does not recognize the USB OTG
anyone else has this problem? Any chance to solve it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Elite Kernel

Unleash the beast
    for Xperia Z3 Compact
    First of all, I have spent a lot of hours on this project, trying to obtain the true power of this great device.
    This Kernel is designed for optimize battery life and give more performance than stock kernel.

Features
    • Based on lastest sources, 23.5.A.1.291
    • DRM injection inside the Zip, you don't need flash DRM Fix, just kernel
    • OC up to 2,7Ghz
    • UC for better battery life
    • Optimized voltage tables and voltage control
    • Thunderplug v5.4, a load based hotplug and optimized for multi-core devices and it is very battery friendly with a great performance
    • IntelliThermal v2, a custom thermal control better than stock one
    • GPU overclock up to 657Mhz
    • Kcal control
    • More I/O schedulers like FIOPS, Zen, VR, BFQ...
    • init.d support
    • Power suspend driver v1.5
    • Build with UBERTC 4.9 and some optimizations
    • More stuff that I don't remember

ToDo
    • Add more governors
    • Share interactive governor tuned settings for battery and performance
    • More GPU optimizations
    • F2FS support
    • More battery life optimizations
    • Maybe Quick Chargue 2.0 support.
    • Maybe sound optimizations

Installation
    1. Install my lastest TWRP (go here)
    2. Make a backup of the partition System (MUST DO, because the kernel change some modules on system)
    3. Select a version according to your needs. (See below)

• If you have a TA partition backup:
      1. Download EliteKernelZ3c-(current version).zip and extract the boot.img on your pc.
      2. Use the ta_poc tool by munjeni with your TA partition backup.
      3. Rename the new_boot.img to boot.img and replace it on the EliteKernelZ3c-(current version).zip
      4. Boot on FOTAKernel recovery, with the phone power off, press at the same time power key and vol- until the phone vibrates.
      5. Flash your EliteKernelZ3c-(current version).zip with the boot.img patched.
      6. Enjoy!
    • If you don't have a TA partition backup (so you need DRM FIX):
      1. Boot on FOTAKernel recovery, with the phone power off, press at the same time power key and vol- until the phone vibrates.
      2. Flash EliteKernelZ3c_D-(current version).zip
      3. Enjoy!

Usage with eXistenZ 5.6.5 (or similar Stock based ROMs) and Magisk
    1. eXistenZ 5.6.5 includes a TWRP recovery inside the rom, and we don't need it since we have some options for recovery here, so for remove it download this file and flash it on recovery.
    2. eXistenZ 5.6.5 also includes SuperSU on the rom and for correclty install magisk we need to remove it, so first of all update the SuperSU app on the Play Store, after go to the app and on settings there is an option for uninstall SuperSU and unroot the System, so tap it (Sometimes if it takes more of 3 mins, close the app and do it again), after that reboot the phone and done, SuperSU uninstalled.
      Now the installation/upgrade of magisk using my kernel.
    3. Download the lastest magisk zip and magisk uninstaller zip here, put they on SD card.
    4. Reboot on recovery, uninstall magisk with the uninstaller zip if you have it, flash the kernel zip, flash magisk and reboot to system, and done, enjoy magisk.

Download
    Z3c

Credits
    @AndroPlus
    @Myself5
    @DooMLoRD
    @pec0ra
    @dorimanx
    @faux123
    @Doom Slayer a lot of thanks to this great dev
    @dontbelive great dev and my Z3 tester
    @BlackSoulxxx
    @savoca

Source
    https://github.com/ShadowElite117/Xperia-Z2-Z3
    Changelog
    • v1
    • v2
      • Based on new 23.5.A.1.291 sources
    • v3
      • Added missing conservative GPU Governor
      • Added Simple GPU algorithm
      • Added Adreno idler for battery saving
      • Added Fauxsound v3.6
      • More optimizations
    • v3.4.13
      • Kernel made from scratch, so no special features for now (Sorry guys I do this for a better kernel).
      • Implemented last_kmsg for a correct bug report.
      • Updated linux kernel version from 3.4.0 to 3.4.13 (Correclty done and free of strange bugs).
      • QC 2.0 enabled (don't expect miracles, it is limited on Z3 so it works with some QC 2.0 chargers)
      • Full compatibility with Magisk, eXistenZ and ta_poc tool.
    • v3.4.33
      • Updated linux kernel version from 3.4.13 to 3.4.33.
      • Enabled a kernel flag for try to enable Assertive Display on Z2 (It just give me logs that help me to know what is happening).
      • Dropped TWRP inside the kernel, since I have build newest TWRP for aries, for FOTAKernel partition. It has more features and it is more bug free than recovery inside the kernel.

FAQs
    Q. How I can report a bug?
    A. Give me a last_kmsg, tell me your ROM, if you have Magisk, Xposed Framework or similar things and describe me the problem.

Q. How I can contact you?
    A. Please don't spam me with PMs, you can contact me on Telegram: ShadowElite117
    v4 is comming... a little picture of what can come on next update... ;)
    @ShadowElite when can we expect an upstream merge? I tried to build the kernel with the Myself5 commits added after the release of v3 and compilation keeps crashing.
    Well I'm fixing and adding more stuff for v4 I just need more time to work
    @ShadowElite could you check Magisk 11.1, it seems that it nows uses a different method ot inject selinux policies and it causes bootloops on this kernel
    I'm working on it, and more things, I successfully added magisk support, also I passed Safety Net, just be patient